Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you allow smoking cigarettes or are you anti-tobacco? - page 11. (Read 14285 times)

copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
I don't mind smoking much unless it's right in my face. If they do it privately, recreationally, I don't really care much. Their health, their problems.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Havent you watched the movie thank you for smoking? it teaches you that smoking is fucking awesome..........
dont have a problem with it as long as they dont smoke indoors
Moving onto E cigs to throw the filthy habit
Activity: 43
DO NOT SMOKE especially if ur young.

The especially part is unnecessary.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Even though e-cigarrettes and vaping have become extremely popular, there hasn't actually been a lot of scientific research done, the jury is still out on whether they are 'safer'. Vaporizer smoke does contain less carcinogens (cancer-causing compounds) but it still does cause human lung cells to die or stop replicating and may do damage to the immune system as it has been observed that lungs of people who vape can't fight off germs such as pneumonia so good. My opinion is that vaping is much less likely to cause you any long-term negative effects than smoking, but its more likely to cause short-term negative effects, inflammation and certain kinds of lung damage.
That has changed obviously over the years, and this study just agrees with the conclusion. The only area in where research is lacking right now are the long term effects. This is normal due to vaping and e-cigarettes being entirely new. The industry definitely has a lot of potential. There are two groups of people that would benefit from this. People who want to quit but find it hard, and people who do not want to quit and want a healthier method.

This is what I was going to say. Most meats are filled with chemicals and nasty hormones both that the cow ingests whilst it's alove and then what is injected into the meat after it is prepared. Many of these things have links to causing cancer.
Exactly. Barbecue was just my first example as the meat gets filled with smoke, yet nobody complains about that one. Besides, if I smoke in a coffee shop when I'm sitting outside, then there is minimum impact.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I hope you to smoke, I'm pro-smoking. It benefits your health

Ah yes, it makes a protective layer in your lungs. This stops that nasty "air" stuff getting in.
Activity: 22
Cigarettes make you stink, they are expensive (here at least) and cause cancer!

3 great reasons not to do it..
So? I'm pretty sure that a ton of people eat foods that are also causing cancer, yet nobody bats an eye.

This is what I was going to say. Most meats are filled with chemicals and nasty hormones both that the cow ingests whilst it's alove and then what is injected into the meat after it is prepared. Many of these things have links to causing cancer.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
DO NOT SMOKE especially if ur young.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
So? I'm pretty sure that a ton of people eat foods that are also causing cancer, yet nobody bats an eye. Barbecue anyone? Yes this causes cancer as well, and you get exposed to a lot more smoke that you would by sitting directly next to me while I smoke. Also, vaping has been shown to be 95% safer than cigarettes, so there is nothing wrong with that. More vape, but less damage.
What is ever worse, is the amount of people that are not aware of the benefits of e-cigarettes. I hardly doubt that anyone here will read more than a single page of the report though.

Even though e-cigarrettes and vaping have become extremely popular, there hasn't actually been a lot of scientific research done, the jury is still out on whether they are 'safer'. Vaporizer smoke does contain less carcinogens (cancer-causing compounds) but it still does cause human lung cells to die or stop replicating and may do damage to the immune system as it has been observed that lungs of people who vape can't fight off germs such as pneumonia so good. My opinion is that vaping is much less likely to cause you any long-term negative effects than smoking, but its more likely to cause short-term negative effects, inflammation and certain kinds of lung damage.
legendary
Terminated.

So? I'm pretty sure that a ton of people eat foods that are also causing cancer, yet nobody bats an eye. Barbecue anyone? Yes this causes cancer as well, and you get exposed to a lot more smoke that you would by sitting directly next to me while I smoke. Also, vaping has been shown to be 95% safer than cigarettes, so there is nothing wrong with that. More vape, but less damage.
What is ever worse, is the amount of people that are not aware of the benefits of e-cigarettes. I hardly doubt that anyone here will read more than a single page of the report though.
Activity: 26

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
dont like smoke Tongue
Activity: 98
totally anti-tobacco

i hate it
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
That shit kill to much people
Activity: 70
Anti tobacco. I don't smoke and I hate it because I know it can brings bad effects in our health.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

"And you're an anti-baccotite, whereas I suck them down like candy."
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
I don't smoke and i also don't allow the people around me to smoke.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
In my country you can not smoke in closed public places like coffee shops, discotheque etc. That is nice, because i am a smoker and after a while there is not air in the room. This way you will step outside and smoke a cigarette. Which is a nice thing Smiley
legendary
Terminated.
Let people do whatever drugs they want. Shouldn't be anybody elses business unless it is directly harming or effecting that other person.
I agree to you. The war of drugs hasn't really shown to be working at all. It is just so easy to acquire them. I guess one of the reasons for why they are illegal is to avoid people offering it to children. Children would most likely try it since it is easy to fool them. However, I do agree that if someone wants to take drugs let them. As long as they are only using it, not trying to sell/harm others and whatnot.

I'm a smoker and I don't mind those who do smoke as long as they didn't smoke too close to the kids.
They don't even have to be close really as second hand smoke travels easy.
You're partially right, but there is a huge difference between a parent smoking right next to a child and smoking in the same room with ventilation/open windows. The effect is going to be much more harmful in the first scenario. Besides, if you go to places where smoking is allowed you're pretty much saying that you agree to the effects. You should not complain afterwards. If a person has a problem with it, then they should go to places where smoking is forbidden.
Pages:
Jump to: