Pages:
Author

Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future? - page 62. (Read 47099 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
December 27, 2017, 08:15:29 AM
Yes it is true altcoin have very good future but for choosing altcoin you must have good knowledge and updates about these coins because good coins have very good future and some not good coin will Delisting from exchanges some time due to their trading or other reasons so before choosing coin you must have to good awareness about this coin and then you can get good reward from it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
December 27, 2017, 08:14:32 AM
Investment in altcoin is a long term investment. Altcoins generally follows bitcoin`s platform. There are many altcoins currently operating in the market. Among them very few are popular one, ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Dash etc. Altcoins are always influenced by bitcoin currency, rise in bitcoin price get reflected in altcoin`s value. If anything happens to bitcoin then these altcoins will be the best option for bitcoin investors. Though altcoin don’t have that value compared to bitcoins, they possess the potentials to be a better substitute for bitcoin currency.   
Activity: 448
December 27, 2017, 07:35:34 AM
I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

I don't agree with you. You can't compare coins so easily because some of these coins don't solve the same problem. Eth for instance is not the same as bitcoin. The problem ethereum is solving is different form Bitcoin. Eth definetly has a future more than you imagine.

I believe that 99% of alt coins don't have a future but some do and will pave the way for others.
Activity: 269
December 27, 2017, 07:29:42 AM
Not  all the Altcoins have a future, most of them will die, but we cannot deny that there is really some excellent project worthy of our invest.
Activity: 301
Merit: 103
December 27, 2017, 07:28:36 AM
Question is how many crypto currencies will really be needed to cover well the currency function, value storage, the need for total privacy and then all the other uses cases? A more fundamental question for the future of the whole market is, how big the part of the total economy will be that will get decentralised. I am bullish on that outlook but surely not all coins and tokens in existence today will still be there in 2 years time.

That is surely correct. But while many will perish during the next many years, just as many new ones will emerge. More interesting I think, which ones will survive 3-5 years even 10 years?
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
December 27, 2017, 07:24:56 AM
i think altcoins have a future like bitcoin
the price of altcoins (ethereum) will go to the moon
slow but sure and high effort is the key
Activity: 166
Merit: 11
December 27, 2017, 07:15:14 AM
I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

It's not really right to say that Altcoins don't have a future. Come to think of it, as bitcoin grows more popular the Altcoin could get that chance as well. Some people might get tired of investing on Bitcoin or some just want other than it, that's how they will end up investing on Altcoins. That's why we shouldn't easily give up on Altcoins.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 06:25:36 AM
Look at Ethereum, smart contracts have so much potential. You can build dAPPs on the Ethereum blockchain.
Activity: 504
Merit: 131
December 27, 2017, 06:25:30 AM
Question is how many crypto currencies will really be needed to cover well the currency function, value storage, the need for total privacy and then all the other uses cases? A more fundamental question for the future of the whole market is, how big the part of the total economy will be that will get decentralised. I am bullish on that outlook but surely not all coins and tokens in existence today will still be there in 2 years time.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 05:24:59 AM
Cryptocurrencies are like a solar system.. If the btc is the sun then, alt coins are other elements on the solar system.. Their future depends upon the future of BTC.

Currently - yes, for sure. But I won't be so sure about it in a year or two, or five. Why? Because with such volatility as the cryptocurrency market has now, it's just too risky to claim that BTC will always be something on top.
Though there will be a leading crypto for sure, it can be ETH, or LTC, or - even - something no one yet knows about. How many people do you think had just discarded BTC or never noticed it's existence when it just appeared on the market? I say 99 %.

So - the sun can change, and with it - all the system, but the fact is that it's existence cannot be denied for the near future.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
December 27, 2017, 05:18:28 AM
Cryptocurrencies are like a solar system.. If the btc is the sun then, alt coins are other elements on the solar system.. Their future depends upon the future of BTC.
Activity: 266
December 27, 2017, 05:16:06 AM

t is happening Altcoin future of course there, the price of Ethereum and other Altcoin has increased rapidly due to the already very high Bitcoin prices so that investors divert their funds to Ethereum and other Altcoin,
Activity: 172
December 27, 2017, 05:07:47 AM
We're not even sure blockchain has a future, but if it does, altcoins definitely have future too. Which ones, I do not know. But.. Try Googling "Hashgraph" and be amazed about how unsure the future of blockchain technology might be.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
December 27, 2017, 05:03:44 AM
Yes I agree with you about this subject. It isn't predictable at this moment which altcoins exist in the future. Maybe the coins we see right now will be erased from the cryptocureeny market, but you can be sure, there will always be altcoins
Activity: 294
December 27, 2017, 04:57:11 AM
ETH, Monero are already very popular. They are safe bets. They always have use and their adoption will only grow.
I also want to hold eth because it is very popular and I think the future will really be a profitable coin
Activity: 154
December 27, 2017, 03:48:36 AM
We all know that Bitcoin has amfutire and many already used it as a lifetime investment. BTC price continue to Spike and even it's price continue to grow little by little by now. Etherium got some shots because even Microsoft is backing it up, litecoin is a very good coin, but I bet that moneros price will drow too. Altcoins by the way is just on an improving pace. There are many altcoins and I think third value will be determined on how good their coin is. If they have some potential and really promising system then why don't give them a shot?
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
December 27, 2017, 02:42:46 AM
Altcoins all have separate purposes and uses, so yes they have a future. The only two trying to be an every day currency are Bitcoin and Litecoin.
You have your favorites, there are a lot of altcoins with different purpose therefore they are useful in the future.
With the big opportunity to invest I would not limit only my investment on few coins, I will diversify my money so I can find great coins that might bring me good return.
Activity: 84
December 27, 2017, 02:36:09 AM
Altcoins all have separate purposes and uses, so yes they have a future. The only two trying to be an every day currency are Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Activity: 168
Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world
December 27, 2017, 02:26:56 AM

I hope so, I have those alt coins, and as for me, eth and ltc will take along with btc, plus, there is one more coin that is coming up the stage..monero
Activity: 224
December 27, 2017, 01:38:18 AM
Yes I think altcoin also have future. But not all coins. There are few altcoins which have better and bright future. Like - ethereum, waves, neo, Dash. Xrp etc have really good future.
I agree with you. Cryptocurrencies market have above 1000 other coins but it mustn't all coin is good. I think top 10 coin that have the largest market cap, will have bright future. Further is NEO, Waves are also coins which we should invest in, i hope Neo and Waves will soon reach $300 in 2018
Pages:
Jump to: