Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 312. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
interesting video I found today having to do with the way our tech companies are coming together and utilizing the blockchain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5laRZfn8AI

Thanks mrbum805, that's a great video. I'd been aware of the ID2020 project since helping out on a related article. But the collaboration that is supporting the indentity.foundation project is incredible. I am sure this really is a game changer for how people interact on the internet.

I really like how they are building in a really broad foundation that intends to accommodate all possible use cases. This includes giving both businesses and objects the ability to maintain identities as well. My mind is buzzing with potential ways to apply it. Then on top of this, they are also providing an attestation layer. This enables people with no recognised identity to build one from grass roots web of trust actions.

Attestation will also enable universities to attach qualifications to your identity, businesses to attest that you worked there in the capacity you say you did, and friends to attest that you really did catch a fish that big.

And apart from everything else, I think this is a troll killer. I will set up my Twitter account to block anyone without an identity that has been verified by what ever level I choose. If I want, I could scan through comments on Youtube, but only see the ones by people who have been recommended by a trusted web. I believe there is a place for anonymity, and some situations demand it for a healthy society. But I also would like to see peoples' online reputations count for something regardless of which website they are on at the time.

The hardest part about looking into the substance and value behind an ICO is digging deeper than the founder's LinkedIn profile full of circular references. If instead we could lookup the supplied identity of those behind the project, we'd soon sort the fakes from the real ones. And people like Alan Yong, who've spent a lifetime many decades, proving their capabilities, won't get buried under a pile of ICO founder's fake histories.  
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Good morning Dev team...just FYI

NOTE is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the NOTE team. Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling.

-Poloniex

Thanks Denver Dan, beat me to it, hah! I have been waiting for this to happen as I noticed coins have been going down a couple at a time over the past few weeks.

It's because I went there today to buy some NOTEs, just my luck, happens everywhere!  Grin

DNotes re-activated on PoloniEx now.
Activity: 92
Merit: 12
interesting video I found today having to do with the way our tech companies are coming together and utilizing the blockchain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5laRZfn8AI
Activity: 39
Merit: 28
BTC deposits back online at Poloniex  Grin
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

NOTE is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the NOTE team. Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling.

-Poloniex

Thanks Denver Dan, beat me to it, hah! I have been waiting for this to happen as I noticed coins have been going down a couple at a time over the past few weeks.

It's because I went there today to buy some NOTEs, just my luck, happens everywhere!  Grin
legendary
DNotes

-Poloniex

legendary
DNotes

There is no apparent problem with the network and they have not contacted us for any issues. This is a general message PoloniEx uses for when the wallet is down or taken down for maintenance.
Activity: 39
Merit: 28

-Poloniex
legendary
DNotes
Study Suggests 57% of Large Corporations Considering Blockchain

https://dcebrief.com/study-suggests-57-of-large-corporations-considering-blockchain/

This is a really surprising statistic. I've worked as a consultant to a few large corporations, and I don't see them as the early adopters. In my experience, the larger the organisation, the slower it is to adopt new technology. Even their operating systems are typically 5–10 years behind the current version.

If the article had said that 57% of large corporations are considering migrating their shabbily aggregated Excel sheets into a coordinated online database, I'd have still been surprised. But the idea of them seriously considering implementing blockchain technology is just too much for me to swallow.

And then there's the cost benefit to consider. Blockchain is fantastic at providing an immutable ledger of records when sufficient independent peers exist. But it is not a good solution for high traffic, fast response relational databases. In fact, the requirement for a number of blocks to be calculated before a database record can be considered 'written' makes it practically useless as a replacement for existing multi-user database services.

I had a look at their website:
https://www.juniperresearch.com/researchstore/commerce-fintech/blockchain-enterprise-survey/deployments-benefit-attitudes
 to see what methodology they used to get a random selection of respondents. But it doesn't mention it, and I'd have to buy the report to find out if it was worth buying.

And I am forced to assume that the vast majority of them are considering private block chains, because the public are really unlikely to want to commit the data and cpu load required to support an independent node without enough reward to make it worthwhile. I'm not sure about private blockchains, but it seems to me that 20,000 nodes, all running off the same packaged software, distributed via a company wide intranet, would be one of the easier things to hack, and certainly wouldn't provide the level of customer confidence that a company might be aiming for. And they still have to pay for the power to run all those nodes and replace burnt out computers.

My gut feeling says that if there's any truth in this at all, it's that CEOs want to know they're using the latest technology, so their IT managers throw the latest fad word 'blockchain' around to look current. And I'm an optimist.

I'm not particularly surprised, when considering the possibilities of legitimate use cases and creative ways to utilize the blockchain. I would agree private blockchains and running their own network doesn't offer a lot of benefits and doesn't take full advantage of the blockchains full potential. There are a variety of advantages to using blockchain that don't require completely private blockchains run as separate and private chains. Side chains as well as creative use of minimal chain data to secure larger chunks of data could be very attractive in not only securing data but also reducing labor costs on certain tasks and legal fees.

Some examples could be - irrefutable time stamping, immutable document verification, streamlined and transparent supply chain, transfer and tracking of assets, among others.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Then just to see what that potential might look like, I took the current share market, and moved 5% of it's capitol into purchasing every bitcoin that exists. I divided US$3,250 billion into the 16,479,700 bitcoin now in circulation and found that the price of a single bitcoin would be $197,212 Now I don't know exactly how much of the world stock market is likely to invest in something that is growing from $2,500 towards $200,000 but I don't think 5% is too much of a stretch.

That's interesting to think of how small crypto is even compared to stocks, that while being much less volatile, have FAR lower potential rate of returns.

The appreciation in crypto could potentially be even greater if it took 5% of the stock market capitalisation. Because the faster the orders are placed, the faster the price will move (because sell orders would not come in fast enough to depress the rise). If that money was put into the market slowly, over say a few years, the price change my not be all that much. When the professional investors come along with the serious money, the markets will not have much choice but to move significantly as they race in to get a part of the first legitimate investments that maximise potential rate of return with minimal associated risk. A currency with intrinsic value will no doubt play a key role in facilitating this, of which we believe DNotes to be one of the only offerings to fit that criteria.

I also think that an influx of professional investors from the share market game will have a significant effect on who the top players are in cryptocurrency. These investors will come in with decades of experience in detecting baseless investments and stocks inflated by marketing hype. They are so much more wary of scams, and diligent at doing their research, than the current crowd that's so willing to throw money into an ICO based on a vague whitepaper alone.

When these investors look for something with a solid background, a history of successfully executing their roadmap on time, and a plan that adds real value to the currency, I think DNotes will stand out.

I am in absolute agreement, and at that point the current players in the industry will be scratching their heads wondering how DNotes figured this out years ago!  Wink
Then just to see what that potential might look like, I took the current share market, and moved 5% of it's capitol into purchasing every bitcoin that exists. I divided US$3,250 billion into the 16,479,700 bitcoin now in circulation and found that the price of a single bitcoin would be $197,212 Now I don't know exactly how much of the world stock market is likely to invest in something that is growing from $2,500 towards $200,000 but I don't think 5% is too much of a stretch.

That's interesting to think of how small crypto is even compared to stocks, that while being much less volatile, have FAR lower potential rate of returns.

The appreciation in crypto could potentially be even greater if it took 5% of the stock market capitalisation. Because the faster the orders are placed, the faster the price will move (because sell orders would not come in fast enough to depress the rise). If that money was put into the market slowly, over say a few years, the price change my not be all that much. When the professional investors come along with the serious money, the markets will not have much choice but to move significantly as they race in to get a part of the first legitimate investments that maximise potential rate of return with minimal associated risk. A currency with intrinsic value will no doubt play a key role in facilitating this, of which we believe DNotes to be one of the only offerings to fit that criteria.

I also think that an influx of professional investors from the share market game will have a significant effect on who the top players are in cryptocurrency. These investors will come in with decades of experience in detecting baseless investments and stocks inflated by marketing hype. They are so much more wary of scams, and diligent at doing their research, than the current crowd that's so willing to throw money into an ICO based on a vague whitepaper alone.

When these investors look for something with a solid background, a history of successfully executing their roadmap on time, and a plan that adds real value to the currency, I think DNotes will stand out.

https://dcebrief.com/study-suggests-57-of-large-corporations-considering-blockchain/

This is a really surprising statistic. I've worked as a consultant to a few large corporations, and I don't see them as the early adopters. In my experience, the larger the organisation, the slower it is to adopt new technology. Even their operating systems are typically 5–10 years behind the current version.

If the article had said that 57% of large corporations are considering migrating their shabbily aggregated Excel sheets into a coordinated online database, I'd have still been surprised. But the idea of them seriously considering implementing blockchain technology is just too much for me to swallow.

And then there's the cost benefit to consider. Blockchain is fantastic at providing an immutable ledger of records when sufficient independent peers exist. But it is not a good solution for high traffic, fast response relational databases. In fact, the requirement for a number of blocks to be calculated before a database record can be considered 'written' makes it practically useless as a replacement for existing multi-user database services.

I had a look at their website:
https://www.juniperresearch.com/researchstore/commerce-fintech/blockchain-enterprise-survey/deployments-benefit-attitudes
 to see what methodology they used to get a random selection of respondents. But it doesn't mention it, and I'd have to buy the report to find out if it was worth buying.

And I am forced to assume that the vast majority of them are considering private block chains, because the public are really unlikely to want to commit the data and cpu load required to support an independent node without enough reward to make it worthwhile. I'm not sure about private blockchains, but it seems to me that 20,000 nodes, all running off the same packaged software, distributed via a company wide intranet, would be one of the easier things to hack, and certainly wouldn't provide the level of customer confidence that a company might be aiming for. And they still have to pay for the power to run all those nodes and replace burnt out computers.

My gut feeling says that if there's any truth in this at all, it's that CEOs want to know they're using the latest technology, so their IT managers throw the latest fad word 'blockchain' around to look current. And I'm an optimist.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Russia’s NSD Plans Creation of Platform for Cryptocurrency Assets

https://dcebrief.com/russias-nsd-plans-creation-of-platform-for-cryptocurrency-assets/
CFTC Approves LedgerX Bid to Offer Bitcoin Options

https://dcebrief.com/cftc-approves-ledgerx-bid-to-offer-bitcoin-options/
With the Moscow Stock Exchange tooling up to service digital currency assets, and Ledger X gaining approval to trade options on cryptocurrency, we're seeing major signs of mainstream financial acceptance. And as these early industries gain market advantage and start to turn a profit, I don't think it will take long for other stock exchanges to want a piece of that pie.

So of course I started thinking about pie. How big is it? How much of a share in it do we have already? I looked at a few studies and found that 35% of Australians, and closer to 50% of people in UK and US own shares. In 2009, the first major study of its kind found that there were over 500 million shareholders in the world. This was only 7.3% of the world population, showing a big difference between investing patterns in the developed western world and the world as a whole.

But investing in cryptocurrency does not have the same barriers, and introduces new ones, compared to investing in shares. A study this year by Dr Garrick Hileman & Michel Rauchs at the University of Cambridge estimated 3 million separate users own bitcoin or ethereum. That's less than 1% of the number of people who hold shares. This is despite the fact that it has been a very profitable market.

From another perspective, the total capitalisation of the share market is around US$65,000 billion compared to cryptocurrency capitalisation standing at US$88 billion. That's a lot less than 1%. So just by looking at the market potential, there's a lot of room for growth as traditional services open doors to speculating in cryptocurrency. The obvious effect will be an increase in demand and price.

legendary
DNotes
Is the swap scheduled for September?  Really disappointing to hold these coins long-term, and miss a swap because you can't read every thread all the time...

Hi Steve321,

It is scheduled for September. Not to worry. We will make every effort to ensure everyone gets to swap their coins, and provide plenty of time. If you have your coins on the DNotesVault they will automatically be swapped for you with no action being required on the user end.

Activity: 627
Merit: 500
Is the swap scheduled for September?  Really disappointing to hold these coins long-term, and miss a swap because you can't read every thread all the time...
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
When's the new wallet going to be?
This is now four years.

Hi Badamba, we are shooting for September 2017 for the release of DNotes 2.0. Below is a quote from Alan to help shed some light on our position.

Welcome to DNotes, Zecon. You are correct, there has not been any technology upgrades of significance since DNotes was launched on February 18, 2014. If we can claim any credit, it is that DNotes has practically no technical support issues in our history. A few very minor issues were immediately attended to and resolved. Yes, by choice we have been focusing our resources in building an ecosystem that we believe is imperative in gaining mass acceptance of DNotes in global commerce one day.

We strongly believe that right timing is one of the major contributors to business success:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWMpoqq68c&feature=youtu.be
Having waited for the right time allowed us to identify critical problems and the opportunity to think through the most effective solutions as the technology evolves. DNotes 2.0 will signal that DNotes is a thought leader firmly committed to be a technology leader in our industry.

I hope that answers your question, Badamba. Always feel free to let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Great business strategies and executions are like that of snipers' mindsets. They involve great patience, precise targeting, and perfect timing. Snipers are tough to find and hard to beat. It's a different breed. DNotes is uniquely different and quite frankly, - a rare breed. It is, however, more suitable for patience long-term investors.

Russia’s NSD Plans Creation of Platform for Cryptocurrency Assets

https://dcebrief.com/russias-nsd-plans-creation-of-platform-for-cryptocurrency-assets/
CFTC Approves LedgerX Bid to Offer Bitcoin Options

https://dcebrief.com/cftc-approves-ledgerx-bid-to-offer-bitcoin-options/
With the Moscow Stock Exchange tooling up to service digital currency assets, and Ledger X gaining approval to trade options on cryptocurrency, we're seeing major signs of mainstream financial acceptance. And as these early industries gain market advantage and start to turn a profit, I don't think it will take long for other stock exchanges to want a piece of that pie.

So of course I started thinking about pie. How big is it? How much of a share in it do we have already? I looked at a few studies and found that 35% of Australians, and closer to 50% of people in UK and US own shares. In 2009, the first major study of its kind found that there were over 500 million shareholders in the world. This was only 7.3% of the world population, showing a big difference between investing patterns in the developed western world and the world as a whole.

But investing in cryptocurrency does not have the same barriers, and introduces new ones, compared to investing in shares. A study this year by Dr Garrick Hileman & Michel Rauchs at the University of Cambridge estimated 3 million separate users own bitcoin or ethereum. That's less than 1% of the number of people who hold shares. This is despite the fact that it has been a very profitable market.

From another perspective, the total capitalisation of the share market is around US$65,000 billion compared to cryptocurrency capitalisation standing at US$88 billion. That's a lot less than 1%. So just by looking at the market potential, there's a lot of room for growth as traditional services open doors to speculating in cryptocurrency. The obvious effect will be an increase in demand and price.

legendary
DNotes
This is now four years.

Hi Badamba, we are shooting for September 2017 for the release of DNotes 2.0. Below is a quote from Alan to help shed some light on our position.

Welcome to DNotes, Zecon. You are correct, there has not been any technology upgrades of significance since DNotes was launched on February 18, 2014. If we can claim any credit, it is that DNotes has practically no technical support issues in our history. A few very minor issues were immediately attended to and resolved. Yes, by choice we have been focusing our resources in building an ecosystem that we believe is imperative in gaining mass acceptance of DNotes in global commerce one day.

We strongly believe that right timing is one of the major contributors to business success:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWMpoqq68c&feature=youtu.be
Having waited for the right time allowed us to identify critical problems and the opportunity to think through the most effective solutions as the technology evolves. DNotes 2.0 will signal that DNotes is a thought leader firmly committed to be a technology leader in our industry.

Activity: 216
This is now four years.
Jump to: