Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 69. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
I really think altcoins will surpass Bitcoin, simply because they work better for the intended purpose, for example Monero is better at anonimity than Bitcoin, some other coins are better at fast transactions .... And you can also see it losing it's dominance at Coinmarketcap. It might stay, but i think it was just an entry ticket to the blockchain.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Quality altcoins price is booming eth is 85$ Ltc dash doge are keeping price,but only quality alts,digital trash is going down
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
What is good with alt is they can correct what bitcoin lacks in their implementation. I think, if there is an altcoin that can avoid the problems that bitcoin is facing right now, that coin can become the next bitcoin.
It would take a lot of years for any altcoin to gain what Bitcoin has now (reputation, adoption, price, etc.). I admit that there are quite a lot of great altcoins, but for me, if Bitcoin were gone for good, I would lose any interest in the digital crypto currency world.
If bitcoin were to disappear that will be an event that will be very traumatic the the world of crypto, since I’m sure many people will just keep investing and trading but there will be other people like you that will get out of crypto forever and that will not be good for the prices of all the altcoins.
The trauma would really be there and you will surely lost your trust to cryptos and you are absolutely right most people or investors on the past will really avoid already because if they saw bitcoin did vanished and died then soon altcoin would go on the same path for which they would not really tend to put up money again because they will surely lose up again when they vanished also.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
What is good with alt is they can correct what bitcoin lacks in their implementation. I think, if there is an altcoin that can avoid the problems that bitcoin is facing right now, that coin can become the next bitcoin.
It would take a lot of years for any altcoin to gain what Bitcoin has now (reputation, adoption, price, etc.). I admit that there are quite a lot of great altcoins, but for me, if Bitcoin were gone for good, I would lose any interest in the digital crypto currency world.
If bitcoin were to disappear that will be an event that will be very traumatic the the world of crypto, since I’m sure many people will just keep investing and trading but there will be other people like you that will get out of crypto forever and that will not be good for the prices of all the altcoins.

We do not know that. What I know is that it is traumatic to wait a day for a transaction to confirm even when you paid a high fee and then the price suddenly plummeting or surging. We cannot control volatility but surging fees and late confirmation can be solve and they are just sitting on it. Like I said, if an altcoin can solve that, most likely people who are using crypto will shift into it.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Like the guy in post number 2 said, bitcoin is like gold... nobody goes to walmart and buys groceries with it, but it's a great store of value.  Gold was the original currency.. it doesn't need to be the payment everyone uses, it stands on it's own accord. Same with bitcoin.. bitcoin was the first.. bitcoin is gold. The blockchain technology perhaps can be updated some, but bitcoin has nothing to prove to the altcoins...  some altcoin can take over the role of being something you buy a coffee with. So what... there's a place in cryptos for them both.
U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
Too many altcoins now, Dash,Zcash, Monero and Rep increases their prices too. But i think none of them can replace the stability of BTC in cryptocurency.
WRong. They all have the chance to knock down Bitcoin when they are strong enough. There are not many people know about Bitcoin and that is why the prices of other alt still very low

Nah, the second and third biggest market caps are centralized shitcoins. Ethereum will hard fork in a hot second if there is something the dev doesn't like and Ripple is the most centralized piece of shit of them all. Litecoins are fine, Monero is fine but I wouldn't ever see the need to invest in them unless I was trying to be a greedy little whiner because I didn't get into bitcoins soon enough. They all have big ups and big downs. Not worth it IMO.
Bitcoin will be available till 2023, what after that?

What the hell are you talking about? Assuming you didn't come from a zombie apocalyptic future how would you possibly come up with that number? Bitcoins will be mined wayyyy past 2023 (2140ish) so if that's what you were trying to say you are dead wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Too many altcoins now, Dash,Zcash, Monero and Rep increases their prices too. But i think none of them can replace the stability of BTC in cryptocurency.
WRong. They all have the chance to knock down Bitcoin when they are strong enough. There are not many people know about Bitcoin and that is why the prices of other alt still very low

Nah, the second and third biggest market caps are centralized shitcoins. Ethereum will hard fork in a hot second if there is something the dev doesn't like and Ripple is the most centralized piece of shit of them all. Litecoins are fine, Monero is fine but I wouldn't ever see the need to invest in them unless I was trying to be a greedy little whiner because I didn't get into bitcoins soon enough. They all have big ups and big downs. Not worth it IMO.

I would like to add something to this discussion. Firstly, we don’t know the future, we can only predict that. So we can’t certainly say that bitcoin won’t be replaced by any other currency in future. Bitcoin will be available till 2023, what after that?

Bitcoin initially introduced as a internet payment service provider using the blockchain technology. However, looking at the current fees for transaction, I don’t think people will prefer to use bitcoin for transaction at least. They instead use it as an investment. So I belive, bitcoin will eventually be replaced by another crypto currency, but not anytime soon.
U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I don't think any altcoins will ever be as valuable as bitcoin, but I think some can still be successful. They will be cheaper alternatives to bitcoin.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

There is no proper comparison from you bro. If you think bitcoin not enough to known among the people then how bitcoin price is increase day by day. Bitcoin is the ever first digital currency but altcoins just introduced and some are introducing more around us.
These altcoin will not be comparable to bitcoin at time, even in future as well.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
Chances is always there for altcoin to surpass bitcoin anytime soon but it would really depend on people if they would switch or just stay on the origin of crpytocurrencies. We do know bitcoin is the king of all crypto and its really hard for it to be replaced specially now it already gaining popularity and publicity worldwide even though there are circumstances that would be a big hindrance on its development but still there are supporters on using it on daily basis.
Activity: 268
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
Of course there are chance that altcoins can beat bitcoin since there are many investors that are currently interested in digital currency which they are looking for such coins which has a potential to go against or compete with bitcoin such as etherum, ltc, and many more. Also, since transaction os bitcoin isn't that fast enough to gets confirmed, it is the opprtunity of an altcoins to focus more on what bitcoin doesn't have in order to go against with it.
I don’t think that the block of issues people mentioning here can beat bitcoin though it need to be solved. But bitcoin has always had an upper hand. If others are good then bitcoin is the gold. In my personal opinion bitcoin will always be the leader. Altcoins may come and go but bitcoin will stay with us for ever.

People do classify bitcoin as a currency and all other altcoins are as applications. We are here for finding a new currency system not just an applications.
Are you kidding me? The blocking issue is really disturbing the bitcoin communities. The blocking issue makes more bitcoin traders feeling convenience for using altcoin to be fast transanction through his chain (off-chain)

Bitcoin and altcoin still always be considered as cryptocurrency.
Lol what do you mean about application? Do you consider it as an application?  Shocked
As of now the unconfirmed transactions are less than 20k and some times it goes below 5k too. During the stress test in 2015, the unconfirmed tx raised above 80k. It means bitcoin network is not finding any bottleneck yet it is smooth as before and if you want quick confirmation you just need higher fees. I am not ready to say scalbility is disturbing nor blocking the growth as of now.

Bitcoin prices are trading right now at $1420+, still you call there is an issue going on within bitcoin ecosystem as of now ?

Do you think smart contracts are property of a currency system ? or do you value non-traceability than why we are having bitcoins. The purpose of litecoin got burried once ASICs arrived for mining scrypts.

Bitcoin is alone money and all others are just add-ons. I do not need them because I can have those features through some services or bitcoin itself may have them implemented in future if badly needed for a currency system.

Have you looked at the transaction fees lately?
That bottleneck that doesn't exist is pushing transaction to an average of 50 cents per transaction effectively killing micropayments.

And if were just the part where the customer is paying but also the seller is paying a lot to collect all the coins from the addresses.
There is a post from Stunna where he said he has sometimes payed close to 100 dollars in transaction fees to collect all deposits.

Activity: 910
Merit: 525
Bitcoin will always be the king of cryptocurrencies world. Maybe some altcoins have moved faster than bitcoin, like dash, monero, etc. And about the fees, it's all will be fine for users who have beleived in bitcoin before these altcoins born. And the absolute thing that really​ happen is, altcoins can't set the price without bitcoin. Imho
Activity: 882
Merit: 260
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
It can happen since altcoins as what we can see are powerful enough since they can have their own blockchain transaction as what ETH has which can be used to transact different tokens and I found is wonderful. However, I expect that it's not enough to take over bitcoin since everything in digital currency was started by bitcoin's currency.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
Alts have a big chance against Bitcoin because there's only 1 Bitcoin, but thousands of altcoins. Some are trash, we know. But some are actually very good with privacy or contract code features.

Doesn't seem to work like that. Because if it does, bitcoin should have been replaced quite a while now. Quality is the only thing that's we're talking here. No matter how many altcoins were made, if all of them doesn't have that one feature that we're all looking for -- lightning network, then bitcoin will always be the first one. Who knows, maybe even bitcoin is the first one to get that feature.

Only one altcoin is needed to kick bitcoin out of its throne. Altcoin don't work together when kicking bitcoins out, unless, of course altcoins have been so good at advertising that bitcoins gets surpassed in terms of market cap.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

I doubt that there is alts have chances against Bitcoin. If you are going to look at the value of bitcoin into altcoins there is a big difference.. So how come that is happen, maybe in their dreams only but not in reality.

The difference between the value of bitcoin and a certain altcoin isn't an issue, although bitcoin has a big advantage over altcoins when it comes to stability and its growth but due to the higher fees there's a possibility that many people especially businesses as stated to the OP will move to other coin and a certain altcoin could have a chance against bitcoin but I can't say it it will have a big chance .
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1128
Of course there are chance that altcoins can beat bitcoin since there are many investors that are currently interested in digital currency which they are looking for such coins which has a potential to go against or compete with bitcoin such as etherum, ltc, and many more. Also, since transaction os bitcoin isn't that fast enough to gets confirmed, it is the opprtunity of an altcoins to focus more on what bitcoin doesn't have in order to go against with it.
I don’t think that the block of issues people mentioning here can beat bitcoin though it need to be solved. But bitcoin has always had an upper hand. If others are good then bitcoin is the gold. In my personal opinion bitcoin will always be the leader. Altcoins may come and go but bitcoin will stay with us for ever.

People do classify bitcoin as a currency and all other altcoins are as applications. We are here for finding a new currency system not just an applications.
Are you kidding me? The blocking issue is really disturbing the bitcoin communities. The blocking issue makes more bitcoin traders feeling convenience for using altcoin to be fast transanction through his chain (off-chain)

Bitcoin and altcoin still always be considered as cryptocurrency.
Lol what do you mean about application? Do you consider it as an application?  Shocked
As of now the unconfirmed transactions are less than 20k and some times it goes below 5k too. During the stress test in 2015, the unconfirmed tx raised above 80k. It means bitcoin network is not finding any bottleneck yet it is smooth as before and if you want quick confirmation you just need higher fees. I am not ready to say scalbility is disturbing nor blocking the growth as of now.

Bitcoin prices are trading right now at $1420+, still you call there is an issue going on within bitcoin ecosystem as of now ?

Do you think smart contracts are property of a currency system ? or do you value non-traceability than why we are having bitcoins. The purpose of litecoin got burried once ASICs arrived for mining scrypts.

Bitcoin is alone money and all others are just add-ons. I do not need them because I can have those features through some services or bitcoin itself may have them implemented in future if badly needed for a currency system.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Alts have a big chance against Bitcoin because there's only 1 Bitcoin, but thousands of altcoins. Some are trash, we know. But some are actually very good with privacy or contract code features.
Pages:
Jump to: