Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 63. (Read 142276 times)

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 11, 2017, 10:38:09 AM
It seems Austria agreed with "bitcoin bank" idea : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/worlds-first-dedicated-bitcoin-bank-opens-in-vienna

But I read they are proving just the "exchange" services rather than what actually a bank will do. Still not sure, will be glad to hear on what are the differences from a regular bitcoin ATM and other exchange services from official people or from those availing their services.
I think they will just work as an exchange service where you could deposit your money in BTC and they will convert it into their respective currencies and then show up into your Fiat account. I read about this just yesterday. Its most probably just a normal bank that accepts BTC

But isn't that exactly what we should in fact expect?

It kinda looks that you are considering Bitcoin banks as something lying totally outside the current banking system. But we already have web wallets and CoinsBank out there which could be loosely considered as Bitcoin banks in this very case. So we are left with the only option of regular banks starting to accept bitcoins. I guess they will pretty much cut it as Bitcoin banks emerging, and that's what most people seem to mean when they talk about Bitcoin banks
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 11, 2017, 09:06:06 AM
It seems Austria agreed with "bitcoin bank" idea : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/worlds-first-dedicated-bitcoin-bank-opens-in-vienna

But I read they are proving just the "exchange" services rather than what actually a bank will do. Still not sure, will be glad to hear on what are the differences from a regular bitcoin ATM and other exchange services from official people or from those availing their services.
I think they will just work as an exchange service where you could deposit your money in BTC and they will convert it into their respective currencies and then show up into your Fiat account. I read about this just yesterday. Its most probably just a normal bank that accepts BTC.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
February 11, 2017, 08:19:01 AM
No, this is a bad idea. Everyone that lost money in the Mt Gox fiasco will know what I am talking about.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
February 11, 2017, 08:15:57 AM

MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
February 11, 2017, 04:34:16 AM
Satoshi Nakamoto has decided to setup a Bitcoin Bank to help the Bitcoin traders to open Business Account so they do not need to beg to the commercial bank to open their business account. Many commercial bank do not like to open bank account if they trading digital currecy like Bitcoin. Therefore an intermediatory Bitcoin Bank is essential. A major bank like Barclays has denied Satoshi Nakamoto  to open his business account.
how do you know that Satoshi Nakamoto give such statement. even no one know about Satoshi Nakamoto that who is he. so i think these are just fake news and there is no reality about this. people are just giving wrong argument. i think we do not need for any bitcoin banks in the movement. i think the wallet system is still a good option for the bitcoin users. which really an easy way of using bitcoin.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 11, 2017, 03:03:10 AM
Satoshi Nakamoto has decided to setup a Bitcoin Bank to help the Bitcoin traders to open Business Account so they do not need to beg to the commercial bank to open their business account. Many commercial bank do not like to open bank account if they trading digital currecy like Bitcoin. Therefore an intermediatory Bitcoin Bank is essential. A major bank like Barclays has denied Satoshi Nakamoto  to open his business account.
legendary
February 11, 2017, 02:04:41 AM
I agree with bitcoin bank. We can have a securities with it, we are not going to be afraid on losing our money. We all know that we have the fear on losing our own money. I suggest to have a bitcoin bank, where we can store our own money. Instead of wallet address, we should have the unique account number, for us to store our bitcoin.

I disagree, the existence of the bitcoin surely there must be a different thing. The presence of the bitcoin bank will limit the transaction we do, surely this would have an impact on high cost. In addition, when we made the wallet of course must be through the bank and require legal data. So I conclude that bitcoin bank and fiat money is same and I will leave bitcoin.
Yes, bitcoin Bank is useless, I think even online wallet is save enough. I also Think that if transaction of bitcoin become controled by bank, people Will leave bitcoin. we have our own wallet, if we need to save large amount of bitcoin, we only need to choose the right type of bitcoin wallet. I think hardware wallet is the savest one.
I like bitcoin because no one can control my money or steal it. So I do not like bitcoin bank.
It is really useless since we do have lots of wallets either online or offline and if theres a bitcoin bank then what would be the purpose of those wallets? Then for sure people would still use them even banks will come out but they will not last for sure because people will mainly like to hold their own money without exposing their identity and they have the full access on it.
While this is true, don't underestimate the laziness of people, if they somehow think that securing their coins is too difficult you can bet a bank will seize the opportunity and say they can secure your coins for a price and then bitcoin banks will become a reality.

It's a fact that the average person can't handle the responsibility of taking care of its own money. It's fairly easy to assume that if such a service happens to launch, that people will jump on it. If it offers people whatever level of insurance, then it will give them even more confidence as they then take for granted that their coins are safe. It's a weird way of thinking, but that's how simple people are. If they are able to generate interest over their coins, then it will give these people even more incentive to sign up.

Bitcoin banks may actually increase security to our bitcoins and will also significantly increase millions of additional users to join in bitcoin. The only flaw in using bitcoin banks is that we are not going to enjoy much the price increase in bitcoin since when you deposited 1000$ worth of bitcoin when bitcoins price reaches 2k dollars already you will still only have 1k dollars worth of bitcoin in your bitcoin bank. In bitcoin banks you enjoy security and stability without sufferrng losses from volatility but you will not gain profit from price increase and will be paying surcharges during cashout

You are confusing something

If you deposited some bitcoins worth 1000 dollars at the moment, you still deposited bitcoins (and not, say, dollars), therefore if Bitcoin price goes up, the price of your bitcoins will rise accordingly (in dollar terms) because you continue to have the same number of coins. Otherwise, you didn't deposit (or buy) bitcoins in the first place
Activity: 479
Merit: 100
February 11, 2017, 01:57:41 AM
this is good to heard , because i think there is a bitcoin bank will add people to believe about bitcoin and believe to use bitcoin ..
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
February 11, 2017, 01:28:01 AM
I agree with bitcoin bank. We can have a securities with it, we are not going to be afraid on losing our money. We all know that we have the fear on losing our own money. I suggest to have a bitcoin bank, where we can store our own money. Instead of wallet address, we should have the unique account number, for us to store our bitcoin.

I disagree, the existence of the bitcoin surely there must be a different thing. The presence of the bitcoin bank will limit the transaction we do, surely this would have an impact on high cost. In addition, when we made the wallet of course must be through the bank and require legal data. So I conclude that bitcoin bank and fiat money is same and I will leave bitcoin.
Yes, bitcoin Bank is useless, I think even online wallet is save enough. I also Think that if transaction of bitcoin become controled by bank, people Will leave bitcoin. we have our own wallet, if we need to save large amount of bitcoin, we only need to choose the right type of bitcoin wallet. I think hardware wallet is the savest one.
I like bitcoin because no one can control my money or steal it. So I do not like bitcoin bank.
It is really useless since we do have lots of wallets either online or offline and if theres a bitcoin bank then what would be the purpose of those wallets? Then for sure people would still use them even banks will come out but they will not last for sure because people will mainly like to hold their own money without exposing their identity and they have the full access on it.
While this is true, don't underestimate the laziness of people, if they somehow think that securing their coins is too difficult you can bet a bank will seize the opportunity and say they can secure your coins for a price and then bitcoin banks will become a reality.

It's a fact that the average person can't handle the responsibility of taking care of its own money. It's fairly easy to assume that if such a service happens to launch, that people will jump on it. If it offers people whatever level of insurance, then it will give them even more confidence as they then take for granted that their coins are safe. It's a weird way of thinking, but that's how simple people are. If they are able to generate interest over their coins, then it will give these people even more incentive to sign up.

Bitcoin banks may actually increase security to our bitcoins and will also significantly increase millions of additional users to join in bitcoin. The only flaw in using bitcoin banks is that we are not going to enjoy much the price increase in bitcoin since when you deposited 1000$ worth of bitcoin when bitcoins price reaches 2k dollars already you will still only have 1k dollars worth of bitcoin in your bitcoin bank. In bitcoin banks you enjoy security and stability without sufferrng losses from volatility but you will not gain profit from price increase and will be paying surcharges during cashout.
Activity: 532
February 11, 2017, 01:06:42 AM

yes that is a good idea. but either the banks will take the responsibility of insurance of the wallets. i think it will be too much risky for them because in previous day why bitfinex hacked do you think that any bank can cover the lost. i do not think so.i think it is very difficult for them to ensures such big exchanges and even big whales account. giving interest may be a good decision i think.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 10, 2017, 04:15:17 PM

Activity: 952
Merit: 503
February 10, 2017, 04:06:29 PM
No.
I think I saw a ICO trying to tote itself as one.
BankIQ I think it was called. But I could be wrong about it.
Anything to do with an ICO is just wrong.
Not stable investment at all.
Nice I think also so, the bank will be a lot of rules that make us as a user of bitcoin is limited. I do not like the banks because much of the cost. I thought this was nice like bitcoin and no need for bitcoin bank.
If you are satisfied with the current system now, then I guess there is not need for a bitcoin bank anymore. The government should not interfere with our freedom to spend our bitcoins, this system gives us a fast and a transparent transaction, in addition the real privacy is achieve by using bitcoin unlike in banks where it can be compromise.
yeah bitcoin online system is much more stable for us so we do not need to any bitcoin bank and bitcoin online system is much more better and fast transaction than bank because we can control our balance on internet in hone so we do need any bitcoin bank.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 10, 2017, 03:13:29 PM

Activity: 630
February 10, 2017, 03:10:33 PM
disagree with this, I like bitcoin because decentralized, low-cost delivery, indefinitely where and whenever. also easy when making the wallet, without requiring data such as opening an account in a bank, and of course tax is free Cheesy
yes i am also not in favour of bitcoin banks i think online wallet is the good idea. i do not want to follow the previous traditional method of depositing and withdrawal of money. it is very easy to use online wallets for depositing and withdrawal of bitcoin. therefore i will online like online wallets.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
February 10, 2017, 11:15:20 AM
disagree with this, I like bitcoin because decentralized, low-cost delivery, indefinitely where and whenever. also easy when making the wallet, without requiring data such as opening an account in a bank, and of course tax is free Cheesy
wpd
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
February 10, 2017, 11:10:40 AM
Banks don't really bring much of a benefit for bitcoin users. We could get no interest, and it would actually lessen the security of the most paranoid and secure bitcoin users. It defeats the purpose of decentralization.
legendary
February 10, 2017, 11:10:25 AM
Well bitcoin banks already exist and we call them " Wallet " we earn btc and store them into out bitcoin bank or i should say bitcoin banks. maybe it happen in future

This is likely not something which folks mean here

And here they seem to be meaning that regular banks are going to adopt or accept Bitcoin just like they accept other currencies (i.e. open accounts in them), be it a local currency or a foreign one (like the US dollar outside the US borders). The difference is that adopting Bitcoin by fiat banks is not possible without prior explicit consent from the authorities, and people are afraid that by accepting Bitcoin governments are eventually going to own it
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 10, 2017, 11:05:20 AM
Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
I believe exactly the same this one of the worst ideas I've ever heard,a "Bitcoin bank" has nothing to offer and it is against Bitcoin philosophy the few who agree with this idea and are interested in using a bank like this to keep their coins are probably newbies or people who never understood the concept of Bitcoin.

I think that you're right because when you think about Bitcoin you don't think about banks. And it goes against the ideas of Bitcoin.

bitcoin will always be bitcoin. having a bank to bitcoin is not good for us bitcoin users because it may tax as and have a high transaction fee. plus our bitcoin wallet will be much good to this banks because it is more cheap. comparing those two i think they only have the same security. we need banks if hackers can hack wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
February 10, 2017, 09:30:28 AM
I think that you're right because when you think about Bitcoin you don't think about banks. And it goes against the ideas of Bitcoin.

It doesn't go against the ideas of Bitcoin. It's just how you see it. Bitcoin was created to serve as a decentralized peer 2 peer currency that allows you to instantly transact with anyone anywhere in the world without the need of an entity (central authority) in the middle. Bitcoin bank is just a term that people take way too seriously here. It will be nothing more than a service that is operating like a bank (as far as it is possible), but it will function purely as an optional service. You aren't being forced to make use of it.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
February 10, 2017, 08:49:26 AM
Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
I believe exactly the same this one of the worst ideas I've ever heard,a "Bitcoin bank" has nothing to offer and it is against Bitcoin philosophy the few who agree with this idea and are interested in using a bank like this to keep their coins are probably newbies or people who never understood the concept of Bitcoin.

Pages:
Jump to: