Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 64. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
As the price of bitcoin keeps growing I think it will be impossible for many users of countries with low income to keep using bitcoin, not only for the fees but the price in itself, just look at the price right now and if some of the prediction come true about the future price of bitcoin, then things are going to become even worst.
That is one of the things that we need to consider for bitcoin, most of the people that i know also want to use bitcoin  as their currency but the problem is, they can't afford such thing like the regular fees when they are doing transaction and also the continuous rising for the price of bitcoin which is not affordable anymore for other people.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
As the price of bitcoin keeps growing I think it will be impossible for many users of countries with low income to keep using bitcoin, not only for the fees but the price in itself, just look at the price right now and if some of the prediction come true about the future price of bitcoin, then things are going to become even worst.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
Etherum price 100$ up from 10$,doge price 90sat from 17 sat ltc price 30@ from 5$ dash 100$ from 10$ all that alts are much more profitable than btc but thay are kind of blue cheaps
yes there are so many potentially good altcoin, but still not a single one can compare with bitcoin. bitcoin is number one crypto currency and hopeful that bitcoin will remain as number one currency of the world .
I think those altcoin will stay as altcoin that is why they are called altcoin because they are just alternative..  unless if the whole blockchain network was destroy maybe the other altcoin will be replace the bitcoin.. but i think it is impossible to happen since many people are hoping for future about bitcoin ..
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I steadily see bitcoins market dominance decreasing a point or so a day all the alts will become bitcoins in their own right.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Etherum price 100$ up from 10$,doge price 90sat from 17 sat ltc price 30@ from 5$ dash 100$ from 10$ all that alts are much more profitable than btc but thay are kind of blue cheaps
yes there are so many potentially good altcoin, but still not a single one can compare with bitcoin. bitcoin is number one crypto currency and hopeful that bitcoin will remain as number one currency of the world .
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
If you look at more then 3 months back or better at January this year you will see that all coins are going up some in small percentage other in very large ones (i mean some went over 200 - 300 or even more in %). Off course if someone invested then now can laugh at us all cuz he made right choice with some coin.
when bitcoin start increasing then altcoin stop or reduce their increasing speed, in fact most of the people invest their money in bitcoin and they do not give any prefer to bitcoin, but when the price of bitcoin become a little stable the people start taking interested in alt coin.
yes that is very right, as we can see that in present time most of the people have invested their money in bitcoin and are still waiting for the price to increase more and more. i think most of the people are still interested to invest money in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
If you look at more then 3 months back or better at January this year you will see that all coins are going up some in small percentage other in very large ones (i mean some went over 200 - 300 or even more in %). Off course if someone invested then now can laugh at us all cuz he made right choice with some coin.
when bitcoin start increasing then altcoin stop or reduce their increasing speed, in fact most of the people invest their money in bitcoin and they do not give any prefer to bitcoin, but when the price of bitcoin become a little stable the people start taking interested in alt coin.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
I don't think that short term growth or even having their value tripled signifies that they have a chance against Bitcoin. Because one thing they don't have against Bitcoin is actual use as a currency. Because the only cryptocurrency that can be use to transact widely is Bitcoin, and I don't think that businesses are open to add another cryptocurrency to their payment method.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Yeah, course. Take a look LTC and ETH, both which have the potential to crawl up. Even CLAM began to show movement again. Trade is very exciting, where bitcoin against dollar rise, altcoin also go up.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
For sure, altcoin market is a booming market, yet I don't exactly understand what you mean saying change against Bitcoin. None of them can leap Bitcoin. But this does not mean Bitcoin is always more profitable than altcoins. Altcoins have been taking an important fraction of total coin market cap.

You shouldn't be so sure that alts cannot overtake Bitcoin. Ethereum is now worth a third of Bitcoin (in terms of market capitalization). Other alts are barking on Bitcoin's heels too.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
ETH maybe have a chances to against bitcoins
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
For sure, altcoin market is a booming market, yet I don't exactly understand what you mean saying change against Bitcoin. None of them can leap Bitcoin. But this does not mean Bitcoin is always more profitable than altcoins. Altcoins have been taking an important fraction of total coin market cap.

I think he meant altcoins replacing bitcoins or surpassing its market cap. Altcoin has been more profitable than bitcoins for a long time. Since you can easily become a whale in the altcoin market, you can hold multiple coins at once. Supposed that the price of the altcoin you're holding increased by a dollar and you're holding 100pcs, then you just earned 100$. But when the price of bitcoin increased by a dollar, you're not going to earn as much since 1 bitcoin is worth too much.

When both bitcoins and your altcoin is pumping, then there's even more profit fiat-wise.
Activity: 644
Merit: 271
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
For now bitcoin still has great power in world economic market. Altcoin is a digital currency that has the same chances as bitcoin.
But now almost everyone uses bitcoin, while altcoin is just a tool for trading.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
I think the biggest threat for bitcoin will probably be Ethereum. Just because it's so much more than a way of making transactions. The smart contracts are extremely exciting and I would love to know how those will affect the world in 5 to 10 years from now. The main problems that bitcoin has right now is scalability and transaction speed. Right now transactions can sometimes take way too long even when paying a fairly high fee. We'll hopefully see how those problems will be solved in the near future. But I think aslong as bitcoin keeps it's value it will be king.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
No i don't think so i mean if you see bitcoin is legend and the only unique coin the alts are just their to give it some sort of competition and nothing else. It's just like gold, there are different diamonds like ruby, sapphire but in the end gold is the one who is leading at the end of the day. If i have to say ether can have a good chance against bitcoin.
All the altcoins are just trying to catch up to the bitcoin they have struggled for years now to be like the bitcoin but they always fail, however they may not seem like they are doing much right now but in the long term they may become worthful since the market cap for bitcoin is limited.

So, when there is no more bitcoin to mine it will get very expensive and that means that people won’t be able to get as much as they do now, which means they are going to search for alternatives, and then they will rise.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
May you should rephrase Does BTC have a Chance against the ALTS?

~ Jan 30th, 2017
BTC Price was $922.95
LTC Price was     $3.86

Now on May 04, 2017
BTC Price is $1500.13
LTC Price is     $21.78

BTC Price increased by ~62%
LTC Price increased by
~564.3%

Writing is on the Wall People , Profit from it or ignore it , your Choice!

$1000 invested in BTC would now be $ 1620

$1000 invested in LTC would now be $ 5643   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Class Dismissed.  Smiley

Cool

SO it means we have to invest to litecoin?
This is amazing if litecoin will gonna dump the strongness of bitcoin now, we can see how bitcoin supporters supports bitcoin itself, how it rises up easily, unlike others, we can see it now.
Bitcoin is strong, there are many investors behind it.
I believe that the price of LTC increased more higher than bitcoin but still I believe more in investment of bitcoin because the base of bitcoin is stronger there is a constant demand of bitcoin and people do not use it alone for trade like buying and selling while LTC is nowadays mainly used for trade so when people see that the price increased much high then they all will sell and the price will dump much lower.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
No i don't think so i mean if you see bitcoin is legend and the only unique coin the alts are just their to give it some sort of competition and nothing else. It's just like gold, there are different diamonds like ruby, sapphire but in the end gold is the one who is leading at the end of the day. If i have to say ether can have a good chance against bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: