Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you like Volatility? Debate - page 4. (Read 464 times)

Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com
March 29, 2021, 01:51:23 PM
i would say that i like volatility.
the reason is because volatility means that I feel the possible risk received will vary and provide opportunities for further movements. and in cryptocurrency volatility is very important as a measure of risk of loss and profit. rather than low volatility, it doesn't really provide the true characteristics of a cryptocurrency.

So it is very natural for bitcoins with the level of volatility that is going on at the moment, although some do not accept it because they have not accumulated a large amount of bitcoins. However, with that bitcoin's characteristics became even more prominent.

The most appropriate option for dealing with the continuing high surge in bitcoin prices in the future is earning interest as a method of passive income.
Activity: 518
Merit: 13
March 29, 2021, 01:44:48 PM
As I think that Bitcoin has nothing to do with being used as the currency of countries, I like the volatility in Bitcoin. Because I'm also a HODLer and really love making a good profit in the long run. Of course, there is always a risk for the price to come down to zero. So, we need to follow the price movements time to time for preparing ourselves better.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
March 29, 2021, 01:43:16 PM
You should be aware of the words you're using.

-Do you think that Volatility is unnecessary and should be leveled to match the market fiats so that Bitcoins can finally be stable and used as a currency.
You're saying that if it's not volatile, it can finally be used as a currency, concluding that it can't be used right now. Sure, the mining fees and the price fluctuations make it hard to work as a currency, but since people accept it as a medium of exchange, then it's a currency. (Now if it's a good or a bad one is a different topic)

Let me correct something that I personally find miswritten: If people saw it as a currency it'd have a stable price, not the opposite! It couldn't have mysteriously stable price and people would then see it differently. The majority of the people and their wallets decide "bitcoin's fate". If they believe that it'd be much better as an investment, then price will go ↑↓.

I'd personally be satisfied if the price stopped being that fluctuating, even if we all know that it'll bypass much higher numbers in the future.

Let me ask a question, why investors should invest in Bitcoin if it's stable in a place?
Why should they invest?
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
March 29, 2021, 01:33:20 PM
Let me ask a question, why investors should invest in Bitcoin if it's stable in a place? I know rather than call it to invest more suite is accumulate. But the truth is investors are here to take advantage of volatility. Honestly, they aren't thinking that Bitcoin was created to present a peer to peer electronic money. Why investors and big institutional investors aren't buying or storing USDT? Because it's s stable coin and they wouldn't take advantage of volatility. Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency because of its volatility. Very rarely users are thanking for the technology behind Bitcoin. Of course, I like volatility and that's call trading. Due to trading, we might see volatility on Bitcoin.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
March 29, 2021, 01:21:48 PM
I wanted to know the general preference of people here. What are your views on Volatility and why ?

-Do You Consider Volatility to be an opportunity Where you can buy more coins and hold them for later
              OR
-Do you think that Volatility is unnecessary and should be leveled to match the market fiats so that Bitcoins can finally be stable and used as a currency.

Let me present my point of view.
(A healthy discussion is greatly appreciated)
-I do think that Volatility is an amazing opportunity to not only gain some Bitcoins but also perfect for interday trading, at the same time for people who did miss the opportunity to buy some at the right time, it gives you an opportunity to make that right. At the same time I do trust that we can always achieve ATH therefore it's also a matter of patience. It's not like you would loose when the value goes down. So if you have : Patience and you did miss your chance, I do think Volatility is a healthy thing for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoins. Then again we don't need to always compare Bitcoins with things like : traditional money 💸 , it's a whole different story.

What do you think ?
(Image credits to the respective owners, taken from Google)

Pages:
Jump to: