Pages:
Author

Topic: Do NOT declare that you have ever owned bitcoins - page 4. (Read 6538 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hoist the Colours

The biggest problem governments will have with bitcoin is the anonymity involved in transactions. They will point to money laundering and criminals using it as an untraceable  medium of wealth as the reason to shut it down. Without that they won't have leg to stand on in a court of law. You'd think there aren't any real money laundering operations to warrant gov scrutiny.

People should pay taxes on bitcoins. It's probably the only thing that can prevent a complete shutdown.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Yes but i dont really care. We can always change government. Dont forget about this too. And i hope they wont forget about this also. People are real power and nobody ever won with people.

U r lucky one. Most of ppl unable to change their government.

I said WE not me. And i understand that people THINK they cant change anything. But its false statement.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Yes but i dont really care. We can always change government. Dont forget about this too. And i hope they wont forget about this also. People are real power and nobody ever won with people.

U r lucky one. Most of ppl unable to change their government.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
There are a lot of threads about taxation and FinCEN regulation on this forum. Now you can pay taxes, register yourself as Money Service Business (MSB) and sleep well, but... The state won't stop and will continue to strangle Bitcoin. One day it will make Bitcoin illegal.

Now the state collects data who uses Bitcoin, so in the future (when Bitcoin becomes illegal) they'll pay very close attention to those who declared that they "touched" bitcoins. It's a well known trick:
1. Pretend you are just going to regulate something.
2. Collect data about users.
3. Make it illegal.
4. Spy the users.
5. Prosecute those who violate the law.

Keep this in mind...
Pages:
Jump to: