Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we really need a lot of Cryptocurrencies? - page 3. (Read 807 times)

Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
There is too many of them already
So many of them has died already
Many will come many will die
The biggest problem with crypto is usage there is not any usage of crypto
Just trading  to btc
But alts are useful because they are crating demand for bitcoin
Activity: 616
Merit: 1
Seriously we don't need this much cryptocurrencies as we already have. It almost makes the crypto market a bit childish since almost anyone can create a coin and organise an ICO at the end of the day the coin will make it to the exchanges with nothing new to add to the already crowded market.
Activity: 352
Merit: 10
There are already over 2,000 cryptocurrencies at coinmarketcap. Definitely, we don’t need such a number of crypto assets. There are not even two hundred states in the world, and here there is such a large number of coins. I think that most of them will not soon remain even in our memory.
Activity: 166
Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket
Yes. Their trying to survive becoming in a fight and this fight helps to kill unnecessary coins that are weak or don't have the future and during this event other strong coins become stronger too.
Activity: 406
Merit: 36
Blockchain will disrupt these industries Banking and Payments, Insurance, Voting, Forecasting, Government, Crowdfunding, Retail, and Real Estate. Yes, we knew this that blockchain will play a big role in the future of those industries and it's a revolutionary.

But, do we need lots of cryptocurrencies?

More and more companies or startup companies were developing their own cryptocurrencies and a lot more in the future but what's the point of creating or developing it? Maybe we only need 1 for every industry but why does almost everyone develop their own cryptocurrency?

There is no need for the increase of number of cryptocurrencies and there is also no need for the decrease. If they want to produce new cryptocurrencies, they have to make sure that the coins they're making are not shit. Because shit coins will only confuse people and make other people's research a waste of time.
If we actually look at most of the cryptocurrencies we are seeing today, a lot of them are just shit coins and recycled ideas with the team having no mind to even want to make an attempt at all to building something in the long run and for those kind of coins and tokens, it is really not necessary.
But of course, it is a decentralized and a non regulated space and that makes it a whole lot easy for scammers to evade the space, which I believe as the market gets matured , it would change eventually as we get to see the shit ones disappear.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
...we only need 1 for every industry...

Yes, and that is also the reason why there's so much cryptocurrencies in our current stream right now. They're competing and doing their best to get that spot, that one and only spot, in every industry. We may not need those but soon, we will pick one each.
we are at the beginnings and the fight is still very hard. the ones that the market/users will choose as the best will be the standards for each industry probably. but for now nothing can be selective/blocked
Sadly, there are so many factor to be consider like Security Exchange Commision's future plan. Things will be hard and harder as we continously accept cryptocurrency. So, I think, "being selective" is not only for now - even in future.
with more and more features Cryptocurrency will be very capable of producing many more advantages to be able to continue to grow. so the number of supporters Cryptocurrency make progress against the influence of many more in profits.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
The only advantage is that diversification. At least 10 coins is enough for me to manage and check my portfolio everyday and do trading from time to time.

And when you liquidate, rinse and repeat. Look for another good coin and dump when you have a good ROI already.

that is indeed the benefit of having a lot of cryptos but not all cryptos are worth to invest with . traders and investors do only need a lot of cryptos but regular workers such as bounty hunters do actually hates it because it can only cause confusion to them . more cryptos do also means lesser price for the big coins like btc and eth because that causes them a competition in which people can divert their attention to other different types of coins instead of foccusing to the legit ones .
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
Every developer makes a crypto currency must have a clear purpose and function. And of course this function will differ between crypto currency one and the other. They will not have the same function, and usually if there is a crypto currency that does not have a clear function and the developer just makes it, the crypto currency will be lost and worthless. You can find that every crypto currency that has a good function will have a high price but if not then you will find that crypto currency will not have a value.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
I think that many ICOs dilute a little the investment in the market, plus most are scams or copies of other more useful and famous coins, so they end up being unnecessary, I do not think there should be any regulation, but if it is advisable that creating new ICOs is a little more difficult or requires some money.
This is common, lots of project are just there to scam or to copy other's ideas, this should not be supported anyway as there's no particular future goals and subject for pumped and dumped, it's needed to have deeper analysis and well knowledge before investing with certain new project that exist around the market especially ICO's, there's no certain regulations so it will be depend on investors part how to take care of their money.
Activity: 462
Merit: 113
Need me? PM me!
...we only need 1 for every industry...

Yes, and that is also the reason why there's so much cryptocurrencies in our current stream right now. They're competing and doing their best to get that spot, that one and only spot, in every industry. We may not need those but soon, we will pick one each.
we are at the beginnings and the fight is still very hard. the ones that the market/users will choose as the best will be the standards for each industry probably. but for now nothing can be selective/blocked
Sadly, there are so many factor to be consider like Security Exchange Commision's future plan. Things will be hard and harder as we continously accept cryptocurrency. So, I think, "being selective" is not only for now - even in future.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
The only advantage is that diversification. At least 10 coins is enough for me to manage and check my portfolio everyday and do trading from time to time.

And when you liquidate, rinse and repeat. Look for another good coin and dump when you have a good ROI already.
Activity: 475
Merit: 100
I think that many ICOs dilute a little the investment in the market, plus most are scams or copies of other more useful and famous coins, so they end up being unnecessary, I do not think there should be any regulation, but if it is advisable that creating new ICOs is a little more difficult or requires some money.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
I think that variety is in the taste, and I do not mind that there are so many cryptos in the market, since we will hardly see 2 with the same purpose, and many times those that are copies of other projects and end up failing quickly, so it is better to let the market self-regulate, in the end, the best are the ones that win.
Activity: 225
Blockchain will disrupt these industries Banking and Payments, Insurance, Voting, Forecasting, Government, Crowdfunding, Retail, and Real Estate. Yes, we knew this that blockchain will play a big role in the future of those industries and it's a revolutionary.

More and more companies or startup companies were developing their own cryptocurrencies and a lot more in the future but what's the point of creating or developing it? Maybe we only need 1 for every industry but why does almost everyone develop their own cryptocurrency?

In my own aspects it's a yes. We do need more Cryptocurrencies in the market but not only we need them but precisely good projects which can keep the market of CRYPTO going forward, not one that will ruin the market in future
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Competition among projects is healthy so it's better to have many projects in each industry.
Sometimes, I see the market is chous, but I believe that only the good projects will thrive on chous.
Activity: 378

There are a lot of projects out there that need funding to be realized and developers will take advantage of the blockchain technology. IMO, it would be good that there are a lot of cryptocurrencies out to serve as a competitors to bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Gistcoin
I think that we don't need lots of cryptocurrencies. What we need is the cryptocurrencies that are exactly profitable, promising, and will have good prospects in the future. We also need cryptocurrencies that include the great team in order to be able to manage the coins after on exchange and do some development. But it doesn't mean that we only need one crypto.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I think not, now there are too many cryptocurrency projects, and they are not much different from each other, while a large number of projects are closed every month and not every one of them needs their own tokens.
Activity: 248
diceroll.xyz
Still for any industry we didn't found any good solution. Yet many come up with their idea and coin. But all we know with time major coin just gone and only with good concept can survive in the market. It's good to single option or more better multiple option so they make more better.
Activity: 589
I think that most of the coins that exist on the market will simply disappear . There are a lot of shitcoins who are worth nothing and just litter   market.
Pages:
Jump to: