Pages:
Author

Topic: do you can control your self when playing gambling? - page 8. (Read 20504 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
I can control myself in gambling but back then, when it was 2 months ago, I think, I won a large amount of BTC (large for me) and I felt that I can still win money from it but then suddenly, in an instant, I lost everything and I didn't want to play anymore because I was devasted. Imagining it is hard and remembering because it hurts and I hope I could bring back the bet but I can't. So, now,  I learned and disciplined myself better than last time.
Thats a good experience because it let your mind opened about that big mistake in your decision without much mindful thinking of what your profit can do more . Its the same as my experience so from now and then i much in control in any game i don't let my mind pure with greed in money if i won 3x straight thats enough and don't use to bet as much as your doubled profit so either you win and loss in the end there you have a profit with your bankroll in your wallet.
copper member
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
I can control myself in gambling but back then, when it was 2 months ago, I think, I won a large amount of BTC (large for me) and I felt that I can still win money from it but then suddenly, in an instant, I lost everything and I didn't want to play anymore because I was devasted. Imagining it is hard and remembering because it hurts and I hope I could bring back the bet but I can't. So, now,  I learned and disciplined myself better than last time.
Activity: 770
Bazinga!
control in gambling is everything and if anyone doesnt have it, that means they should stop immediately or face the dire consequenses of losing lots of money!
although the good news for those who lack control is that they can always use bots for gambling, you put in a script as their settings and they make the bets for you so you can improve your keeping control issues.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
Yes, I can probably stop when I want to... most of the time Wink

When you stop, for how long are you able to stay away from it before you come back to gamble? I want to know because it you seem to suggest a short time frame whereby you lose go and come back after perhaps you reload your bankroll or when you feel like trying again.
actually it's all just same thing , when you decide to stop gamble for a while but then continue it later (means you gamble for long term) it won't work makes you profitable . so just leave gambling forever once you got a super big prize , don't make any comeback or you would have full of regret just what i have done in 2016 i have 5 bitcoin profit in my calculation but things gone wild and i got zero profit now in my bankroll.

Yes. I can control myself when gambling because I have many things to do not only to gamble. But for me when I was starting in playing gambling sites I always play and play only and nothing to finish task but I realize that gambling isn't the only thing I have to do so I control myself and remember that gambling is only a game for relaxation and not for long term.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

When you stop, for how long are you able to stay away from it before you come back to gamble? I want to know because it you seem to suggest a short time frame whereby you lose go and come back after perhaps you reload your bankroll or when you feel like trying again.
actually it's all just same thing , when you decide to stop gamble for a while but then continue it later (means you gamble for long term) it won't work makes you profitable . so just leave gambling forever once you got a super big prize , don't make any comeback or you would have full of regret just what i have done in 2016 i have 5 bitcoin profit in my calculation but things gone wild and i got zero profit now in my bankroll.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
Everyone needs self control when playing gambling games.  If we lose control of ourselves then there is only one way and it will lead us to gambling addiction.  I definitely can control myself because I am able to quit anytime I want, and can keep myself from gambling if I intend to for couple of months or even years. 

That is quite true, it is hard to get an addiction when gambling. You cannot keep yourself off of it. Also, when your mind is clouded because of the addiction you will not be able to realize that you won something already and in the end you'll just lose everything you earn plus all the deposits you made. That is what we are supposed to prevent/

I think getting to an addiction in gambling is easy.  Since we only need to dwell ourselves in gambling and not to think of whatever consequences it may bring to our life.  If we want to avoid this we need to keep on controlling ourselves.  It maybe a hard thing in the beginning but eventually we will have the grasp of it and as easy as breathing.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
Everyone needs self control when playing gambling games.  If we lose control of ourselves then there is only one way and it will lead us to gambling addiction.  I definitely can control myself because I am able to quit anytime I want, and can keep myself from gambling if I intend to for couple of months or even years.  

That is quite true, it is hard to get an addiction when gambling. You cannot keep yourself off of it. Also, when your mind is clouded because of the addiction you will not be able to realize that you won something already and in the end you'll just lose everything you earn plus all the deposits you made. That is what we are supposed to prevent/
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Everyone needs self control when playing gambling games.  If we lose control of ourselves then there is only one way and it will lead us to gambling addiction.  I definitely can control myself because I am able to quit anytime I want, and can keep myself from gambling if I intend to for couple of months or even years. 
Activity: 812
Merit: 251

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
When gambling, setting limits before the session is important (atleast for me). If I deposit 10$ for example, I quit if I lose, and I withdraw if I hit 20$. That way is easy for me to keep in control, even though I very rarely gamble.

What will you do when you win $2? you will keep on continuing even when you feel that you keep losing until you got $20? that is just silly. Most people dnt know how to stop therefore they keep on losing everything in the end. You should atleast take that $2 away if you win it as no one win in the long run as long as it is EV-
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
When gambling, setting limits before the session is important (atleast for me). If I deposit 10$ for example, I quit if I lose, and I withdraw if I hit 20$. That way is easy for me to keep in control, even though I very rarely gamble.
If anyone here is struggling with gambling addiction, I suggest you try to get your mind out of it by replacing the habit of gambling with something else. According to studies it takes 22 days to quit a habit  Wink
Activity: 588
And when I play dice I am using my strategy that really can't do well with straight losses, well that is always the ending of my gambling activity, straight loses.

No strategy is going to help you win either way. People keep getting the thoughts that they are going to win if they apply A to Z strategy or whatever you want to call it however it doesnt matter. You could use your strategy and prove it, as long as it is EV- then no strategy is going to help you win no matter what

It is right, if we only believe on strategy then definitely we are lose, But in my experience, sometime we should use our mind and also play on experience wise in sports betting. Without thinking we can't play sports betting, it is also impossible. But i think we can't deny totally our experience and strategy. You could call that it is our way of play the gambling not strategy, Not need to use the word of strategy.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
If I have a goal and I reach it then yes I can control myself and I leave.
Yeah that's good but how often do you think one can reach their goal. As for my case I do set a goal but I gamble for a while and soon get into a loss. I don't have any loss goal so I continue but most of the time for me I can't reach my goal so instead I earn till the amount I invested and end up cashing out.
I believe a lot of player will have the same problem as you to not having control when you start get a lost.
Compared to those people who really can set a goal and then follow it to the end .
Gambling always make you greed and it is thing that can lead you to break the limit and your goal.
Yes our greed will break all our strategies and plans and make us lose money in gambling. So you must control your mind while playing gambling, especially in slot games here without knowing us we will make our wallet empty. Within few minute we will lose all money. So make a limit and stick with that amount anything can happen you will get a chance to make a big profit also no don't be greedy just stop your play. 
Slots is the worst game but i think few people only play there in regular time.
Dice game currently the one which so popular , and it was a place for your greedy to come.
I will never suggest anyone to play this game , 99% you will losing control.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Yes you can control yourself in gambling. Set your self a limitation bring someone to stop you when you are pass in you limitation
That's an obvious answer, we can control ourselves in gambling but not everyone can do that. My experience in gambling would prove that, I still have this urge to gamble and chase bets especially when I am losing a big amount of money, this is a disease but I guess it's a normal reaction for a gambler since we always want to keep winning and end our day profitable.

Controlling ourselves really require a lot of discipline, and if we can execute that every time, the risk will be mitigated and we will not lose more that what we cannot afford to lose.
if this can be performed if attitude will still in this place we will able to lessen our loses and enjoy our stay inside the gambling
house, the moment we feel that we are not lucky the eager we should be to quit right away.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!
Yes you can control yourself in gambling. Set your self a limitation bring someone to stop you when you are pass in you limitation
That's an obvious answer, we can control ourselves in gambling but not everyone can do that. My experience in gambling would prove that, I still have this urge to gamble and chase bets especially when I am losing a big amount of money, this is a disease but I guess it's a normal reaction for a gambler since we always want to keep winning and end our day profitable.

Controlling ourselves really require a lot of discipline, and if we can execute that every time, the risk will be mitigated and we will not lose more that what we cannot afford to lose.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
Gambling is more intense than trading because you enjoy the action while you are betting, therefore it's more risky as sometimes it cannot be avoided will be emotionally attached with what we are doing. When we started to lose, that is when the devil will come, it will tease us to chase and we are close minded with the negative possibilities of the outcome. I have been regretting most of the time but sometime you find yourself still doing the same mistake again, that's life and that's gambling, you have to bear it.
I agree, many people can’t control their emotions and fall into the deep hole of addiction to gambling, they start trading for fun and they say it is and end up liking the feeling of easy money and the rush they get when they wait for the results, that is why everyone should control themselves otherwise they will lose their money.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
And when I play dice I am using my strategy that really can't do well with straight losses, well that is always the ending of my gambling activity, straight loses.

No strategy is going to help you win either way. People keep getting the thoughts that they are going to win if they apply A to Z strategy or whatever you want to call it however it doesnt matter. You could use your strategy and prove it, as long as it is EV- then no strategy is going to help you win no matter what
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
When I am playing at dice site for example when I'm at the moment of my momentum is on the other level my greediness will strike suddenly. It will trigger my emotion and my mind to agreed what inside my feeling to win more but in the end the result is bad. When you're playing perfect until that part with rapid losses, I hate most that part. Oh well it's gambling we can't do something to win over the house unless you know how.

I know right, I did experienced that kind of feeling, I can feel you. It's really a bummer when you are looking forward from the profit that will be handed to you, but we don't expect that it will be the opposite.
Pages:
Jump to: