Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 124. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 18, 2016, 07:16:16 PM
No I dont agree, but I think it will be inevitable as people are too stupid to be responsible with their money , so they will need a 3rd party to hold them for them.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
October 18, 2016, 04:21:00 PM
No. I don't see how a regular bank is any different from something named Bitcoin bank. In both cases you have no control over your money. I at all times will make sure I am the only person holding my coins. The only exception is when I am trading and when I mix my coins. Other than that, my coins are always in my full ownership.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
October 18, 2016, 04:13:45 PM
yea i also dont really like banks of bitcoin becausee i think that it will be mafia bank
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
October 18, 2016, 04:04:34 PM
i think i have said it many times but i do it again. people are dumb, lazy and ignorant. they prefer to be taken care for even if it will cost them some money. and also there are other people who will take gladly your money without hesitation. those types will always find together and even if i do not like the idea of bitcoin banks it will happen.
Activity: 92
October 18, 2016, 03:55:08 PM
I dont know i want first see how that bank will look like i mean big fees on loan or low i dont want mafia bank system.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 18, 2016, 03:52:37 PM
No it's not a good idea, bitcoin is itself secure if any third party get involved in bitcoin then it crevices insecure. Because there is no personal data stored while using bitcoin. And establishing bank will make the image of bitcoin worst.
Activity: 163
Will add something
October 18, 2016, 03:22:52 PM
Yes we agree with that,If people agree with that why not ?I love this Idea.
Activity: 168
I Love CryptoDAO.com
October 18, 2016, 03:19:03 PM
Yes,I want it.Its not a bad idea at all,may be we all will be centralized at one center.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
October 18, 2016, 02:46:29 PM
i find it difficult to accept this idea. Why must we have "bitcoin banks" system ? this is ridiculous. Bitcoin itself is the most secure currencies which is developed and protected by the blockchain. Of course, we can consider Blockchain as a bank which keeping bitcoin alive and move from this place to another place. Bitcoin now are being used anonymously so i think it will be very dumb to deposit bitcoin to bank. They will know all your information and you may have to pay fee of using bitcoin
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
October 18, 2016, 02:24:14 PM
No way we dont need those, we do have already our own banks, where we control everything we do with our money, makes no sense to ask for such thing when people is looking for freedom.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
October 18, 2016, 02:12:49 PM
If people want Bitcoin banks, why not? The market will dictate if they find useful that third parties (once again) hold their money because they don't see responsible enough to hold it themselves. While it defeats the point of Bitcoin (being your own bank) who cares if someone runs such business as long as the protocol stays solid and the network nodes decentralized?
Activity: 238
it's showtime
October 18, 2016, 02:08:32 PM
What is a bitcoin bank?
An exchange?
Actually every wallet is a bank, the all system is a bank...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
October 18, 2016, 02:06:18 PM
Bitcoin Bank the idea is good, but this plan will not work out. If you want work out, this idea means the first thing you need that your government will accept Bitcoin as a legal currency. First, solve this problem after words we can discuss Bitcoin Bank. Till that, this is a unnesssory discussion.  
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
October 18, 2016, 02:00:45 PM
I don't agree on idea of Bitcoin bank because it is against the nature and fundamental idea on what Bitcoin is working and was invented. Bitcoin is sign of freedom and decentralization where as any type of banking idea means again centralization and tough rules and regulations just like traditional ways. I will not use such services as long as will be possible to avoid them.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
October 18, 2016, 01:54:46 PM
I would prefer using a bitcoin bank just like I use coinbase and Xapo and my other offline banks. But if it restricts my use of bitcoins and keeps asking for information about my transactions, I wouldn't prefer that as my banks too never demand such information. Also, I don't see anything wrong in a bitcoin bank if it pays interest for holding coins just like other banks. It would be beneficial for those who just hold coins and don't want to spend them.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
October 18, 2016, 01:47:46 PM
Bitcoin is too volatile in price to be used in a traditional banking institution. A loan valued at $100 could be worth $85 tomorrow morning or $125 the day after. Also there is a difference in how a bank and an exchange function and it's like comparing apples to oranges here. If banks issue Bitcoin debit and credit cards tied to the daily value it could work, but issuing coins outright not so much because there will be no control over the value in the future.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
October 18, 2016, 01:29:08 PM
Yes, I agree with the idea of bitcoin bank as far as all core features of bitcoin are not going to affect. Bank is such an institution which facilitates the flow of funds on larger level and in organized manner so I think bitcoin bank would push the potential of bitcoin on next level everything work out in right manner. It will make the bitcoin more productive and accessible to everyone in organized manner. I support the idea of bitcoin bank.
Activity: 114
Merit: 11
October 18, 2016, 01:22:56 PM
After all, crypto currencies, especially Bitcoin is highly decentralized to have your own bank. Well, we call it hardware wallet. People are using online wallets like coinbase because they're too lazy to have their own hardware wallets. Otherwise, I'm not favourable to centralize the crypto currency. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
October 18, 2016, 01:16:58 PM
no i do not i think bitcoin banks will bring so much of lazyness and more than that curroption in the network i really hate how banks work and i also hate that some bitcoin wallets like xapo and zebpay wallets have adapted those techniques to run their busnesses i havmte them but i know by this single technique banks have ruled more than 500years on every country
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
October 18, 2016, 01:08:48 PM
It's simply impossible , "Bitcoin bank" defeats the whole purpose of using Bitcoin in the first place. Banks wants to take control over customers accounts (including the fees and interest rates) and freeze them whenever they feel like it while Bitcoin is totally the opposite.
Services that control your private keys could be considered as Bitcoin banks as well and shouldn't be used (this apply for both debit card services and "wallets/exchanges")
Jump to: