Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 320. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
IRS Lawyer: Agency Might Limit Demands for Coinbase User Info

https://dcebrief.com/irs-might-limit-demands-for-coinbase-user-info/
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Even now I have trouble sleeping. But that is only because of me. Now I know when I will make a big investment, I will have to wait and see how the market goes. I bought because I researched this coin and I find it a good one. They have a different approach and a good plan. I plan on holding and staking.... I watch the market 24/7 with little time to sleep. I hope on finding time to adjust things so that I can sleep and go outside more.

I should have waited until this post to throw out my Caceres advice above.

Watching markets 24/7...having trouble sleeping....this is no recipe for happy holding. Trust me, I live this reality myself with my own technology startup that I work for and have invested deeply into (far more than I can afford to lose). I spend 24/7 doing exactly what you mention, not sleeping, anxiously stressing, wondering about every market machination....I promise myself that I'll never be in this position again.

And crypto gives me a chance to prove that declaration. Hold. Hold some more. And then hold longer than that. I realize I, and no one else controls how I emotionally feel about those previous 10 words. I can hold and hold, and that understanding of the long term value here means that nobody can tell me how to feel about holding through short term market movements.

I deeply implore you, don't stay up thinking of the market. You might lose your whole investment. Don't kid yourself. If you study the great Bell Labs mathematician John Kelly and his "Kelly Criterion"...the risk of ruin in the crypto space is nontrivial. You can go bust, very easily. Because it's very very hard to make bets in a completely Kelly compatible way.

Literally the only way to combat this is to bet with money you can completely lose, and divorce yourself from market movements in the short term. Because it's almost impossible to make bets with 0 risk of ruin, which is what being Kelly compatible means.

I have not bet this way with my technology startup, and it eats me alive inside. I wont ever make this same emotional mistake again, and that has started with crypto investing.

Basically, I agree with you about only betting money you can't afford to loose but, on the other hand, if that were the only accepted formula, this industry and all that goes along with it, would not exist. Sometimes, we need to follow up on that "wild ass guess" or hunch that has been eating at us wither we can afford it or not. Many of histories greats could not afford to loose what they invested but, they ultimately prevailed. Each individual has to access their exposure and ability to absorb a lose before turning the cards over. Many have weighed loosing their money against loosing their mind. Sometimes, it's worth placing the bet just to keep your sanity, win or loose. Don't take this as advise by any means but, risk creates wealth not safe harbor.

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

Good luck at the Open House tomorrow!   Smiley Smiley

Thank you, Chase. We have been working hard in preparation for Smokeys Gardens’ open house. We are expecting a big turn-out. DNotes will have its own display tent and we are giving away DNotes to anyone who register with an email address. Thanks to DNotesVault – it is that simple. DNotesVault's capabilities continue to amaze.

I trust that one day soon investors will realize that DNotes is much more than just another digital currency. It comes with the backing of a for-profit company, a well written business book with a chapter about the DNotes’ Story, and a developed complex ecosystem. We are built to survive the anticipated test of time. I have been down that route before. At one time, there were thousands of “PC manufacturers” and hot dot com companies “claiming” to be doing great things. At DNotes, we are actually doing great things.

Exactly Alan.

We have the best plan for how to get there, and that route just happens to be quite different than the flagrant wastefulness of so many others in our industry. This phase of the industry is about riding through the ups and downs of uncontrollable external forces, and the impending changes to that status quo is a move into the ability to channel those forces to your advantage as development nears release. From that time, the game is all on, and the best time-tested winning business strategies will compete against the easily-replicated focus on technological innovation followed by nigh all overs. It won't be more than a couple years and others will be trying to write out story for us.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Thank you, Chase. We have been working hard in preparation for Smokeys Gardens’ open house. We are expecting a big turn-out. DNotes will have its own display tent and we are giving away DNotes to anyone who register with an email address. Thanks to DNotesVault – it is that simple. DNotesVault's capabilities continue to amaze.

I trust that one day soon investors will realize that DNotes is much more than just another digital currency. It comes with the backing of a for-profit company, a well written business book with a chapter about the DNotes’ Story, and a developed complex ecosystem. We are built to survive the anticipated test of time. I have been down that route before. At one time, there were thousands of “PC manufacturers” and hot dot com companies “claiming” to be doing great things. At DNotes, we are actually doing great things.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Appreciate it TimMarsh, I think one of the problems and Alan has mentioned it earlier... How do we quickly and clearly get our message across to a potential investor without taking up a lot of their time, this has always been the challenge. There are hundreds of cryptocurrencies out there to dig through and determine which ones are worth investing in, DNotes takes some time to research and truly understand the full scope of what we are trying to accomplish.

Maybe you can share with us your experience, what did it take to begin to understand the full scope of the DNotes project. How can we better clarify that message in such a way that will allow a reader or viewer to 'get it', and realize we are not a centralized currency, but a decentralized currency with the central entity that can only assist the decentralized currency.

Storytelling. We are so similar to many other species, like the Neanderthals. But they hunted alone. We learned gather ourselves through reason to figure out how to group hunt in such a way that we could funnel meat into a gorge and slaughter them all in one go and have meat for a year. We learned to trade with each other, based on trust. Our species grew dominant by the power of stories.

Maybe it's esoteric and not super tactical, but we are not rational beings. The ability to bind ourselves via stories, informed by reason but also intuition...that is what gets people into the fold.

TeeGee's videos are absurdly good as a starting point. But, tactically, they need to be in front of more eyeballs. It's not all that expensive to promote videos on YouTube, generating tens of thousands of views within a target audience. It's maybe even easier on Facebook.

Basically, to take it from the existential to the practical...I think sophisticated digital marketing nous has a part to play here.

TeeGee, I definitely agree with MiningHabit here. Story telling is an excellent way of communicating because it works so very well with how we think, remember, and associate information. At some level, even information that is not acquired in the form of a story demands we reform it into some story-like shape for us to remember it. So this is true of all communication.

But it is especially true of things that are not tangible. Dnotes are not tangible, and while their link to DNotes Global Inc is documented, that link is not tangible either. Stories have the ability to add meaning. So I can tell someone about the link, and how it establishes a floor price, and they will know it, but not really understand it. They might say, "I hear you, but I don't really know what that means."

But if I were to create a character named Sally, explain how she bought $100 worth of DNotes, and another $100 worth of PumpDumpCoin. Then after a huge spend by the creators of PumpDumpCoin on marketing their value started climbing steeply, Sally went to trade her DNotes for PumpDumpCoin. But just at the last moment, and luckily before she shifted her position, PumpDumpCoin had some whales sell out, and the value dropped to almost nothing. Then news came out that the whales were the initial creators, and they've shut down all their online assets, her whole $100 was worth less than a cent.

She was suddenly afraid for her DNotes investment. Then her friend said to her, "Hell, if your DNotes ever goes for that little, don't throw out your USB with your wallet on it, I'll buy it off you.

Sally was really surprised. "Why would you do that? Worthless is worthless."

But her friend replies, "Sure, if nobody wants it, it's worthless, but who wouldn't want at least some stake in a company that owns a successful cryptocurrency news site, a popular and inclusive forum, and some solid infrastructure? That's always going to be worth something."

Sally was happy again, and decided to hang onto her DNotes investment and see what was in it in the long term, confident that it would always be worth something.

And after a story like that, the listener will not only know that the connection exists, but they will feel like they understand why it sets a floor value for DNotes. And stories do another thing for us. They enable us to encapsulate a concept into a metaphor. After hearing the story, you could then name it, "The Sally Principle" and then talk about how that idea relates to other ideas by referring to it. "Maybe DNotes is less volatile and doesn't dive so quickly due to the Sally Principle."

I'm glad you pointed that out Tim, because the same scenario has happened with a couple people I gave some DNotes to. They felt that the "hot tip" they got from someone on Bitcointalk about relatively insignificant news, was a better investment than the countless hours we put into DNotes. Something can be said about perception of value when you give things away, because from my experience people usually have the same standard reaction of "nobody gives free shit away without a motive". Well needless to say, that free stake is still gaining value, while the worthless shitcoin is worth about 1/1000th of their initial investment. If someone bought $100 worth of DNotes in March 2014, those DNotes would be worth approximately $25,000 today.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Appreciate it TimMarsh, I think one of the problems and Alan has mentioned it earlier... How do we quickly and clearly get our message across to a potential investor without taking up a lot of their time, this has always been the challenge. There are hundreds of cryptocurrencies out there to dig through and determine which ones are worth investing in, DNotes takes some time to research and truly understand the full scope of what we are trying to accomplish.

Maybe you can share with us your experience, what did it take to begin to understand the full scope of the DNotes project. How can we better clarify that message in such a way that will allow a reader or viewer to 'get it', and realize we are not a centralized currency, but a decentralized currency with the central entity that can only assist the decentralized currency.

Storytelling. We are so similar to many other species, like the Neanderthals. But they hunted alone. We learned gather ourselves through reason to figure out how to group hunt in such a way that we could funnel meat into a gorge and slaughter them all in one go and have meat for a year. We learned to trade with each other, based on trust. Our species grew dominant by the power of stories.

Maybe it's esoteric and not super tactical, but we are not rational beings. The ability to bind ourselves via stories, informed by reason but also intuition...that is what gets people into the fold.

TeeGee's videos are absurdly good as a starting point. But, tactically, they need to be in front of more eyeballs. It's not all that expensive to promote videos on YouTube, generating tens of thousands of views within a target audience. It's maybe even easier on Facebook.

Basically, to take it from the existential to the practical...I think sophisticated digital marketing nous has a part to play here.

TeeGee, I definitely agree with MiningHabit here. Story telling is an excellent way of communicating because it works so very well with how we think, remember, and associate information. At some level, even information that is not acquired in the form of a story demands we reform it into some story-like shape for us to remember it. So this is true of all communication.

But it is especially true of things that are not tangible. Dnotes are not tangible, and while their link to DNotes Global Inc is documented, that link is not tangible either. Stories have the ability to add meaning. So I can tell someone about the link, and how it establishes a floor price, and they will know it, but not really understand it. They might say, "I hear you, but I don't really know what that means."

But if I were to create a character named Sally, explain how she bought $100 worth of DNotes, and another $100 worth of PumpDumpCoin. Then after a huge spend by the creators of PumpDumpCoin on marketing their value started climbing steeply, Sally went to trade her DNotes for PumpDumpCoin. But just at the last moment, and luckily before she shifted her position, PumpDumpCoin had some whales sell out, and the value dropped to almost nothing. Then news came out that the whales were the initial creators, and they've shut down all their online assets, her whole $100 was worth less than a cent.

She was suddenly afraid for her DNotes investment. Then her friend said to her, "Hell, if your DNotes ever goes for that little, don't throw out your USB with your wallet on it, I'll buy it off you.

Sally was really surprised. "Why would you do that? Worthless is worthless."

But her friend replies, "Sure, if nobody wants it, it's worthless, but who wouldn't want at least some stake in a company that owns a successful cryptocurrency news site, a popular and inclusive forum, and some solid infrastructure? That's always going to be worth something."

Sally was happy again, and decided to hang onto her DNotes investment and see what was in it in the long term, confident that it would always be worth something.

And after a story like that, the listener will not only know that the connection exists, but they will feel like they understand why it sets a floor value for DNotes. And stories do another thing for us. They enable us to encapsulate a concept into a metaphor. After hearing the story, you could then name it, "The Sally Principle" and then talk about how that idea relates to other ideas by referring to it. "Maybe DNotes is less volatile and doesn't dive so quickly due to the Sally Principle."
Thanks MiningHabit - I also made a 14 second, 8 slide version for Youtube advertising.

Because of course you did. Why would I have thought you weren't already 10 steps ahead? If you need, I've got some good contacts in the space who can help optimize here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2dWJNVi_rw
Activity: 207
Thanks MiningHabit - I also made a 14 second, 8 slide version for Youtube advertising.

Because of course you did. Why would I have thought you weren't already 10 steps ahead? If you need, I've got some good contacts in the space who can help optimize here too.
Even now I have trouble sleeping. But that is only because of me. Now I know when I will make a big investment, I will have to wait and see how the market goes. I bought because I researched this coin and I find it a good one. They have a different approach and a good plan. I plan on holding and staking.... I watch the market 24/7 with little time to sleep. I hope on finding time to adjust things so that I can sleep and go outside more.

I should have waited until this post to throw out my Caceres advice above.

Watching markets 24/7...having trouble sleeping....this is no recipe for happy holding. Trust me, I live this reality myself with my own technology startup that I work for and have invested deeply into (far more than I can afford to lose). I spend 24/7 doing exactly what you mention, not sleeping, anxiously stressing, wondering about every market machination....I promise myself that I'll never be in this position again.

And crypto gives me a chance to prove that declaration. Hold. Hold some more. And then hold longer than that. I realize I, and no one else controls how I emotionally feel about those previous 10 words. I can hold and hold, and that understanding of the long term value here means that nobody can tell me how to feel about holding through short term market movements.

I deeply implore you, don't stay up thinking of the market. You might lose your whole investment. Don't kid yourself. If you study the great Bell Labs mathematician John Kelly and his "Kelly Criterion"...the risk of ruin in the crypto space is nontrivial. You can go bust, very easily. Because it's very very hard to make bets in a completely Kelly compatible way.

Literally the only way to combat this is to bet with money you can completely lose, and divorce yourself from market movements in the short term. Because it's almost impossible to make bets with 0 risk of ruin, which is what being Kelly compatible means.

I have not bet this way with my technology startup, and it eats me alive inside. I wont ever make this same emotional mistake again, and that has started with crypto investing.

I am now in that project with 1000 USD. But why the hell did the price went to 4151 SAT? Feeling kinda pissed, bought at 5900 SAT. Some bad news, rumors or what is the reason?

Every morning I spend 10-15 minutes skimming Quora. It's a really great place to learn things in quick bites. I saw a link to an article on qz.com, and it's one of the best pieces of crypto investing advice that I've seen.

https://qz.com/990088/how-to-become-a-bitcoin-millionaire-according-to-wences-casares-of-xapo/

The formula, according to Casares? Take 1% or less of what you own, buy bitcoin with it, and then forget about it for at least the next five years; ideally the next decade. “You either lose one percent of your net worth, which most people can take, or you make millions,” he told a room of cryptocurrency advocates at the Westin in Times Square.

Buy what you can afford to lose completely. Then hold. And hold some more. And then hold for longer than that. You'll wake up in a decade with real money. The only way, imo, to stomach the short-term volatility and the emotions therein...is to deliberately not care about the short term machinations of the market.

Slow and steady wins the race, no need to hurry.

I've written this aphorism on the whiteboard walls in all four of our offices..."But if you look very closely, most overnight success stories took a really long time." - Steve Jobs, in a CNBC docu about Pixar
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Great job on the videos everyone - we are getting quite the collection of top-notch videos with a broad audience appeal!!

Check out the newest videos in the DNotes Video Library:

DNotes / DNotes Global Inc.

Introduction to DNotes - an Unfolding Big Bold Idea of Global Scale  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar8C7xBgpIE

DNotes Path to Mass Adoption - Ease of Use  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkf1174xltQ

DNotes General Discussion Part 1  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dexb11hcIMg

DNotes General Discussion Part 2  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyiV9RDytx0

Economic Freedom and How it Relates to Cryptocurrency  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zip5xpUlp3c

DNotes Global Ownership Model - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IenaYn1ce3w

DCEBrief - Why it's Important to the DNotes Ecosystem  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9NHeFtTQY

DNotes - Backed By Business  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWMpoqq68c

New!  DNotes 2.0 Promo  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnkUL0vhpjQ&feature=youtu.be

New!  DNotesEDU Digital Finance & Cryptocurrency Education Platform  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_DeEFWFkew&feature=youtu.be

The Four Pillars of Business Success

Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success - Book Trailer  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQU_SFL46d0

The Four Pillars of Business Success - Introduction by Alan Yong  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdWJ8IxCmU

Alan Yong Entrepreneurial History & Guiding Principles on Business Success  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23EmXtUHHw

10 Major Contributors to Business Success  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWMpoqq68c

New!  10 Leading Pitfalls of Business Failures  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZp7BPMljQ4

Merit: 102
Activity: 187
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Right Timing is something that I've only started thinking about since hearing it from Alan Yong, amongst other drivers for business success. But I only had a vague idea of what he meant by it. This video includes an elaboration on the idea and it finally makes sense.

I certainly agree that if the market is not ready for an idea, the amount of money that must be spent to raise market awareness is phenomenal. Even if at a technical and structural level society is in need of the invention. I can think of no better example of this than Bitcoin.

There is nothing different about Bitcoin today, than there was in 2009. And it is reasonable to draw a parallel between the market becoming ready for Bitcoin and its value. This is because as the market recognises its value, its price goes up. The market had to be educated before there was space for this product. I know this looks like it breaks Alan's rule about the market not being ready, causing business failure. I'm certain that if Bitcoin required a factory, materials, trained staff, marketing teams, and administration staff, as well as paying government licenses, fees, registrations and so on, it would have failed a very long time ago.

I have another rule about timing, and I'm sure I'll find echos of it in Alan's book. Don't build a business around a product that new technology has just made possible. It can be really hard to have a new idea for something that is marketable. But there is a wellspring of ideas bubbling up around new technology. The problem is that well is crowded with others who are just as likely to have the same idea and bring it to market before you do.

Instead, sit back and wait to see if anyone brings something like your idea to market. Give them plenty of time to develop, prototype, test, produce, and distribute the product. My experience is three to five years. If the idea still hasn't come about, then consider investing in it.

There seems to be a bit of a belief that if something was worth doing, someone would have done it already. Many times I've been rebuked for a great idea with the comment, "Surely if it could work, someone would be selling them now." This is not true, and you only need to look as far as some brilliant, simple inventions to prove it. The paper clip was needed and possible centuries before its invention in the 1870s.

I suppose three of Alan's points all work together in this area.
1) Choosing the wrong business opportunity.
3) Inadequate preparation or lack of product differentiation.
10) Great ideas, but wrong timing.

I haven't done the research, so if the following point isn't really in the top ten (Or built into point 6-management), then it is close to the top. And this is tenacity. Sticking with it and solving every problem instead of giving in when it looks too hard. It is true of most things in life, that the person who succeeds in doing something is the one who didn't give up. Not the smartest, the most well resourced, the one who had an advantage. These all hit the same wall of something looking impossible to solve. The one who keeps trying and solves the problem is the one who succeeds.

There is a big difference between not giving up when challenged with a definable problem, and not learning that doing the same thing is giving you the same results. A business that is failing, and doesn't take corrective action should never be applauded for not giving up. Driving a business into deeper and deeper debt because you have faith in it, is not the same as stepping through different and ever more challenging hurdles.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
DNotesEDU Digital Finance & Cryptocurrency Education Platform

Just wanted to put my "2 cents" in here about the article on top apps for iPhone. While there are a few on that list I would recommend, the absolute best app for iPhone, in my opinion, is "Blockfolio". This app tracks your portfolio allowing you see profit and loss, trends, charts and prices from multiple exchanges on all your holdings!

I have to say, I would be lost without it. I am invested in over 30 different projects and this is by far the easiest way to see what is going on in real time both individually and as a group. And, trend charts, candlestick charts from the exchanges and hi or low alerts are also supported along with the latest industry news. It's amazing, and that is coming from a coder, web designer and and IT professional!

Needles to say, I highly recommend it. Also available for Android and it's free!

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in Blockfolio or it's developers other than my own portfolio! I also recommend "CoinCap", "BitPay" and "ShapeShift". Oh yes, and "Coin Traffic" which will keep you watching as you see Bitcoin or Litecoin transactions going by in real time in Dollars, Euros and BTC.

http://blockfolio.com/

Thank you very much Tim! I have actually just released another video at our channel. You'll see me sticking around for a while, I've been here since day one, on the team since a littler after that, and am currently in the USA from New Zealand on business during the critical time leading up to DNotes 2.0 release.

I have no previous video experience, however I did notice that no other crypto seem to have put any effort into their PR campaigns. At best you get a cheap-to-make 'explanation' video with cartoon animations moving around the screen that explain what digital money is, and a little on how that particular currency works. Even the top crypto have zero PR but for some basic 'chatting' videos into a webcam - and they most surely could afford to do high-production value videos if they could be bothered.

Here is the next video I've put together:

Video: DNotes 2.0 Promo

That really "pops" as they used to say, very engaging and eye catching. Looks like you might have another career in video!  Grin

Jump to: