Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you recommend staking? - page 5. (Read 6432 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
August 15, 2021, 05:28:23 AM
I was looking at staking my ethereum. The interest rate seems good and I found BlockFi.com which seems to be around 10% (not guaranteed rate though). Is there a risk of losing coins and is staking recommended? For Ethereum, which site pays the highest APR and is the most reliable/safest?
I don't know a platform that provides ETH staking with high APR, but I can give you information so you don't have to worry when you want to stake ETH, you can visit the official website here https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/staking/
There you can get the information you need, because the explanation there is clear and detailed.

If my advice, you are better off looking for other coins like Zilliqa or Atom that have a high APR than ETH, not only high APR but also easy, you just need to install the wallet and can staking easily.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
August 14, 2021, 07:49:57 PM
I was looking at staking my ethereum. The interest rate seems good and I found BlockFi.com which seems to be around 10% (not guaranteed rate though). Is there a risk of losing coins and is staking recommended? For Ethereum, which site pays the highest APR and is the most reliable/safest?

Thanks!
Staking your Ethereum is good imo, the only problem is that the return ain't that much just 10% APY, I would have adviced you to try staking other altcoins on another DeFi platform, the only downside is that DeFi platforms that offer high APY's are usually prone to rug pull or getting hacked and I wouldn't want you to get in the middle of it since DeFi platforms are targeted by hackers recently, stake your eth if your planning to hold for long term you could earn some rewards for doing so.

It is better to stake on an established platform rather than risk your funds to substandard defi offering high APY. A lot of DeFi platforms either exit the game via abandoning their site or owed to hacking (with suspicions of inside job). So it is better to stake your eth in popular platforms like binance or blockfi. They may not give the APY you want but they are considerably trustworthy.
Activity: 62
Merit: 4
August 14, 2021, 07:48:52 PM

Thanks!

For staking sites that pay the highest APR and are safe, it can't be recommended just like that, because the APR payments are almost the same from all these staking sites.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
August 14, 2021, 07:06:44 PM

Thanks!
Staking your Ethereum is good imo, the only problem is that the return ain't that much just 10% APY, I would have adviced you to try staking other altcoins on another DeFi platform, the only downside is that DeFi platforms that offer high APY's are usually prone to rug pull or getting hacked and I wouldn't want you to get in the middle of it since DeFi platforms are targeted by hackers recently, stake your eth if your planning to hold for long term you could earn some rewards for doing so.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131
August 14, 2021, 06:50:04 PM
Staking is beneficial if you are looking for a long-term investment, especially in established coins. It also protects your investment by preventing you from not spending it during difficult times due to its conditions (lockin period) or the terms of the coins you are staking.
It's a good way to earn a little addition but it's not that really huge but you won't have any problem if you earn by just staking it, right? As you hold, you stake but do that at the right platform because if you feel unsafe where you stake.
You just have to hold it. Well, I do recommend staking and that's what my long term plan is to do but not with just random coins. It's still better to choose the best coins that you can stake and those that are at the top, not those newest that the risk is much higher.
Staking isnt really that appealing considering the APY gains then if you do have that common sense then simply holding will give you more profits rather than on considering on putting some coins for staking.

Specially that most of them are on platforms to be widtheld which means you dont have the access of the said wallet which is also part of the risk.For noncustodial wallet staking then its considerable

but i would still prefer on holding it instead and leave it for 1 year and for sure % gain would be more much better than staking.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 14, 2021, 06:34:10 PM
Staking is beneficial if you are looking for a long-term investment, especially in established coins. It also protects your investment by preventing you from not spending it during difficult times due to its conditions (lockin period) or the terms of the coins you are staking.
It's a good way to earn a little addition but it's not that really huge but you won't have any problem if you earn by just staking it, right? As you hold, you stake but do that at the right platform because if you feel unsafe where you stake.
You just have to hold it. Well, I do recommend staking and that's what my long term plan is to do but not with just random coins. It's still better to choose the best coins that you can stake and those that are at the top, not those newest that the risk is much higher.
Activity: 643
Merit: 1
August 14, 2021, 04:04:01 PM
Activity: 398
Merit: 13
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 07, 2021, 04:31:36 PM
If you want to staking with others altcoins, i may not recommended cause they mightn't be safe enough for long term. but no worries about eth! You can definitely go for it. I heard positive review about BlockFi but that was long time ago. You staking on their side but recently i don't hear latest update about their policy, as well. I think binance exchange may the best choice for your eth staking
Activity: 727
Merit: 109
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 06, 2021, 03:09:52 PM
Million of people are get themselves participated on staking programme, so i don't think its too much dangerous or loss project something! So obviously i can recommend staking as this is another easy way to earn money. But the major point is, staking need lagre amount of money! If you aren’t worthy enough, then this Isn’t for you. Also dont stake all your ether or you may regret if any accident occurred.
Activity: 423
Merit: 11
August 05, 2021, 03:48:10 PM

Thanks!

I see the BlockFi.com site now as very different from before, and the amount of APR offered is also different from before. The APR for Ether was previously 10% and is now much lower. In fact they are more focused on crypto trading, not staking. If you are asking for my recommendation, then I would prefer Binance, or another exchange that is already very popular.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
July 29, 2021, 07:47:04 PM
I heard some of my friends constantly earning income with staking masternode coin . but i didn't really follow what's happening now and it seems that there are a lot of coins that can't be staked but are staked by these platforms. I'm not really interested in things like that there are a lot of risks its more than only holding coin. and usually its needed large capital.

Because most staking coins has no actual use case, so they are just staking coins and sell it in the market afterwards. Which for me is not a sustainable approach. Once these stakers have had enough, they can easily hop to another project and look for more profitable coin. It is good if you are staking eth for example, because this is a very well established platform. But for other alts, most of them have only short lifespan, so you need to get out while they still have value in the market. Otherwise, you may end up holding worthless staked coins.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 326
July 29, 2021, 07:23:49 PM
I heard some of my friends constantly earning income with staking masternode coin . but i didn't really follow what's happening now and it seems that there are a lot of coins that can't be staked but are staked by these platforms. I'm not really interested in things like that there are a lot of risks its more than only holding coin. and usually its needed large capital.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 333
July 29, 2021, 07:14:15 PM
Through staking more circulation and holding is maintained. This will help with the circulating volume of the respective cryptocurrency. Staking is good, and it becomes more effective when we stake the right one. Projects with good development and real-time application gets good result through staking. In the past several projects have gone unknown just because it got dumped soon after getting listed for trading. Through staking phenomenon this can be overcome.
this is strategy that runned by dev to decrease supply in market by offer certain return for those participate in staking program. But it is not enough to give high APY without doing something usefull in this project , staking will be useless if this condition met. Investors dumped their token due several reason ,of them maybe dev team didnt do good communication with community about developtment progress.

staking is good when you are not a holder and prefer to be a long-term investor. There are several flexible and locked plaforms, you just choose which one do you like the most with good APR. If coins that you staking trusted project with good development and had a good movement I think it's quite safe to stake in a long time
this is point definately right , APY return must move parallel with developtment progress so we have double value .
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406
July 29, 2021, 06:43:32 PM
Only if you can be sure that the staking reward is good and you have a good number of the coins/tokens to stake to generate good reward,  otherwise I won't recommend staking because at the end of the day, you will not be happy with what you will receive, more like it benefits the project more than the staker imo.

Yeah but when coins are set up that way, just like with bitcoin mining, sometimes it doesn't benefit the holder as much as it does the network.  In tes of percentage gains.  If you are going to Ling term hold your coins and a platform is relatively risk free then even a small percentage is better than nothing really.
Activity: 177
Merit: 50
My Dream Comes True
July 29, 2021, 06:40:56 PM
staking is good when you are not a holder and prefer to be a long-term investor. There are several flexible and locked plaforms, you just choose which one do you like the most with good APR. If coins that you staking trusted project with good development and had a good movement I think it's quite safe to stake in a long time
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
July 29, 2021, 06:34:06 PM
Through staking more circulation and holding is maintained. This will help with the circulating volume of the respective cryptocurrency. Staking is good, and it becomes more effective when we stake the right one. Projects with good development and real-time application gets good result through staking. In the past several projects have gone unknown just because it got dumped soon after getting listed for trading. Through staking phenomenon this can be overcome.
Activity: 897
Merit: 101
July 29, 2021, 06:28:24 PM
The most interesting system that projects owners have invented to boost the attention of coin holders is the staking system. This is currently the most common system.As soon as a project is listed on the exchange, the staking system will be introduced. So its market value also increases.
staking not automaticly increase token value , but project developtment quality for token utility will influence how token value is. If dev team could attract demand for utility and usecase automaticly price will increase , and when it happen staking program launched to reduce supply in market  by giving return in certain periode. if dev team only offer high APR without any token utility value , in my opinion its useless.

If you are long term holder and there is nice interest rates why not but i dont suggest to become a liqudity provider if your not locking stable coins because imperminant lose could be harmful
providing liquidity provider in good project will give us more benefit, especially when our DEX have airdrop to liqudity platform usually this one will get more alllocation.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 100
July 29, 2021, 02:44:57 PM
The most interesting system that projects owners have invented to boost the attention of coin holders is the staking system. This is currently the most common system.As soon as a project is listed on the exchange, the staking system will be introduced. So its market value also increases.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
July 29, 2021, 01:29:15 AM

Thanks!
I do recommend to staking your coin, it make you earn more money while you holding your coins. Its good to staking your ethereum cause i think ethereum have good future. Just staking your ethereum on reliable site i think its good to staking on exchange such as coinbase and binance.
Activity: 840
Merit: 6
July 29, 2021, 12:58:23 AM

Thanks!
You can stake ETH with Lido then put that in Curve or Saddle or Pickle for up to 15% apy. It's easier however to just stake NEAR protocol for 11.5% APY.
Pages:
Jump to: