Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 220. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

Chapter 13 - Building on the Four Pillars

Embracing Change

Eyes on the Prize: Maintaining Vision

legendary
DNotes

Chapter 13 - Building on the Four Pillars

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
At Davos, World Leaders Call for Crypto Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/at-davos-world-leaders-call-for-crypto-regulation/

I really question the whole "World Leaders" part of that statement. They may be seen as "leaders" but I see most of these people as "chair warmers". Regulation is only good if you truly understand what you are regulating. I don't see that from these people at all, I see fear and that is dangerous. We as a group, as crypto users and leaders, need to constantly push our message on why crypto is not a threat to these people if they embrace it. On the other hand, if they fight it, it will only go underground and become a weapon, and an unstoppable one at that.
legendary
DNotes
Chapter 12 - Customer

Why the Customer Experience Matters

Developing Your Customer Feedback System

Unexpected Customer Complaints: Effective Traffic Control

Customer Retention: Your Key to Growth and Success

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Does anyone happen to know the opposite of “Pump and Dump? Is Bash and FUD close enough? That is what is happening to Bitcoin at Davos World Economic Forum currently taking place in Switzerland.

It is unfortunate that some of the world’s most respected business and political leaders must listen to this kind of trash. And, at the end of the conference, some of them are going home to help regulate an emerging industry that will be the greatest technology revolution since the Internet.

Sad. We need to spread the truth. We support reasonable regulations that protect investors from fraud and deceptive misrepresentations. Ironically, we are already hurting many new investors with this kind trash talk.

Bitcoin is getting bashed at Davos but the crypto world is fighting back

•   While the potential of blockchain, the underlying technology behind cryptocurrencies, was praised, bitcoin got slammed.
•   Nobel Prize-winning economist Robert Shiller told CNBC ahead of Davos that it may be around for 100 years, though it's more likely to collapse.
•   Bitcoin's reputation as a currency that is primarily used for illicit activities still lingered too.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/bitcoin-criticized-at-wef-in-davos-but-cryptocurrency-world-fights-back.html
legendary
DNotes

Great work Joe, this paints a very clear picture for the reader on why DNotesVault.com is the superior option for hassle free cryptocurrency storage.

Appreciate it guys! I hope it will help people to make the right choices for safe keeping of their coins and that fit their particular needs.
Merit: 102
legendary
Although, regulatory enforcement in our industry, because of the out of control ICOs craze, is becoming more apparent, I am encouraged to notice that both the SEC Chairman Jay Clayton and the CFTC Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo appeared to support a more measured approach and questioned, “whether our historic approach to the regulation of currency transactions is appropriate for the cryptocurrency markets.”

They went on to acknowledge that, ”these markets are new, evolving and international. As such they require us to be nimble and forward-looking; coordinated with our state, federal and international colleagues; and engaged with important stakeholders, including Congress.”

As a result, they concluded that, “We would support policy efforts to revisit these frameworks and ensure they are effective and efficient for the digital era,”

That is quite refreshing. DNotes’ position is to respect and follow the regulations already on the books. We can play a constructive role by helping to educate law makers and regulators in shaping the existing legal frameworks to be more in line and adaptable to the new decentralized world of digital currency.

Read more:

CFTC Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo & SEC Chairman Jay Clayton Join in OpED on Cryptocurrency
January 25, 2018 @ 3:49 pm By JD Alois

In another obvious sign that the federal government is ramping up enforcement actions against initial coin offerings that do not file for an appropriate securities exemption or commit other illegal acts such as fraud, CFTC Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo and SEC Chairman Jay Clayton jointly published an Op-Ed in WSJ.com affirming their intent to “enforce rules that foster innovation while promoting market integrity and confidence.

Clayton and Giancarlo stated;
“In recent months, we have seen a wide range of market participants, including retail investors, seeking to invest in DLT initiatives, including through cryptocurrencies and so-called ICOs—initial coin offerings. Experience tells us that while some market participants may make fortunes, the risks to all investors are high. Caution is merited.”

The two regulators said both agencies, along with other state, federal and criminal authorities will continue to deter and prosecute fraud and abuse. Clayton and Giancarlo added that many of the internet-based cryptocurrency trading platforms have registered as payment services and are not subject to direct oversight by the SEC or the CFTC.

” These markets are new, evolving and international. As such they require us to be nimble and forward-looking; coordinated with our state, federal and international colleagues; and engaged with important stakeholders, including Congress.”

Both the SEC and the CFTC have created new units within their respective agencies to target cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings. Recent actions have focused on blatant acts of fraud but there is growing concern within the ICO industry that other individuals, such as promoters and exchanges, could get embroiled in enforcement or civil actions. There are already multiple class action law suits which have been filed against issuers who sold “unregistered securities.”

Last week, Chair Clayton delivered a pointed rebuke to ICO enablers, including attorneys that are providing legal advice to issuers.

It is very important to note that both Clayton and Giancarlo appear to be willing to embrace change and Fintech innovation in general. The two officials questioned “whether our historic approach to the regulation of currency transactions is appropriate for the cryptocurrency markets.”

“We would support policy efforts to revisit these frameworks and ensure they are effective and efficient for the digital era,” stated Clayton and Giancarlo.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/01/127590-cftc-chairman-j-christopher-giancarlo-sec-chairman-jay-clayton-join-oped-cryptocurrency/
Activity: 171
Merit: 10

Great work Joe, this paints a very clear picture for the reader on why DNotesVault.com is the superior option for hassle free cryptocurrency storage.
legendary
DNotes
Chapter 12 - Customer

Why the Customer Experience Matters

Developing Your Customer Feedback System

Merit: 102
legendary

I could be wrong, but this may be the first article under Joe's name that I've seen yet! A very solid effort. Keep it up.

I've been writing the investor pitch deck video script this week, and preparing the shots, shooting locations etc. Flying back to Australia for it early tomorrow morning.

You are correct. This is Joe's first article. He is a thought leader and has a lot to share. Our challenge is not having the time to work on our ever growing wish list. Only things that are considered "a good fit" and ranked high on our priority list get our serious attention , these days. Unfortunately, that is the sign of rapid growth early stage start-ups until we are elevated to the next level and have the resources to afford all the needed help.

I just emailed you my additions to the pitch deck you are working on. Have a great trip, Tim. Thanks.
legendary
Chapter 5 add on concept.

Beyond the Big Picture: Strategic Details Should Be Dynamic

The video series is amazing in that it drills down into the finer details. This one I believe is important on many levels. You develop your goals and strategy, in terms of where you are going. You develop your company culture and mantra, get everyone moving towards those same goals. You drill down into the details of how you are going to get there and it starts to become very dynamic. Being dynamic, open to ideas, and adapting to the current environment is extremely beneficial to reaching your goals. It is easy to confuse, you don't change your direction, or where you are going, but even with the best planning you are going to be wrong and even have to chose the path as you go sometimes.

"The further you drill, the more dynamic your strategy will need to be"

These strategies apply to all facets of life. Know when to be flexible, and know how to deal with challenges as they are presented.

Thank you, Joe. I am glad that you summed it up so well.

Some may wonder what has the book got to do with DNotes or even DNotes Global, Inc.

A lot. The book, in fact, is a vital part of our business plan. It helps to define our vision - the final destination with all the accomplishments and by-products we all work so hard to accomplish. Ideally, that would be the day when DNotes is conveniently accessible to everyone, as the trusted digital currency, and accepted by the masses in global commerce.

The book helps to define our culture, our trusted brand, how we treat our customers, stakeholders, shareholders, partners, and employees. It reminds us that no single person can accomplish much alone. But when like-minded common people, like all of us, can join force to build a single unified culture in the pursuit of common goals, that are mutually beneficial to all, there will be nothing beyond our reach. The book helps us to define one optimum path and guides us all to stay on course.

That is how we will make our vision a reality. Meanwhile, we are on many missions (ecosystems, business units, NextGen VC and more) - each loaded with different goals and objectives. I hope that many of you will make an effort to read my book and watch my videos. Be generous and share what you learned. Enjoy.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535

I could be wrong, but this may be the first article under Joe's name that I've seen yet! A very solid effort. Keep it up.

I've been writing the investor pitch deck video script this week, and preparing the shots, shooting locations etc. Flying back to Australia for it early tomorrow morning.
legendary

Amazing work, Joe. I trust that many people in our industry can benefit from your deep technical knowledge of this rapidly expanding industry.

legendary
DNotes
It's just a matter of getting into good exchanges, Dnotes is good to go

Thanks Wealthway, that will certainly be one of our higher priorities shortly after the release of DNotes 2.0.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
A Nigerian cryptocurrency advocate, let's do it
It's just a matter of getting into good exchanges, Dnotes is good to go
legendary
DNotes
Chapter 5 add on concept.

Beyond the Big Picture: Strategic Details Should Be Dynamic

The video series is amazing in that it drills down into the finer details. This one I believe is important on many levels. You develop your goals and strategy, in terms of where you are going. You develop your company culture and mantra, get everyone moving towards those same goals. You drill down into the details of how you are going to get there and it starts to become very dynamic. Being dynamic, open to ideas, and adapting to the current environment is extremely beneficial to reaching your goals. It is easy to confuse, you don't change your direction, or where you are going, but even with the best planning you are going to be wrong and even have to chose the path as you go sometimes.

"The further you drill, the more dynamic your strategy will need to be"

These strategies apply to all facets of life. Know when to be flexible, and know how to deal with challenges as they are presented.
legendary
Our Op-Ed response to ASB bank has been picked up by The National Business Review, one of New Zealand's largest news sources that is also likely the largest in New Zealand that targets business professionals. Unfortunately, it is behind a paywall, but it's a fair compromise for a much wider exposure to business professionals in the industry we were targeting in the article.

That is fantastic, Tim and Daniel. Congratulations!
Jump to: