Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you ever trade at work? - page 7. (Read 3922 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508
January 13, 2020, 12:41:42 PM
Do you ever trade at work or trade on your work computer? Any reason why you think this might be a terrible idea?
I don't like trading at work because my boss often check your work. Moreover, i cannot focus on 2 things at the same time, so the result will not be good.
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
January 12, 2020, 01:52:30 PM
I guess the lack of attention is why it could be a bad idea. When you're just casual hitting buys and sells hoping to make money then it doesn't matter, but real trading takes a lot of focus and discipline that comes only when you're spending a lot of time in this field and learning this field. What I've heard from most people is that this fixation is very easy to break, which is why most people trade in their homes with proper desk setup in a clutter-free environment. Office will bring some nuisance of its own which could make your trade less effective in relation to your job
Short term trading could be done this way. But once you are into this field with all your energy, then it is required to maintain your focus just on trading and avoiding everything else. Office work could not be handled perfectly with trading. Trading is a long term process so I think that preferred method is to keep the two works separately.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
January 12, 2020, 12:40:44 PM
Yes I did. When I work an exchanger is always open in browser on my working computer. Trading is another way to me to earn, at least little by little. I am lucky that my boss understands that I doesn't say a thing about that. Anyway it doesn't take a lot of time and attention from my side to check the price for coin and sell/buy or whatever depends on situation.
As you quoted because you do not spend maximum time on trading exchanges and within few minutes are able to check the prices of coins, your boss has no solid reason for snubbing you. If you are giving him good work, he has nothing to do with your other activities. I believe everyone involved in trading goes for peeping into trading exchanges once in a while at workplace in order not to skip any important event.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
January 11, 2020, 10:05:01 AM
Yes I did. When I work an exchanger is always open in browser on my working computer. Trading is another way to me to earn, at least little by little. I am lucky that my boss understands that I doesn't say a thing about that. Anyway it doesn't take a lot of time and attention from my side to check the price for coin and sell/buy or whatever depends on situation.
Activity: 952
January 11, 2020, 09:39:00 AM

you are right that trading at home and working is quite different, as in home you can trade very calmly and could focus on the trade but in working hours i felt like i am doing very disturbed trade, i have trade in office for once or twice because of less spare time and also we are not allowed, but i tried it which was worst.
Yes, it is more comfortable to trade at home, there will be no distraction and any hindrance , and probably can affect our trades, we need to choose the best trading location also, for us to focus on what we are doing, especially if we are doing a day trading, we can easily  be distracted by our boss or by workmates since we all have a work load or job order in our office when we do that, so best place to trade is at home.
I agree with this. You should master trading at home and practice all of your strategies inside your home because that is where you can think peacefully and there will be no pressure of any unrelated work or tasks from your boss. You can trade at work if you know that your strategy is working or effective because it will be fast and easy for you to execute it anywhere you go.
Strongly agree with you a place where we can do all our things with relaxation and concentrations is out home and for trading its important for you to be mentally relaxed. Working place sometimes does not allow to get access phone use that's why trading is not good to do at work place and if you think you will be easy to trade there then you can.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
January 09, 2020, 07:19:20 AM

you are right that trading at home and working is quite different, as in home you can trade very calmly and could focus on the trade but in working hours i felt like i am doing very disturbed trade, i have trade in office for once or twice because of less spare time and also we are not allowed, but i tried it which was worst.
Yes, it is more comfortable to trade at home, there will be no distraction and any hindrance , and probably can affect our trades, we need to choose the best trading location also, for us to focus on what we are doing, especially if we are doing a day trading, we can easily  be distracted by our boss or by workmates since we all have a work load or job order in our office when we do that, so best place to trade is at home.
I agree with this. You should master trading at home and practice all of your strategies inside your home because that is where you can think peacefully and there will be no pressure of any unrelated work or tasks from your boss. You can trade at work if you know that your strategy is working or effective because it will be fast and easy for you to execute it anywhere you go.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
January 09, 2020, 06:59:43 AM

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
January 08, 2020, 11:43:12 PM
Trading is not the perfect place at the work, I tried many times to make a profit at work because market fluctuation cannot be estimated and this makes me lose money many times. It is impossible for us to predict which simultaneously, we cannot concentrate on the market, so it is good to place the orders only when we are free.

This is not really a surprise, trading is an activity that is incredibly hard and if you are trying to do it while at the same time you try to do something else then most likely you are not going to put enough attention to the markets and this will make you to commit mistakes that under ideal circumstances you will never make, while I understand the markets can move really fast and you will want to take action almost immediately at the same time it is better to wait until you get home to trade the markets.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
January 08, 2020, 03:59:39 PM
It is not about the workplace or boss. It is about you. Trading needs a clear mind and focus to make a decision. It is an existing field of work in itself.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 08, 2020, 01:14:03 PM
I constantly follow the charts in search of an interesting point to enter the market (in my opinion). You can trade anytime, anywhere. The main thing is that this does not cause any inconvenience to anyone.

Of course you can trade everywhere, but I don't like it. I have to be focused, otherwise everything around me distracts me and I make mistakes. And in the crypto world, even a small mistake can cost a lot.
I never trade when going to work because it will greatly affect my current job and if you lose money at your workplace it will be the day you feel bad. I think trade takes a lot of time to analyze and must always focus on that problem because even a small mistake will directly affect your current profit and that is what no one wants when participating this market.

However, you can check the value of some coins and order at a cheaper price than the current value but don't focus too much as it will only make you more nervous.
same with me. i never trade at work. its very risk for my work so i always divide time such in the morning i go to work and at the night i trade. i know this condition can not take maximum profit in the trading, but i will not to take risk in my jobs because trading is side job so i did not do that and  accept whatever the benefits
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
January 08, 2020, 01:13:49 PM
Do you ever trade at work or trade on your work computer? Any reason why you think this might be a terrible idea?
That's depends on you,  because trading at office using your work computer are not good especially if you have some work to be done because you will really don't have focus on trading,  and maybe this might be the cause of your losses. 
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
January 08, 2020, 12:56:03 PM
fulltime traders can do trading in home without disturbance , not all can do this many go to work and trade which is bad for trading but there is no other choice I was doing trading while in office for couple of years
There is nothing wrong in giving a buy order when you expect that there will be a correction and you do not really need to glue on the trading platform to see the movement quite regularly, there are many applications in the market that will alert you if the market reaches a certain valuation and then you can make your decision according to that, yes i do have my trading inputs during my working hours too.
That is correct but only if a person want to do a long term trade because in long term trade we buy coins when get a signal and then we do our daily routine work and when we get the sell signal or we see that the price is now high enough to sell then we get online and sell our coins and then start our routine work. That things are okay and can be done easily when we are in office but if we do day trades and do buy and sell instantly to grab some profit in the rally then it will be a stressed trade and we may do a wrong decision in that condition.
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
January 08, 2020, 12:42:35 PM

never, in work ethics it is not permitted and trading at work feels very disturbing to me. I trade in need of a calm atmosphere so I can think clearly, especially in trading that is fast fluctuating,

fulltime traders can do trading in home without disturbance , not all can do this many go to work and trade which is bad for trading but there is no other choice I was doing trading while in office for couple of years

Yes, but it is different from trading at home and working in the office. well for me i do trade at work but it seems like every time i'm at work the market starts to move and then i can't focus and analyze my trades in the current time so at the end i didn't want to work and trade as much as possible because u can't concentrate.

That is correct. You have to manage your time if you have a full time job but you want to trade also you have to fix your schedules like for example when you are inside the office, what you are doing is office matters only snd then when you reached home at night, that is the time for you to trade just as simple as that. Coz if you do this at work you have the chance to be fired by your boss coz we all know that doing unnecessary things inside the office that is not related to your work is strictly prohibited.
Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
January 08, 2020, 12:07:04 PM

never, in work ethics it is not permitted and trading at work feels very disturbing to me. I trade in need of a calm atmosphere so I can think clearly, especially in trading that is fast fluctuating,

Yes, but it is different from trading at home and working in the office. well for me i do trade at work but it seems like every time i'm at work the market starts to move and then i can't focus and analyze my trades in the current time so at the end i didn't want to work and trade as much as possible because u can't concentrate.

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
January 08, 2020, 10:30:17 AM
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
January 08, 2020, 09:31:34 AM
There is nothing wrong in giving a buy order when you expect that there will be a correction and you do not really need to glue on the trading platform to see the movement quite regularly, there are many applications in the market that will alert you if the market reaches a certain valuation and then you can make your decision according to that, yes i do have my trading inputs during my working hours too.
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
January 08, 2020, 07:17:33 AM
Activity: 812
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
January 08, 2020, 05:23:26 AM
I constantly follow the charts in search of an interesting point to enter the market (in my opinion). You can trade anytime, anywhere. The main thing is that this does not cause any inconvenience to anyone.

Of course you can trade everywhere, but I don't like it. I have to be focused, otherwise everything around me distracts me and I make mistakes. And in the crypto world, even a small mistake can cost a lot.
I never trade when going to work because it will greatly affect my current job and if you lose money at your workplace it will be the day you feel bad. I think trade takes a lot of time to analyze and must always focus on that problem because even a small mistake will directly affect your current profit and that is what no one wants when participating this market.

However, you can check the value of some coins and order at a cheaper price than the current value but don't focus too much as it will only make you more nervous.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
January 07, 2020, 02:29:07 PM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
January 07, 2020, 02:16:13 PM

Why not! I have enough time at office so that i can easily trade on my work place. On the other hand i have no restrictions about using internet and personal work. I just open 2 browser when one is my personal work and another is official work. So keep going Grin Grin
But trade is a field in which you will need full attention and a total peace of mind so that you will not do any wrong decision while doing trade. While at the work place you will have to give time to any task given any time so at that time if you have opened a trade when you get a sudden task then you will not be able to manage and you may lose there.
Pages:
Jump to: