Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 113. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 879
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
October 28, 2016, 04:54:24 PM
Its such ideas that might BRING the legendary SATOSHI to speak against this...honestly bitcoin was created to avoid all the unnecessary fees you undergo using banking services
HELL NO TO A BANK
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
October 28, 2016, 04:47:28 PM
I very much agree with everything about bitcoin development, especially if it's a bitcoin bank. although I do not quite understand the function of it, but I believe it will make bitcoin increasingly popular and trusted among the community, and I also believe that it will improve people's curiosity about bitcoin
It will increase adoption and popularity no doubt about that but it will kill the spirit, the idea of what bitcoin is, that is why we must not use those services since it goes against everything that bitcoin stands for.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 28, 2016, 04:05:50 AM
I really do not agree with the idea of the bitcoin bank unless and until it is being started by a trusted corporate or any big agency. Trust is the main factor behind the idea. If any unknown company starts this, they may scam you and run away with your bitcoin holdings.

Also if you are keeping your bitcoin in a bitcoin bank, then you will have to disclose your bitcoin holding to the government and they will start taxing you. So for the betterment of the bitcoin fraternity, keep your identity secret and use secret wallet.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
October 27, 2016, 10:45:44 PM
No, why would you even need a bitcoin bank in the first place? You're your own bank.
I think using bitcoin bank function is not only to save bitcoin course as you did with bitcoin wallet, but there are many other advantages in bitcoin bank?
as you can benefit by earning interest on bitcoin you save in the bank and of course it is different when you use bitcoin wallet right ?

why would a bank give you interest rates? with real money they want this because they do not to have the money they lend you. they make it up. with bitcoin they would need to have it as they can not make it up. so they would have to invest your bitcoin at a better rate then they offering you. also what about the risk if this fails? if i want to risk my coin in an investment i also would like to pick myself where i invest.   
I think there are some advantage if we use butcoin bank, example : bitcoin bank will give you guarantee of security. So we do not need to worry about hacker threat, may be bank will offering an investment that can grow your money becouse if bank have big capital they can do somethimg big. Yeah thats it. But if the bitcoin bank is a formal bank that recognized by goverment it is mean that we have to pay tax.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
October 27, 2016, 04:52:54 PM
I do not agree, as hopefully the majority of people here. That idea is just silly, I don't see its interest.
Activity: 672
October 27, 2016, 04:25:10 PM
In my point of view we don't need to use bitcoin bank in function, because bank use to store our balance and then we usually use bitcoin wallet to store our bitcoin. Both of these have a same function and I think it is not too efficient to use both of these at the same time.
We can keep our bitcoin in popular bitcoin wallet such as blockchain, xapo, coin base, bit-x and other else, to make us stay believe that it is secure enough.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 624
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
October 27, 2016, 02:18:55 PM
I very much agree with everything about bitcoin development, especially if it's a bitcoin bank. although I do not quite understand the function of it, but I believe it will make bitcoin increasingly popular and trusted among the community, and I also believe that it will improve people's curiosity about bitcoin

I agree with the idea of bitcoin development and popularising. However the idea of bitcoin bank is against the idea of bitcoin itself. The banks are centralized while bitcoin is not. Bitcoin is anonymous while bank accounts are not.

In other words bitcoin and bank are two separate entities. They cannot be taken together.
If there is a bitcoin bank build in every each country we can not need those local banks to increase and save our money since we are bitcoin banks to save our bitcoin.. and we can withdraw our bitcoin anytime..
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
October 27, 2016, 02:03:37 PM

I agree with the idea of bitcoin development and popularising. However the idea of bitcoin bank is against the idea of bitcoin itself. The banks are centralized while bitcoin is not. Bitcoin is anonymous while bank accounts are not.

In other words bitcoin and bank are two separate entities. They cannot be taken together.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
October 27, 2016, 01:54:07 PM
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
October 27, 2016, 01:30:31 PM
I dont see the point in a bitcoin bank, surly it is not going to be that hard in the future to secure your own bitcoin via apps, and be your own bank, also banks cant be trusted they will start to loan more bitcoin than they have in store and then will be back to square one.
But if you use a third party app on top of bitcoin in order to secure your coins then that is basically a bank, securing your coins right now is not that hard by following some simple principles.
yeah that banks are third parties who may be in the trust, you can not assume they are not reliable just because they lend money or bitcoin to someone? because that's how they make a profit? certainly they have certain criteria for borrowers, so they do not carelessly give a loan to someone,

This is not about whether they are trustable and reliable but about the necessity of trusting and rely on them at all, with bitcoin you don’t need to do it that’s the whole point.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
October 27, 2016, 09:55:19 AM
I don't think we need bitcoin bank i feel more secure with bitcoin wallet, and i feel my privacy is more protected using bitcoin and also i can have full control of my money in my wallet,so i think bitcoin bank is a stupid idea and it is not suitable for bitcoin user

We can't anything about if the government is the one that will implement this type of service. But majority of the people here doesn't want this to happen.

And we are already contented that bitcoin is decentralized and no one is controlling it and if we are thinking about security, it is already secured.

The banks will just going to make it more complicated if they will enter the scene.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
October 27, 2016, 09:23:48 AM
I don't think that their will be a bitcoin bank any time soon, Why? Because a banks way to earn money is about lending loans, I don't know anyone who will want to loan a highly volatile currency and also not everyone accepts bitcoin yet. Also as mentioned the volatility will make Banks change their interest frequently. And why have a bank when you can have a lending business as well.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
October 27, 2016, 04:03:39 AM
No, why would you even need a bitcoin bank in the first place? You're your own bank.
I think using bitcoin bank function is not only to save bitcoin course as you did with bitcoin wallet, but there are many other advantages in bitcoin bank?
as you can benefit by earning interest on bitcoin you save in the bank and of course it is different when you use bitcoin wallet right ?

why would a bank give you interest rates? with real money they want this because they do not to have the money they lend you. they make it up. with bitcoin they would need to have it as they can not make it up. so they would have to invest your bitcoin at a better rate then they offering you. also what about the risk if this fails? if i want to risk my coin in an investment i also would like to pick myself where i invest.   
Activity: 658
October 27, 2016, 01:47:12 AM
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
October 27, 2016, 12:38:21 AM
I don't think we need bitcoin bank i feel more secure with bitcoin wallet, and i feel my privacy is more protected using bitcoin and also i can have full control of my money in my wallet,so i think bitcoin bank is a stupid idea and it is not suitable for bitcoin user
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
October 26, 2016, 10:30:51 PM
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.

But if you are really into security but for me its okay but im not using it
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
October 26, 2016, 10:29:56 PM
Bitcoin should remain decentralized.  There's no need for bitcoin banks.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
October 26, 2016, 10:21:42 PM
yes I totally agree with the idea of ​​bitcoin bank. bitcoin bank will create increased market confidence and also better than safety issues. with their bitcoin bank then increases public confidence will increase.
And who will do that for us, we are in the crypto world and everything here are anonymous so we cannot say that it will give people the confidence. If that is the case then the bank will just build there own blockchain sine they are the original in the concept of centralized banking.

Bitcoin is decentralized and that's what attracts people why they invested and use the system, we want freedom why we are here..
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
October 26, 2016, 09:48:02 PM
If you make bitcoin a bank, sooner or later, there will be people who exploit the use of bitcoin bank and will start charging fees for everything, just like a regular bank does.  Where does this leave us?

Exactly this is what will happen if that 'bitcoin bank' tries to operate instead that we are already happy now because every transactions are very cheap then when banks adopted bitcoin, then for sure hope that they won't charge you very high fees but it is impossible as we know banks are making profit for charging their customers with very unusual fees.
It comes down to the individual to decide whether or not they want to pay the fees that come with storing their funds in a bank, and if the banks justify themselves enough then there is definitely the potential for a lot of people to deposit their funds into one. It likely wouldn't be any sort of obligation to have a good portion of your funds in a bank for any reason, but there might be some people interested in exploiting the security offered by a bank (typically speaking).
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
October 26, 2016, 09:21:40 PM
yes I totally agree with the idea of ​​bitcoin bank. bitcoin bank will create increased market confidence and also better than safety issues. with their bitcoin bank then increases public confidence will increase.
Jump to: