Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you fear the president of your country, one day, making Crypto illegal ? - page 8. (Read 4114 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 102
In my opinion it is interesting, even if when state leaders make Crypto currency it is good news for all Crypto users, even it is very helpful for the country's economic growth and development of Crypto currencies, this is precisely what many people are waiting for, there is a country leader making Crypto currency, surely the leaders of other countries will follow in this footsteps and it is likely that the growth of Cryptocurrency will be better in the future ....
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Well, if that is happening now, i think i just using cryptocurrency without they find out about it.
Crypto is decentralized mate, no centralized party so we can use it individually without anyone knows.
Unless we are connected to centralized exchange or local exchange, they will not find out our coin addresses.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I can't entertain any fear if the president of my country makes crypto illegal or ban it, there are other ways we can exploit in order to use crypto without engaging authorities except the internet is completely shut down.
Decentralized and anonymous features of cryptos even make it easier to anonymously use it without any government interference thus any action by the authorities in order to traced or tracked it will be difficult.
The central Bank in my country made a pronouncement that cryptos are illegal two years ago while advising citizens to stay out of it however this statement does not deter people from using cryptos.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
It is possible that a president could ban crypto in a country, however the chances are very slim. Leaders don’t easily reject innovation specially if its useful and with potential. In crypto matters, most leaders are trying to understand and study it they don’t easily imposed ban once they knew the benefit of using the technology.
Activity: 210
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

What if, for example - like after that twitter hack - the President wakes up (in a bad mood) and decides with an executive order to make all crypto illegal in the USA?

Of course this probably will never happen in today's world, as the there is big money is invested into crypto currencies; but do you ever think that it is even remotely possible...

Or the next elected president is so "old school" and decides that crypto needs to go?

I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on crypto currencies is ever possible in your country?
Why would one have such fear when tou know that crypto does not work like that?
Crypto is decentralized, borderless and banless tech which cannot be controlled by any government because it is like an open financial system with no third party control. I even know many countries where crypto is officially banned at the moment but people are still buying, selling and holding crypto everyday so it literally does not matter.
Activity: 868
For now it is safe, but for the next day I do not know maybe over time crypto can be legalized. What is certain is that in my country the Asian part does not prohibit cryptoqurrency at all, it's just allowed as an investment tool and nothing more. and of course the risks are borne by each.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
in my country it doesn't even legalize crypto, but people use it and the government is aware. In my country, the government is starting to embrace the cryptocurrency market little by little. I know it will take some time, but I don't see the president making crypto illegal.
Same in our country. Crypto is getting popularity and users are increasing as well. The government is aware of this situation but didnt ban crypto or set it as illegal. Though they warned the people to be careful when investing in crypto (particularly in btc) due to its volatility and because it is unregulated which means no one can held accountable. For now the president has less interest to crypto due current condition of our country and the economy.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
No, it is possible but I am not worried. We can still a lot of ways on how we can access bitcoin related sites, though we cannot use bitcoin, which is also good since it only means that we should only hold it until they government will finally realize that the use of bitcoin should not be considered illegal.
Activity: 296
Merit: 1
in my country it doesn't even legalize crypto, but people use it and the government is aware. In my country, the government is starting to embrace the cryptocurrency market little by little. I know it will take some time, but I don't see the president making crypto illegal.
Activity: 352
Merit: 1
My president doesn't want crypto cos he feels threatened by it and with crypto they won't have control over everything, but I believe with time he will come to embrace it as this lockdown has opened more people to the advantages of cryptocurrency
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
You can, of course, prohibit anything, including cryptocurrency, but it is unlikely that anyone will be able to eradicate it from use. And it is unlikely that someone will prohibit, most likely, some kind of regulation will be introduced.
Activity: 451
Merit: 269

Do you think any of the big banks feel threaten by crypto ?

Or even Visa or Mastercard; as they have powerful lobbyist working for them (they fought Walmart and won).
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
I don't mean only America, what about in your country; do think that a future ban on crypto currencies is ever possible in your country?
Well, cryptocurrencies were created so that people, bypassing prohibitions, could interact with each other wherever they were. In addition ,the "snow avalanche" that absorbs and involves more and more people in crypto has already gained its momentum.
copper member
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
No, currently in my country cryptocurrency trading is allowed, and it is licensed by the government. I am not afraid that one day it will become illegal, because I will still be able to use it.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
I haven't seen a government that's powerful enough to ban crypto, it can never be banned, judging from past bans that occured in crypto space it shows that those bans aren't effective at all, some still use crypto in those countries that crypto was once banned
If banning really happens it might give significant effect though only when the punishment is heavy, otherwise it's not gonna be that effective and internet activities is really hard to trace.
But I'm sure that most of countries know that crypto is a technology that's inevitable and even if they did ban crypto it will still lives on.
I mean, just see how piracy still going on even after so many goverment attempt to reduce it. Not to mention the third world countries that usually weak in law enforcement and you should know that bitcoin is different than piracy whereas using bitcoin or crypto you are not making other people losing money.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
The possibility will be there even if crypto will become legal - laws and regulation can be committed to and can be cancelled as well.
However, I feel like as time passes by crypto became more of a strong trend that will flood over every country there is eventually, so its more of a question when crypto will be legal not "if"
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
I haven't seen a government that's powerful enough to ban crypto, it can never be banned, judging from past bans that occured in crypto space it shows that those bans aren't effective at all, some still use crypto in those countries that crypto was once banned
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
My president doesn't want crypto cos he feels threatened by it and with crypto they won't have control over everything,
Why it's all he? isn't it as a president he should protect the interest of people, and if people wants crypto as it can help them, maybe the President should give that to them. If other countries can legalized crypto, I think any country can as long as they have a law to regulate the market.

but I believe with time he will come to embrace it as this lockdown has opened more people to the advantages of cryptocurrency

Hopefully leaders will open their mind on crypto, evaluated it carefully first before making an assumption.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
My president doesn't want crypto cos he feels threatened by it and with crypto they won't have control over everything, but I believe with time he will come to embrace it as this lockdown has opened more people to the advantages of cryptocurrency

If a president doesn't want cryptocurrency because he won't have control of people's fund and that of the country, is he a life president? Or won't he leave office? Even a monarch will die and system will continue. Some country president might dislike cryptocurrency just for the protection of the citizens maybe against wrong investment in cryptocurrency and not just because of having control of the state fund.

with covid crisis that might take up to 2 years still i don't think this is the right time to actually impose things against crypto or bitcoin.

my country only started adopting cashless transaction which might actually be a good start for all countries to also follow the same path like the rest of the countries today that adopted BTC. south american countries was actually the last countries i think will adopt crypto but they are the first that did.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

If a president doesn't want cryptocurrency because he won't have control of people's fund and that of the country, is he a life president? Or won't he leave office? Even a monarch will die and system will continue. Some country president might dislike cryptocurrency just for the protection of the citizens maybe against wrong investment in cryptocurrency and not just because of having control of the state fund.
Pages:
Jump to: