Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 72. (Read 142276 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
January 21, 2017, 02:08:21 PM
I don't think there will be a Bitcoin Bank, but we will definitely see Blockchain banks in the near future.
The idea of bitcoin ATM seems much more interesting to me than the idea about bitcoin Bank. I can easy understand such function of this bank as keeping bitcoins, but I don't see any need of it, because all that kind of wallets that we have already satisfy this needs perfectly.

That's exactly what the whole idea of ​​a bitcoin banks does not show the positive aspects. All meet the personal bitcoin wallets.Especially something that the best quality purses are known to all, and nothing else is needed. Anonymity and confidentiality is paramount.
While both of those are massively important parts of the Bitcoin economy (and should be a part of the "normal" economy in its own sense), a lot of people are willing to give up those in exchange for relative safety of their investments and potentially even insurance in the event anything goes wrong with what they have stored away.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
January 21, 2017, 01:56:36 PM
I don't think there will be a Bitcoin Bank, but we will definitely see Blockchain banks in the near future.
The idea of bitcoin ATM seems much more interesting to me than the idea about bitcoin Bank. I can easy understand such function of this bank as keeping bitcoins, but I don't see any need of it, because all that kind of wallets that we have already satisfy this needs perfectly.

That's exactly what the whole idea of ​​a bitcoin banks does not show the positive aspects. All meet the personal bitcoin wallets.Especially something that the best quality purses are known to all, and nothing else is needed. Anonymity and confidentiality is paramount.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
January 21, 2017, 12:34:11 PM
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
January 21, 2017, 12:28:18 PM
Strongly agree with the idea of bitcoin bank since we need bitcoin in our life now, we are now in a modern world where almost people are busy with their businesses, work and family. Time is the most essence and with that we need something called bitcoin bank for us to access or withdraw bitcoin anytime and anywhere with no hassle and time consuming.
Perhaps the appearance of bitcoin bank, all users will be able to get more and more quality services and opportunities. The truth is I do not understand how it can be implemented without prejudice to the user. After all, this way you can lose your privacy.
but i do not think that this idea will work too much currently.
Many users do not what to think about this idea do not want to even talk will not. One word "banks" is already alarming, and it does not matter whether or not bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
January 21, 2017, 11:58:38 AM
Strongly agree with the idea of bitcoin bank since we need bitcoin in our life now, we are now in a modern world where almost people are busy with their businesses, work and family. Time is the most essence and with that we need something called bitcoin bank for us to access or withdraw bitcoin anytime and anywhere with no hassle and time consuming.
Perhaps the appearance of bitcoin bank, all users will be able to get more and more quality services and opportunities. The truth is I do not understand how it can be implemented without prejudice to the user. After all, this way you can lose your privacy.
but i do not think that this idea will work too much currently. actually the number of bitcoin users are not as many therefore i do not think that will be a  good decision. and in future i a hopeful that that when government will accept bitcoin then banks will also start accepting bitcoin and may be they start providing online currency.
Activity: 150
January 21, 2017, 11:33:40 AM
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
January 21, 2017, 11:22:52 AM
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
January 21, 2017, 11:09:01 AM
I will strongly disagree on the idea of Bitcoin having a bank. It eliminates the purpose of Bitcoin not being controlled by anyone. Also why will you put Bitcoin in a bank when all its purpose can be done by a Bitcoin wallet? It would result into lack of innovation and critical thinking the result is no one will be willing to put their Bitcoin into a bank.
The present features of bitcoin is already awesome, we are satisfied using it and that resulted to make others adopt in this revolutionary system as well. It's the decentralization that makes it very different from other forms of online payment, bank will will change it and we do not like it to happen.
People trust bank but smart people trust bitcoins, especially those who have something to invest that does not trust the banking system of a specific country.
If bitcoin have banks the output of that would be positive and a negative one. The negative is the transactions would not be anonymously sent and Transactions fee will increase because government will surely put a tax on bitcoin. The positive part is the bitcoin can be legal on a specific state that have bitcoin banks. But for me I didnt like bitcoin bank, I just want to stick to present bitcoin.

The positive side will not be just that

If the government gets involved with Bitcoin by allowing regular banks to accept Bitcoin and open Bitcoin accounts, this will ignite a new wave of interest toward Bitcoin and likely lead to wider adoption, and, as a result, to higher prices (which is what many of us are looking for). This effect will certainly offset possible negative ones. On the other hand, I see it over and over again that people implicitly assume that they will be forced to use Bitcoin banks. Wake up, guys, no one is going to make you use these banks in the first place. If you are not happy with anything about them, just walk away with piece of mind
What is the difference then between existing banks and those that offer to bitcoin. It will again be a yoke for the people. I do not think it's a good idea and the entire bitcoin attracting potential could be lost.

What did you not understand in my post?

I specifically emphasized it that "no one is going to make you use these banks in the first place". What part of this sentence didn't come through? Bitcoin is not fiat, and no one can force you to use bank services related to Bitcoin. If you don't like these, just keep on using Bitcoin as your own bank. But let's not take choice from other people, okay?

Isn't that what Bitcoin is basically about, namely, about having a choice?
Activity: 476
January 21, 2017, 10:50:23 AM
I will strongly disagree on the idea of Bitcoin having a bank. It eliminates the purpose of Bitcoin not being controlled by anyone. Also why will you put Bitcoin in a bank when all its purpose can be done by a Bitcoin wallet? It would result into lack of innovation and critical thinking the result is no one will be willing to put their Bitcoin into a bank.
The present features of bitcoin is already awesome, we are satisfied using it and that resulted to make others adopt in this revolutionary system as well. It's the decentralization that makes it very different from other forms of online payment, bank will will change it and we do not like it to happen.
People trust bank but smart people trust bitcoins, especially those who have something to invest that does not trust the banking system of a specific country.
If bitcoin have banks the output of that would be positive and a negative one. The negative is the transactions would not be anonymously sent and Transactions fee will increase because government will surely put a tax on bitcoin. The positive part is the bitcoin can be legal on a specific state that have bitcoin banks. But for me I didnt like bitcoin bank, I just want to stick to present bitcoin.

If the government gets involved with Bitcoin by allowing regular banks to accept Bitcoin and open Bitcoin accounts, this will ignite a new wave of interest toward Bitcoin and likely lead to wider adoption, and, as a result, to higher prices (which is what many of us are looking for). This effect will certainly offset possible negative ones. On the other hand, I see it over and over again that people implicitly assume that they will be forced to use Bitcoin banks. Wake up, guys, no one is going to make you use these banks in the first place. If you are not happy with anything about them, just walk away with piece of mind
What is the difference then between existing banks and those that offer to bitcoin. It will again be a yoke for the people. I do not think it's a good idea and the entire bitcoin attracting potential could be lost.
legendary
January 16, 2017, 09:32:02 AM

If the government gets involved with Bitcoin by allowing regular banks to accept Bitcoin and open Bitcoin accounts, this will ignite a new wave of interest toward Bitcoin and likely lead to wider adoption, and, as a result, to higher prices (which is what many of us are looking for). This effect will certainly offset possible negative ones. On the other hand, I see it over and over again that people implicitly assume that they will be forced to use Bitcoin banks. Wake up, guys, no one is going to make you use these banks in the first place. If you are not happy with anything about them, just walk away with "piece" of mind
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
January 16, 2017, 09:00:22 AM
Activity: 143
January 16, 2017, 09:00:03 AM
Yes, I do but it must have been accepted by government and the government can control bitcoin with legal rules so that the bitcoin talk idea will become true. we are living in this digital world and your idea is very great to apply to all crypto currrecy such as bitcoin or dash...
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
January 16, 2017, 08:52:00 AM
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
January 16, 2017, 08:06:40 AM
legendary
January 16, 2017, 08:01:16 AM
-snip-

Hey Deisik,

seems like you know and support at least a bit the idea of btc bank.
Do you know good web wallets that take care of the fees? Apart Xapo which I reaaaaaaaaally don't like it...

Personally, I'm using Coinbase

The Bitcoin address in my profile is theirs (if you are curious). At first, I tried to install a desktop wallet (circa 2013), but I quickly abandoned that idea even if I'm developer myself. Ironically, it was primarily because of that since I have a seasoned eye and can quickly tell if a program is worth using, and it was outright unusable back then. Maybe, matters have been amended a lot since then, but I'm quite happy with my wallet at Coinbase. Apart from that, I have to move my coins pretty often, so it would soon turn very expensive for me to pay transaction fees for every move (it seems that my transactions are cutting a dent in the Coinbase budget)
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
January 16, 2017, 07:52:02 AM
Activity: 392
January 16, 2017, 07:22:34 AM
-snip-

Hey Deisik,

seems like you know and support at least a bit the idea of btc bank.
Do you know good web wallets that take care of the fees? Apart Xapo which I reaaaaaaaaally don't like it...
Activity: 644
January 16, 2017, 07:00:24 AM
No we dont need bitcoin banks since we already have one. We already have an existing bitcoin banks like coinbase,xapo this wallets are like bitcoin banks because it is where you store your bitcoins and having all access to your bitcoin.
legendary
January 16, 2017, 06:53:09 AM
No, I really don't agree with the idea of a bitcoin bank in any way. Because a lot of questions needs to be answered. Bitcoin is still not aaccepted in majority of the countries. Either the government banned it or they just don't simple bother.

Also if a bitcoin bank is created, who will be the owner of the bank? Who will regulated the bank? Who will audit the bank? A big trust factor is there.

You take things way too seriously. It will be just a service that even you could have started up. Just start up an exchange with a wallet service, where you also happens to give out loans, or allow users to lend Bitcoin to each other. If you so wish you could even offer people interest over the coins that people store in your exchange. Give yourself a fancy name where the word bank is included, and voila, there you have your Bitcoin bank. I have to note that there are already several exchanges that offer a platform where users can lend Bitcoin to each other, so the first steps are already set. And while it's a horrible idea to use exchanges as wallet, it is possible even though it's not convenient. If you look at it from that point, then these exchanges are very close to being a Bitcoin bank.

These are not the same steps that banks would take

Exchanges are lending coins (i.e. the coins of other traders) with the purpose of encouraging trading and thus raising trading volume through margin trading (read earning more by collecting more trading fees). You can't withdraw these coins and spend them as you see appropriate. That seems to be the primary difference between borrowing through banks on the one side and exchanges on the other. i guess the mechanism behind the margin trading is very different from what is behind bank loans
Activity: 154
January 16, 2017, 06:09:31 AM
I agree that bitcoin bank can be a thing. But it doesnt help with bitcoin. Bitcoin was created to remove all third parties that could control  your money and these aRe banks, trading , exchanges etc. it could work out but i think its still in progress
Pages:
Jump to: