Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in god? - page 23. (Read 316047 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 27, 2017, 04:32:43 PM
'ej goat nugh lo'taHvIS!

I knew something would come from you. LOL! But I wasn't expecting such a clever remark.

Cheesy
Activity: 584
Merit: 502
December 27, 2017, 04:30:55 PM
'ej goat nugh lo'taHvIS!
legendary
December 27, 2017, 04:28:41 PM
My point is that that's why there's no better way for someone to be an expert in a field than a degree - and if a degree holder says something - you should listen to that man - he might just know something - from years of study - not guessing and reading the "book".

That's the exact reason why my faith is made stronger. Bible scholars, in general, are some of the best trained people in the world. Most of them know God besides believing what He says.

Cool

Do you know how may different fields a theologian studies - more than 10.
It's not just reading the book - which is not a book in itself, but a collection of letters from different people with different ideas.

Since a studied theologian has training in many more than 10 different fields, and yet believes in God, why is it that you don't believe him when he tells you that God exists, and that you can have faith in the things that God tells us?

Cool

I said the exact opposite thing. If such a studied man says there's no God - that man is a good source of truth. Stop turning things around - remember that things remain here in writing.

Why would a scholar that says there is no God be any more correct than a scholar that says that God exists?

If you don't have a definitive answer for that, you simply are talking religion. And religion can be anything for anyone.

That's the way of it, though, isn't it. People of one religion often want to pick on people of another religion.

Cool
December 27, 2017, 04:05:31 PM
My point is that that's why there's no better way for someone to be an expert in a field than a degree - and if a degree holder says something - you should listen to that man - he might just know something - from years of study - not guessing and reading the "book".

That's the exact reason why my faith is made stronger. Bible scholars, in general, are some of the best trained people in the world. Most of them know God besides believing what He says.

Cool

It's not just reading the book - which is not a book in itself, but a collection of letters from different people with different ideas.

Since a studied theologian has training in many more than 10 different fields, and yet believes in God, why is it that you don't believe him when he tells you that God exists, and that you can have faith in the things that God tells us?

Cool

I said the exact opposite thing. If such a studied man says there's no God - that man is a good source of truth. Stop turning things around - remember that things remain here in writing.
legendary
December 27, 2017, 04:03:45 PM

Cool

Cool
December 27, 2017, 03:58:05 PM

Cool

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 03:50:41 PM
I believe there is a god or gods. But I do not believe in a particular religion.
legendary
December 27, 2017, 03:48:14 PM

Cool
December 27, 2017, 03:36:22 PM
legendary
December 27, 2017, 03:34:00 PM
Now imagine that maybe, just maybe, some of the people here have such a degree.
Can you still say that you know better than them?

If yes, would that not be just a bit arrogant of you?

Are you trying to say that they know everything? Even people that have many degrees, and much knowledge, still might not know something that you or I know. What's your point?

Cool
December 27, 2017, 03:29:21 PM
Now imagine that maybe, just maybe, some of the people here have such a degree.
Can you still say that you know better than them?

If yes, would that not be just a bit arrogant of you?
legendary
December 27, 2017, 03:27:41 PM
I feel like a person with a degree is the best authority to speak about a certain subject - you know - because they studied ardently for years everyday - not just on Sundays at church.

That's a very good point. That's why Lutheran theologians that become acknowledged theologians, have a minimum of 8 years of schooling. Those of them that go on to be professors, usually continue with their schooling beyond the 8 years.

Two of the things that those theologians get besides simple Bible study are:
1. Study in all kinds of other sciences, as well;
2. Directional guidance from the Holy Spirit.

This is what makes some of these people the most knowledgeable people in the whole world.

Cool
Activity: 122
Merit: 3
sunxcoin.com - crypto/Fiat exchange ecosystem
December 27, 2017, 03:21:50 PM
Of course I believe in God.There is some bigger force that we all fear.There are certain people who can't imagine that, they are called atheists.
December 27, 2017, 03:19:01 PM
I feel like a person with a degree is the best authority to speak about a certain subject - you know - because they studied ardently for years everyday - not just on Sundays at church.
legendary
December 27, 2017, 03:15:41 PM
How do you feel about people that studied theology and still, after having a diploma (AKA they really know their shit) don't believe in God because there is still no real proof?

I feel sorry for them. How do you feel?    Cool
December 27, 2017, 03:09:04 PM
How do you feel about people that studied theology and still, after having a diploma (AKA they really know their shit) don't believe in God because there is still no real proof?
legendary
December 27, 2017, 03:06:40 PM
BADecker - have you arrived here or not yet? It's right up your alley.

Nothing that you believe in, is believed without something that you consider evidence or proof. For example. If you try to believe a new car is going to simply pop into existence in your driveway, you will find that you have a difficult time of being true to that belief. But if you bought the car, and you just talked to the driver that is delivering it, driving it to your house, then it becomes much easier to believe.

Since you really don't know that the delivery driver isn't going to have an accident and not make it, you don't know that the car is going to appear in your driveway. But your faith is strengthened by an actual event that took place... the delivery driver talking to you on the phone while she was en route.

Same with believing in God or not. Few people have enough strength to believe one way or the other without some form of evidence or proof. The thing that you have to decide in your own mind is, is the evidence or proof one way or the other strong enough to justify the way you believe.

Cool
December 27, 2017, 11:21:43 AM
BADecker - have you arrived here or not yet? It's right up your alley.
Activity: 84
December 27, 2017, 11:11:45 AM
Yes i believe in god . He is the creator of the heaven and earth also all living and non living things on earth.He do the impossible to possible you just have to trust and believe in him and he will do anything just to help his sons whos suffering in pain and aches.
Activity: 135
December 27, 2017, 09:13:24 AM
Do you believe in god? If you do, why do you believe? (give a few reasons)

For me yes I believe in God because he is the creator of the world and also he protected to you  before you born in this world he  always see you and he always loved you I love god.
Pages:
Jump to: