Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 106. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Massive price drop coming...
November 12, 2016, 05:24:48 PM

I do not agree because going to elaborate on the process of withdrawal, and withdrawal would be costly, not to mention the problems in the banking license which requires a perfectly legal identity. so really disagree Smiley
Well for me giving my identity is not my problem i do not have plan to scam to someone since you are just depositing and withdrawing  you can be still anonymous online after you depositing you can use bitcoin mixer to transfer your money without tracing it..
So I agree for bitcoin banks.. it is more easy to withdraw in deposit or buy bitcoin without any 3rd party exchange site..
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
November 12, 2016, 04:24:09 PM
I see some talk about it here, but I do not see any solid ideas in which it could benefit someone.  Bitcoin bank would be good for some people and not for others.  For those who have 1BTC or more in the bank, they could be making an interest rate based on the money they have in savings, but you never know.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
November 12, 2016, 03:08:00 PM

I do not agree because going to elaborate on the process of withdrawal, and withdrawal would be costly, not to mention the problems in the banking license which requires a perfectly legal identity. so really disagree Smiley
Activity: 630
November 12, 2016, 03:03:30 PM
Those peoople are interested into get some kind of interest on their bitcoins, something we can get with lending at poloniex, besides that i dont see any advantage into let my bitcoin under the control of banks, bitcoin its freedom, if people let the coins into a bank, bitcoin will be useless.
You are right, bitcoin is freedom and we are decentralized while bank are centralized. It's hard to consolidate the two as one should be inferior and I believe we are inferior when it comes to transaction online. We should fight for our freedom as we do not need bank because we can do banking here in the blockchain.

In our world, there's no one controlling us and we can continue to be anonymous as long as we want.

I agree and I do not think that we need a bank because its honestly not needed, the bitcoin is already doing well and why would be need a bank for what if I may ask ??
yes i also agree with you, but to me may be in future we feel the need of bitcoin banks, when the users of bitcoin will increase too much and we also feel the need to have ATM machines in public places and in market so that people can get benefit from it on the spot.
i am not agree with this statement, i think bitcoin never need any bank as bitcoin wallets are too good for it, as we have a very easy access to bitcoin through our wallets, so that is enough for us and we should not put our self in such complicated activities.
Activity: 588
November 12, 2016, 02:59:40 PM
Those peoople are interested into get some kind of interest on their bitcoins, something we can get with lending at poloniex, besides that i dont see any advantage into let my bitcoin under the control of banks, bitcoin its freedom, if people let the coins into a bank, bitcoin will be useless.
You are right, bitcoin is freedom and we are decentralized while bank are centralized. It's hard to consolidate the two as one should be inferior and I believe we are inferior when it comes to transaction online. We should fight for our freedom as we do not need bank because we can do banking here in the blockchain.

In our world, there's no one controlling us and we can continue to be anonymous as long as we want.

I agree and I do not think that we need a bank because its honestly not needed, the bitcoin is already doing well and why would be need a bank for what if I may ask ??
yes i also agree with you, but to me may be in future we feel the need of bitcoin banks, when the users of bitcoin will increase too much and we also feel the need to have ATM machines in public places and in market so that people can get benefit from it on the spot.
Activity: 42
November 12, 2016, 01:12:35 PM

We indeed do not need one at all, its already going well with the bitcoin and due to that I think its not needed for us..
We just have the wallets and that is already good enough!
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
November 12, 2016, 12:55:11 PM
I think Bitcoin was created to go against these big banks centralisation and it gives power back to the people

That's exactly the case. It's funny how a lot people say that they hate banks because they can't control their money, but when it comes to a Bitcoin bank, which is nothing official or whatever, people think it's a great thing. They can earn interest, it can boost the adoption, etc. All nonsense that only noobs believe in.

why would I need to trust someone with my Bitcoin if I can easily keep it safe by myself in my wallet.

The best thing is, you don't have to trust anyone. Grin It's you that is in control over every aspect of your financial situation, and not a greedy bank that is gambling with your savings on the financial markets. If they gain immensely high profits, you don't get a dime. If they mess up big time, you get to pay the bill. Criminals!!

I can move money to any part of the world in 10 mins once I have access to internet

Actually, you can transfer money to anywhere in the world instantly with Bitcoin. It's just the confirmation time that may take you some time to wait.

I don't see the big problem of being pro-bitcoin and being pro-bitcoin-bank at the same time. Ultimately it's all about freedom and having choices. If you have bitcoin, you are free to kept them yourself. But if you want to not take care of the bitcoin yourself and deposit it in a 3rd party that says will take care of them for you, then let those people have that choice as well. As long as we can be our own bank, who cares if bitcoin banks exist.
There is a usage for bitcoin banks if they this is release in the future it can be build more trust by people.. you know some people don't know about bitcoin and they dont know how to deposit or withdraw bitcoin so if we have a bank it can help to build trust and to increase the popularity of bitcoin there is no case if bitcoin banks exist..
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
November 12, 2016, 12:45:47 PM
I think Bitcoin was created to go against these big banks centralisation and it gives power back to the people

That's exactly the case. It's funny how a lot people say that they hate banks because they can't control their money, but when it comes to a Bitcoin bank, which is nothing official or whatever, people think it's a great thing. They can earn interest, it can boost the adoption, etc. All nonsense that only noobs believe in.

why would I need to trust someone with my Bitcoin if I can easily keep it safe by myself in my wallet.

The best thing is, you don't have to trust anyone. Grin It's you that is in control over every aspect of your financial situation, and not a greedy bank that is gambling with your savings on the financial markets. If they gain immensely high profits, you don't get a dime. If they mess up big time, you get to pay the bill. Criminals!!

I can move money to any part of the world in 10 mins once I have access to internet

Actually, you can transfer money to anywhere in the world instantly with Bitcoin. It's just the confirmation time that may take you some time to wait.

I don't see the big problem of being pro-bitcoin and being pro-bitcoin-bank at the same time. Ultimately it's all about freedom and having choices. If you have bitcoin, you are free to kept them yourself. But if you want to not take care of the bitcoin yourself and deposit it in a 3rd party that says will take care of them for you, then let those people have that choice as well. As long as we can be our own bank, who cares if bitcoin banks exist.
Activity: 700
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 12, 2016, 08:15:38 AM
Bitcoin bank will simply mean centralized bitcoin wallet just like coinbase and xapo which we already have and many have faced several limitations and account frozen in past from them. So i don't think bitcoin bank is needed by bitcoin community.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
November 12, 2016, 06:49:43 AM

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 12, 2016, 06:36:43 AM

no need for you does not mean useless for others, it's possible someone is more interested in saving bitcoin them in the bank because they think could benefit from interest
Activity: 630
November 12, 2016, 06:24:16 AM
I think Bitcoin was created to go against these big banks centralisation and it gives power back to the people, why would I need to trust someone with my Bitcoin if I can easily keep it safe by myself in my wallet. I just can't comprehend the idea. I can move money to any part of the world in 10 mins once I have access to internet so do I still need to trust someone to do this for me.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 12, 2016, 05:12:30 AM
I won't support this idea, simply because bitcoin has already many place to be put on and that is bitcoin wallet, 3rd party wallets. In my own opinion you dont have to make a tangible thing for a non-tangible one. So a non-tangble bitcoin is good for a non-tangible wallet. Good bye and let's not welcome bitcoin banks.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
November 12, 2016, 05:01:17 AM

Exactly, How can we store a certain asset that can be a 0 value for the next few years. Plus what would be the purpose of the wallets then? Wallets is obviously to be considered as a form of bank in a digital currency world else you were trying to go a wrong way of doing things (eg. do you agree of a cloud banking system? or shall we say putting your fiat into cloud which is crazy)
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
November 12, 2016, 02:37:45 AM

What if the banks bring it to another level. With the same level as fiat currency. And if it is like paper money we all know and love, that we can buy things with it in every store we see. Or pay for anything we need. Will it change you mind? What if Bitcoin banks will do this for you, will you agree with a bitcoin bank?
Activity: 36
November 10, 2016, 10:54:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
November 10, 2016, 09:59:22 PM

Activity: 756
November 10, 2016, 08:00:00 PM
Activity: 756
November 10, 2016, 07:52:31 PM
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
November 10, 2016, 06:12:15 PM
I don't understand how would someone agree with this idea. Bitcoin is born with the intent to be a decentralized currency not controlled by the banks and this is just against its philosophy. Maybe these people are just looking for some earnings with the interests.

In my opinion the most important concept behind the Bitcoin is to be the "bank of myself"
It's only this bank we do not have enough. I just do not understand, too, why you need to do it. Perhaps we want to convince that it is good and that it is necessary, but the end result is complete control over the operations and users of bitcoin.
Jump to: