Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 316. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 478
Merit: 250
By doing the right thing at the right time, DNotes will be the trusted digital currency in global commerce.
 DNotes is uniquely .Now,all the adltcoin drop a lot.I believe that the DNotes will goning back!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Wow, thanks so much for the thorough responses! I have to say this could very well be the most professionally managed thread in all of Bitcointalk  Smiley

How about speed/scalability? I assume one of the advantages of Stratis is that it doesn't suffer from the same TPS and block size bottlenecks that Bitcoin faces? I have to admit I don't know anything about Stratis.

Appreciate it percocet! We do not intend to specifically implement a scaling solution in the initial release of DNotes 2.0, though it will be capable of handling a higher TPS. The scaling issue is largely unsettled, and there are a multitude of options that require in-depth research and analysis. The most viable scale-ability solution has not been selected as of yet.
I think the scaling problem will be with cryptocurrency for a while yet. If everyone in the world, all 7.5 billion of us, made a transaction with DNotes five times a day, that would be 37.5 billion daily transactions added to the blockchain.

Assuming that we won't wait more than a minute per block, that is still 26 million transactions per block forged each minute. And if each transaction uses as much memory as it does in bitcoin, the blockchain will grow by 11GB per minute.

The way blockchains are currently structured, you need access to the last time an address was used before you can confirm that address owns the value being transacted. If you wanted to spend value from an address that was ten years old, not even what many would consider long term savings, it would have to go back through 60,359 terabytes of data.

So even if the scaling issue was resolved to enable an 11GB block to be forged every minute, the nodes would have a very hard time keeping up with the data transfer rate. And the total size of the blockchain would become unworkable very quickly. I don't think even Moore's law will get us out of this one.

I believe the final solution will borrow heavily from video compression. Currently each wallet value is being stored as a transaction somewhere way back in the blockchain, in a series of transactions. Instead, the optimum blockchain will hold all wallets in parallel. At the start of each day, a new 'keyframe' of wallets will be generated from the previous 24 hours of transactions. Then through the day, each transaction will layer on top of that wallet's keyframe location. And each block will be partitioned based on localised transaction groups, and nodes will calculate partitions in parallel.

This will mean that only the previous hash, the last keyframe, and subsequent transactions will need to be stored by a node. And local transactions can be processed very quickly in a way that is necessary for face to face purchases. While distant transactions can take longer, which is already well tolerated.

While this might be a great final solution, people tend to solve the problem in front of them, not work backwards from the endgame. So I'm expecting to see the 'scaling problem' go through many iterations before we see general acceptance of a single cryptocurrency for daily trading. But if DNotes were to implement the endgame solution now, it would certainly give them a tremendous point of differentiation. I can just see it now, "DNotes, scales to ubiquitous world-wide daily transactions."
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Wow, thanks so much for the thorough responses! I have to say this could very well be the most professionally managed thread in all of Bitcointalk  Smiley

How about speed/scalability? I assume one of the advantages of Stratis is that it doesn't suffer from the same TPS and block size bottlenecks that Bitcoin faces? I have to admit I don't know anything about Stratis.

Appreciate it percocet! We do not intend to specifically implement a scaling solution in the initial release of DNotes 2.0, though it will be capable of handling a higher TPS. The scaling issue is largely unsettled, and there are a multitude of options that require in-depth research and analysis. The most viable scale-ability solution has not been selected as of yet.
Activity: 222
Wow, thanks so much for the thorough responses! I have to say this could very well be the most professionally managed thread in all of Bitcointalk  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
I've been looking into Dnotes and I really like what I see so far. I would like some more details about the tech behind it....

Dnotes' current version is a POS coin, I assume forked from a Litecoin derivative back in the day?
It is my understanding that Dnotes 2.0 is being totally rewritten in C#? Is this a completely new codebase? Will any of it be proprietary/patented?
What type of blockchain will DNotes2.0 use (e.g. POS, dPOS, DAG)?

Thanks!

Welcome percocet, we are currently Proof of Work, and yes initially forked from Litecoin.

The initial release of DNotes 2.0 will not be entirely written in C#, that will take some time and will need to be completely rewritten and it will eventually be open source. It will be entirely Proof of Stake building on and contributing to much of the existing open source including Stratis and many other sources.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask, it helps us to clarify for everyone reading along.

Welcome to DNotes, Percocet. We are delighted to learn that you like what you have seen so far. Thanks for your questions.

You are correct that the current DNotes is a forked version of Litecoin. It is still a mineable Proof of Work (POW) until DNotes 2.0 is launched in September this year.

DNotes 2.0 is a forked version of Startis. We selected them as our base-line because of the work they started - coding in C#. They have made significant contributions in C# platform though a great deal more needs to be done. We are very appreciative of everyone’s contribution to further advance the technology in our collaborative open-source environment. DNotes is committed to do our part in support of open-source by making our source codes available at the appropriate time. I will not go so far to say that it is a completely new code base. Full credit must be given to the original bitcoin codebase of which we are a derivative of.

DNotes is committed to 100% C# conversion. Some innovative technologies will be incorporated. We do not to intent to apply for any patent at this time.

DNotes 2.0 is a migration from POW to POS. DNotes’ stakeholders will gain a unique advantage because of our ecosystem; in this case DNotesVault. Around 2% annual rate is paid to all account holders with DNotes on deposit of 30 days or more. Additionally, they will be rewarded for staking to support our network. We are making the staking process almost effortless. DNotesVault is designed for security, ease of use, and full participation of all our stakeholders with or without technical skills. This is the result of our relentless commitment to mass acceptance of DNotes. We have maintained a low profile while investing heavily in our ecosystems for the last 3 ½ years.

Additionally, I believe that one day, those same DNotes, while earning interest and staking reward, can also be used as collateral equity to secure a line of credit using DNotes smart contract and our new blockchain. It is part of our road-map to have our own exchange, bank, partner bank, and a multi-currency card with convenient credit-line facilities and other financial services.

Hope that I have answered your questions sufficiently.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
I've been looking into Dnotes and I really like what I see so far. I would like some more details about the tech behind it....

Dnotes' current version is a POS coin, I assume forked from a Litecoin derivative back in the day?
It is my understanding that Dnotes 2.0 is being totally rewritten in C#? Is this a completely new codebase? Will any of it be proprietary/patented?

Thanks!

Welcome percocet, we are currently Proof of Work, and yes initially forked from Litecoin.

The initial release of DNotes 2.0 will not be entirely written in C#, that will take some time and will need to be completely rewritten and it will eventually be open source. It will be entirely Proof of Stake building on and contributing to much of the existing open source including Stratis and many other sources.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask, it helps us to clarify for everyone reading along.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Hello DNotes team and supporters.  I'm new to the forum, but been following a while.  I would like to thank Tim for reaching out to me through facebook yesterday and today.  (I was razzing Peter Schiff on his endless tulip mania/bubble posts)  Tim spent more time commenting and answering questions I had, than I could of asked for.  A class act.  This whole team, and their approach to this developing market, is business minded and patient.  Exactly what this market needs for a legitimate, long lasting, trustworthy currency.  While nothing is guaranteed, I feel quite comfortable investing some of my fiat with this group, and I am excited to see where this project grows to.  I'm not in this just for speculative profits, but want to see how the ecosystem ends up changing the rigged financial system we are stuck with today.  Cheers, and average in while everything is on sale.

Hey DenverDan, great to see you here on the forum! It was indeed a welcome surprise to be browsing the comments on a well-known figurehead like Peter's Facebook page, to then see a video I had made. It is always great speaking to undiscovered supporters. As always, there are some things less clear surrounding our strategies, on account of being very different in approach to nearly every other coin. If anybody has questions, please ask them here in the forum, because it is highly likely there are other people who would want those questions answered!
Activity: 222

Thanks!
DNotes Dollars and Bitcoin

Showing the relationship between DNotes and Bitcoin in US$ using a dual y axis to align them

I've been trying to understand the relationship between DNotes, the US dollar, and Bitcoin. As Alan has pointed out, there is a big difference between price and value. And for me, I've never seen clearer examples than in crytocurrency. It is hard to understand how a fluctuation in the value of Bitcoin has a parallel relationship with DNotes. It would seem more credible to me if there were an inverted relationship. This is because if you're selling Bitcoin, then you're either buying some other fiat currency or cryptocurrency. So if Bitcoin value goes down, I'd expect to see a proportional rise in the purchased currency, based on the purchase's percentage of the total available currency. Or more accurately, the total amount of the target currency willing to be sold.

But that is not what I'm seeing with DNotes. This might be because people have setup sales to go through, not at a set dollar value, but a set exchange value with Bitcoin. So regardless of how the pair perform against a fiat currency, the sale price is based purely on the BTC exchange rate. This makes so little financial sense that it is hard to fathom. But I feel like this 'cleaning' or 'blood bath' as I've heard it called, is rather arbitrary and unrelated to the value of DNotes. So while it might be having a temporary effect on the current price, the fact that it does not touch the value makes me feel like there is money in the sidelines just waiting to be pumped into DNotes just before it heads back towards its true value.
Activity: 1078
legendary
Hello DNotes team and supporters.  I'm new to the forum, but been following a while.  I would like to thank Tim for reaching out to me through facebook yesterday and today.  (I was razzing Peter Schiff on his endless tulip mania/bubble posts)  Tim spent more time commenting and answering questions I had, than I could of asked for.  A class act.  This whole team, and their approach to this developing market, is business minded and patient.  Exactly what this market needs for a legitimate, long lasting, trustworthy currency.  While nothing is guaranteed, I feel quite comfortable investing some of my fiat with this group, and I am excited to see where this project grows to.  I'm not in this just for speculative profits, but want to see how the ecosystem ends up changing the rigged financial system we are stuck with today.  Cheers, and average in while everything is on sale.

Hello Denver Dan,

Welcome to DNotes and thanks for your kind words. Tim is indeed a class act and a fine gentleman. We are very fortunate to have Tim and others firmly committed to DNotes’ vision of building a trust-worthy digital currency accessible for everyone worldwide to participate. It is our core belief that by helping others to benefit from this generational opportunity DNotes will become very successful.

Our ecosystem system will continue to expand at the right time. From our prospective they are all strategically linked and invaluable to our long-term success. With the launch of DNotes 2.0  in September the immense value of what we have created will be quite obvious. 
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Hi Denver Dan, and welcome to the DNotes forum. I know Tim is taking care of your questions, but if there is anything else you need help with, let us know.  Smiley
Activity: 39
Merit: 28
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Brandon just posted an excellent article on DNotesEdu. Highly recommended read. Enjoy.

Cryptocurrency and Market Timing Irrationality
by DNotesEDU | Jul 17, 2017

Alternate quote from article inserted:

The majority of the participants in this youth-dominated cryptocurrency industry have little or no previous investment or business experience, and those more experienced investors that are just just discovering cryptocurrency, may not understand what the technology can and can not deliver.

Read more:   http://dnotesedu.com/2017/07/cryptocurrency-market-timing-irrationality/

You raise a really interesting point here Brandon and I'm wondering if it goes part-way to explaining an odd thing I've been watching on the Bitcoin charts. Could it be that this ignorance due to youth or unfamiliar technology is behind what I call the "Bitcoin ball bouncing down the steps"?

If you look at market charts for any business or commodity, the value line goes up and down as if it were drawn on a blank piece of paper. But the chart for Bitcoin looks as if it is actually responding to, or affected by the value lines on the chart. These horizontal lines have nothing to do with the value of Bitcoin, and are just visual indicators of rounded numbers, 2,100 -- 2,200 -- 2,300-- etc. It has been beyond my reasoning why Bitcoin just got over 2,700 then fell so fast, only to almost bounce off the bottom limit of 2,000. Then again at fractionally under the 3,000 line it dropped to bounce off the 2,300 line, or a bit below. Yesterday it bounced twice off the US$2,000 line like it was concrete before finally smashing right through it.

It seems that speculators are betting more on the actions of other speculators more than any other market influence, like upcoming soft/hard forks and fundamental changes to the coins architecture. So rather than wait it out and see what comes of Segwit2 or whatever makes it through, they set a sell price based on proximity to a rounded number, guessing that others will have set their sell price even closer to it, and hence make a profit. Not even understanding the technology is enough to justify this sort of gambling, and I think you must be right in identifying the average age of cryptocurrency investors.

I'd love to see some data correlating the age of participants and the size of their holdings. Then a comparison to the more stable holdings in the share market like the blue chip companies.

I wish I could take credit for this excellent article, but it was actually Chase who submitted it.

So, thank you, Chase. An excellent article - very appropriately timed in view of the challenging investment sentiments we all are confronted with. This is the time to hunt and look for "rough diamonds" among a pile of tainted rocks and garbage. The whole notion of decentralized consensus system and the underpinning blockchain technology are just as amazing today as they were a month ago. The technology itself is perfect and faultless. I can't say the same for human greed, ego, selfishness, and other bad conducts. We are all paying for them indiscriminately.

Thank you!  Smiley

"It seems that speculators are betting more on the actions of other speculators more than any other market influence"

Alan may be right as well on the bot influence. If the technical analysis followed by 99% of the traders has determined the floor to be $2000, the bots may be programmed with that in mind, and a flurry of buy orders are triggered at that price. If every trader uses technical analysis, and trading (including bots) makes up almost all of the volume, that analysis is more likely to be manipulating the market, not predicting it.
legendary
Brandon just posted an excellent article on DNotesEdu. Highly recommended read. Enjoy.

The majority of the participants in this youth-dominated cryptocurrency industry have little or no previous investment or business experience, and those more experienced investors that are just just discovering cryptocurrency, may not understand what the technology can and can not deliver.

Read more:   http://dnotesedu.com/2017/07/cryptocurrency-market-timing-irrationality/

You raise a really interesting point here Brandon and I'm wondering if it goes part-way to explaining an odd thing I've been watching on the Bitcoin charts. Could it be that this ignorance due to youth or unfamiliar technology is behind what I call the "Bitcoin ball bouncing down the steps"?

If you look at market charts for any business or commodity, the value line goes up and down as if it were drawn on a blank piece of paper. But the chart for Bitcoin looks as if it is actually responding to, or affected by the value lines on the chart. These horizontal lines have nothing to do with the value of Bitcoin, and are just visual indicators of rounded numbers, 2,100 -- 2,200 -- 2,300-- etc. It has been beyond my reasoning why Bitcoin just got over 2,700 then fell so fast, only to almost bounce off the bottom limit of 2,000. Then again at fractionally under the 3,000 line it dropped to bounce off the 2,300 line, or a bit below. Yesterday it bounced twice off the US$2,000 line like it was concrete before finally smashing right through it.

It seems that speculators are betting more on the actions of other speculators more than any other market influence, like upcoming soft/hard forks and fundamental changes to the coins architecture. So rather than wait it out and see what comes of Segwit2 or whatever makes it through, they set a sell price based on proximity to a rounded number, guessing that others will have set their sell price even closer to it, and hence make a profit. Not even understanding the technology is enough to justify this sort of gambling, and I think you must be right in identifying the average age of cryptocurrency investors.

I'd love to see some data correlating the age of participants and the size of their holdings. Then a comparison to the more stable holdings in the share market like the blue chip companies.

I wish I could take credit for this excellent article, but it was actually Chase who submitted it.

So, thank you, Chase. An excellent article - very appropriately timed in view of the challenging investment sentiments we all are confronted with. This is the time to hunt and look for "rough diamonds" among a pile of tainted rocks and garbage. The whole notion of decentralized consensus system and the underpinning blockchain technology are just as amazing today as they were a month ago. The technology itself is perfect and faultless. I can't say the same for human greed, ego, selfishness, and other bad conducts. We are all paying for them indiscriminately.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10

legendary

Interesting observations, Tim. Bot trading may also has something to do with it.

legendary

It is pretty safe to say that the majority of new investors in cryptocurrency are there because they have heard of the amazing profits earned by other investors. Even though they may be warned of the potential risks and wild volatility, many come to expect nothing but gains, and are not prepared psychologically for any downturns or losses. In our world of instant gratification, they want the gains to happen now, and pay little heed to what it actually takes to build something of value. Everything is fine as long as the market is rising, but panic sets in every time the price falls. It happens over and over…

Herd Mentality

It starts with herd mentality – following the latest ICO, or a flashy new blockchain project looking for a problem to solve, or any other venture with a lot of hype surrounding it. And, typical of a herd, the sheep will eventually follow each other off of a cliff. They may even feel they have done their research and really believe in this project, but their research may be nothing more than reading up on the developer’s big plans via a whitepaper that is at best, a weak promise. By following the herd, whether it is by listening to an uninformed writer who recently discovered bitcoin (and thinks they’re an expert), believing the unsubstantiated hype of those promoting their self-interests, or crowd-following in order to belong to the “in” community, a follower will inevitably hang onto the cryptocurrencies they should get rid of, and get rid of the ones they should keep.

Jump to: