Pages:
Author

Topic: do ethereum compete with bitcoin? - page 5. (Read 1960 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 2
August 14, 2018, 10:25:04 AM
if u see the price of ether and bitcoin today, u will change your opinion. bitcoin has always been the most reliable coin ever since 2009. although ether has established a large-scale ICO ecosystem. but it is still young, relative to bitcoin. it also has to go through many tests
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 14, 2018, 10:24:15 AM
there is no much pathetic challenger evry mint create his effort to the frore of the agreement bitcoin is the up-to-dateness and element for dapp and ico both are in disparate field

Bitcoin challengers are ethereum who are trying to rival bitcoin but have not yet achieved it. ethereum also has sophisticated technology but etherum has not become a top priority for investors. many people choose bitcoin because the price is the highest.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 14, 2018, 10:20:26 AM
5 or 10 years bitcoin stay the top because of popularity and people who invest long term. but then nobody can guess what will happen..
Activity: 364
August 14, 2018, 10:15:07 AM
there is no much pathetic challenger evry mint create his effort to the frore of the agreement bitcoin is the up-to-dateness and element for dapp and ico both are in disparate field
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
August 13, 2018, 04:44:03 PM
I would not call it a competition, they both exists and add value to the market with their own ways, the value of them both is way too distant to even call it a competition and still they fluctuate with terrible down and huge rises from time to time.
Activity: 124
July 21, 2018, 05:34:12 PM
According to me, it feels like it's hard to say that the or is not competing with etherium bitcoin. because of bitcoin itself strong enough to defend its position as the pre-eminent although we cannot also belie the etherium these stages construct good future.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
July 21, 2018, 05:26:52 PM
Well there is a rivalry between ethereum and bitcoin as a result of the popularity and some few factors but I think there's no way ethereum can compete with bitcoin because bitcoin is second to none. It's the best across the globe.
Activity: 140
July 21, 2018, 05:18:37 PM
Well I don't think they are competing. In my own opinon ethereum built on what bitcoin has done previously and even more a step further to introduce some features that wasn't present in btc. It is normal for people to pair them against each other because ethereum is most popular coin after BTC but IMO they are not competitiors
Activity: 84
July 21, 2018, 04:56:35 PM
Well, ethereum was the first alternative to bitcoin, so it has alot of influence nowadays, it's whole platform is used extensively for the creation of token which ICO projects use to promote their project so it's versatility is huge, however bitcoin is still more valuable.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
July 21, 2018, 02:16:21 PM
Well ethereum really put up a good work towards their own blockchain which is far more faster and transparent than bitcoin blockchain like they promised. But comparing them would be as a utility token won't matter as ethereum won't reach bitcoin in it's price and marketcap. First, its because of their total supply that bitcoin has far less than ethereum. Second, bitcoin has been the market leader ever since, if it goes down, every cryptocurrency will go down with it. It's only my opinion though and I'm just stating facts but I maybe wrong. Just so, happy trading guys Sad
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Until the end of time
July 21, 2018, 12:51:29 PM
In my own opinion I will say no because they serve two different purpose, so i don't see them competing, rather i see bitcoin as the dominating coin at the moment and years to come.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
July 21, 2018, 12:46:09 PM
I think that Ethereum can compete with Bitcoin, but for now Ethereum is still far from Bitcoin and the Ethereum rate depends on Bitcoin, in other words, like all other altcoins.
Activity: 433
July 21, 2018, 12:34:58 PM
after all, these coins are completely different in their structure. can't compete with each other directly? if we talk about what coin will take 1 place in the future, then it is definitely bitcoin. so far, no 1 coin can not compete with it directly.
Activity: 376
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
July 21, 2018, 10:29:06 AM
as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin

maybe, but the fact until now no one can really compete with bitcoin. you can see from a distance price comparison and market volume. moreover bitcoin is more special than other altcoin although there are many technologies that exceed the bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
July 21, 2018, 10:21:46 AM
bitcoin is still a symbol of cryptocurrency, but as the price continues to decline, people are choosing ethereum because of the ease and benefits it offers. but I think the bitcoin will remain king of cryptocurrency for a long time.
copper member
Activity: 560
NextPakk
July 21, 2018, 10:09:18 AM
Ethereum use cases are different to Bitcoin's. Anyway Bitcoin is coming with lighting network where the transaction speed will be much faster and transaction costs way lower, this will keep Bitcoin on top.

Activity: 38
July 21, 2018, 10:07:00 AM
There are many differences that make Bitcoin and Ethereum distinct from one another. We do not believe that they have an inverse relationship, meaning when one increases in value, the other decreases;
They can coexist as they are working towards different goals. Bitcoin is striving to provide fast and secure transactions while Ethereum is focusing on much more. As more and more smart contracts and decentralized applications are built Ethereum’s popularity and profitability will increase. Although both are volatile at this point, ether is so new that it is difficult to predict where it will go.
We believe that both of these cryptocurrencies have benefits and will see an increase in value going forward.
Activity: 22
July 21, 2018, 10:05:11 AM
Both of these cryptocurrencies are exchanged by using blockchain technology. A blockchain is a public ledger of all transactions that have occurred. Blocks are added in a linear chronological order. The ledger is public because each node has the full blockchain so it cannot be falsified by a single entity. A node is any computer that is connected to the blockchain and used to execute and verify transactions(Investopedia, 2016). Although each uses blockchain technology they have different goals in mind, which can be seen through the coding protocols put in place.
 :-*Bitcoin was designed to act as a secure peer to peer decentralized payment system. Since everything is shown on the public ledger, the blockchain, you can be confident that the transaction is legitimate and the need to trust the other party is negated. Ethereum was designed to be much more than a payment system. It is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
Activity: 645
Merit: 1
July 20, 2018, 04:29:39 PM
After bitcoin the next in line is ethereum so it is just natural if the two compete against one another. I also noticed that they compete expecially when ethereum have a faster transaction speed than bitcoin
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
July 20, 2018, 04:26:48 PM
as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin

Of course Ethereum can be considered as a competitor of Bitcoin, but this is still not a situation in which competition disrupt the development of two cryptocurrency projects. On the contrary it helps to develop.
Pages:
Jump to: