Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 227. (Read 148848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
DNotes Global, Inc. CEO Alan Yong Shares View on the ICO Conundrum - a Challenge Beyond the SEC Mandate

Interesting. Some new names I have not seen before.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
DNotes Global, Inc. CEO Alan Yong Shares View on the ICO Conundrum - a Challenge Beyond the SEC Mandate

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Hi all, TeeGee and me are getting a Facebook Page off the ground for long-term DNotes Social Media purposes.

Can folks on this board do us a solid and like the page, and then invite your Facebook friends to do so as well? Looking to get a few thousand folks on the page organically, and then building out some social strategies from there. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

fb.me/InternetofValue.Bitcoin
legendary
I just came across this and thought it is worth sharing. It has been fairly well established that known ICOs to date involved the sale of tokens that are not registered or exempt with the SEC though they are deemed securities under U.S. law. I am concerned that this will not end well. It is damaging to our industry and could lead regulators and enforcement agents to over-react.

More than ever, it is important for investors to do their homework before investing. DNotes is always committed to do the right thing. We encourage you to do a deep research on us and feel free to ask any question.

Silver Miller Law Firm Files Class Action Against Giga Watt ICO Claiming Sales of Unregistered Securities

January 4, 2018 @ 8:01 am By JD Alois

Any US based initial coin offering (ICO) that raised a fair amount of money and did not file for a securities exemption should be quite nervous now. Giga Watt, an ICO that raised $20 million last summer, was hit with a class action lawsuit by the law firm of Silver Miller as a Christmas present last week.

The allegations have now become fairly standard as the plaintiff, StormsMedia, alleges that Giga Watt conducted an unregistered offering of securities. Something that is obviously against the law.

But, like many other lawsuits filed against a successful ICO, the complaint goes further stating:
•   Defendants appear to have already pocketed for themselves large sums of money
•   It appears Plaintiff et al will not see any return on their investment
•   Defendants used deceptive activity and intentional deprivation of investor rights and protection
•   and much more…

StormsMedia may not be very happy that when it (and others) invested the price of Bitcoin etc. was rather low.

In the ensuing months, the price of many cryptocurrencies rocketed. The complaint estimates the investment of $20 million is now worth over $100 million. For StormsMedia, their investment is now pegged at a valuation of $5.1 million. Perhaps it would have been better for the investors to have not invested at all? Yes, a rhetorical question.

The Plaintiff apparently requested a recision of the deal back on November 22, 2017. The Defendants have “failed to provide a meaningful response” to the demand – allegedly in violation of the terms of their own white paper including terms for an investor remedy.

David Silver, from Silver Miller, told Crowdfund Insider that all pre-functional tokens promised in an ICO fit the definition of the sale of a security which means the seller has to comply with US securities law;

“In this case, the defendant — whether intentionally or not — did neither and is therefore strictly liable for offering and selling unregistered securities,” said Miller. “Just because utility tokens might one day have a consumptive use does not remove them from being a “security” prior to that use.  Promoting the expectation of profit from pre-functional tokens, like Giga Watt did and continues to do, is by definition the sale of a security; and this case will hold Giga Watt accountable for its actions.”

Miller added they are pursuing a longer list of crypto companies that are allegedly in breach of US securities law;
“We currently have pending cases against Coinbase, Kraken, Tezos, Monkey Capital and Giga Watt.  I expect more to be filed as 2018 progresses,” said Silver.

Having $100 million in crypto & cash is a pretty fat target for disgruntled investors. Lawyers almost always win in a case like this. Everyone else, well that depends.  Giga Watt is most certainly lawyering up – just as every other US based ICO that raised big money, minus a Form D, should be doing now as suing ICO issuers is becoming a cottage industry of sorts.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/01/126633-silver-miller-law-files-class-action-giga-watt-ico-claiming-sales-unregistered-securities/
legendary
and what about wallet , so i would like to send my dnotes to wallet and they will be automatically swaped in wallet ?

If you have not done so, it is best to create a wallet at the DNotesVault where your DNotes will be swapped automatically when DNotes 2.0 is launched. Private wallets will involve a simple process to be announced later.

Visit DNotesVault HERE:  https://dnotesvault.com/register

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
and what about wallet , so i would like to send my dnotes to wallet and they will be automatically swaped in wallet ?
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
New Zealand Tax Revenue Agency is suggesting that people take into consideration the classification of a cryptocurrency, and the intent of their purchase, when discerning personal tax liabiliity -- in lieu of them releasing more specific guidelines.

https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-finance/91564/ird-says-people-should-consider-money-made-selling-cryptocurrencies-bought
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Venezuelan Legislators: Maduro’s “Petro” Cryptocurrency Illegal

https://dcebrief.com/venezuelan-legislators-maduros-petro-cryptocurrency-illegal/
legendary

https://youtu.be/DaQR4jk1voQ

Amazing! Dauphin DTR-1 from 1993. This is a piece of history and still works 25 years later. This was groundbreaking technology for the time and in many ways began to shape what is today's cell phones and tablets. For those of you familiar with running a business, it takes a lifetime of experiences to get it right. For every successful business there was likely half a dozen failed ones, and the 'overnight success' that were 5-10 years in the making Smiley. I have tremendous respect for Alan and the immense experience he has taken the time to share with me and bring to DNotes.
wowowowow

What an awesome find. Alan, I'd imagine seeing a video like that is like looking at baby pictures of grown children....memories come flooding back!

Thank you, MiningHabit. Until last week, I had no clue that this video was out there with 300,000+ views and 900+ comments.

Yes, it brought back a lot of memories for sure. Naturally, a question popped up in my mind - where would I be if I rejected IBM's offer the third time?

Never mind, DNotes is well worth it. I had always wished that I can leave a positive impact to help change the world slightly for the better. It is becoming far more certain by the day that DNotes is a far better dream than I have ever dreamt. Hope you all will continue to help make that a reality. Thank you.  
I do not see any activity on the DNotes-2.0 GitHub page..!

Are you 100% sure you can release it on February??

Please specify the exact date.

I have bad memories of delays!!

Hi a.roman, we are on target for Q1 release and will be uploading our new repository soon.

Specify at least month ... February, March, April..?

You must know which month will be released!

I want to know if I need to sell my DNotes or still have to keep them!

Patience, brother.

Building a world-class ecosystem, and changing up the entire codebase to a better language....takes time. And it's obvious that momentum is building.

At my company office in Chicago, I wrote this quote on whiteboard wall...It's something Steve Jobs said in a CNBC Documentary about Pixar....

"But if you look very closely, most overnight success stories took a really long time."

I've been holding my DNotes since the genesis block in Feb 2014. I've not touched or sold a single one. And don't plan it for a good long while.

https://youtu.be/DaQR4jk1voQ

Amazing! Dauphin DTR-1 from 1993. This is a piece of history and still works 25 years later. This was groundbreaking technology for the time and in many ways began to shape what is today's cell phones and tablets. For those of you familiar with running a business, it takes a lifetime of experiences to get it right. For every successful business there was likely half a dozen failed ones, and the 'overnight success' that were 5-10 years in the making Smiley. I have tremendous respect for Alan and the immense experience he has taken the time to share with me and bring to DNotes.
wowowowow

What an awesome find. Alan, I'd imagine seeing a video like that is like looking at baby pictures of grown children....memories come flooding back!
Activity: 846
Merit: 535

Will this be the rule or the exception? Despite many warnings from regulators around the world, ICOs have not slowed down. 

ICO JANUARY 10, 2018 11:02

Cease and Desist! Malaysia’s Securities Watchdog Puts Brakes on ICO

Malaysia’s statutory securities regulator and watchdog has issued a cease an immediate cease and desist to a startup’s initial coin offering (ICO).

With a statement on Tuesday, the Securities Commission (SC) Malaysia ordered the CopyCash Foundation to “immediately cease and desist all its proposed activities including a purported plan to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)”. CopyCash describes itself as a decentralized social travestying (trading and investing) blockchain platform on its website, enabling travestying in foreign exchange markets and cryptocurrencies.
The directive came ahead of the intended launch of the startup’s ICO today.

The ban follows a previous statement by the regulator on January 5 when the authority stated it “will be calling in key officers” from CopyCash to “inquire into its activities including the purported launch of CopyCashCoin (CCC).” The regulator also noted that it had seen an increase in ICOs “soliciting investments in cryptocurrencies from the public at large, including senior citizens.”

After the inquiry, the SC wrote in its statement yesterday:

“The [cease and desist] directive was issued by the SC following its inquiry after it found that there is a reasonable likelihood that disclosures in CopyCash Foundation’s white paper and representations to potential investors will contravene relevant requirements under securities laws.”
The securities regulator’s swift action notably follows a public notice cautioning the publicover ICO-related investments, in September 2017. The authority urged investors to “fully understand” what’s on offer with a digital token sale, adding ICO operators could include disclaimers that would absolve them from “certain responsibilities and obligations.”

In its statement last week, the Securities Commission confirmed it will continue to put a spotlight on ICO activities in Malaysia alongside the country’s central bank.

“The SC continues to work with Bank Negara Malaysia and other enforcement agencies, including our foreign counterparts, to closely monitor such activities and will take appropriate action where necessary,” the watchdog stated.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/01/126916-punch-tv-reg-offer-temporarily-suspended-sec-raising-3-million/

An interesting outcome I can foresee from all of the ICO madness, and their general non-compliance, would be state regulators telling banks and exchanges to only allow the withdrawal of cryptocurrency investment funds into fiat by projects that have met the securities registration requirements in member countries.

Good thing DNotes are thinking ahead!
legendary
DNotes
Awesome and one of an interesting project

Welcome to the DNotes forum ambreenamin! If you have any questions or need any help, we have a great community here.
legendary
DNotes
Kodak Announces Launch of Blockchain-Based Image Rights Platform and Cryptocurrency

https://dcebrief.com/kodak-announces-launch-of-blockchain-based-image-rights-platform-and-cryptocurrency/

It sure is incredible watching a company whose rich history dates back to 1888 try to make a resurgence on blockchain. I think they're onto something with this idea, and investors seem to agree!

This is a very interesting one. Kodak, being an industry outsider, taking on a large project as they recognize the value and potential in blockchain and how it can tie into their company. Companies such as these getting involved lends a little more credibility to our industry.

This is an interesting twist. Take note that: “the offering is being issued under SEC guidelines as a security token under Regulation 506 (c) as an exempt offering and will be open to properly accredited investors from the United States, Canada, the UK, and several other nations.”

It means that the small investors will be left out. Reg. D 506 (c) is a significantly less burdensome process with no requirements for audited financial statements.

“Kodak has partnered with London firm Wenn Media Group for a planned initial coin offering (ICO) that will begin January 31, 2018. According to the company’s announcement, the offering is being issued “under SEC guidelines as a security token under Regulation 506 (c) as an exempt offering” and will be open to properly accredited investors from the United States, Canada, the UK, and several other nations.
Eastman Kodak shares rose in value by almost 120% after Tuesday’s announcement.”

the offering is being issued under SEC guidelines as a security token under Regulation 506 (c) as an exempt offering and will be open to properly accredited investors from the United States, Canada, the UK, and several other nations.”

It means that the small investors will be left out. Reg. D 506 (c) is a significantly less burdensome process with no requirements for audited financial statements.

Oh, I didn't catch that part. That is unfortunate.
legendary

DNotes 101

December 26, 2017

DNotes Global Inc. Partnering with Geneca

DNotes Global Inc. announced on Tuesday that the company has partnered with technology firm Geneca to expand its development efforts in preparation for the launch of DNotes 2.0 in early 2018. According to the company’s press release, the partnership will help bolster the DNotes ecosystem and provide the technological boost DNotes needs to rapidly expand in the coming year.

DNotes Chief Technology Officer Theodore Hauenstein noted:

We have been searching for the best possible firm to expand our development team for DNotes 2.0 and beyond, and we are proud to announce we have acquired the services of Geneca. Geneca shares both our business philosophy and our vision for making DNotes a technology leader, making them the ideal partner for our rapid expansion plans.”

The Geneca team will reportedly use its technical expertise and capacity to complete the development of DNotes 2.0, while also providing the support needed for future upgrades after the platform launch. The press release also suggests that the partnership with Geneca will offer new support for external developers who want to build products on the DNotes blockchain.

Geneca is a technology company based in Oak Brook, Illinois. The firm lays claim to a 92% product creation success rate over the course of its 19 years of existence, including product development for well-known brands like Mercer, Anthem Healthcare, and Redbox.

https://dcebrief.com/dnotes-global-inc-partnering-with-geneca/

Do your own research here - https://www.geneca.com/    http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-global-inc-announces-partnership-with-geneca-for-blockchain-technology-development/

Thank you, Chase. This is very helpful. As we approach DNotes' 4th Birthday on February 18, 2018, it will be a good thing to revisit the many projects that we have been involved in as a part of our multiple missions to build a trusted brand, make DNotes accessible to everyone, involve the under-represented female population and much more - as the best means of ultimately realizing our vision of a digital currency gaining mass acceptance in global commerce.

I strongly encourage our community to participate. We have been working long and hard for the last four years. This is the time to take pride and help share the DNotes story. Those who want to earn some DNotes, I suggest that you post a DNotes deposit address. I do not encourage begging but there is nothing wrong to reward extra efforts. Thank you.
legendary
Kodak Announces Launch of Blockchain-Based Image Rights Platform and Cryptocurrency

https://dcebrief.com/kodak-announces-launch-of-blockchain-based-image-rights-platform-and-cryptocurrency/

It sure is incredible watching a company whose rich history dates back to 1888 try to make a resurgence on blockchain. I think they're onto something with this idea, and investors seem to agree!

This is a very interesting one. Kodak, being an industry outsider, taking on a large project as they recognize the value and potential in blockchain and how it can tie into their company. Companies such as these getting involved lends a little more credibility to our industry.

This is an interesting twist. Take note that: “the offering is being issued under SEC guidelines as a security token under Regulation 506 (c) as an exempt offering and will be open to properly accredited investors from the United States, Canada, the UK, and several other nations.”

“Kodak has partnered with London firm Wenn Media Group for a planned initial coin offering (ICO) that will begin January 31, 2018. According to the company’s announcement, the offering is being issued “under SEC guidelines as a security token under Regulation 506 (c) as an exempt offering” and will be open to properly accredited investors from the United States, Canada, the UK, and several other nations.
Eastman Kodak shares rose in value by almost 120% after Tuesday’s announcement.”
legendary

Will this be the rule or the exception? Despite many warnings from regulators around the world, ICOs have not slowed down. 

ICO JANUARY 10, 2018 11:02

Cease and Desist! Malaysia’s Securities Watchdog Puts Brakes on ICO

Malaysia’s statutory securities regulator and watchdog has issued a cease an immediate cease and desist to a startup’s initial coin offering (ICO).

With a statement on Tuesday, the Securities Commission (SC) Malaysia ordered the CopyCash Foundation to “immediately cease and desist all its proposed activities including a purported plan to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)”. CopyCash describes itself as a decentralized social travestying (trading and investing) blockchain platform on its website, enabling travestying in foreign exchange markets and cryptocurrencies.
The directive came ahead of the intended launch of the startup’s ICO today.

The ban follows a previous statement by the regulator on January 5 when the authority stated it “will be calling in key officers” from CopyCash to “inquire into its activities including the purported launch of CopyCashCoin (CCC).” The regulator also noted that it had seen an increase in ICOs “soliciting investments in cryptocurrencies from the public at large, including senior citizens.”

After the inquiry, the SC wrote in its statement yesterday:

“The [cease and desist] directive was issued by the SC following its inquiry after it found that there is a reasonable likelihood that disclosures in CopyCash Foundation’s white paper and representations to potential investors will contravene relevant requirements under securities laws.”
The securities regulator’s swift action notably follows a public notice cautioning the publicover ICO-related investments, in September 2017. The authority urged investors to “fully understand” what’s on offer with a digital token sale, adding ICO operators could include disclaimers that would absolve them from “certain responsibilities and obligations.”

In its statement last week, the Securities Commission confirmed it will continue to put a spotlight on ICO activities in Malaysia alongside the country’s central bank.

“The SC continues to work with Bank Negara Malaysia and other enforcement agencies, including our foreign counterparts, to closely monitor such activities and will take appropriate action where necessary,” the watchdog stated.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/01/126916-punch-tv-reg-offer-temporarily-suspended-sec-raising-3-million/
legendary
DNotes

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

DNotes 101

December 26, 2017

DNotes Global Inc. Partnering with Geneca

DNotes Global Inc. announced on Tuesday that the company has partnered with technology firm Geneca to expand its development efforts in preparation for the launch of DNotes 2.0 in early 2018. According to the company’s press release, the partnership will help bolster the DNotes ecosystem and provide the technological boost DNotes needs to rapidly expand in the coming year.

DNotes Chief Technology Officer Theodore Hauenstein noted:

We have been searching for the best possible firm to expand our development team for DNotes 2.0 and beyond, and we are proud to announce we have acquired the services of Geneca. Geneca shares both our business philosophy and our vision for making DNotes a technology leader, making them the ideal partner for our rapid expansion plans.”

The Geneca team will reportedly use its technical expertise and capacity to complete the development of DNotes 2.0, while also providing the support needed for future upgrades after the platform launch. The press release also suggests that the partnership with Geneca will offer new support for external developers who want to build products on the DNotes blockchain.

Geneca is a technology company based in Oak Brook, Illinois. The firm lays claim to a 92% product creation success rate over the course of its 19 years of existence, including product development for well-known brands like Mercer, Anthem Healthcare, and Redbox.

https://dcebrief.com/dnotes-global-inc-partnering-with-geneca/

Do your own research here - https://www.geneca.com/    http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-global-inc-announces-partnership-with-geneca-for-blockchain-technology-development/
Jump to: