Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we have an impact? - page 4. (Read 562 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 03:44:24 PM
Yes we have. When all started there were just a few people in this.
And look us now today Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 03:29:50 PM
I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop. 

First of all, you cannot guarantee that there are no big whales posting here on this forum which do bounties or just want some answers to their questions and to socialize with like minded people. Judging by your rank, I think that you have already been here for quite some time. Now, of all that time you spent here, haven't you figured out yet that this forum is not just for bounties or jobs that can earn you money? Clearly, this forum contains a lot of information and news that are mostly about cryptos that can really change the way any person sees the crypto world and help him/her to know what is the best course of action on a specific thing that a lot of people here has went through already that shared their experiences.

Apart from that, being a crypto lover/user op, are you not addicted to the thought of earning? If you have a hundred to a thousand bitcoins in your wallet, will you lose the urge to earn more? I don't think so. Because clearly, you will need to use those cryptos that you own and they will probably run out if you do not manage to earn more. Now, ways into earning them may vary due to the capabilities that are added up to you when your funds get bigger. But bottom line is that this forum can really help big time with every way you can think of that you wanna use to earn more.

Oh, and by the way, a million people having a dollar to invest on a crypto is equivalent to a million dollar investment which means we do have an impact. although not the same as anyone richer or less fortunate, we still have an impact.

Hope this clears things up for you, have a good day.
Activity: 277
Merit: 12
February 10, 2018, 03:00:51 PM
Too many factors to evaluate a particular impact. Sometimes there are obvious things, for example, regular "news" from China or the United States. In other cases, the market reacts to very mysterious and not always determined factors.
Activity: 168
February 10, 2018, 01:28:19 PM
Bitcointalk is definitely impactful as far as online and web presence goes but you have to admit there are other important platforms as well.

There's a crossover in most platforms but still - the internet is a big place.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
February 10, 2018, 01:24:19 PM
I tend to think that participating in a signature campaign and advertising certain ICO projects, we do good and necessary work. I think that the tokens produced in the OCO process are very useful and have a good perspective. Therefore, we have a certain influence on the development of the crypto currency. This influence does not depend on how many who have bitcoins or other crypto-currencies.
Activity: 150
Merit: 2
February 10, 2018, 10:59:03 AM
We can't have an impact, forget it. We can only try to figure what whales will do, and try to profit of the situation.
You know, it's not a coincidence that big investors are called whales: the reason is that we are just plankton....
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
February 09, 2018, 07:59:27 PM
I wonder.  Smiley  It looks like the people posting here don't have that much btc/cash/funds and are almost all small fish.  One of the reasons is of course the bounty hunters.  People with >100btc don't need bounties.  People with >1000btc don't need this forum lol...  So I wonder, all the fud, shilling etc here.  Does it really have an impact on prices?  I tend to believe we are all manipulated big time by real whales with 100's and 1000's of btc.  If a group of eth hodlers of several 100k eth decide together: let's go down today, then we will go down. When prices are down enough they decide to go up.  Thoughts? This pattern is the most obvious on reall small exchanges with bullshit coins.  Look at some of them!  You KNOW they are worth nothing and all of a sudden they moon and drop. 
Everything in this system is manipulation at its best! And we are just riding the waves caused by these great huge whales reigning over the vast oceon of the crypto system. But hey, who are we to complain right? In terms of giving impact, heck yeah! Even if we are "small fish," we do make tremendous impact in this system!
Activity: 868
Merit: 103
*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*
February 09, 2018, 07:46:15 PM

maybe that's your subjective opinion. and my pardon , you just see from the money perspective. many people around here I guest are millionaire and they still need this forum. because some people still have a dedicated for make a growth on the bitcoin community over the world. and they don't care with their money. the community are the most important from the all things. no matter how much your assets but there's no one supporting. does it useless ?
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
February 09, 2018, 07:36:21 PM
I don't think we have any impact as individuals, because our personal microdecision can't influence the big movements of money.
But you know, a crowd is made by individuals; none of them has any power as individual, but as part of a crowd, has.
So, I like to think that investors create a kind of "collective mind" and in this case, even they are not aware, yes, they have a big impact on the market.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
February 09, 2018, 06:21:47 PM

I think we do.

On average, I'm investing between 0.5 and 1.5 ETH on every ICO I like. Yesterday was the last day or Eristica ICO. Raise 3m+ from 3k+ investors, or on average 1.2 ETH per investors. So every dollar and every investor matters.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
February 09, 2018, 06:15:24 PM
The real manipulators are:

big whales,
politicians,
media.

Big whales pouring much money, politicians making announcements on banning cryptocurrencies, media spreading all that and making the noise. This is how it is!  Undecided

Nice said. You forgot to mention the banks. Who believes the fairy tale that the banks are real opponents of the Cryptoszene, is wrong. They are big players in this game.

If you look at the stats of many ICOs, which is very easy given the blockchain register, you will find out that many of them just rely on the small investors. It is not necessary to go after the whales, nor particularly productive.
Activity: 574
February 09, 2018, 06:10:37 PM
Of course we have impact because if we don't have impact why the government of every country especially the china, korea and other country banned this bitcoin so they are now alarming and that you call a big impact.
Activity: 854
February 09, 2018, 06:10:11 PM
We have a big impact here. Why would they bother to go here if it doesn't work anyways. This forum is very influential as most ICOs have their ANNs and Bounty Campaigns here. I always tell my friends to take good care of their bitcointalk accounts because it is very important.
Activity: 210
February 09, 2018, 06:06:36 PM

yes, do we have an impact. As a group, we could make an impact unlike if you only one. Also, we're here to earn money, we don't give a crap to people who don't need bounties or this forum. All we got together is to earn, to make life. Don't bother yourself about them. Stay focus on why you are here in forum.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
February 09, 2018, 06:01:42 PM
This forum as an entity has the greatest impact on the new projects, far above any other source of information. The reason is that is very targeted to people involved in cryptos.
Activity: 378
Merit: 12
February 09, 2018, 06:00:49 PM
This forum wasn`t created for manipulation with prices. And everyone needs this forum because almost every new potentially good project creates a thread here.
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
February 09, 2018, 05:59:17 PM
I'm not saying AT ALL that bountyhunters don't make money.  I made too much myself on bounties to ever claim that lol.  I've been around here since 2014.  In those days there were hardly any ICO's.  All the 'big stars' from LSK, NXT, ETH and others posted here and you could actually follow the threads just by looking at the new posts after two days!  Look at this place now!  Hundreds and hundreds of threads with really young and new users all screaming eth goes up, btc goes down, is this the end? etc...  All this BS doesn't effect the price imo. 

I'm with the eephants and ants guy on this one.  Grin

We just follow.  I think there are 'forces' behind the curtains with a LOT of btc/alts pulling the strings.  Don't forget eth was $2 some time ago and btc only <$100.  Most of the traders here are extatic when they have a full btc or 6 eth.  Don't forget some have 1000's...

damn i couldn't agree more. I have been here since that time as well and seen some awesome threads and discussion. Lately there is so much f*ing noise and spam that even if there are some real good ones you miss them out.
What i do once in a while is go in individual boards and threads to check out the hidden gems.

Yet i believe that this forum has impact. Impact can be in different ways and not directly to the price.
Many project looks for dev or other services here.

Also i am trying to help newbies and looking out for more clients here for the services i provide.

and on the bounty thing, well projects are speeding quite some money for signature campaigns which has to account for something.
There are far more leech'rs on the forum than you know, looking out for the first piece of info to get on board of any project.
Activity: 203
Merit: 11
February 09, 2018, 05:54:57 PM
The real manipulators are:

big whales,
politicians,
media.

Big whales pouring much money, politicians making announcements on banning cryptocurrencies, media spreading all that and making the noise. This is how it is!  Undecided

Nice said. You forgot to mention the banks. Who believes the fairy tale that the banks are real opponents of the Cryptoszene, is wrong. They are big players in this game.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
February 09, 2018, 05:47:35 PM
Why wont we have an impact?if we joing our hands together im sure we can make difference,these manipulators would be scared if most of the small fishes combined together,Not all the whales doesnt need to be here yes,but few of them are still joing bounties because they know how much they can get if they still join signatures.I have a friend who has thousands of bitcoins but he doesnt stop doing things that he loved to do.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
February 09, 2018, 05:42:11 PM

I agree with some of your views, but I do not support the fact that it has 100 Bitcoin does not need a campaign? Where is your ambition? another factor, people who have 1000 Bitcoin do not need this forum? well, without their compassion (Whales), this forum would not even be successful.
Pages:
Jump to: