Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 59. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
February 20, 2017, 11:32:21 PM
If people want Bitcoin banks, why not? The market will dictate if they find useful that third parties (once again) hold their money because they don't see responsible enough to hold it themselves. While it defeats the point of Bitcoin (being your own bank) who cares if someone runs such business as long as the protocol stays solid and the network nodes decentralized?

Yeah, if it is indeed a lot of people who like to bank bitcoin there then it's not a problem. But if the desire of people to bank bitcoin is not appropriate then it would be bad news for those who are already providing a place for the bank, because sometimes the bitcoin words and actions taken by each person is different so it will be very difficult for those who can not use the opportunity well. But I think the bitcoin does not require a bank, for bitcoin can qualify automatically
Activity: 431
Merit: 250
February 20, 2017, 10:28:06 PM
I think it's a good idea because of the presence of bitcoin bank will make the number of users increases and make governments think to make the bitcoin as means of payment.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 20, 2017, 07:17:21 PM
Really, would you care much about something which has no particular value for you personally?

I would not. But at least I know what features I don't want to make use of, while a lot people here only look at Bitcoin as being a tool that allows them to earn money and from there just don't think about the deeper technical features that Bitcoin more has to offer. At least, that's the impression that I am getting whilst browsing through this thread and various other related threads.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
February 20, 2017, 04:43:48 PM
No, I do not agree with this idea. This is the contrary of what Bitcoin was designed to be. It was designed so that your wallet is your own bank. You owns nothing to no one and this is better.

Right there is no need for banks, bitcoin proves its ability to do things that bank can do, plus that its free transactions and we can manage our own wallet.
yes we do not need for any bitcoin bank, bitcoin wallet is a good source of saving bitcoin. it is more easy to use more convenient and reliable. no need for such a long formalities. i will like to continue it for a long time.
Saving our bitcoin in our wallet is prone to hacking but we can save our real identify, while the name bitcoin bank sounds safe as in real world they provide insurance with the amount of money that we deposited, weak side is the privacy that we want is something we have to sacrifice. As bitcoin bank, they will operate like a real bank, collecting necessary information for us and we are oblige to give it otherwise we cannot use their service.

Let's think what we really like to have, as long as we know the benefits and the risk, then we have to select that is best based on our needs.
I understand that all the guarantees bitcoin bank will comply, but I understand that this will present a financial institution and the registration and state register of businesses. This means paying taxes. Bitcoin users or are ready for this?
Bitcoin Bank is a good idea. In order that the Bank acted need to register it on some uninhabited island on which is not subject to the jurisdiction of other States. But I'm afraid that if banks in other countries will cease to accept and carry out exchange operations.
i really do not agree with the idea of bitcoin bank because bitcoin system is already very much stable than bank and bitcoin transaction is very much faster than bank and we can send our bitcoin to anywhere without extra charges and without high fees so i feel i do not need bitcoin bank.
you are right that bitcoin online system is much more better than bank and we like bitcoin online system than bank and i think bank transaction fees is very much higher and bank transaction is also too much slow so bitcoin system is really too much better.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
February 20, 2017, 04:40:23 PM
If the real banks offer to their customers and loans and deposits, and other services that it can offer bitcoin bank if bitcoin has its advantages. There is no problem in just a bank, if people do not stick your head into a black hole, with no confidence in the future. But bitcoin bank will allow users to lose some of the pros.
Activity: 406
Wolf
February 20, 2017, 04:21:54 PM
No, I do not agree with this idea. This is the contrary of what Bitcoin was designed to be. It was designed so that your wallet is your own bank. You owns nothing to no one and this is better.

Right there is no need for banks, bitcoin proves its ability to do things that bank can do, plus that its free transactions and we can manage our own wallet.
yes we do not need for any bitcoin bank, bitcoin wallet is a good source of saving bitcoin. it is more easy to use more convenient and reliable. no need for such a long formalities. i will like to continue it for a long time.
Saving our bitcoin in our wallet is prone to hacking but we can save our real identify, while the name bitcoin bank sounds safe as in real world they provide insurance with the amount of money that we deposited, weak side is the privacy that we want is something we have to sacrifice. As bitcoin bank, they will operate like a real bank, collecting necessary information for us and we are oblige to give it otherwise we cannot use their service.

Let's think what we really like to have, as long as we know the benefits and the risk, then we have to select that is best based on our needs.
I understand that all the guarantees bitcoin bank will comply, but I understand that this will present a financial institution and the registration and state register of businesses. This means paying taxes. Bitcoin users or are ready for this?
Bitcoin Bank is a good idea. In order that the Bank acted need to register it on some uninhabited island on which is not subject to the jurisdiction of other States. But I'm afraid that if banks in other countries will cease to accept and carry out exchange operations.
i really do not agree with the idea of bitcoin bank because bitcoin system is already very much stable than bank and bitcoin transaction is very much faster than bank and we can send our bitcoin to anywhere without extra charges and without high fees so i feel i do not need bitcoin bank.

You're forgetting that we have the fee called miners fee for every transaction. You can only eliminate that if your current online wallet has a feature like that but since you have to transfer bitcoins to the wallet first you will have no choice but to pay the fee .The average fee that will take 10-30minutes is 20K-30K sats but people are speculating that it will increase in the near future .

The thing is many people is still trusting banks in fact some of the people around me thinks that it is important to success in life .
If people will feel safe and satisfied storing their coins in banks. It's not a problem .
Activity: 284
February 20, 2017, 04:18:50 PM

I can not understand why such a forum hysteria and the desire to convince people that bitcoin bank really need and can not be further existence without it. I think that bitcoin currency and so self-contained and everything is fine now.
Activity: 980
Merit: 523
February 20, 2017, 03:48:40 PM

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 20, 2017, 03:41:58 PM

People don't care as long as they get a financial reward in form of interest over their coins. It's something that is obviously clear when you browse through this entire thread. Give them money, and they are ready to throw away each benefit of Bitcoin that a lot people here highly value. In other words, they are fine with everything such as losing financial freedom, discarding Bitcoin's decentralized nature, possibly handing over a third party service sensitive information, etc

I think you can't blame all these people

Indeed, for some dudes the benefits you are talking about are real (e.g. anonymous, to a certain extent, nature of Bitcoin transactions), but for the rest (which makes the majority of Bitcoin users) they are abstract and don't have any practical value or importance. So you can't accuse them that "they are ready to throw away each benefit of Bitcoin". In other words, these benefits are not really benefits to them, that's why they don't care. Really, would you care much about something which has no particular value for you personally?
Activity: 195
February 20, 2017, 03:36:57 PM

That's a good idea. Only where there are loose rules or lack of them, you can create bitcoin bank. Therefore, no country, and juicier power will not allow it.
Activity: 223
February 20, 2017, 02:52:00 PM

People don't care as long as they get a financial reward in form of interest over their coins. It's something that is obviously clear when you browse through this entire thread. Give them money, and they are ready to throw away each benefit of Bitcoin that a lot people here highly value. In other words, they are fine with everything such as losing financial freedom, discarding Bitcoin's decentralized nature, possibly handing over a third party service sensitive information, etc.
That is why I am wary bitcoin bank. Just turns out that there is no difference with those banks that exist today.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 20, 2017, 02:39:37 PM

People don't care as long as they get a financial reward in form of interest over their coins. It's something that is obviously clear when you browse through this entire thread. Give them money, and they are ready to throw away each benefit of Bitcoin that a lot people here highly value. In other words, they are fine with everything such as losing financial freedom, discarding Bitcoin's decentralized nature, possibly handing over a third party service sensitive information, etc.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
February 20, 2017, 02:34:33 PM

Activity: 185
February 20, 2017, 02:28:07 PM

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
February 16, 2017, 01:58:05 AM

Activity: 378
February 16, 2017, 01:43:46 AM

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 15, 2017, 03:28:09 PM
Its a useless and stupid idea, people prefer bitcoins because of its decentralization and easy payment methods with very low transaction charges as compared to fiat. If bitcoin bank will began to established then there will be no difference between fiat and bitcoins and probably bitcoin will face a huge decline in its market value.

No. Bitcoin banks are nothing more than a service such as Coinbase that is offering people an online wallet platform. I don't see why people don't seem to understand that. It's just a service which you can choose to use or not. It won't have any negative impacts on Bitcoin at all. You must know how many people there are that don't care a single bit about decentralization. They probably don't even know what it really means.

If they are offering people an online wallet platform then it is acceptable but i don't think so there is any need of these platforms as already we have variety of wallets which are more convenient

Could you clarify why they are more convenient?

Apart from that, as far as I know, not a single web wallet in existence today offers opening purely fiat accounts, i.e. what regular banks do on a daily basis. With a Bitcoin bank offered as a service by a regular bank, you will be able to open a Bitcoin account as well (in addition to your fiat account). This will give you much less pain in the ass if you want to convert your bitcoins to fiat and vice versa. You won't need to send them to an exchange and then pay hefty commissions to get the proceeds back to your account in the bank
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
●Social Crypto Trading●
February 15, 2017, 02:20:05 PM
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

I dont even k ow what to say. People who think up crap like this should not be in bitcoin and dont even contribute. These people have almost no bitcoins no investment and very little brains. Bitcoin makes you the bank its the basics of bitcoin. Dear God how stupid people can be.
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
February 15, 2017, 10:20:45 AM
If it's a bank in the centralized form, then no. But, if it's in a decentralized form, yes!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
February 15, 2017, 07:41:10 AM
If they are offering people an online wallet platform then it is acceptable but i don't think so there is any need of these platforms as already we have variety of wallets which are more convenient.

Bitcoin is seeing its adoption numbers increasing every year, so more people finding their way into Bitcoin means more services that will pop up. You can't blame them being willing to benefit from a growing industry. If they happen to offer the same as some other services also offer, then the competition between these services will be a benefit for the users at the end. Competition means that they will have to lower their fees, and also improve their service to make them a better choice. I don't see anything negative here. Don't forget that you don't have to use it if you don't want.
Pages:
Jump to: