Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 72. (Read 51050 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

In fact, altcoins still depend on bitcoin to perform exchange transactions, so altcoins can not compete with bitcoin. Conversely, they support each other for mutual development. If we want to own more bitcoin, trade it with altcoins.

Well that escalates quickly and thinking that bitcoin and Altcoins really need each other just like that, I have never ever doubted bitcoin for ones in my life, that it have many benefits but what is OP was trying to ask is have Altcoins have a chance in overtaking bitcoin just like his apprentice surpass his master?

Altcoins cannot be able to compete with the bitcoin at any time. As bitcoin has the potential to increase in the value wise and bitcoin has the Segwit and Bu to pull to show the potential to the world.
I think that ETH, Dash, Dodge has been growing in the world and many sites supports to create the new coins.

I think this is just a plan of bitcoin to fully get a hold in this value right now is because of the other coins that trying to surpass it and that is the thing about bitcoin and Altcoins coexisting with each other, so that bitcoin can be traded in even further!  
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
I don't think alt have any chance to replace bitcoin, bitcoin is the first and the pioner of crypto and it will be the benchmark of crypto. Bitcoin already so popular and a lot of money already put into it. Yes bitcoin has trouble about transaction time and fee right now, but i believe there will be a way to solve that.
Yes it's not easy to replace bitcoin by other altcoins but as we can see the market value of ETH there are also possibilities this altcoin can compete against btc. There are some ico coins that ETH based so there are chances

There is a slight chance that they can replace bitcoin, just slight, but it will take maybe years, long years before they can caught up from where bitcoin is right now. ICO coins are really great that they might really be popular like thebother altcoins, but not as popular as bitcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 250
I don't think alt have any chance to replace bitcoin, bitcoin is the first and the pioner of crypto and it will be the benchmark of crypto. Bitcoin already so popular and a lot of money already put into it. Yes bitcoin has trouble about transaction time and fee right now, but i believe there will be a way to solve that.
Yes it's not easy to replace bitcoin by other altcoins but as we can see the market value of ETH there are also possibilities this altcoin can compete against btc. There are some ico coins that ETH based so there are chances
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

This does not represent any threat to the bitcoin, it is too strong to be destroyed by some other coin. Bitcoin proved to be the best side for several years and now it is almost impossible to destroy it.
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
We dont asure on bitcoins always remain on first because altcoins were keep on improving their use ,accesibilty and new features that was more efficient to use .but it will take too long before a big adoption over bitcoins ,Who knows anything is possible.
For me, it is hard to not agree with your opinion, it seems the most reasonable explaining of why bitcoin is not eternal.
It makes me wonder why there is so many people who are really believing that there is nothing on this world which can be dangerous for bitcoin, that is one of the biggest bullshits I ever heard of.

The only thing that can make bitcoin less important, is some other , probably new cryptocurrency that has gained more popularity and trust than bitcoin.
However we would need to see some new, interesting solutions or revolutionary technology covering the whole altcoin, without that bitcoin simply stays as the strongest crypto among the altcoins.

The BTC adoption rate is also quite well, not even saying about market capitalization. All that is very important, but we cannot say that bitcoin will never get out of daily use.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
It'd be hard for any alt to get on the same level as BTC.
I highly agree with you. Bitcoin is much older that means it has survived a lot of attacks in its system which earned its reputation but that is one of many reasons why Bitcoin is better that any other alts. Bitcoin has a lot of users who proves that all their hardworks have materialized which they can show the stuffs they have brought.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I think some of alts, namely ETH and Factom have got a lot of chance to get close to BTC in the future.

Basically it comes down to the fact whether BTC will innovate and adapt. If it stays exactly the same, in 5 years time, it ll be obsolete.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
It is possible for altcoins to get on the same level as bitcoin if they work hard by their team and improve it until it becomes a stable and strong altcoin. Just like ethereum, ethereum was just too cheap back in the old days but because the team behind ethereum worked hard, you can see the results and it starting to get close to the rankings of cryptocurrencies.
The problem is Bitcoin is popular in the digital world, but still many people don't know what is Bitcoin, in this situation if we started to teach any other altcoin to people they will not listen. People want only profitable things. How the users increase in the same way, the coin also grows. The best example is Bitcoin. In future may be any other coin can beat Bitcoin but now it is not possible.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
We dont asure on bitcoins always remain on first because altcoins were keep on improving their use ,accesibilty and new features that was more efficient to use .but it will take too long before a big adoption over bitcoins ,Who knows anything is possible.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
It is possible for altcoins to get on the same level as bitcoin if they work hard by their team and improve it until it becomes a stable and strong altcoin. Just like ethereum, ethereum was just too cheap back in the old days but because the team behind ethereum worked hard, you can see the results and it starting to get close to the rankings of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Till now very few digital currency have got the features similar to bitcoin as well it slowly grew from a single transaction token to a potential investment. After bitcoin recently eth got acceptance as a form of currency. At certain time interval several digital coins are coming into usage which were used only for trading and profiting purpose.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
This is hard to predict altcoins against bitcoins because nowadays bitcoin has been leading among the cryptocurrency. And it is being used by many people againts altcoins, so Im stil hoping altcoins would stand top against bitcoin. Even bitcoins is most promising and currently price is soaring high.
You can still predict the path of altcoin in the market if you do a lot of research, we all know that bitcoin is on the top of the list in the market but does not mean that bitcoin will be there forever, there still a lot of altcoins in the market that have a lot of potential against bitcoin and just waiting to be discovered by us. Don't think negative, just take risk and be always positive.
I don’t think altcoins are waiting to be discovered by us, since I guess most of the user of the forum with capital are invested in some other coins other than bitcoin the altcoins needs to be discovered by other people outside of the community if they hope to take over bitcoin.
If outsiders know about cryptocurrency they will choose using bitcoin as it is safer than altcoin. I think the possibility of altcoin for take over bitcoin is very small dude. Because people's mindset has been made that altcoin is only for options for trading or investing in bitcoin
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
no chance. because bitcoin is like platina

I say Bullshit because what? because there's no valid proof to support your argument and bitcoin ain't platina because it's fluctuates very hard
Activity: 966
Merit: 552

I agree with you, actually all of altcoins are against bitcoin on exchangers but doesn't mean they can change bitcoin
they are just copycat of bitcoin as digital currency although with some fetures,
basiccally they doesn't have any features to against and replace bitcoin even on capitalization bitcoin is still number one
 there are not other altcoins that can replace capitalization of bitcoin even centralization coins​.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Godbless us ALL!
No altcoin as of the moment can be at par with bitcoin. Bitcoin continues to make improvements (however slow) while we see altcoins come and go. There might be a time when an altcoin challenges bitcoin's supremacy, and if it succeeds, bitcoin would become the altcoin to that new coin. It is always nice to have competition because it makes for an exciting market with coins trying to outdo each other in terms of what they can offer.

you're right sir, alt coin balances the competition in cryptocurrency. so better to have altcoins, rather than having one coin only. for my opinion only.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
No altcoin as of the moment can be at par with bitcoin. Bitcoin continues to make improvements (however slow) while we see altcoins come and go. There might be a time when an altcoin challenges bitcoin's supremacy, and if it succeeds, bitcoin would become the altcoin to that new coin. It is always nice to have competition because it makes for an exciting market with coins trying to outdo each other in terms of what they can offer.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 269
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Exactly, so long as they are not innovative and keep trying to be like Bitcoin I guess they still don't stand the chance yet to overthrow Bitcoin. I'm not saying it isn't possible but until they start doing things differently they will remain behind Bitcoin.

I wouldn't be so quiçk to go here. Altcoins have very specific functions nowadays, they arent just bitcoin clones with a different block reward and name. An alt can easily surpass bitcoin with enough 'official' behind it; if Microsoft outright made a coin, people would buy it up to the moon. Bitcoin is familiar, bitcoin is ubiquitous in the scene, but it will snt the only solution, not does there need to be only one Wink

It is true that new altcoins now have their own function and purpose not just a simple clone of bitcoin.  I also believe that with enough supporters and support of the big names of industry, a new altcoin can beat Bitcoins easily.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

Exactly, so long as they are not innovative and keep trying to be like Bitcoin I guess they still don't stand the chance yet to overthrow Bitcoin. I'm not saying it isn't possible but until they start doing things differently they will remain behind Bitcoin.

I wouldn't be so quiçk to go here. Altcoins have very specific functions nowadays, they arent just bitcoin clones with a different block reward and name. An alt can easily surpass bitcoin with enough 'official' behind it; if Microsoft outright made a coin, people would buy it up to the moon. Bitcoin is familiar, bitcoin is ubiquitous in the scene, but it will snt the only solution, not does there need to be only one Wink
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
No chance at all to pass the bitcoin success we know that bitcoin have a exchange of a thousand dollars and alt coin only have a hundred dollars or lower maybe they have a chance of becoming successful also but no chance of passing bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: