Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 110. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 01, 2016, 04:35:13 PM
We can't know if banks will disappear or not, but what we know is it will make a huge impact on them once bitcoin becomes ore mainstream, and the only way they can deal with not ending up like kodak is by accepting bitcoin and offering ways to store it for those that dont want to store it themselves.

Mainstream? Bitcoin is a joke right now in a lot of aspects, marketcap, usage, a lot of people trying to scam each other using the coin... Well, the truth is bitcoin users are on a bubble, it will be hard af to become mainstream.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
November 01, 2016, 02:57:55 PM
Banks wont go anyway further the place they are right now, bitcoin has no skills to make loans for a long period, neither be able to allow to earn 1-3% monthly, even knowing bitcoin its very volatil. I do understand that bitcoin bank might allow people to earn those interest, but the thing is it will put several bitcoins into one place, and hackers will try to get acess to them, they already crossed the walls from banks more then once, soo i would avoid it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
November 01, 2016, 02:33:25 PM
We can't know if banks will disappear or not, but what we know is it will make a huge impact on them once bitcoin becomes ore mainstream, and the only way they can deal with not ending up like kodak is by accepting bitcoin and offering ways to store it for those that dont want to store it themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
November 01, 2016, 01:57:20 PM
I definitely don't want a central bank of bitcoin. But if my bank does my bill pay with bitcoin instead of ACH good for them.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 01, 2016, 01:49:55 PM
I don't care with bitcoin bank and Webster service let other launch in regarding with bitcoin because i will use pinky blockchain wallet and that's enough to satisfy my needs of bitcoin world. I don't really trust anyone else in bitcoin world as i ahd list money in SCAM schemes so let me stay happy with blockchain wallets that's it
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 01, 2016, 01:47:31 PM
No because bitcoin is safe and secure with itself whenever 3rd party comes in between then only there is more chances of losing money because of scam policy. We had encountered many examples like exchange site ran away, wallet account blocked and what ever. So i think bottom bank will make the cryptocurrency more vulnerable to hacks and money laundering.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
November 01, 2016, 01:45:31 PM
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.
i think with or without Bitcoin Bank it's no important because bitcoin is still running
I think there is an effect if there is a bitcoin bank that can build more trust by many people because some people are not trusting online investment so banks for every country can help build trust by many people..
Activity: 602
November 01, 2016, 01:43:32 PM
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.
i think with or without Bitcoin Bank it's no important because bitcoin is still running
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
November 01, 2016, 01:41:41 PM
perhaps with bitcoin bank, we are so much easier to redeem bitcoin we have. I think if bitcoin bank has been there, maybe a credit card for bitcoin is also made, so that you can redeem bitcoin do you have in atm which have the logo bitcoin. Well it would be very cool

I also think that it would be very cool to have Bitcoin credit card. Debit cards are well known and accepted by now but credit card would be realy something revolutionary.I'm sure lot of bitcoiners would love that. But without some kind institution like Bitcoin bank I don't think that is possible.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
November 01, 2016, 01:33:01 PM
perhaps with bitcoin bank, we are so much easier to redeem bitcoin we have. I think if bitcoin bank has been there, maybe a credit card for bitcoin is also made, so that you can redeem bitcoin do you have in atm which have the logo bitcoin. Well it would be very cool
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
November 01, 2016, 11:45:46 AM
I do like to be my own bank and those 1% i can get doing trading, or even at sports betting, i dont see the purpose to risk my coins into a bank and get my money over control of someone else, makes no sense let the freedom to go jail once again.
I think it's up to you. it means that you prefer to decentralization for complete control over you. but of course there are some people who also like to invest and save, they do not think with third parties at risk
this is true in some of us who believes that they can control better with their btc they won't support btc bank but for those who see the possibility
of making it safe in this way they will allow to have a center bank for their btc its about assessment and beliefs.
Activity: 476
November 01, 2016, 11:15:19 AM
I do like to be my own bank and those 1% i can get doing trading, or even at sports betting, i dont see the purpose to risk my coins into a bank and get my money over control of someone else, makes no sense let the freedom to go jail once again.
I think it's up to you. it means that you prefer to decentralization for complete control over you. but of course there are some people who also like to invest and save, they do not think with third parties at risk
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
November 01, 2016, 11:04:37 AM
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
November 01, 2016, 10:28:11 AM
if they offer interest , might be ok

otherwise useless

Why, are you happy with your bank's interest on your deposit? Usually, they give below 1% per year. Satisfied with that? So whats the point of having interest here if there would be a bitcoin bank?

It's not a problem for those who have a lot of money and want to get a very big security. So for me he has more comfortable using the bank than he wanted because maybe bitcoin get guaranteed security and will be the compensation if he lost his money on the tube or deposited. So, this all was born because one's mindset is different, so if we disagree then see the advantages and disadvantages of each then it would be a very good thing and does not cause hostility

There was no hostility intended here. But I would like to see his point in convincing one's self that interest on bitcoin bank would be the determinant for them to agree with a bitcoin bank. If a financial institution intends to make a Bitcoin bank, then they cannot offer really high interest on deposits. If they do give out high interest rate, then they would turn to ponzi scams. I hope you guys see my point here.
Activity: 756
Merit: 520
November 01, 2016, 09:58:17 AM

otherwise useless

Why, are you happy with your bank's interest on your deposit? Usually, they give below 1% per year. Satisfied with that? So whats the point of having interest here if there would be a bitcoin bank?

It's not a problem for those who have a lot of money and want to get a very big security. So for me he has more comfortable using the bank than he wanted because maybe bitcoin get guaranteed security and will be the compensation if he lost his money on the tube or deposited. So, this all was born because one's mindset is different, so if we disagree then see the advantages and disadvantages of each then it would be a very good thing and does not cause hostility
November 01, 2016, 09:39:42 AM

otherwise useless

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 01, 2016, 06:37:20 AM
I'm my own bitcoin bank... and "interest" can be accrued from lending, but that would mean you leaving all your bitcoin in exchange.. essentially a bank..  Roll Eyes
Activity: 966
Merit: 587
November 01, 2016, 05:26:28 AM
balance risk
Activity: 493
Merit: 504
November 01, 2016, 05:26:07 AM

otherwise useless
November 01, 2016, 02:59:39 AM
Banks can loan out more, because a large part of the loaned money will be added to a bank account, creating a reserve for a new loan by the receiving bank.

Even if the borrower spends all the money, the shop where it's spent, will likely deposit their income in a bank account.
yeah i think bitcoin bank will provide new innovations in bitcoin. you not only can save your bitcoin but you can also earn a profit from the interest and other innovations you can easily borrow or lending bitcoin in the bitcoin bank, (if you meet the criteria) of course it is a good idea? I think bitcoin bank is not too bad

What if they run, like Mt. Gox. The very nature of Bitcoin is decentralization, having a bank would make it centralized like real money is. Also, Bitcoin can easily be transferred, and the transaction cannot be reversed. So in the event, it gets stolen, or the bank runs what do the depositors do? No government will enforce your right over that stolen money.
Jump to: