Pages:
Author

Topic: Do traders pay income taxes? - page 13. (Read 1578 times)

copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
September 22, 2018, 08:42:34 AM
Tax is not apply to trading in crypto but some country are on that to make it work by collecting tax from every crypto trader which as brought about regulating and legalized the crypto but it all depends on your country if is allow and if the tax has been impose on trader but most are not paying now cause crypto is still decentralized and not control by any government .
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
September 22, 2018, 08:39:11 AM
They themselves do not know what they did, because the crypt on the blockade is decentralized and no taxes are needed. And if someone paid taxes, he was and did not participate on his platform or did something wrong.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
September 22, 2018, 08:38:10 AM
I think they are if the wallets designed by their country requires tax/es to pay before some cash-out requests then they are paying it but if there's not then they only pay the transaction fee/s in the exchange they are traded.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
September 22, 2018, 08:33:36 AM
all move to denmark there are no taxes on crypto

or if you are amateur just gambling on shitcoins with no training and just guessing if they will go up or down it will be gambling and again zero tax for some countries like uk and others.

Activity: 171
Merit: 10
September 22, 2018, 07:41:09 AM
That pretty much depends on the country where you get your income for trading and that certain country's tax system. But I know many people who don't pay tax from crypto earnings at all, they use to go to bitcoin ATMs, even travel to different countries and get fiat from there.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
September 21, 2018, 05:45:36 PM
I'd like to start trading, but what happens when you get profit from a new coin? you pay taxes as individual (like capital gain) or you must open a registered company?

Sure, it all depends on the country you are a resident. However, it is counted as capital gains.
You can open a company, but it's harder to withdraw fiat to the company's bank account, as far as I am aware on coinbase it will be quite an issue. They stopped for a while, not sure what's happening now if you can open an account on coinbase as a company.
What works for me, is being as a self-employed, once you withdraw you pay the taxes from the gains.
Activity: 252
September 21, 2018, 05:19:48 PM
I'd like to start trading, but what happens when you get profit from a new coin? you pay taxes as individual (like capital gain) or you must open a registered company?

The question is interesting, of course. In General, the income tax will have to pay, I think, to come to the tax and declare. Perhaps, if you do it professionally, there are taxes for self-maintenance, in each country in different ways. I do not think that you just need to run and register an individual entrepreneur, first you need to learn how to not lose money.
yes you have to pay taxes btu what if yiu are worling form the country in whicg cryptocurrency world is not allowed
September 21, 2018, 05:19:10 PM
actually i think it depends on the country you work in and on the conditions you have for your working process
Activity: 194
Merit: 2
September 21, 2018, 05:06:08 PM
in most countries, crypto trading is still illegal or unauthorized, thus you do not pay any taxes.
To pay or not to pay, you will have to check you country regulations
Activity: 280
September 21, 2018, 05:03:03 PM

The question is interesting, of course. In General, the income tax will have to pay, I think, to come to the tax and declare. Perhaps, if you do it professionally, there are taxes for self-maintenance, in each country in different ways. I do not think that you just need to run and register an individual entrepreneur, first you need to learn how to not lose money.
September 21, 2018, 04:58:59 PM
In our country cryptocurrency is not illegal and not legal but we had a freedom.What earn in this cryptocurrecy was no taxes because it is not a registered income.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
September 21, 2018, 04:50:19 PM
I don't think so trading is not considered as income but still, it's your amount which matters if you have a higher amount trading then, of course, you have to pay income taxes but if you have smaller amounts and you are creating because of your individual profit then you do not have to. There is a line which if you cross only then you have to pay income tax. But still there transaction fees which are being deducted no matter you win or lose you have to pay those trading charges from every order you do.
Activity: 476
September 21, 2018, 04:47:25 PM
If I'm not wrong there was a quite detailed post about this in Reddit, it was about a lawyer who talked about how you should pay taxes on cryptos, I think the trick was when you change cryptos to fiat, there you had to pay taxes, and if I'm not wrong they enter the field of capital gains, a quick google search can give you better answers, remember to put reddit on the search bar.
Activity: 402
September 21, 2018, 04:44:14 PM
There are 2 factors to consider when paying trading tax. What country you live in, and what coins you trade. If you like in the USA and trade on coinbase then you are likely to pay tax. In an undeveloped country where you can trade privacy coins - no taxes
Activity: 3024
Merit: 651
September 21, 2018, 04:27:27 PM
Well the trading platform is already taking something from you every time you make an order (buy or sell).

After that, it is their problem to pay the taxes. They do make a lot of money out of it so I think it wont be a problem for you.
The thing you should be thinking about is how are you going out with that profit that you made.
Remember, when a lot of money is getting out from the crypto world it is being questioned. Just do not use banks to avoid this.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
September 21, 2018, 04:23:22 PM
No traders do not pay profits from trading and I believe that it is wrong that traders would now pay profits from the sale of bitcoins. Today it is better to be engaged in accumulation of coins, than trade.
Activity: 67
Merit: 3
September 21, 2018, 09:02:27 AM
I have never paid tax on my profits. Even I will tell honestly and I don't plan to do it. I don't see what I have to pay for.

I don't know which country you are from, but here in Germany you can easy come in prison, if you don't pay ur Taxes.
We must pay for everything here, not only for trading but even for incomes from POS Sad
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
September 21, 2018, 07:47:19 AM
Paying tax in trading depends on the country you are residing. If there is no clear regulation about taxation of cryptocurrency in your country it is fine not to pay tax. If you reside in the US you have to pay your tax because they are very strict in taxation.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
September 21, 2018, 03:59:42 AM
Trading on centralized exchanges you will have to pay taxes, but if you just occasionally buy or sell something on decentralized exchanges,it will be difficult to find you to pay taxes, although it is possible if you wish. in our country, there is no legal regulation of this activity, but if you transfer cryptocurrency to fiat money in large amounts,you will be noticed and asked many questions))))
September 21, 2018, 03:56:22 AM
In my country, trading crypto is  on grey zone. traders here are on holiday. unless you want to make loans or dealing with banks, you can submit tax based on the profit you made, of course it can be manipulated.
Pages:
Jump to: