Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 105. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
November 17, 2016, 05:57:13 PM
I think I do not agree with a bitcoin bank. It can be a something that will make people who steal bitcoin more active.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
November 17, 2016, 05:43:19 PM
No I dont agree, but I think it will be inevitable as people are too stupid to be responsible with their money , so they will need a 3rd party to hold them for them.
I think bitcoin bank is not just a place to store bitcoin but can be more than that, if you want to grow while storing bitcoin bitcoin bank therefore will work for this, I think bitcoin bank has its advantages and disadvantages

Yes, definitely agree to have bitcoin banks.. bank could be one of the safest storage of bitcoins. Although the security of every wallet was tight, i still believe with the posibility to be hacked!hackers and scammer are everwhere so we better think of alternative safe place to store our bitcoins. all banks have its own policy so did the blockchain and other wallets have thier policies too..
Bitcoin bank not how it can be different from the ordinary banking institutions. For policies of such institutions too obvious and clear that the focus on earning money. Therefore bitcoin bank will also be doing the same as others.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
November 17, 2016, 10:43:58 AM
No I dont agree, but I think it will be inevitable as people are too stupid to be responsible with their money , so they will need a 3rd party to hold them for them.
I think bitcoin bank is not just a place to store bitcoin but can be more than that, if you want to grow while storing bitcoin bitcoin bank therefore will work for this, I think bitcoin bank has its advantages and disadvantages

Yes, definitely agree to have bitcoin banks.. bank could be one of the safest storage of bitcoins. Although the security of every wallet was tight, i still believe with the posibility to be hacked!hackers and scammer are everwhere so we better think of alternative safe place to store our bitcoins. all banks have its own policy so did the blockchain and other wallets have thier policies too..
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
November 17, 2016, 10:28:50 AM
No, if bitcoin bank will be created then what is the purpose of having bitcoin wallets or why was it created? We are our own bank when we talk about bitcoin. Bitcoin wallet is more convenient and easy to use. We can secure it in our own way. Bitcoin is anonymous and having it a bank is a no for me.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
November 17, 2016, 06:42:17 AM
Well i dont totally agree with bitcoin banks .well it is better people should have their oen wallet so that they have their own bitcoins  within themselves ..kudoos Smiley

Yeah, indeed for now I also disagree. for now the existing system in the banks is unclear, so a bitcoin I think that it is not good to use. But if in the future the system bitcoin bank much better and gives it a very safe and fun from the bank, then I would use the bitcoin bank and supports full growth into a BAnk used by everyone. Just wait for it to look and determine the attitude after learning everything
Activity: 266
November 17, 2016, 06:34:58 AM
Well i dont totally agree with bitcoin banks .well it is better people should have their oen wallet so that they have their own bitcoins  within themselves ..kudoos Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
November 17, 2016, 02:47:57 AM
Why would I use bank for my bitcoins? I also think that this idea is stupid, and I don`t know how banks are planning to get into bitcoin community. That will be tricky for them, what can they offer to me (or us) to open bitcoin wallet in some bank, pay monthly account maintenance, what can they do for me, that I can`t do myself?
Only one thing fall on my mind and that is high saving rate. I opened some saving calculator and for example best bank in my country offer if I save in my currency 1 000 000 dinars for one year (that is 9 000 dollars) I can earn 90 000 dinars (850 dollars).
If I save in foreign currency, for example dollars, 10 000 dollars for one year will bring me 396 dollars. Which is joke, so how big interest they can offer for bitcoin to I be attracted to save my bitcoins in some bank?

Same sentiments here. What "bitcoin bank" really do? We will deposits our bitcoin to him? Smiley If that happens,the real essence of bitcoin will be lost I think. People wants to hold or store their bitcoin,where they can spend anytime.

sure and i agree with you...people what quick access to there bitcoin, in turn they what to store it within there reach so it can be used and spent anytime in need.....not necessarily with "bitcoin bank idea"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Storage could be done through a personal wallet or whatever, there is no specific need to go and put it into a bank account to store it and use it later on.

Storing your Bitcoin in a bank would be more like, in my opinion, keeping it in a vault or whatever. Nothing too special and nothing beyond what you would expect to come from a bank and its services.
Activity: 334
November 17, 2016, 02:45:51 AM
Why would I use bank for my bitcoins? I also think that this idea is stupid, and I don`t know how banks are planning to get into bitcoin community. That will be tricky for them, what can they offer to me (or us) to open bitcoin wallet in some bank, pay monthly account maintenance, what can they do for me, that I can`t do myself?
Only one thing fall on my mind and that is high saving rate. I opened some saving calculator and for example best bank in my country offer if I save in my currency 1 000 000 dinars for one year (that is 9 000 dollars) I can earn 90 000 dinars (850 dollars).
If I save in foreign currency, for example dollars, 10 000 dollars for one year will bring me 396 dollars. Which is joke, so how big interest they can offer for bitcoin to I be attracted to save my bitcoins in some bank?

Same sentiments here. What "bitcoin bank" really do? We will deposits our bitcoin to him? Smiley If that happens,the real essence of bitcoin will be lost I think. People wants to hold or store their bitcoin,where they can spend anytime.

sure and i agree with you...people what quick access to there bitcoin, in turn they what to store it within there reach so it can be used and spent anytime in need.....not necessarily with "bitcoin bank idea"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 1568
Merit: 544
November 16, 2016, 08:11:36 PM
In the sense of any wallet owner is a bank, it could easly fit with the idea.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
November 16, 2016, 08:07:59 PM
Not sure everyone agrees on what is meant by 'Bitcoin Bank'

1. A place where you a keep your savings, get a checking account, make/receive electronic payments, get a home car or personal loan.
2. A place to keep business accounts pay wages ect.
3. A currency reserve that can issue 'money' like the USA federal reserve
4. A place that makes loans made out of nothing by use of fractional reserves.

Numbers 1&2 used to be able use gold/silver instead of paper or at least act as an exchange for them. A bank that does this with BTC is mainly what I think of for 'Bitcoin Bank'

Number 3 is what mining is and we do NOT want some Government issuing an extra 4 trillion BTC. They can't if they could it would not really be Bitcoin any more. Kind of like a British pound is not a pound of silver anymore.  

Number 4 is done as margin accounts on some exchanges but short term not 20 yr mortgages

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
November 16, 2016, 08:06:09 PM

basically, I don't agree on idea of Bitcoin bank because it defeats the whole purpose of using Bitcoin in the first place, thus it is against the nature and fundamental idea on what Bitcoin is working and was invented. Bitcoin is sign of freedom and decentralization where as any type of banking idea means again centralization and tough rules and regulations just like traditional ways. further, bitcoin gives power back to the people.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
November 16, 2016, 03:54:12 PM
In order to answer the question of which bank will serve my finances, there is one answer. I wish that the bank was on the user, not the user is a slave to the bank. Here, a simple arithmetic. Who will offer favorable conditions of work, and he will win in the market.

Then you already have given your choice. I do love bitcoin a lot but no matter how corrupt banks are they still are much more established than bitcoin but still the freedom that bitcoin provides is just awesome
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
November 16, 2016, 03:17:41 PM
I totally agree because it makes it easier for me if you want to redeem a bitcoin into local currency..

No need for a Bitcoin bank as there are enough services where you can convert your Bitcoins to fiat and vice versa. And with quite some competition in the market, the fees will become lower and lower.

In order to answer the question of which bank will serve my finances, there is one answer. I wish that the bank was on the user, not the user is a slave to the bank. Here, a simple arithmetic. Who will offer favorable conditions of work, and he will win in the market.

Whatever service you sign up at to store your coins there, you will always be the slave in this whole story. You depend on a third party all the time. If you want to avoid this, then keep your coins in your own control all the time. Forget about nonsense such as Bitcoin banks and other stuff. Bitcoin allows you to be your own bank. Don't store your precious coins elsewhere.
Activity: 195
November 16, 2016, 02:59:49 PM
Activity: 1400
Merit: 468
November 13, 2016, 06:50:13 AM
I totally agree because it makes it easier for me if you want to redeem a bitcoin into local currency..
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
November 13, 2016, 06:19:40 AM
No.
Main idea behind Bitcoin is decentralization.
Banks are highly centralized, and have to follow national and international laws.
Banks also have to pay taxes, employ people etc.
Bitcoin is alternative to this corrupted and centralized system and shouldn't be regulated by any government.
I think that current system is perfect.
People can buy or earn Bitcoin, keep this funds in their wallets or spend, or exchange to their local currencies.
Many merchants in the future will accept bitcoin as payment option, we will have more and more BTC ATM in the future and this progress is great.
I don't think that Bitcoin bank is needed.
Bitcoin should be regulated only by the market and its users.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2016, 05:55:39 AM
I do not agree that there is a "bitcoin bank". Because now there bitcoin wallet which I think has been very good. Perhaps if there bitcoin bank,

there are additional costs so there is no difference with other commercial banks. Additionally bitcoin does not have a form that may not be

suitable if made bitcoin bank.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
November 13, 2016, 05:18:11 AM
I don't see the big problem of being pro-bitcoin and being pro-bitcoin-bank at the same time. Ultimately it's all about freedom and having choices.

Of course, people have the freedom to choose whatever they do, and wherever they put their coins. But I am mainly referring to people that praise Bitcoin because it's decentral, allows them to avoid dealing with banks since they can have full control over their coins, that they hate banks, and all that. These same people are opting for a so called Bitcoin bank as it will allow them to earn interest, get some sort of fake security just because they think it's a bank, while in fact it's not, etc.

They say to love the decentralized aspect of Bitcoin, but put that exact feature to waste when they proceed with making use of a "Bitcoin bank". In that regard, these people are either lying, have changed from opinion, or don't know what nonsense they are talking.

But if you want to not take care of the bitcoin yourself and deposit it in a 3rd party that says will take care of them for you, then let those people have that choice as well.

People can do whatever they want, but they shouldn't praise Bitcoin for being decentralized, and after that like the idea of a so called Bitcoin bank because they can store money there in return for interest. If they directly say that they like such an initiative, which I find to be a wrong move, but in this case that doesn't matter, then it's their choice and there won't be a problem at all as they are honest in what they want and look for.

As long as we can be our own bank, who cares if bitcoin banks exist.

Right, we can be our bank, so in that regard, there is no need for a service acting as a Bitcoin bank.

Again, I am referring to people that love the decentral aspect of Bitcoin and dislike banks for the fact that they play boss over people, and not about people that are direct and open about them liking the idea of a Bitcoin bank.
Activity: 364
November 12, 2016, 07:24:23 PM
I see some talk about it here, but I do not see any solid ideas in which it could benefit someone.  Bitcoin bank would be good for some people and not for others.  For those who have 1BTC or more in the bank, they could be making an interest rate based on the money they have in savings, but you never know.

If they can give some interest to you, they will use your money for lending and we goes to the same problem: banks don't have money if everyone wants do withdraw at the same time, and that's an beauty thing about bitcoin, you are your own wallet. Every investment is a risky, just make a paper wallet and hold your bitcoin in a safe place.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
November 12, 2016, 05:33:12 PM
I see some talk about it here, but I do not see any solid ideas in which it could benefit someone.  Bitcoin bank would be good for some people and not for others.  For those who have 1BTC or more in the bank, they could be making an interest rate based on the money they have in savings, but you never know.

The point is that Bitcoin allows you to be your own bank. And yes, Bitcoin doesn't give you any interest since it isn't a POS coin, but the good future that Bitcoin has, could boost the price significantly in the future. In that way, your coins increase in value which no one wil ever complain about. Why would anyone take the risk of storing their coins in a place where people don't know what's happening with their coins? It's absurd to say the least.
Jump to: