Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 218. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

One of the many problems I see with regulators and anyone they listen to, is a huge lack of subject knowledge resulting in an inability to distinguish between cryptocurrency and ICOs (among other things). They make a broad based statement on cryptocurrency, when the 'wrongdoing' they are talking about is ICO specific. The report (linked in the article) covers warnings made by the SEC and the CFTC. The warnings start out quite ICO specific and also target the "Blockchains-R-Us" companies that have done nothing but attach blockchain to their name (or some similar action), but then it appears they think cryptocurrency functions the same way.

Bad Advice and Blockchain-R-US: Stern Warnings from the SEC and CFTC Chairmen on Unregistered ICOs, Cashing In on “Crypto-Mania” - https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/bad-advice-and-blockchain-r-us-stern-30337/

The article’s comments on the recent surge in Bitcoin’s price indicate a greater confidence from both regulators that
the public is treating Bitcoin as an investment and that stronger investor protections should be seriously considered.
The authors noted that:

• The largest cryptocurrency exchanges are offshore, unregulated by SEC/CFTC
• Cryptocurrencies lack “governance standards, accountability, and oversight”
• The pretense of Bitcoin as a payment vehicle has dissolved, and
• Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are now viewed as “investor assets”

Clayton and Giancarlo concluded that investor expectations are clear – the public purchases Bitcoin and other
cryptocurrencies seeking a profit. This is important because an expectation of profit is one key factor of the Howey
test, used by the SEC to identify securities under its jurisdiction.10 This Op-Ed makes clear that both these
Chairmen (and their respective Commissions) believe they have the legal authority and mandate to pursue more
protections for consumers in the cryptocurrency market. As such, market participants should expect continued
enforcement activity and scrutiny from both the SEC and CFTC.

The problem with trying to link the Howey test to cryptocurrency is, unless the development team sold the coins directly to the investor, half of the Howey Test criteria is missing.

1.It is an investment of money

2.There is an expectation of profits from the investment

3. The investment of money is in a common enterprise  

"Most federal courts define a common enterprise as one that is horizontal, meaning that investors pool their money or assets together to invest in a project."
- This fits the ICO funding model only.

4. Any profit comes from the efforts of a promoter or third party
- This is one that really distinguishes cyptocurrency from ICO's.

"The final factor of the Howey Test concerns whether any profit that comes from the investment is largely or wholly outside of the investor's control. If so, then the investment might be a security. If, however, the investor's own actions largely dictate whether an investment will be profitable, then that investment is probably not a security."
http://consumer.findlaw.com/securities-law/what-is-the-howey-test.html

With an ICO, large sums of money are handed over to a business/project and the token holder has no say or role to play in building the business.

Cryptocurrency couldn't be further from this. Honest cryptocurrencies are built by the communities that believe they will be making a difference in the world. There are so many community members and people behind the scenes that have contributed to projects like DNotes, the investors absolutely have a role in its success.

As far as the expectation of profit goes... Of course we would like to profit, because we worked for it.  Wink
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
Dnotes Team,

I have been researching Crypto currencies for over a month now, and would like to thank you for always being in the forum and updating us on your project. With all of the scams that i have discovered I was beginning to lose hope for this type of currency and was going to stop this venture and move on with my life, but you have given me hope that there is a true team out there with a vision and I am all in. I have my Vault and have my share of Dnotes and ready for the launch in March. Good luck with all that you are doing and I hope one day we are seeing Dnotes signs up at Walmart, Malls, Amazon Websites, etc. That a credit card is developed so we can spend our Dnotes at those stores. That our vaults are connected to our bank accounts so we can use Dnotes to pay off our loans and such. I don't believe that there is enough BTC out there to accomplish that mission world wide. They can start it, but will not be what carries this Cryto Currency life forward. I believe it to be Dnotes. I like the vision you have for this company. Can't wait!!!! Thank you and keep up the great work!!!! We all appreciate your updates.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

A few questions to clarify a bit more.  "2% is the target for the whole network. A target of 2% of total coins will be released as staking reward every year."  

This 2% is based on coins in existence?  So, approximately 131,300,000 (today) x .02 = 2,626,000 per year/total reward?  Which is also the total inflation (plus CRISP rewards)?

From what I understand, this is a little less than what miners are getting right now?  (Not necessarily a bad thing)

Do you feel this percentage is enough incentive for people to stake and secure the network?

I've read other coins are up to 10%.  Different inflation model, but just curious your thoughts.

From what I read earlier, there will be no master nodes?  

With the deferred/cold staking, could it be possible to do this from a mobile device?

Can we use our CRISP to stake with?

What are the terms for CRISP or penalties for withdraw from CRISP?

I think I know the answers to most of these, but I thought a little clarification would be good.

"This 2% is based on coins in existence?  So, approximately 131,300,000 (today) x .02 = 2,626,000 per year/total reward?  Which is also the total inflation (plus CRISP rewards)?"
Roughly speaking, yes. For inflation, yes, and would need to include CRISP.

"From what I understand, this is a little less than what miners are getting right now?  (Not necessarily a bad thing)"
Correct, miners receive about 1,000,000 a month now. With 130,000,000 in distribution, the maximum reward, with everyone participating in every program to the fullest, it would be a bit less at around 900,000 initially.

"Do you feel this percentage is enough incentive for people to stake and secure the network?" & "I've read other coins are up to 10%.  Different inflation model, but just curious your thoughts."
Yes! Especially when considering the less people that participate in staking, the higher the yield for the user.

"From what I read earlier, there will be no master nodes? "
Correct, initially, but that doesn't mean we won't ever have a master node or master node like concept to perform other functions.

"With the deferred/cold staking, could it be possible to do this from a mobile device?"
Not sure I understand the question correctly, but it's all possible, just may not be practical.

"Can we use our CRISP to stake with? "
The same coins will be available for staking as well as CRISP simultaneously. There may be some guidelines to follow to do this properly, and consequently a compounded long term scaling issue to address, but the short answer is yes. We are working to make it as seamless and the least technologically burdensome process possible given the requirements.

"What are the terms for CRISP or penalties for withdraw from CRISP?"
No penalties to speak of. If the coins are in the wallet, and have remained in the wallet for the required amount of time, you will receive the appropriate reward. 30 day and 365 day periods.

Thank you for the answers and clarity.  How exciting.  All those above mentioned are great benefits for DNotes currency holders.  Just another part of the overall picture that will have DNotes noticed coming soon.

What I'm asking about the mobile staking is; From what I understand, we'll be able to stake from a wallet on our PC that holds no coins (QT or different version).  It'll be connected to the vault.  In order to stake though, we'll need to run this wallet on our PC full time (if we wanted the full rewards).  This sometimes isn't always practical.  Could this type of wallet be used on a mobile platform that is pretty much online the whole time?

Yes, mobile devices would certainly be capable of storing the blockchain and running a staking full node. There are certain considerations we will have to look into to create a high efficiency and light weight version for mobile devices.
Activity: 39
Merit: 28

A few questions to clarify a bit more.  "2% is the target for the whole network. A target of 2% of total coins will be released as staking reward every year."  

This 2% is based on coins in existence?  So, approximately 131,300,000 (today) x .02 = 2,626,000 per year/total reward?  Which is also the total inflation (plus CRISP rewards)?

From what I understand, this is a little less than what miners are getting right now?  (Not necessarily a bad thing)

Do you feel this percentage is enough incentive for people to stake and secure the network?

I've read other coins are up to 10%.  Different inflation model, but just curious your thoughts.

With the deferred/cold staking, could it be possible to do this from a mobile device?

I think I know the answers to most of these, but I thought a little clarification would be good.

"This 2% is based on coins in existence?  So, approximately 131,300,000 (today) x .02 = 2,626,000 per year/total reward?  Which is also the total inflation (plus CRISP rewards)?"

"From what I understand, this is a little less than what miners are getting right now?  (Not necessarily a bad thing)"
Correct, miners receive about 1,000,000 a month now. With 130,000,000 in distribution, the maximum reward, with everyone participating in every program to the fullest, it would be a bit less at around 900,000 initially.

"Do you feel this percentage is enough incentive for people to stake and secure the network?" & "I've read other coins are up to 10%.  Different inflation model, but just curious your thoughts."
Yes! Especially when considering the less people that participate in staking, the higher the yield for the user.

Correct, initially, but that doesn't mean we won't ever have a master node or master node like concept to perform other functions.

"With the deferred/cold staking, could it be possible to do this from a mobile device?"
Not sure I understand the question correctly, but it's all possible, just may not be practical.

The same coins will be available for staking as well as CRISP simultaneously. There may be some guidelines to follow to do this properly, and consequently a compounded long term scaling issue to address, but the short answer is yes. We are working to make it as seamless and the least technologically burdensome process possible given the requirements.

No penalties to speak of. If the coins are in the wallet, and have remained in the wallet for the required amount of time, you will receive the appropriate reward. 30 day and 365 day periods.

Thank you for the answers and clarity.  How exciting.  All those above mentioned are great benefits for DNotes coin holders.  Just another part of the overall picture that will have DNotes noticed coming soon.

What I'm asking about the mobile staking is; From what I understand, we'll be able to stake from a wallet on our PC that holds no coins (QT or different version).  It'll be connected to the vault.  In order to stake though, we'll need to run this wallet on our PC full time (if we wanted the full rewards).  This sometimes isn't always practical.  Could this type of wallet be used on a mobile platform that is pretty much online the whole time?

legendary
DNotes

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
DNotes

I'm working on DNotes material and getting a little bug-eyed searching for details.

Regarding the staking rewards:

I can't remember whose post this was, but need clarification on a couple of points:

The rate of growth is actually capped, based on the issuance of new DNotes for payment of staking reward (2% per year)

monthly CRISP reward (1.66% every 30 days or 2% per year) +

annual CRISP reward (4% every 365 days.)

The annual total is approximately 8%.

That is the annual growth rate and in proportion to your ownership of DNotes, if you participate in full.

1). How long do you have to hold DNotes to get the staking reward of 2% per year?

2). What is the difference between the staking reward of 2% and the CRISP reward of 2%?

3). Are there any other specific details I need to include, such as minimum stake on any of these rewards, etc???

p.s.  I think I'll change the 1.66% every 30 days to .166% every 30 days.  Wink

"1). How long do you have to hold DNotes to get the staking reward of 2% per year?"
To get 2%, on average, you would have to be staking your coins for the entire year, that is if everyone is staking all of the coins. It doesn't matter how long you have had them prior to the point where you started staking.

Let me clarify how that works.

2% is the target for the whole network. A target of 2% of total coins will be released as staking reward every year.

But what happens when not all of the coins on the network are being staked?
The reward for the network as a whole doesn't change, but the reward percentage for the individual staker will. If only half the coins on the network are being staked, then you may receive closer to 4%.

Will there be a compounding effect?
Absolutely, the coins that you are staking with will be increased every time you win the staking reward for a block, and give you more coins to stake with (confirmed within 60 blocks).

"2). What is the difference between the staking reward of 2% and the CRISP reward of 2%?"
The CRISP reward is automatic and does not require you to be actively running a node that is actively staking your coins. And they must be older than 30 days, held in the same wallet.

"3). Are there any other specific details I need to include, such as minimum stake on any of these rewards, etc???"
There isn't going to be a minimum at this time. Staking will become less efficient with less coins, for instance if you have 100 DNotes, staking may not make sense for you because it will take years on average to win a stake reward.

"p.s.  I think I'll change the 1.66% every 30 days to .166% every 30 days.  Wink"
Correct, that must have been a typo. Smiley

I hope this helps to clarify. If not please let me know.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

I'm working on DNotes material and getting a little bug-eyed searching for details.

Regarding the staking rewards:

I can't remember whose post this was, but need clarification on a couple of points:

The rate of growth is actually capped, based on the issuance of new DNotes for payment of staking reward (2% per year)

monthly CRISP reward (1.66% every 30 days or 2% per year) +

annual CRISP reward (4% every 365 days.)

The annual total is approximately 8%.

That is the annual growth rate and in proportion to your ownership of DNotes, if you participate in full.

1). How long do you have to hold DNotes to get the staking reward of 2% per year?

2). What is the difference between the staking reward of 2% and the CRISP reward of 2%?

3). Are there any other specific details I need to include, such as minimum stake on any of these rewards, etc???

p.s.  I think I'll change the 1.66% every 30 days to .166% every 30 days.  Wink
legendary
DNotes
DNotes Global Inc Unveils New Video Series for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Great work Alan. You've accomplished more with The Four Pillars of Business Success than a good majority of the hundreds of cryptocurrencies/ICO tokens with 100+ million dollar market caps have done. The information contained in this video series, book, and website is extremely useful to entrepreneurs and will go on to serve them for decades to come. If the work you have done here doesn't demonstrate your commitment to the success of DNotes, then I don't know what does. It's hard to find that kind of leadership in this industry, largely in part because it's so easy for the leaders/founders to take the money and run, or be half ass committed to multiple 'smoke and mirror' schemes they have in the works.

Thank you, Brandon. I consider it a privilege to have gained such rich experience in this rough-tough world of business and now able to share with others so that they too can benefit from greater business success. This is something I am very passionate about and trust that it will also contribute to the overall success of DNotes as well. It is less of a hard work when one loves what he does. Not an easy thing to keep up but I am loving it.

Don't forget, we have some exciting dates coming up:

February 18, 2018 - DNotes 4th Birthday.

March 18, 2018 - DNotes 2.0 Target Launch date

As Joe reported earlier, we are extremely pleased with the progress our team has been making in partnership with Geneca. We are even more confident today, than we have ever been, that DNotes will be a technology leader in our industry. We are looking forward to a very exciting year.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Analyst: Google Search Trends Offer Clues About Bitcoin Price Moves

https://dcebrief.com/analyst-google-search-trends-offer-clues-about-bitcoin-price-moves/
Activity: 171
Merit: 10

Great work Alan. You've accomplished more with The Four Pillars of Business Success than a good majority of the hundreds of cryptocurrencies/ICO tokens with 100+ million dollar market caps have done. The information contained in this video series, book, and website is extremely useful to entrepreneurs and will go on to serve them for decades to come. If the work you have done here doesn't demonstrate your commitment to the success of DNotes, then I don't know what does. It's hard to find that kind of leadership in this industry, largely in part because it's so easy for the leaders/founders to take the money and run, or be half ass committed to multiple 'smoke and mirror' schemes they have in the works.
legendary
DNotes
Dear Dev Team,

Can you VERY simply, explain the next 3 things on your "to do" list for the coin project?

Many Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, we are working on the DNotes 2.0 release and it's features. Simply stated that initial release will ideally include the switch to POS, CRISP, Invoicing, and Deferred Staking. This release will be our new base platform to build from and upgrade over time. We have to be careful about how we disseminate information, announcements of progress and / or releases must be planned, released fairly, and accurate if DNotes Global Inc is to be a publicly traded company one day.

can you say something about invoicing ? it will be something like populous ?

It is not like populous. It is a system designed to help merchants / service providers and customers utilize the blockchain for transacting and keeping track in a fully automated and decentralized environment while minimizing the technology burden for the users. The upcoming release will be 1 segment of the overall system.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Dear Dev Team,

Can you VERY simply, explain the next 3 things on your "to do" list for the coin project?

Many Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, we are working on the DNotes 2.0 release and it's features. Simply stated that initial release will ideally include the switch to POS, CRISP, Invoicing, and Deferred Staking. This release will be our new base platform to build from and upgrade over time. We have to be careful about how we disseminate information, announcements of progress and / or releases must be planned, released fairly, and accurate if DNotes Global Inc is to be a publicly traded company one day.

can you say something about invoicing ? it will be something like populous ?
legendary
DNotes
Is there any discord or slack channel for DNotes ?

Hi ironmanTR, we do not have a slack or discord channel at this time. However, if you have any questions or need more information, please feel free to communicate with us here on the forum.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Is there any discord or slack channel for DNotes ?
legendary
DNotes
Dear Dev Team,

Many Thanks
Mike

Activity: 82
Merit: 0
Dear Dev Team,

Many Thanks
Mike

Jump to: