Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 294. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Russia Reportedly Making Plans to Subsidize Domestic Crypto Mining

https://dcebrief.com/russia-reportedly-making-plans-to-subsidize-domestic-crypto-mining/

God I wish I could trust Russia but, I can't. Any plans from Russia regarding crypto will benefit the government and not the people I'm afraid but, that could all backfire if the population moves quickly enough to adopt the technology.

I would be very interested in hearing peoples considered opinions on what is really going on there.

We've had reports in recent months suggesting that Putin associates have been ramping up their involvement in cryptocurrency. Given the country's systemic cronyism, I suspect that any embrace of digital currency is designed to enrich Vlad's friends.

At the same time, though, Putin does seem to have his country's best interests at heart. So, that probably factors into the equation too..

Interestingly, regardless of the intentions behind the subsidy, this may also work out in the global interests should different governments begin to compete to attract the wider cryptomarkets to their jurisdictions. It could also be tremendously good for the Russian people, who by comparison to US standards earn very little.

Agreed. The intentions matter less than the outcome in this instance. Even if we assume the worst motivations, the thing we need to be looking for is if/how these actions ultimately benefit the people. If it can provide new opportunities for the citizens of Russia, then it is probably a worthwhile endeavor - even if some of Vlad's friends end up enriching themselves at the same time.

Swiss Municipality to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments

https://dcebrief.com/swiss-municipality-to-accept-bitcoin-for-tax-payments/
Activity: 846
Merit: 535

https://dcebrief.com/russia-reportedly-making-plans-to-subsidize-domestic-crypto-mining/

God I wish I could trust Russia but, I can't. Any plans from Russia regarding crypto will benefit the government and not the people I'm afraid but, that could all backfire if the population moves quickly enough to adopt the technology.

I would be very interested in hearing peoples considered opinions on what is really going on there.

We've had reports in recent months suggesting that Putin associates have been ramping up their involvement in cryptocurrency. Given the country's systemic cronyism, I suspect that any embrace of digital currency is designed to enrich Vlad's friends.

At the same time, though, Putin does seem to have his country's best interests at heart. So, that probably factors into the equation too..

Interestingly, regardless of the intentions behind the subsidy, this may also work out in the global interests should different governments begin to compete to attract the wider cryptomarkets to their jurisdictions. It could also be tremendously good for the Russian people, who by comparison to US standards earn very little.

Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Unable to contact dnotespool, get an Apache server message:

"Forbidden You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at dnotespool.com Port 443"

when trying to use the mail function. Trying to get some tech support, I have a ton of unconfirmed transactions from a while ago showing in my account.

THX

Just tested the contact form, seemed to have worked. Might have been a temporary issue, or even it didn't properly escape certain characters. You can email him directly at [email protected]. Let us know if you have any problems.

Yea, could have been a transient error, thank for checking!

It's been a roller coaster for cryptocurrency there, hard to tell exactly what the plans they have in mind. Off the cuff... If they have an excess of electricity, mining is an opportunity to create wealth that originates in their country. At that level, doesn't seem like a bad idea. Generates new taxable revenue, makes use of apparent under utilized electricity even at a subsidized rate, creates jobs and grows the economy. I'm not seeing the downside, even though it may be hard to believe.

I can see that happening although, I just don't trust Putin. However, he seems to have his people's best interest in mind, as much as any Russian leader can so, yes, it could well be a good thing for everyone. Only time will tell I suppose. I hope they spread the wealth to those who have none.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

when trying to use the mail function. Trying to get some tech support, I have a ton of unconfirmed transactions from a while ago showing in my account.

THX

Just tested the contact form, seemed to have worked. Might have been a temporary issue, or even it didn't properly escape certain characters. You can email him directly at [email protected]. Let us know if you have any problems.
legendary
DNotes

It's been a roller coaster for cryptocurrency there, hard to tell exactly what the plans they have in mind. Off the cuff... If they have an excess of electricity, mining is an opportunity to create wealth that originates in their country. At that level, doesn't seem like a bad idea. Generates new taxable revenue, makes use of apparent under utilized electricity even at a subsidized rate, creates jobs and grows the economy. I'm not seeing the downside, even though it may be hard to believe.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Very often, subsidies are given to benefit friends and families with political connections at prominent levels. It may not benefit the government at all. The Russians are already among the most active sponsors of ICOs, exploiting every opportunity they can.

THX

legendary
DNotes
Thank you, RJF and HORT for keeping us in check. Sometime, even with the best of intentions, we all are at risk of over-sight in choosing more appropriate words to convey the same message. DCEBrief is an import part of DNotes’ brand. It pays to be mindful of that to maintain the best balance of reporting news that matter in an unbiased way and attention-grabbing headlines.

Yes, thank you RJF and HORT! DCEBrief is for you guys, the DNotes stakeholders. The success of DCEBrief ultimately will lend to the success of DNotes Global and DNotes. Improving DCEBrief as a media reporting outlet, a partnership and outreach platform, and as a potential source of income will only help us all in the long run.
legendary
Our industry is over-heating. Greed and fear has led to frantic behavior most conveniently labeled as “crazy” by normal standard. But our industry is not a “normal” phenomenon. It is a paradigm shift with world changing implications we have never seen before. It pays to stay objectively informed, and cautiously invested in some ways.  

I have mentioned various times, since my very early involvement, that we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution since the Internet and that it is going to be massively disruptive. This has been shaping up to be the case; perhaps even much more so in scope and scale.

When it was less clear, at the beginning, those industries including banking and financial services, that would be disrupted most were among the most dismissive. So were some government leaders and many in the venture capital space. We are now seeing a sea change of opinion. Both banks and government want to create their own virtual currencies. Some VCs are actively exploiting situations when they can yield quick big returns.

When things get this fast and furious, there will likely be a lot of over-reaction and bad judgement. Be cautious.  Invest wisely with solid research. Avoid the “me-too”. There are too many with a lot more on the way. It pays to focus on those with strong fundamentals committed to a clear long-term vision in line with the evolving technologies and change times.   Despite the ups and down with sensational headlines, this is a real and historic technology advancement. No individuals or nations can stop it; and no reasons to. It will evolve but it is real.
legendary
Thank you, RJF and HORT for keeping us in check. Sometime, even with the best of intentions, we all are at risk of over-sight in choosing more appropriate words to convey the same message. DCEBrief is an import part of DNotes’ brand. It pays to be mindful of that to maintain the best balance of reporting news that matter in an unbiased way and attention-grabbing headlines.
Activity: 508
Merit: 501
Yes, more appropriate. Thank you.
legendary
DNotes
You guys know I'm 110% behind you right? But, this headline in DCEBrief is irresponsible:

"China to Shut Down Crypto Exchanges"

There is no evidence this is true. Chinese exchanges have received no orders or other indications. Even if it happens, as of posting the article, there is no official order at this time. This kind of headline can effect the markets as seen today when the rumor got out. Reuters and Investing are also posting it so you are not alone. Even though all of you later said is was not confirmed in the actual article, and, it may well happen later, at THIS time it's still sensational journalism.

If this has been confirmed since I posted this, please disregard, amazing work!  Grin Grin

I agree, there is no proof behind this. I recommend removing this from DCEBrief. This is fake news. Thank you.

Understand where you are coming from. The title needed a tweak, and although it is unconfirmed, still an important piece reported by many media outlets and may have played a major role in the recent Bitcoin price. Written as an unbiased report of our best interpretation of the facts.

The title was
"Caixin: China to Shut Down Crypto Exchanges"
 merely shorthand for Caixin reported China to Shut Down Crypto Exchanges, not meant to be a sensationalized headline. Now changed to:
"Caixin - Chinese Media Outlet - Reported China to Shut Down Crypto Exchanges Via Unnamed Sources"

Attached is the full story.

We are committed to report the information that everyone needs to know as a cryptocurrency investor and enthusiast. If you feel, with this change included, it is still not inline with what DCEBrief should be reporting, please post your comments so we can continue to refine DCEBrief and it's content.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Wow quite the day in Bitcoin. All the murmurings and speculative gossip about China banning Bitcoin yet again drove a sharp decline in price. Does this correction show us that a large portion of Bitcoins value is still derived from speculative investment, as opposed to provision of fundamental services and reputability of the providers? JP Morgan for example has a market cap of over 300 billion at this time. Could Bitcoin, with roughly 1/4 of the market cap of JP Morgan, provide jobs for around a quarter million employees like JP Morgan does? There is no doubt in my mind that until a currency with a sound business model enters the market in a big way, cryptocurrency will not sit at the big boys table.
Activity: 508
Merit: 501
You guys know I'm 110% behind you right? But, this headline in DCEBrief is irresponsible:

There is no evidence this is true. Chinese exchanges have received no orders or other indications. Even if it happens, as of posting the article, there is no official order at this time. This kind of headline can effect the markets as seen today when the rumor got out. Reuters and Investing are also posting it so you are not alone. Even though all of you later said is was not confirmed in the actual article, and, it may well happen later, at THIS time it's still sensational journalism.

If this has been confirmed since I posted this, please disregard, amazing work!  Grin Grin

I agree, there is no proof behind this. I recommend removing this from DCEBrief. This is fake news. Thank you.

Jump to: