Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you regret selling your BTCs? - page 4. (Read 1594 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 114
December 18, 2017, 08:07:35 PM
Partly. It's very difficult to do something right when money is involved. If you secure profits, which is a good thing, you likely get disappointed when the price keeps going up. If you choose to not sell at all, and the price is going down, you will again be disappointed, so whatever you do, it's almost impossible to not at least for a tiny bit regret your action. In order to find a balance, you should only sell smaller batches per time, which will allow you to even after a higher increase still benefit.
I've felt sorry, but I do not regret it now. I used to have a job paying me with Bitcoin, at that time I was very happy and able to collect Bitcoin with a very large number. But I did not dare to invest because I was afraid that Bitcoin would fall or crash. I'm afraid that Bitcoin's price will go down and I will not want to invest. But now I'm sure because I've known Bitcoin for years. Since the price touched $ 4000 I have no doubt and more spirit to search and collect Bitcoin as much as possible. Regretting is useless, we can only learn from experience.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
December 18, 2017, 07:31:27 PM
If you're an early adopter and had bitcoins at the beginning of the year or earlier and you've seen the price go up a few thousands  and decided to sell in order to grab the gains, you certainly are regretting that. Now you see the price rocketing to 18K in just a few weeks, you must be eating your heart out.
But no worries, just buy again and hold till at least next year. It's not too late to profit from Bitcoins increasing price.
An early adopter probably does not care since he probably has thousands of coins, and he got them for a relatively cheap price, however regular people like us with small holdings need to hold for as long as possible so we capture most of the bull market when we cash out, it is not easy since it is very tempting to sell at the current prices but I'm not going to sell until bitcoin reaches 100k.
True,  looking at the current bitcoin price it is really tempting to see that it is that high.  But just like what you said, I need to continue holding since I haven't been that long in earning bitcoin. I am just selling the amount that I needed to be able to support my needs and school.  This way,  I will still be able to save money and have the opportunity to gain profit while earning.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
December 18, 2017, 07:28:41 PM
Yes, I feel regret sell bitcoin when price still churn down. But, I keep getting excited to buy when i have money even though bitcoin looks high now. Because, I feel next few years bitcoin becomes more expensive than now.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 18, 2017, 07:27:46 PM
Partly. It's very difficult to do something right when money is involved. If you secure profits, which is a good thing, you likely get disappointed when the price keeps going up. If you choose to not sell at all, and the price is going down, you will again be disappointed, so whatever you do, it's almost impossible to not at least for a tiny bit regret your action. In order to find a balance, you should only sell smaller batches per time, which will allow you to even after a higher increase still benefit. I cashed out a small batch of my profits around $16k, where we now hover around $18.5k, which for me is still great considering that I have enough coins in my 'pocket'. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
December 18, 2017, 04:29:53 PM
If you're an early adopter and had bitcoins at the beginning of the year or earlier and you've seen the price go up a few thousands  and decided to sell in order to grab the gains, you certainly are regretting that. Now you see the price rocketing to 18K in just a few weeks, you must be eating your heart out.
But no worries, just buy again and hold till at least next year. It's not too late to profit from Bitcoins increasing price.
An early adopter probably does not care since he probably has thousands of coins, and he got them for a relatively cheap price, however regular people like us with small holdings need to hold for as long as possible so we capture most of the bull market when we cash out, it is not easy since it is very tempting to sell at the current prices but I'm not going to sell until bitcoin reaches 100k.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
December 18, 2017, 03:46:57 PM
Theres an easy solution to regret and thats to realise you wont live forever so make the most of each day and maybe more practical is to only sell your BTC to invest into other things.    Dont spend it on junk because then you will regret as much the purchase was not worth it,  this is a shock to the system for most as modern society has become about spend spend spend and with BTC you should consider do I really need to because I might lose out.

The BTC I spent went onto things like a monitor, I was using a chunky old CRT screen for years and because everyone else is on a nice screen I was finding webpages were increasingly hard to read.  You dont realise it but they accommodate the average user setup in their web design and that is not an old CRT.

So I used to be a BTC miner, not tons but enough to buy a nicer widescreen LCD display which is so much finer then the old one and it let me carry on using the internet.  So it was a reasonable investment, in todays money that monitor was about $5,000 maybe.   Thats too bad but I cant regret having to use my funds sometimes and it was fairly essential.

Last year I sold 0.3 btc for a few hundred dollars.   Again to buy computer parts, kinda essential.    The main way I've sold BTC this year ( I held most till the summer) was to buy in some gold, this is a very reasonable hedge and parallel to crypto in not being part of the FIAT or QE system we are all stuck in.

Thats my main recommendation to people who find they sell BTC or feel they have to.   Hold a bit of gold as well because this has been used as a hedge for centuries and it will continue now, major exporting countries are currently buying in larger quantities then they have for decades previously.   I take that as a new paradigm as much as cryptocurrency has been, however right now its not as popular Im sure.

One of the best posts here. I agree with this 100%.

Only spend btc on things you absolutely need, or other hedge vehicles like PMs. Don't spend it on junk and other depreciating goods that you could just as easily spend your fiat money on. Buy back btc whenever you can. That way you have no regrets.
There is no need to fell regret in selling bitcoin and I never feel regret when I’m selling bitcoin because when I sell bitcoin so I get profit from it because I’m investor here so I always buy bitcoin when its price is low and then I sell bitcoin when its price go high so it’s a rules of business some time you will sell and some time you will buy bitcoin and I’m sure every will do same as I’m doing so selling bitcoin is a very good source of income.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
December 18, 2017, 01:45:31 PM
Honestly, everyone who sold their budget  from bitcoin, he will regret it in the future. So this is a bad time to selling for some cryptocurrencies (especially bitcoin), and the price develops at a fast and huge way during this period of time.
In fact, it's time to collecting big budget of bitcoin and everyone can do it in many ways.
For me the best steps are:
1: Collecting a big value of bitcoin (You can achieve this through many jobs. such as: signature campaign, trading, mining...).
2: Holding.
3: Investing all the money.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 18, 2017, 01:39:57 PM
Yes, I do regret. My money could have been tripled from now on, I have $500 way back September and every time I see bitcoin increasing it breaks my heart and regret for not holding. I will start holding next year for over a year
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
December 18, 2017, 01:22:02 PM
Well part of me is regretting that i sold my bitcoin in the past but still if i didn't sell it that time i won't reach on where i am today. Bitcoin price is still increasing and i think it will reach a higher price till the end of 2017 but as the saying say ''live life with no regrets.''
It alright we do mistakes not sometimes but everytime even if your not a klutz were not perfect man. And we didnt know that bitcoin has that potential to grow. Well its understandable why people dont trust bitcoin st first cause its not well credited and safe or can be said legit because it is decentralized. Although if you use it and experience using it you might be overwhelmed of the growing value over a short time in a modern world.

On point! I agree because I too believe that experience is the best teacher. We can't blame ourselves for the decisions and moves we did before that may or may not have come out successful. During that time, that's what our gut feeling tells us, and even if it turned out wrong, to a prudent person, he may still get something good out of it by the lessons he have learned. Also, one can't live in fear of failure because it is always around. If you would regret all the moves you make, then you are not fit to be in this market, because the avenue for failure is always big given that the value of the coins may change at any moment.

In investing or in life in general, with should also have room to learn from our mistakes and be open to accept our failures. It's our failures which make us stronger and better. Investing and trading is very risky, not only with bitcoin or cryptocurrency. We shouldn't let this hinder us or make us scared from trying again. No expert out there never made a mistake before becoming an expert.

I have some regrets myself for selling poorly some of my btc in the past but I've learned to accept it so that in the future, I won't do the same and this will make me have better decisions.
Activity: 31
December 18, 2017, 01:08:30 PM
Yes I really regret it, not only my BTC but my Litecoins which was trading in 70 usd some years ago is now around 300 usd range. I want to hold all my shit coins from today and belive,5 years time, I will retire.

lucky man who invest 10,000$ in bitcoin at 2017/12/01 will be rich now.

now all virtual coin is investment
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
December 18, 2017, 12:37:02 PM
don't regret anything,ever
whatever you are doing you are doing it to the best of your knowledge at that time
you can't change things,but can learn from mistakes
for that you do not have to regret what you have done but try to analyze why and what
so you do not repeat your mistakes
with bitcoins it is same-you sold your coins and they gained value,happens,next time HODL
on the other hand,imagine how many good decisions you make but do not pay attention to,daily?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
December 18, 2017, 12:29:24 PM
I don't regret anything because I haven't sold anything. Grin I don't even think I would regret a certain move, even if I did sell at the wrong moment, because every time I have sold in the past, I sold to secure profits.

Realistically, as long as you sell to secure profits there is no need to get upset or sad about your move. In this market selling will likely only result in disappointment since the price goes up non stop, which is why I don't even bother selling.

My coins are safely stored offline and will stay there for much longer, because in current times hodlers are the big gainers here. Selling should only be an option in case of emergency, if not, then just keep hodling firmly.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
December 18, 2017, 11:24:43 AM
Yes I really regret it, not only my BTC but my Litecoins which was trading in 70 usd some years ago is now around 300 usd range. I want to hold all my shit coins from today and belive,5 years time, I will retire.
Everyone must have experienced something similar. We all must admit that we first recognize bitcoin so we are not sure about it. In the beginning bitcoin can be regarded as a joke and also only has a low price value. But imagine what's happening right now, we've all seen a huge change. Bitcoin can be said as a new force in the field of economy in the world today. It's all like a dream because we can become rich after knowing bitcoin.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 18, 2017, 10:30:43 AM
Well part of me is regretting that i sold my bitcoin in the past but still if i didn't sell it that time i won't reach on where i am today. Bitcoin price is still increasing and i think it will reach a higher price till the end of 2017 but as the saying say ''live life with no regrets.''
It alright we do mistakes not sometimes but everytime even if your not a klutz were not perfect man. And we didnt know that bitcoin has that potential to grow. Well its understandable why people dont trust bitcoin st first cause its not well credited and safe or can be said legit because it is decentralized. Although if you use it and experience using it you might be overwhelmed of the growing value over a short time in a modern world.

On point! I agree because I too believe that experience is the best teacher. We can't blame ourselves for the decisions and moves we did before that may or may not have come out successful. During that time, that's what our gut feeling tells us, and even if it turned out wrong, to a prudent person, he may still get something good out of it by the lessons he have learned. Also, one can't live in fear of failure because it is always around. If you would regret all the moves you make, then you are not fit to be in this market, because the avenue for failure is always big given that the value of the coins may change at any moment.
Activity: 83
December 18, 2017, 09:17:49 AM
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
December 18, 2017, 08:46:18 AM
To be honest, as you can see, the current price of BTC is just unbelievable, have you ever owned some BTCs before? If so, are they still in your wallet? You may be deadly regretable if you already sold them out? I guess.

P.S.: I have an price analysis for today as below.

I'm pretty sure everyone of us here have our own regrets when it comes to selling off portions of our btc. We know for sure that btc will hit high and we only need to have patience to see the fruits of our labor but never did we imagine that it will all be so fast like this. Back then I've sold some of my coins thinking that I can buy back again anytime since the price is still reasonable and I can afford to buy in some more in place of what I've sold. But honestly, looking at the current price, I'm not sure if I can still acquire a decent amount of btc. So yeah, I have a little bit of regrets but not that I cannot get over with because I've made good profits even if I sold early and I'm still thankful for it because I can't even get that kind of amount if my money is just sleeping in my bank account, right?
Not everyone sure would have had the patience and while some really had it, some just had to spend it based on their needs at that particular moment in time. I have spent some of my BTC but I save most of them. The only reason why I may not regret is because I utilized them to fund some other businesses offline but as still as I am much part of the crypto game by still having a lot left, I am sure not regretting anything. I am sacrificing a lot now to reap the benefits of all my investments in the long run.
Activity: 82
December 18, 2017, 08:35:02 AM
To be honest, as you can see, the current price of BTC is just unbelievable, have you ever owned some BTCs before? If so, are they still in your wallet? You may be deadly regretable if you already sold them out? I guess.

P.S.: I have an price analysis for today as below.

BTC:
BTC price skyrockets though day traders dump their BTCs out of panic, nevertheless, those new traders rushing into the market are still taking those BTCs over at high levels. Here is my advice: For BTC believers, you can just hold on to your BTCs however the price changes. For day traders, pay special attention to the short-term risks. Once price breaks below MA 5, profit booking should be considered. Nothing will just keep increasing in price without dips, we’ll have another chance to buy BTC in sooner or later.

BCH:
BCH got supported just above the line as I circled yesterday. Today, we saw a violent rally of BCH price which seemed fearless when facing BTC’s astonishing gains, indicating that main funds are determined to protect BCH from dropping. Competitive coins against BTC will have another round of bullish trend when BTC price starts a correction.

LTC:
LTC got a short-term and effective support at current price. A good rally of LTC price is expected when BTC price starts a correction. Also, it’s likely for LTC to continues setting a new all-time high, holding on to your positions is the best strategy for now.

ETC:
ETC price action seems relatively weak. Though forks are coming to ETC like what happened to BTC, the overall environment is changed now. Therefore, ETC is still likely to be oscillating and downward in terms of short-term price trend.

Altcoins:
Those altcoins with support from main funds can be our targets. The astonishing surges in BTC price almost lower all altcoins’ prices, including those with positions set by main funds. Altcoins mentioned above are expected to experience a good rally in price and regain their grounds taken by BTCs. Let’s wait and see.

Original by Kuang Ren, translated and posted by AICoin Jami.

I think don't sell your BTC
Activity: 519
Merit: 101
December 18, 2017, 08:29:40 AM

Yes bitcoin price now is so unbelievable. I did not expect this well I guess no one did. Yes I own a btc. But before the price of bitcoin goes so up high, I sell almost 3/4 of what I have. In that time bitcoin price is just 2000 USD. yes I get a big money by that time but it will much be bigger by now ; not double, not triple but more than. If ever I remember that yes I regret it so much. How I wish I can get back that amount of bitcoin I had. But life does not end up there, i will try to earn it back and unlike before I will hold it.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
December 18, 2017, 08:18:32 AM
I am very regrettable, I sold many bitcoins when Bitcoin was $ 10,000. I never sold all my Bitcoins, but I think $ 10,000 was a little exciting for me. I did not invest a long time due to the mistake I made.
Activity: 790
Merit: 261
December 18, 2017, 04:05:46 AM
Yes but I just keep on reminding myself that even those who have a hundreds of btc that bought it earlier have sold all of they have and I made profit so there is nothing to regret at the first place.

That's how we need to be as my case has been similar to your's even I sold my bitcoin at the p4ice of $2000 which I bought around $400 but I sold it as it was the only source of income for me at that point of time and the reason for investment is for a better future and for better future we should survive and selling bitcoin was my survival so I don't regret as I cannot go hungry to bed thinking If I sleep hungry for months I can earn more in return which will eventually be spent on health so I am proud I sold my bitcoin and the decision to invest into it as it acted as a saviour for me.
Pages:
Jump to: