Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 297. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Got the files back from BTCWise and updated the channel. Looks great and thanks again! but open to suggestions, if we need anything else.

My concern is that the font size is too small. The "Enabling peer to peer" font size is the bare minimum that I can read on the banner when looking at Youtube. Small print makes me nervous.

Maybe I get nervous from the line in the Tom Waits song, "Step Right Up" that says, "The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away."
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Got the files back from BTCWise and updated the channel. Looks great and thanks again! but open to suggestions, if we need anything else.

Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

A vast expanse of deep red sea at https://coinmarketcap.com/ and elsewhere this morning  in response to the above news update!

A major correction in the market  from a SWOT perspective.

I do know that prices have often pulled back after a rally but am a little skeptical this round as China's investors seem to form  a significant portion of cryptocurrency players/holders and most new ICOs are based on ETH and may not hold as well as BTC.

The Chinese exchanges are selling the coins at super low prices; it's quite obvious it's a panic sell as apart from looking at  banning ICOs , the government will also be  investigating  the exchanges.

For long-term investors, better to just hold and ride out this storm.

Happy Labor Day to all of you in the US.

Sept 5th, red sea now mostly green and, so it goes, I love a market that is quick to recover...  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
It's also a good opportunity to get some discounted coins Smiley It is a good thing to have some form of regulations otherwise we have ICOs popping every hour. China being the first country to start working on this will be also the first country to launch regulated ICOs in the future. Hopefully other countries will follow once there is a working model that is successful.

Welcome to DNotes, veso86. It may take a little while for things to play out and settle down. This is a good time for portfolio adjustment. There are a lot of questionable projects/coins - so now is a good time to make some adjustments, especially if you can find your favorites at a bargain.

ICOs have gone wild. A few are getting very rich overnight at the expense of many. Reasonable regulations to ensure some consumers protection is healthy. Unfortunately, many law-makers are often ill-informed and reactive. I am concerned that this will lead to regulatory over-reach. I suspect that many other countries will follow China's lead. We always prefer to stay on the side of caution and take our time to do thing right, even if it takes longer to get there.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
It's also a good opportunity to get some discounted coins Smiley It is a good thing to have some form of regulations otherwise we have ICOs popping every hour. China being the first country to start working on this will be also the first country to launch regulated ICOs in the future. Hopefully other countries will follow once there is a working model that is successful.

You make some good points there veso86. I agree that good coins supporting realistic and genuine projects will be hit by the same downturn. Grabbing some of these at the moment would make a lot of sense.

I also think that you've been really insightful, seeing that China is just as likely to be first to bring in regulated ICOs. And my guess is that ICOs that pass China's new regulations will automatically gain more market confidence. It will be an interesting one to watch.

I'm not surprised that China was the first country to act in this market. For a large government managing a huge population, I'm impressed by how agile and current they remain. I also have confidence in them to bring out a model of regulations that has a positive influence on ICOs in the future. And now that China has moved, I wonder how long it will take for other countries to follow their lead?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Activity: 21

A vast expanse of deep red sea at https://coinmarketcap.com/ and elsewhere this morning  in response to the above news update!

A major correction in the market  from a SWOT perspective.

I do know that prices have often pulled back after a rally but am a little skeptical this round as China's investors seem to form  a significant portion of cryptocurrency players/holders and most new ICOs are based on ETH and may not hold as well as BTC.

The Chinese exchanges are selling the coins at super low prices; it's quite obvious it's a panic sell as apart from looking at  banning ICOs , the government will also be  investigating  the exchanges.

For long-term investors, better to just hold and ride out this storm.

Happy Labor Day to all of you in the US.

legendary
DNotes

Can anyone help me with this? I have a DNotes paper wallet and want to get it to DNotes Vault but don't know how. Any help is appreciated.

What happens to the time send smart contracts at DNotes Vault when the switch occurs to 2.0?

Great score on the world funding summit. Congrats DNotes team.

Hi aggie77,

There are a couple of different scenarios based on how you created your paper wallet. The most common paper type wallet should have a private or secret key listed which can be imported into the DNotes desktop wallet. The private key will be a long list of random looking characters. Once you download the wallet from DNotesCoin.com, follow the included instructions for creating the DNotes.conf, then open the wallet. Go to Help then Debug Window then Console and you can use the command importprivkey [YOURSECRETORPRIVATEKEY] YOURLABEL. That will import the private key into the wallet.

Ideally this process would be done from an offline computer, and you can encrypt your new wallet (settings then encrypt wallet) before bringing it online to update.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Happy labor day to all our US friends.

There are a lot of ripple effects through the industry at the moment while the ICO news changes trader activity. Though in the end many, or even most of the ICO projects that we see launched are in 'business' for all the wrong reasons -- because they can sense the ability to get easy and fast money with no work done up front, and no contractual obligations to do anything, so they can walk away scot free.

A massive issue in this industry has been the influx of these type of developers, who marketing firms now actively seek to run aggressive advertising campaigns on behalf of, in the hopes that they can drum up enough excitement to sell the agreed number of tokens they are paid at a significant profit. There are also many novice developers who see the easy money possible, and enter the space making grandiose promises that they are not even aware that they will not be able to fulfil. Due diligence in the VC community means that only the best projects are funded, but it is also very limiting in who can invest, and the reduced options may slow innovation to some degree. ICOs sometimes sacrifice the quality of projects in exchange for the choice of many more of them, and easier access for the everyday person to participate. I certainly hope some middle ground can be found.

In the meantime, it appears that generally non-ICO funded projects like DNotes have sustained their value much better than all the alternatives at the markets. This may be due to concerns that organizations that raised money from Chinese investors through an ICO may be expected to return the funds raised - which may well cripple the project.

This scenario was entirely predicted, and regularly included in the discourse of this forum. DNotes has avoided diving into undertaking an ICO like many have before governments worldwide have an opportunity to respond to them, and avoiding retrospective punishments as a result. With all the bad actors, and novice developers who are unable to deliver on their promises, a combination of government regulatory oversight with investors wisening up could see an end to the most innovative aspects that ICOs offered, and a return to begging much more diligent and exclusive Venture Capitalists for money.

Activity: 1

Can anyone help me with this? I have a DNotes paper wallet and want to get it to DNotes Vault but don't know how. Any help is appreciated.

What happens to the time send smart contracts at DNotes Vault when the switch occurs to 2.0?

Great score on the world funding summit. Congrats DNotes team.
Merit: 102
Stargroup ATMs to Receive Bitcoin Trading Capability

https://dcebrief.com/stargroup-atms-adding-new-bitcoin-trading-features/
legendary
Happy Labor Day All

"Labor Day in the United States is a public holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It honors the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, laws and well-being of the country. It is the Monday of the long weekend known as Labor Day Weekend and it is considered the unofficial end of summer in the United States. The holiday is also a federal holiday."

HAPPY LABOR DAY to all our friends and supporters in the USA!
legendary
DNotes

If you have an account at Cryptopia, you may want to check it. My password didn't work, but I can't say for sure that it's related to this...

Cryptopia Exchange May Have Been Compromised by Unknown Hackers  -  https://themerkle.com/cryptopia-exchange-may-have-been-compromised-by-unknown-hackers/

Thanks Chase! Hope they are doing ok. Good advice in the beginning of that article, for this very reason:

"One of the more common security practices recommended when signing up for a cryptocurrency exchange is to not use the same email and password combination across multiple platforms. "
legendary
DNotes
Happy Labor Day All

"Labor Day in the United States is a public holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It honors the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, laws and well-being of the country. It is the Monday of the long weekend known as Labor Day Weekend and it is considered the unofficial end of summer in the United States. The holiday is also a federal holiday."
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

If you have an account at Cryptopia, you may want to check it. My password didn't work, but I can't say for sure that it's related to this...

Cryptopia Exchange May Have Been Compromised by Unknown Hackers  -  https://themerkle.com/cryptopia-exchange-may-have-been-compromised-by-unknown-hackers/
legendary
Great work Brandon. The conference is an excellent opportunity for DNotes to gain exposure among the serious investor class. I am hoping they will record video of each of the speakers so we can watch on YouTube.

Hi TeeGee. Hope you are doing well. Thanks to Brandon, that was a good article. World Funding Summit is a worthy cause. I am getting to know them quite well and will do our best to support them. 

The world of funding for start-up entrepreneurs and business owners has been changing rapidly. It is a great opportunity for DNotes and myself, personally, to start building a working relationship with some of the power players. I am looking forward to it and certainly like to have some of the activities in recorded videos.
legendary

Two interesting bits of news turned up on this thread, and they illustrate the incredible scope of cryptocurrency.

And

The first thing that most people think about when hearing about a new cryptocurrency seems to be: "What's its potential value?" The 6BankCoin may be pegged to a currency, but my guess is that it is not because of the complications it would raise. It is intended that this coin will be able to be exchanged for a range of fiat currencies.

Whereas the WhopperCoin seems to be pegged to the value of a Whopper. I was rather disappointed that it was not a 1 for 1 swap because that would have made the value appear very stable. Unfortunately Burger King has set a 1,700 WhopperCoin price on the hamburger. Even so, being able to exchange coins for something of real world value should add stability. I use the term value very loosely here.

The next thing that I wondered is if these coins were tradeable. Apparently the WhopperCoin will be. This is a very interesting spin on the reward system. I generally don't pay much attention to rewards, because I'm not a big enough consumer to accumulate enough to cash in. But if I can transfer my rewards to a friend, I'm going to see much more value in the system.

If 6BankCoin is tradeable that will make things very interesting indeed. Combining this with the fact that they want to exchange it for multiple fiat currencies makes it seem rather likely that the banks will also be considering operating an exchange. And as much as banks are despised and mistrusted, they are likely to increase consumer confidence in their exchange.

I also think that WhopperCoin could also have a strong social impact. By handing out a cryptocurrency to customers, Burger King provides a gateway for the general public to take an interest in, and start using a cryptocurrency. From there, it is much easier to add a few more to your portfolio.

So just two coins discussed here have the ability to increase the use and prevalence of cryptocurrencies. So as big as 2017 has been in cryptocurrency development, I'm sure it is just part of a much larger curve to come. As so well illustrated by the info-graphic that Chase posted for us.

Although we have all witnessed this unfold, it is pretty mind-blowing to see it in this infographic:
The Unparalleled Explosion in Cryptocurrencies  -  http://www.visualcapitalist.com/unparalleled-explosion-cryptocurrencies/

Thanks, Tim. That is a great way of looking at the WhooperCoin. Especially at this early stage, it is a great PR move, though I expect that many more will join in and have their own currency as a part of their loyalty program. The danger is that there will be a currency for everything - in the millions of coins. When things go too crazy - it doesn't end well. That is another reason for DNotes to go slow and build a solid trusted brand with great differentiation.
legendary
China bans companies from raising money through ICOs, asks local regulators to inspect 60 major platforms:

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/09/04/chinese-icos-china-bans-fundraising-through-initial-coin-offerings-report-says.html

Source :  CNBC news

This is going to impact the crypto-coin market over the next few days (in negative ways). Watch out!

Thanks, SCeeYong. I read that too. ICOs as they are currently structured are of serious concern to regulators. They are good for the insiders but extremely risky for the average investors, with no consumer protections. ICO is great as an alternative funding tool when done side by side with legitimate crowdfunding. However it is much more difficult and expensive. None the less, that is what I support and believe will lead to. Meanwhile, those who can or dare continue to exploit ICOs to rake in a boat-load of quick monies. I agree with you "Watch out!"
Jump to: