Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you remember how you feel about during 2008? - page 9. (Read 1092 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 10
I heard during 2008 bitcoin still have lower price and many people still do not know about what is bitcoin and what for we use bitcoin, I know about bitcoin last three years and price still at $200, maybe I will be rich person if know about bitcoin during 2008.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 116
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
2008/2009 feel like very special year for me, I could feel all the people around me are very different compare to before, they have a lot of worries, I overheard one of my respected senior talking about their worry about their pension, worry about the future generation, worry about their job security, a lot of worry, but as a millennial I have no clue why they're so worry about them.

To flash back it today, I'm still unable to understand all their worries, it may be the reason of age-gap, the one age group that felt stronger came from the older generation.

Well, I would like you to describe what's your feeling about 2008 and why it is so special compare to any other year like 2009,2010,2011 etc.

Most millennials, especially younger ones, have a lot less money saved than previous generations. Cost of living is much higher now, wages are stagnant, and consumer culture also encourages high levels of debt. That means on average, their retirement accounts are paltry, if they exist at all.

In 2008, I remember hearing the grumblings of older folks who were watching their retirement savings tank in value because they had left everything in the stock market. That's typical for 401(k) investment. Meanwhile, I didn't care because I had no retirement savings anyway. I was living hand to mouth and couldn't care less about the stock market, bailouts, or any of it.
I'm agree with it, most millenias could only get into debt, personal loan, study loan, getting married and easily piled up with so much loan that no recourse, my peer are getting 100k in scholarship in that year, but they're quickly spend it up, I'm too surprise how fast they spend the money as I thought it could be enough for a typical person to last for many years of many bills and expense, but well, not today though. I think today everyone, no limited to millenias are highly in debt, old or young all have debt.
2008 I did not know crypto, getting to know it was 2013 when I heard that steam games accept payments with bitcoin. my feeling is just weird because I don't know what the currency is, because what I know is paypal or credit card. but after 2017 and learn more about bitcoin, it turned out to make me feel even more happy.
I believe everyone should come across the name during their usual internet routine everyday, it has no value until late 2011, it is when the first time I know about its exist, and I got to know it associated with some drug money however since then I try to find out more info but to no availed to how to get one, I don't even know mining and any software, I first thought it was some kind of money just like PayPal, or some in game currency, and I started to monitor the price since 2013 when the smartphone are easily to obtain and some app, I'm still not able to get some of them, it's just too hard for me to get them, of course I'm not gonna sell drug for bitcoin to get some of it, you know it will land me to jail immediately. Well then I read the history of exchange hack and everything to find out how some of them could bought it legally, it's kinda funny through. And I believe those earlier adopter must be some kind of nerd of the nerds who are so tech savvy that only very selected few that come from the outer world could bought it legally.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
2008 I did not know crypto, getting to know it was 2013 when I heard that steam games accept payments with bitcoin. my feeling is just weird because I don't know what the currency is, because what I know is paypal or credit card. but after 2017 and learn more about bitcoin, it turned out to make me feel even more happy.
Like I felt in 2018 after buying few alts @ Nov - Dec 2017 Smiley
Because I bought 2 studios at the highest possible price, just months before the 2008 recession. At the end, I lost the second unit, but managed to save the first one and it already covered my losses from second unit. It's the same now with alts, more are dead and let's hope that the rest will cover our loses.

That certainly look bad for losing a unit. I believe most people would treat their house as the biggest investment in their life, that sound like the 2008 are caused by housing bubble, but I doubt it's the same like 2018, obviously I could feel something special in 2018, I believe the crypto bubble are nowhere near the 2008, a peer of mine bought a condo unit few years ago, between 2016, I think they're buying it during the peak too, now they're telling me their unit are dropping in price by roughly 30% below their purchasing price, they're now making loss for their unit, and itsnt cheap too, they bought near to 1m dollar price which is three fold higher than equivalent unit decade ago, but I don't feel they're the same worry just like 2008, or it would need to take another few years, say 2020 to feel the same depression again? Well I hope it didn't come back too.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
2008/2009 feel like very special year for me, I could feel all the people around me are very different compare to before, they have a lot of worries, I overheard one of my respected senior talking about their worry about their pension, worry about the future generation, worry about their job security, a lot of worry, but as a millennial I have no clue why they're so worry about them.

To flash back it today, I'm still unable to understand all their worries, it may be the reason of age-gap, the one age group that felt stronger came from the older generation.

Well, I would like you to describe what's your feeling about 2008 and why it is so special compare to any other year like 2009,2010,2011 etc.

Most millennials, especially younger ones, have a lot less money saved than previous generations. Cost of living is much higher now, wages are stagnant, and consumer culture also encourages high levels of debt. That means on average, their retirement accounts are paltry, if they exist at all.

In 2008, I remember hearing the grumblings of older folks who were watching their retirement savings tank in value because they had left everything in the stock market. That's typical for 401(k) investment. Meanwhile, I didn't care because I had no retirement savings anyway. I was living hand to mouth and couldn't care less about the stock market, bailouts, or any of it.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
Like I felt in 2018 after buying few alts @ Nov - Dec 2017 Smiley
Because I bought 2 studios at the highest possible price, just months before the 2008 recession. At the end, I lost the second unit, but managed to save the first one and it already covered my losses from second unit. It's the same now with alts, more are dead and let's hope that the rest will cover our loses.

Also bitcoin was born in this particular year, the emotion must be so strong that it drive Satoshi to finally decide to do it.
Pages:
Jump to: