Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 57. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
February 27, 2017, 10:08:40 AM
The ideology of Bitcoin and other altcoins is to no be dependent of the banks and theirs regulations. So a bank dealing with bitcoin is giving them the freedom Bitcoin promote. A bank 100% bitcoin yes why not, depending who is behind this bank. Banks won't change their mind and their behavior for the benefits of their customers. And this days banks are really good to hide their ass behind others companies. When you see they are able to invent some big scheme, creating a dozen of companies to hide their activities, it could be very hard to trust a 100% bitcoin bank
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
February 27, 2017, 09:50:08 AM
Decentralization is one of the best assets of Bitcoin and if we do something like that there will come a time that decentralization may be gone. I don't want any banks holding up my money, it is not that much but I don't really need someone holding my money.
True, the whole idea of using bitcoin is controlling your own money and being your own bank, and making a bank for bitcoin is really a waste of resources, why bother putting your money in a bank when you deposit it for free on an online wallet.

If people want to make something good for cryptocurrencies that have to start with making it a payment method that is better.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
February 27, 2017, 09:31:25 AM
True, when the existence of the bitcoin bank then many rules applied. Bitcoin looks like fiat money that cannot be used freely. After the bitcoin bank applied all wallet should verify with the original identity. It is dangerous because it will make the user go.

It doesn't matter what rules you are subject to. In case of you making use of a wallet service that happens to call itself a Bitcoin bank, and they prevent you from sending coins to a certain service or entity (like regular banks do in some cases), then it's clear that you immediately should withdraw your coins and ditch that service for ever. Other thing is that (which is also the case with coins you withdraw from exchanges) they "mark" your coins with your own personal information. If they want, they can follow where you are spending your coins, to what other addresses you send your coins to, whether or not you are gambling, etc. It's precious information that is worth a lot money. That's why it's important to mix your coins before you send them to your cold wallets, or when you just spend them.
Activity: 238
February 27, 2017, 06:27:55 AM
I think this bitcoin bank will be a good idea for long term basis because if we have a bank then it will be an attractive idea to save bitcoin and like the traditional banks of fiat, we can use those stored bitcoins to give loans to other and also get interests with our deposits. I hope this bitcoin bank idea will be establish in the future Grin.

I don't think so, Decentralization is one of the best assets of Bitcoin and if we do something like that there will come a time that decentralization may be gone. I don't want any banks holding up my money, it is not that much but I don't really need someone holding my money.

me also , it doesn't seem appropriate if bitcoin will be somewhat like banks , we will still want the way it is now that we can access it easily ,and make it sure that its secured.
Bitcoin will lose a lot of advantages when only appear bitcoin bank. He will be forced to work and cooperate with the state and its institutions. So I do not think that bitcoin bank idea is good enough.

True, when the existence of the bitcoin bank then many rules applied. Bitcoin looks like fiat money that cannot be used freely. After the bitcoin bank applied all wallet should verify with the original identity. It is dangerous because it will make the user go.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 27, 2017, 05:59:17 AM
Once dealt with the real banks and their system, you will not want to trust anyone else. What will be different "bitcoin bank" from those that now is not clear. Perhaps the word "bank" is alarming, but still, the financiers are special people. Still, what currency they celebrate.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
February 27, 2017, 03:26:45 AM
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.
Since most of the my friends are saying g that it I'd not a good idea . Because idea of bitcoin bank will steal the job of many bitcoin traders who are making only buy and sell of bitcoin  only .
But in my opinion it is a good idea because through these we can make  deals with much ease and also it will be good thing for newbie to make deals with bitcoin .
Activity: 476
February 27, 2017, 03:13:47 AM
I think this bitcoin bank will be a good idea for long term basis because if we have a bank then it will be an attractive idea to save bitcoin and like the traditional banks of fiat, we can use those stored bitcoins to give loans to other and also get interests with our deposits. I hope this bitcoin bank idea will be establish in the future Grin.

I don't think so, Decentralization is one of the best assets of Bitcoin and if we do something like that there will come a time that decentralization may be gone. I don't want any banks holding up my money, it is not that much but I don't really need someone holding my money.

me also , it doesn't seem appropriate if bitcoin will be somewhat like banks , we will still want the way it is now that we can access it easily ,and make it sure that its secured.
Bitcoin will lose a lot of advantages when only appear bitcoin bank. He will be forced to work and cooperate with the state and its institutions. So I do not think that bitcoin bank idea is good enough.
yeah because with the bitcoin bank then things like anonymous and decentralization where it is the most important thing in bitcoin will be lost? but it is up to each user their own to use it or not
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
February 27, 2017, 02:42:10 AM
if there is any bitcoin bank is available, then i think the system will not the same as traditional bank that we know, because bitcoin itself have different technology with the bank, so if the government or anyone wants to create bitcoin bank, i think they need to learn about blockchain technology and they need to apply or integrated with the bank system so maybe we can see that bitcoin bank will work good.
Activity: 114
February 27, 2017, 02:36:09 AM

I opted for the need of bitcoin bank. As stated above it comes under some central authority which should not happen. I expect a bank similar to a support center, because only through that its possible to reach the public who lack in technology. If the entire public starts using bitcoin then only we can get into mainstream usage which is a must one for future growth.
If bitcoin bank will have more and legal obligations, the user will be very handy. But it is not clear whether such an opportunity to borrow or to lay down deposits in bitcoin bank. How bitcoin bank will be different from ordinary banks.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
February 27, 2017, 02:24:25 AM

I opted for the need of bitcoin bank. As stated above it comes under some central authority which should not happen. I expect a bank similar to a support center, because only through that its possible to reach the public who lack in technology. If the entire public starts using bitcoin then only we can get into mainstream usage which is a must one for future growth.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
February 27, 2017, 02:22:09 AM

I guess you have to define what bitcoin bank is first, bank is always good as it will protect the deposits of the people. If this bank will require us to give our real information before opening an account, I guess there is no difference with real bank in the physical world.
Bitcoin bank is something that will serve us anytime and most likely it is just a bitcoin wallet provider or exchanges similar to what we are using now.
Activity: 121
February 27, 2017, 02:19:48 AM

I found it dangerous to deposit my bitcoin in a bank. Even exchanges securities are not safe from hackers, I'd rather keep it in my cold storage than moving my funds to banks. I am contented with the price movement and I think that's enough interest to me.

I think it's a long way to go before the realization of this bitcoin banks. Most of the first ones to open might need to be improved first before it can be entrusted with our bitcoin.
Bitcoin banks have a lot of risks for the user. It will not be very different from Bitfinex, and at the same time, we have already seen, and who had already felt the loss on the exchange. No one wants to risk nothing.
Activity: 118
February 27, 2017, 01:47:20 AM

Activity: 266
February 25, 2017, 03:37:41 AM

I found it dangerous to deposit my bitcoin in a bank. Even exchanges securities are not safe from hackers, I'd rather keep it in my cold storage than moving my funds to banks. I am contented with the price movement and I think that's enough interest to me.

I think it's a long way to go before the realization of this bitcoin banks. Most of the first ones to open might need to be improved first before it can be entrusted with our bitcoin.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
February 25, 2017, 03:37:31 AM

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
February 25, 2017, 03:30:04 AM

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
February 25, 2017, 03:22:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 25, 2017, 03:12:19 AM

Yes, I do agree with the bitcoin bank. Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular every day. Think about it, what is the best thing to do with your bitcoin is to place it into banks to make it grow. You deposit into a bitcoin banks with low interest. It's not bad. It's a good idea to have a bitcoin banks nowadays.

Isn't our wallet the best alternative to it? you don't need to pay a visit to banks just to confirm your transactions, and the time is your best friend when it comes to interest...

All I want if a bitcoin bank is established are the loans, and other things the real life banks offered... If they can't offer those, they better close, or better yet, just name their company as exchange and not a bank...  Smiley

Welcome to online banking, bro

Today you don't need to walk to a bank office to confirm your transactions either. You can do everything (which doesn't involve cash, obviously) online by accessing your account through a web page at your bank site. It is basically the same as what you can do in a typical web wallet plus a lot more (e.g. you can open a deposit there, pay your bills, etc). Regarding Bitcoin loans, this seems to be impossible right now (reasons for that have been explained many times). In the future, when (if) Bitcoin is firmly established and its price settled, things might change in this regard, but we are far from that yet
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
February 25, 2017, 02:00:32 AM

Yes, I do agree with the bitcoin bank. Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular every day. Think about it, what is the best thing to do with your bitcoin is to place it into banks to make it grow. You deposit into a bitcoin banks with low interest. It's not bad. It's a good idea to have a bitcoin banks nowadays.

Isn't our wallet the best alternative to it? you don't need to pay a visit to banks just to confirm your transactions, and the time is your best friend when it comes to interest...

All I want if a bitcoin bank is established are the loans, and other things the real life banks offered... If they can't offer those, they better close, or better yet, just name their company as exchange and not a bank...  Smiley
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
February 25, 2017, 01:57:24 AM
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

There is nothing wrong with having a bitcoin bank, it is optional for those who wanted it. It is not mandatory or requirements if ever just like having a saving account now, the only disadvantage would be the price of bitcoin will possibly hold by the government just like the rate of dollar. But, the good thing is it would become secure and legal.
Pages:
Jump to: