Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you fear the president of your country, one day, making Crypto illegal ? - page 3. (Read 4114 times)

Activity: 447
Merit: 100
It is indeed very difficult to prohibit the activities of trading cryptocurrencies, as cryptocurrencies are by nature created to be anti-centralized finance. I think it's more beneficial to find a way to legalize it soon than to ban it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

What if, for example - like after that twitter hack - the President wakes up (in a bad mood) and decides with an executive order to make all crypto illegal in the USA?

Of course this probably will never happen in today's world, as the there is big money is invested into crypto currencies; but do you ever think that it is even remotely possible...

Or the next elected president is so "old school" and decides that crypto needs to go?

I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on crypto currencies is ever possible in your country?

No doubt that the President of each country can do what He wanted to do, because every words He says is a LAW, however, I am pretty much
comfortable and trusted my President so much that He wouldn't make any such things about in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, as long as He see that
the majority of His fellow countrymen are getting profit unto it and giving as well to increase the economy too for sure He will not making crypto to become illegal here.
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
Actually, I do not have any fear because cryptocurrencies are now legal in the country wherein a certain president cannot just implement it because cryptocurrencies are now have important function in our economy where there are now businesses that are using blockchain in their current system. It is so sad that there are still a lot of countries that banned the cryptocurrencies, I hope that someday they will change their perspective and for sure it will be the start of mass adoption in the countries that are not yet legalizing the cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
It would be a bad news for us if the president suddenly talk about cryptos and make illegal in our country. We can not make money with cryptocurrency if this happens maybe we use other e-wallet platform like paypal.
but you forgot that paypal now has a crypto . everything that has a crypto on them including paypal can be included in the ban  . this is tragic for us that only depend on crypto for a living and there can be no more alternatives that will be better than crypto when it comes to making money online . others are just suck , i know because ive tried lots of them on the past before i ended up on here in crypto . we are lucky for now if we have a kind president that handles our country but time can come that president will be replace by another  . im afraid for that to happen
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
~
Erase poverty? How? I can't think of things or even reason that crypto will help eliminate poverty.
I believe this was discussed already back in 2017 and yet a lot of countries still experience poverty.
Activity: 746
Merit: 10
https://axiomapay.com/
For me, I am not too worried because even though cryptocurrency has not been fully legalized in my country, currently the president of my country has responded positively to cryptocurrency several times and has begun to accept the existence of cryptourrency. Besides that in my country there is also a large Exchange and has received official permission. , so I don't think there is any need to worry too much about that.
Activity: 452
Merit: 2
https://goldeth.io/
I think it takes a logical and sensible reason to make cyrpto illegal. Praise God, in my country it doesn't happen like that, and I think so far there has been no problem with the crypto world, instead the finance minister is very supportive of the development of crypto in my country. And I hope of course this incident will continue into the future
Activity: 560
Merit: 28
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
Which country is so blind to ban cryptocurrency right now when the whole world know that crypto can erase poverty in every country? It's not going to happen anymore, right now crypto have passed that level as it's more embraced right now than two years ago
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
Not really, government could not force or mandate everyone not to get into cryptocurrency especially bitcoin. Always there are people will going to continue using cryptocurrency even if it will be illegal in their place this because there are many ways not to get caught and one of it is to use privacy browsing or the use of VPN to hide the location of your while accessing the crypto site or exchange. However, it will not going to happen in fact central banks now are creating their own crypto.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 250
everything can happen if the president does all that as he pleases to make his own decisions it can happen and the rights of many people will be useless because the presidential decision becomes final for all his people, so many presidents make unilateral decisions and burdens their people to make decisions. the economy actually worsens, of course, this is a problem for some people who have assets in the cryptocurrency if all of that is prohibited.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
They are too dumb to realize the potential and they could do that on the future. But they would never find my stack of coins and don't even know how much I hold until I move into a crypto friendly country and live off my interest on investment. That's my dream but I'm still positive about it and believe it's something that's achievable. Government can only make it hard to redeem or trade crypto but they won't be able to seize crypto individual holds.
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
At first cryptocurrency was first seen as illegal, but now has been accepted as legit. It is possible for any president to tag it illegal due to a reason known to him,but this will be possible  in his jurisdiction because cryptocurrency is not centralize.There is nothing impossible.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 12
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

What if, for example - like after that twitter hack - the President wakes up (in a bad mood) and decides with an executive order to make all crypto illegal in the USA?

Of course this probably will never happen in today's world, as the there is big money is invested into crypto currencies; but do you ever think that it is even remotely possible...

Or the next elected president is so "old school" and decides that crypto needs to go?

I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on crypto currencies is ever possible in your country?
I am quite sure it is time for the opposite to happen, your concern is already outdated my friend because in many countries the governments or the central banks announced that cryptos are illegal a few years back but now they are coming up with crypto rules and making them legal and encouraging the use of digital methods including crypto.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
This is a question and uncertainty everyone will be going through when you invest in cryptocurrencies but the only positive aspect is that bitcoin is not just used as a currency but a store of value by big investment firms and we are a multi billion dollar market and no government can ban everything just like that considering the money invest in it. I truly believe that even if some third world country comes up with a ban we can one day reverse that through legal battle.
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
I am not afraid of such things. My interaction with cryptocurrency is not tracked in any way by my government. I do not think that they will be so stupid as to prohibit cryptocurrency, this will only increase interest and demand for it.
Besides, how can they prove that certain crypto assets belong to me or to someone else? People will not voluntarily show them their private keys.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
Joe Biden cannot do such a thing to the citizens of US that voted massively fo  him November 3 which make he to defeat his incumbent Donald Trump for the US presidential election that just concluded.   Even though he want to make crypto ilegal in the country, it can't be this year 2020 which remain few weeks to enter 2021 . Many crypto and altcoin investors are afraid that the new US president can just change his mind negatively to do what will make the user not to have access to crypto in the country by making it ilegal in the country because the unsupported the users gave to him during the election. 
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
It's a bit scary, but I don't think it will happen, because now almost all countries are interested in assistance in developing the currency of the crypt, as some state companies have already started producing their own tokens.
This is also to our country that cryptocurrency is freely open to use to all people. So I'm not afraid of making crypto illegal because our government will always thinks his people and its benefits that can get using crypto. So I'm not thinking of making it illegal rather to make crypto becomes more popular in our country.
Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
So far, where I live, cryptocurrency is not really a problem, as long as it doesn't interfere with the performance of the legitimate currency. however, such anxieties still resided within me. for now, it can change the flow of my business. however, I still believe that one day, the country where I live can support cryptocurrency 100%.

That means wherever you are living, you have a good environment but you should keep in mind that some government officials might still target Cryptocurrencies one day with malicious intentions. It would also be good to live in a country where both people and the government is knowledgeable that Cryptocurrencies are helpful once learnt properly. Some Presidents might not have heard about Cryptocurrencies since they are sticking to their old style of currencies which is good but they need to be open minded to opportunities.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
I don't think it will happen in the future, I think the opposite will happen, If there a president who going to make Crypto illegal then it's the president who is culprit or ancient Cheesy  Because the current economy is based on industrial world 4.0 where many robots or internet working, so I think the right internet money today is Cryptocurrency.
Ofcourse the president has a lot of considerations for making crypto illegal, I also believe the same is true for making crypto legal. it takes a fair amount of legal basis to make crypto legal, but as time goes by and perhaps other means of payment and technology have started to use crypto massively, crypto will automatically gain a legal basis
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
I don't think it will happen in the future, I think the opposite will happen, If there a president who going to make Crypto illegal then it's the president who is culprit or ancient Cheesy  Because the current economy is based on industrial world 4.0 where many robots or internet working, so I think the right internet money today is Cryptocurrency.

For now i didn't hear any news update regarding cryptocurrency issues here in our country. So far bitcoin or crypto here wasn't illegal nor legal but the mere fact that we can freely accessed and worked with crypto is much better to think of. As of now i have been read some news but not really came from the president but came from one of the persons who was in a government position that they were open for this said issue.
Pages:
Jump to: