Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 59. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 837
Merit: 500
Bitcoin's not going anywhere.  It's the gold standard.

I think there is room for "alts" if they can do something better than bitcoin can, or if they can do something that bitcoin can't.

The obvious thing is low transaction fees for smaller payments.  Bitcoin seems to be giving up that segment at the moment, though it's possible it could reclaim it in the future.  Now's the time that an "alt" could gain traction here.

The most exciting new thing, though, and something that bitcoin doesn't really do at all, is smart contracts.

I think Ethereum is the start of this, and those that build on it and expand the contract functionality have a lot of potential.

I agree. Altcoins represent their own unique qualities but they are still not closed to bitcoin. From their name they are just an alternative.

I agree , bitcoin will always be the pioneer of all coins , it has the most numerous number of participants and the most investment value, bitcoin is the father of all alternative coins, i think alt coins are depending on bitcoins , it cannot change bitcoin , bitcoin has a stronger market value. and been strongest among all alt coins.

Surely, bitcoin is here to stay, it was the progenitor. But it's not so regulatable. Thus is the draw of ETH and XRP, they are mutable enough to control on a state/corporate level. XRP can even be reversed; takes the whole blockchain experience away IMO.

Bitcoin will always be ahead in other Alt coins, Alt coins were followed of bitcoin, bitcoin will always be best in features and services . Especially in value and amount of fees bitcoin is in lead.
Activity: 770
Bazinga!
This is a community. Altcoins does not mean they're trying to take bitcoin down. I don't understand why we always try to see bitcoins and altcoins as enemies.

because altcoins started it Wink
when they want to get pumped what they say is "{put the name of the altcoin here} will replace bitcoin because we have this and this and bitcoin doesn't have it and is slow".

i've always said if an altcoin was good, it would have been used as much as bitcoin in no time and it doesn't have to replace bitcoin. it is something like USD and EUR existing alongside for example.
but the problem is nobody creates an altcoin to be used as a "coin" or "currency" they make altcoins to be pump and dumped in exchanges and never leave them.
Activity: 770
Exactly, anything could happen, the future is often difficult in prediction, all we think is perfect then after 1 year or 5 year again being left behind. I thought and very confident there will be altcoin which will replace bitcoin.
yes no doubt that no one  know about the future, anything can happen, but in fact in present time bitcoin is the number one currency of the world and will remain as number one for ever. because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time, which is making bitcoin more and more stronger and reliable.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Exactly, anything could happen, the future is often difficult in prediction, all we think is perfect then after 1 year or 5 year again being left behind. I thought and very confident there will be altcoin which will replace bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

I think there is room for "alts" if they can do something better than bitcoin can, or if they can do something that bitcoin can't.

The obvious thing is low transaction fees for smaller payments.  Bitcoin seems to be giving up that segment at the moment, though it's possible it could reclaim it in the future.  Now's the time that an "alt" could gain traction here.

The most exciting new thing, though, and something that bitcoin doesn't really do at all, is smart contracts.

I think Ethereum is the start of this, and those that build on it and expand the contract functionality have a lot of potential.

I agree. Altcoins represent their own unique qualities but they are still not closed to bitcoin. From their name they are just an alternative.

I agree , bitcoin will always be the pioneer of all coins , it has the most numerous number of participants and the most investment value, bitcoin is the father of all alternative coins, i think alt coins are depending on bitcoins , it cannot change bitcoin , bitcoin has a stronger market value. and been strongest among all alt coins.

Surely, bitcoin is here to stay, it was the progenitor. But it's not so regulatable. Thus is the draw of ETH and XRP, they are mutable enough to control on a state/corporate level. XRP can even be reversed; takes the whole blockchain experience away IMO.
Activity: 854

Activity: 364

Activity: 344

Activity: 249
Merit: 100
This is a community. Altcoins does not mean they're trying to take bitcoin down. I don't understand why we always try to see bitcoins and altcoins as enemies.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
ZEC,New revolution.
But the price is too high now

Definitely a game changer. ZEC has many surprises in store too.  I definitely wont help bitcoin.
I do not think that zec can be used widely in the society because the people are not likely to understand zec. It is too secure and anonymous and people do not need that much to live on the internet unless you are a type of hacker

Currently, I think that ZEC's game is over and my ongoing bets would be on XRP or XMR as both the coins have great potential to go higher and one thing that I have noticed in XRP coin is that it has nothing to do with the price of Bitcoins, it is surely going to get pumped hard. But for XMR, I have been noticing that it's been playing based on USD price where the 27-30 USD resistance seems too strong to get broken.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
ZEC,New revolution.

Definitely a game changer. ZEC has many surprises in store too.  I definitely wont help bitcoin.
I do not think that zec can be used widely in the society because the people are not likely to understand zec. It is too secure and anonymous and people do not need that much to live on the internet unless you are a type of hacker
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Alt-coins are permitted to be high rated but can not bit down Bitcoin from its position. Just like dollars which is generally accepted to buy and sell goods in the international market so is Bitcoin a major coin for crypto-transaction other than the alt-coins.

Everybody who uses bitcoin for underground transactions, however, does not prove the power of bitcoin, it just demonstrates bitcoin's usability. Altcoins can completely replace bitcoin in tacit transactions. However, people still use bitcoin, because they make money from it.

There is no point holding and trying to use a coin no one uses, people use bitcoin because it is the most widely available cryptocurrency and also is the one that is accepted the most and as long as an altcoin is not able to overcome that then bitcoin will remain on top.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
All crypto-assets have a chance except for scams (even those win sometimes). Diversification is key to investing...
Very well said, you invest in the markets of crypto currencies and it will give you profit when they are due for a pump.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
All crypto-assets have a chance except for scams (even those win sometimes). Diversification is key to investing...
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Alt-coins are permitted to be high rated but can not bit down Bitcoin from its position. Just like dollars which is generally accepted to buy and sell goods in the international market so is Bitcoin a major coin for crypto-transaction other than the alt-coins.

Altcoins are going great these days but they are far far less than bitcoins in terms of adaption and price. Bitcoins have established themselves a lot more and they are now pioneer in digitial currecy. Except few altcoins, most of them are just pump dump coins.  Angry
to me i think in present time there not such an alt coin which can really compete bitcoin. i think in present time bitcoin is the only currency whose price is increasing too much even in future we are expecting that the price of bitcoin is going to increase too, may be this time the price of bitcoin cross 3000 USD level very easily. therefore i think investment in bitcoin will be more profitable.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
http://eidoo.io

your blockchain
asset experience
Activity: 179
ZEC,New revolution.

I do not think that ZEC will be able to defeat bitcoin because it have to pass from a longer journey to reach the spot at where bitcoin is currently. Bitcoin has a large number of supporters and bitcoin is widely used by merchants which is a stronger support to the currency so ZEC will not be able to come.

When ZEC hits $1 billion market cap, they will have $200 million to advertise. This is called a game changer.
Activity: 798
ZEC,New revolution.

I do not think that ZEC will be able to defeat bitcoin because it have to pass from a longer journey to reach the spot at where bitcoin is currently. Bitcoin has a large number of supporters and bitcoin is widely used by merchants which is a stronger support to the currency so ZEC will not be able to come.
Activity: 235
ZEC,New revolution.

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
I do see altcoins as an amazing source of income, and on the last day those market has becamed a lot atractive to give a try, i had made 500k satoshis profit with them, soo now my bitcoins does worth much more. I dont see altcoins reaching bitcoin anytime soon, but we never know.
While some may have dreams of overcoming bitcoin, in my opinion if they are able to survive for along time then that is a victory since those coins will become part of the altcoins known by the community and enough money will be circulating in them for a long time.
Pages:
Jump to: