Author

Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future? - page 111. (Read 47099 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 250
October 06, 2017, 07:06:24 PM
IMO altcoins have future too, they compete with bitcoin and they both go better.
Activity: 518
October 06, 2017, 07:04:41 PM
I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.
Some Coin has low transfer fee, fast confirmation! Secure and well supported from Dev and members. mabe have future!
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
October 06, 2017, 06:44:28 PM
altcoins will exist for sure.. we will see a couple of the existing currencies in the future and some completely and new, much better and much perfect and improved ones
Activity: 854
Merit: 267
October 06, 2017, 05:48:15 PM
I think some original content projects will survive.
90% of the altcoins are completely useless and I think it will disappear
Activity: 595
Merit: 506
October 06, 2017, 05:44:48 PM
Bitcoin will always remain but I do think alts will have a future, especially ones that have completely different architecture like IOTA.
Activity: 286
October 06, 2017, 04:45:45 PM
Altcoins are coming with strong plans, some are related to real services we need like energy, im sure some altcoins will die into this adventure world, but pretty sure there are a lot solid coins and more coming that will stand alive for several years. The ICO had allowed some people to turn live their dream of managing a company a real company.
Activity: 140
Merit: 103
October 04, 2017, 06:36:04 PM
This is a good and hard questions, I think some altcoins have a great future. But we have a lot of scam here without future indeed. Probably ETH will count the first place in future imho.
Activity: 459
October 04, 2017, 06:09:37 PM
There are a lot of altcoins that have no usecase and that will die in the future, but I think we will see a lot of new projects that will do great stuff with an amazing use case in real life. We just need to drive this crypto thing mainstram Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 04, 2017, 06:08:03 PM
Bitcoin is definetly here to stay, and about altcoins I think that the ones with a decent project and real life usage, they can have a pretty bright future for a long period of time

Yes, but they are very few. Most seems to pop up for immediate gains
Activity: 546
October 04, 2017, 06:07:24 PM
Altcoin is also a good coin to invest and it is very stable, people tend to use bitcoin always thats why they are innocent with othet coins that appears. They didnt know other altcoins but surely  altcoin will really  have a good future, as we see in the market altcoin is always present. It is good coin just kike bitcoin and ethereum.
Activity: 406
October 04, 2017, 06:05:04 PM
Bitcoin is definetly here to stay, and about altcoins I think that the ones with a decent project and real life usage, they can have a pretty bright future for a long period of time
Activity: 611
October 04, 2017, 05:32:40 PM
First of all you can't compare bitcoin and ETH with altcoins it's a big mistake, so please go and read the articles about bitcoin, and see some videos which explain what is  bitcoin and eth exactly
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
October 04, 2017, 05:23:25 PM
We have to fight for altcoins future, well I don't think altcoins are leaving the party anytime soon
We don't have to fight for altcoins future, because most of those coins are quite closer to failure anyways. Yeah altcoins will not leave the party, even if most of them like I said, tend to be failures. But then again, those altcoins that are successful are starting to be a threat to Bitcoin.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
October 03, 2017, 04:07:09 PM
I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

bitcoin has also his weaknesses,

1. electricity wasting
2. oligarchic mining pools that team up
3. unstrategic
4. decision by computation power

oh and since recently

5. extreemly high transaction costs 5 euros, u cant basically use bitcoin anymore to buy food at the grocery store.

claiming bitcoin is the future is therefore wrong

regards

Scorpio
Activity: 350
October 03, 2017, 02:35:06 PM

Many altcoins have no future at all I will probably say that most altcoins are going to disappear in the next 5 years but a new batch of altcoin are going to be created to replace them, at most 50 projects that are running right now will survive in the next 5 years.
Activity: 252
October 03, 2017, 01:42:47 PM
Bitcoin had the first movers advantage in the crypto space. Look at the success that Etherium has had because it came with a new tech - smart contracts. I think the next Microsoft of Apple has yet not been discovered yet and will come out from crypto space only.
Activity: 654
October 03, 2017, 01:33:54 PM
altcoins do have their chance to success in the future especially those which don`t apply segwit and never split
I think segwit it does not matter. indeed segwit make crumbled the price of a coin but you see Bitcoin, Bitcoin has experienced segwit and now the price remains stable.

I think alike. Price is true until it is stable, but I'm curious what will be "tomorrow". Have you ever wondered why it must be that price jumps again?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
October 03, 2017, 12:54:32 PM
Always there is any probability for altcoin to use for real. We do not know what will happen with altcoins in next future. Just think bitcoin when it was nothing but you can the value of it. Who knows if btc will be like this now. No one. So just time will tell us the true.

of course there is, alt-coin are more business specific and as you can see Japan, Dubai and One EU country have their own country crypto. So while bitcoin will be used for everything and everywhere, alts will most probably become currency for specially developed for smaller circles.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
October 03, 2017, 09:03:29 AM
altcoins do have their chance to success in the future especially those which don`t apply segwit and never split
I think segwit it does not matter. indeed segwit make crumbled the price of a coin but you see Bitcoin, Bitcoin has experienced segwit and now the price remains stable.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 03, 2017, 08:30:25 AM
We have to fight for altcoins future, well I don't think altcoins are leaving the party anytime soon
Jump to: