Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat? - page 16. (Read 75146 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
January 24, 2017, 03:22:42 AM
Im still believing in fiat since i always converted my bitcoin into it theres no debit bitcoin card yet available here in my country but once it has maybe i will use it, fiat is one i trust my bitcoin where i can use it to use in my daily expenses. Not only expenses but other needs like paying bills and other payable taxes.
Not only you but i think most of the people who are using bitcoin must believe on fiat, because we have still not changed our life style, we cannot use bitcoin for fulfilling all our needs with bitcoin. although bitcoin is more convenient for online buying and selling and in some area there are some shops who are providing opportunities to use bitcoin for shopping but still we cannot purchase most of the thing by using bitcoin, i think it will take some more time.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 24, 2017, 02:56:02 AM
Im still believing in fiat since i always converted my bitcoin into it theres no debit bitcoin card yet available here in my country but once it has maybe i will use it, fiat is one i trust my bitcoin where i can use it to use in my daily expenses. Not only expenses but other needs like paying bills and other payable taxes.

Supposed that you already have a debit card? would you go full time with bitcoin? I think not. We still have no choice but to use fiat to survive. There is no other way that we can use our bitcoin other than converting it to fiat to survive, Or else thru out this years we will be eating digital goods ( just kidding ) or order other foods from the other countries and wait til it arrived to us (rotten maybe )  Smiley
Activity: 364
January 24, 2017, 12:06:31 AM
Sorry, I disagree with you. I think you already knew that the price of fiat was fell against bitcoin, the inflation of fiat will make it to be worthless. Although we still need to convert bitcoin into fiat for daily expenses, but when bitcoin get mass adoption. So many merchants will accept bitcoin. Thats why I don't believe in fiat.
copper member
Activity: 1050
January 23, 2017, 01:34:22 PM

Same here, i still believe in fiat because of the usage of it and merchants that accept it anywhere  I wanted to buy something.  Aside from that it is backed by the government, regulated by the government and is used as means of payment for all stuff, service, goods etc.
Activity: 910
January 23, 2017, 11:39:55 AM
Activity: 770
January 23, 2017, 11:23:31 AM
It depends on witch country you live, i'm sure that users from countries where you see big devaluation of your currency like Venezuela, don't believe on its fiat money as an store of value, but they use on daily business. In this case people could invest on bitcoin its savings (now some of them invest on stronger currencies like dollars).
No matter you live you should not believe fiat. Using it is adverse us, all fiat will be replaced by another currency wich more apropriate for us. It could be gold or bitcoin.
Fiat is the main money and fiat could not be replaced by any currency. you should still believe in fiat because you will rely and use the fiat to make transactions in your country.
even in my opinion bitcoin higher risk with fluctuating prices, also use bitcoin is still limited.
You are right that fiat is the main currency and it will not be replaced but it is sure that the use of fiat will be replaced sooner. Just like nowadays more people use online banking and banking cards they will sooner start to use bitcoin when they know about the convenience of the usage of bitcoin.
i think it is not possible to replace fiat in near future. most of the people even those people who know about bitcoin are mostly depend on fiat for every thing, they are using bitcoin as option, because we cannot use bitcoin for buying every thing. i think it will still take a lot of time to use bitcoin for buying everything.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
January 23, 2017, 11:10:05 AM
You are right that fiat is the main currency and it will not be replaced but it is sure that the use of fiat will be replaced sooner. Just like nowadays more people use online banking and banking cards they will sooner start to use bitcoin when they know about the convenience of the usage of bitcoin.

It will only be a matter of time until all of those come true, the use of fiat money will be greatly reduced in the future however this is not gonna be possible for some country as access to this is actually quite limited and people actually needs to be much more educated to be able to use other form of payment instead of just fiat
Activity: 798
January 23, 2017, 09:29:38 AM
It depends on witch country you live, i'm sure that users from countries where you see big devaluation of your currency like Venezuela, don't believe on its fiat money as an store of value, but they use on daily business. In this case people could invest on bitcoin its savings (now some of them invest on stronger currencies like dollars).
No matter you live you should not believe fiat. Using it is adverse us, all fiat will be replaced by another currency wich more apropriate for us. It could be gold or bitcoin.
Fiat is the main money and fiat could not be replaced by any currency. you should still believe in fiat because you will rely and use the fiat to make transactions in your country.
even in my opinion bitcoin higher risk with fluctuating prices, also use bitcoin is still limited.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046
January 23, 2017, 09:06:21 AM
Activity: 83
Merit: 13
Bitcoin = Freedom
January 23, 2017, 07:45:13 AM
I don't believe in anything a government says or does. It's mostly a scam.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
January 22, 2017, 11:54:06 PM
I think that the vote of no confidence to the Fiat is too early to say since more than half the world's population uses this particular currency. Even if the crisis will grow, no one dares to let the money fall completely.
Lol yeah especially when everyone in the world uses fiat no exception bitcoin users themselves, so why we do not believe in fiat? while we depend and get the ease transaction of using fiat
Fiat is the main money we are using and everything depends on fiat including bitcoin, so that reality itself would convince us already on believing fiat. The thing is, we are very optimistic with the future success of bitcoin but we do not consider how fiat contributed to make this things possible. Just remember this thing, bitcoin will not be worthy without fiat.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
January 22, 2017, 06:56:53 PM
I think that the vote of no confidence to the Fiat is too early to say since more than half the world's population uses this particular currency. Even if the crisis will grow, no one dares to let the money fall completely.
Lol yeah especially when everyone in the world uses fiat no exception bitcoin users themselves, so why we do not believe in fiat? while we depend and get the ease transaction of using fiat
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
January 22, 2017, 06:28:52 PM
I think there is no country are not believing in their country how they are living in their place if they are not believing  in their fiat..
Bitcoin is just use for alternative purposes payment method just like new VCC online virtual cards that you can use the as bitcoin.. but the different we are getting the benefits of the price increase..
Activity: 714
January 22, 2017, 05:50:53 PM
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
January 22, 2017, 04:58:18 PM
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
January 22, 2017, 03:58:01 PM
Well, until now I still believe in fiat. although my main income comes from bitcoin, I still believe in fiat, because 80% of my needs, requires a fiat to complete. so, I still have to find fiat, although the income I get from the bitcoin, much bigger.

Perhaps this is the same situation for most bitcoiners because we have to admit that the world is just starting to understand the potential of altcoins, so at this moment the world is not prepared to carry out all the indispensable transactions to work with normality.

But I hope it does not take much time this transition period, although seeing the market capitalization of the altcoin economy it seems very far from a significant participation in the global economy.
Activity: 508
Merit: 254
January 22, 2017, 03:44:22 PM
fiat will always be alive because poor countries who are not accustomed to using digital money for payment.
Activity: 812
January 22, 2017, 02:34:31 PM
Well, until now I still believe in fiat. although my main income comes from bitcoin, I still believe in fiat, because 80% of my needs, requires a fiat to complete. so, I still have to find fiat, although the income I get from the bitcoin, much bigger.

I believe we should believe in fiat, because now bitcoin is only a source of income, where we work it and get bitcoin, but it can't fulfill our requirement of life. In our life, whenever we need anything than only fiat is money which fulfill our need not bitcoin. Because bitcoin need many time to comparative with fiat. Now all crypto currencies are very small in front all fiat.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 22, 2017, 01:34:48 PM
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
January 22, 2017, 01:21:12 PM
Fiat in itself is not completely the problem, having a currency not backed by anything may seem weird and it is , but the problem is politicians take advantage of it and print it like there is no tomorrow, and at the rate they are printing it there is not going to be a tomorrow for fiat.
I think the government will not do printing of fiat money blindly. because of course it will create inflation in the country, the government will surely make fiat to be good, so I believe in fiat

Oh yes, inflation will happen if they are going to keep on printing and printing continually. And as you know, politicians are not the who are responsible for printing the paper money but the central bank of a country. And if that is going to be abused, many foreign investors and local investors are going to fly away to other country if that is happening.
You are correct, the central banks are the ones doing the printing but at then end they are politicians since the president of the central bank is named by politicians, besides money printing is going to be abused despite whatever the investors think there are hundreds of examples of countries printing their currency like there is no tomorrow, without caring for investors and the general population.
Pages:
Jump to: