Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 44. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 10:44:06 PM
No, because it looks dangerous, I'm afraid of losing my money.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
May 14, 2018, 10:42:24 PM
I still use MEW, with the caution especially when putting the private keys, I always check the URL of MEW as many websites are impersonating its design to scammed people and also if it has a security in URL. and for me MEW is still the best wallet for ERC-20.
Yes exactly we just need to make sure that we are putting our private keys in the original MEW website not a fake one and the best way to do it is to bookmark the MEW and always use that to open the site...otherwise MEW is still the best ether wallet to use.
Activity: 770
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
May 14, 2018, 10:39:23 PM
I still use MEW, with the caution especially when putting the private keys, I always check the URL of MEW as many websites are impersonating its design to scammed people and also if it has a security in URL. and for me MEW is still the best wallet for ERC-20.
Activity: 168
May 14, 2018, 10:34:27 PM
Yeah sure I still use myetherwallet, but i use myetherwallet with metamask that's why I don't have to worried about compromising my keys because using this method you don't have to login with your with your keys.
Activity: 186
May 14, 2018, 10:21:40 PM
Yes, I still use MyEtherWallet. So far I use MyEtherWallet without any constraints / hacking issues. This wallet is safe without a command line or the need to run Ethereum customers on your PC. And you can create a safe paper wallet for your ether treasures.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 101
May 14, 2018, 09:39:22 PM
I'm still using MEW until now. I think MEW is very secure and that makes it unsafe is the owner of the MEW account itself. but yes, hardware wallet is safest than other wallet. all back to each person how to handle their wallets in order to stay safe from any hacking
Activity: 1098
Merit: 500
May 14, 2018, 07:03:12 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
No, I recently bought a hardware wallet Trezor and now use only them. Reliable, safe and convenient.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
May 14, 2018, 07:01:27 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

First of all, the hack was not MEW fault as well, and if that is the reason for people moving somewhere else, it makes no sense at all. Google DNS hack could implement on any other wallet address when you move there.

MEW was and is the most famous and friendly wallet and per my experience the best soft wallet too.
I personally use a ledger nano s with MEW offline client.
Google DNS hack is not MEW's fault, that's right, but people still blame MEW anyway, it doesn't make sense, but that's what happen, see their twitter, people always complaining about getting scammed and anything but actually it's their fault, as a result, they're switching over to other online ethereum wallet, well, just one of many stupidity I can see from people around the world.
Activity: 322
May 14, 2018, 06:58:29 PM
I still using Myetherwallet because it can store erc 20 all tokens before come to the market. but i see many peoples are complain for the MEW hacking situation.
Activity: 406
Merit: 109
May 14, 2018, 06:57:16 PM

First of all, the hack was not MEW fault as well, and if that is the reason for people moving somewhere else, it makes no sense at all. Google DNS hack could implement on any other wallet address when you move there.

MEW was and is the most famous and friendly wallet and per my experience the best soft wallet too.
I personally use a ledger nano s with MEW offline client.
Activity: 169
May 14, 2018, 06:46:41 PM
Im still using MEW!! Its because its my first wallet ive ever regester and its easy to use and to keep my token or coin!! Its very very  easiest way to use ! Thats is recomemded to the other cryptocurrency
Activity: 140
May 14, 2018, 06:44:59 PM
Yes i still using MEW i think MEW still good other than digital wallets even there are news last time that MEW is hackable. MEW is easy to use and safe to store our assets so i don't change wallet.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
May 14, 2018, 06:33:27 PM
I'm using MEW because it's very convenient and easy to use. Only request - keeping your private key safe and check address where you log in.
May 14, 2018, 06:28:58 PM
I use myetherwallet since last year 2017 and as of now I don't experienced any issue or my token gone or my wallet in myetherwallet hack by the hackers so that's why I still use MEW Because Im feel safe when I use this because i think 99 percent of the total user agree with that..

I think people are more paranoid after the recent phishing attempts but for the most part, yeah, it's very safe.
copper member
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
May 14, 2018, 06:23:16 PM
Yes, I still use myetherwallet (MEW) ... It's one the best wallet for cryptocurrency with loads of advantages.
Activity: 126
May 14, 2018, 06:19:09 PM
Yes i am still using MEW because of its security is so good and easy to use for any user thats why i always use it. its safe and secure .
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
May 14, 2018, 06:17:23 PM
I use myetherwallet since last year 2017 and as of now I don't experienced any issue or my token gone or my wallet in myetherwallet hack by the hackers so that's why I still use MEW Because Im feel safe when I use this because i think 99 percent of the total user agree with that..
May 14, 2018, 06:12:09 PM
I do not understand why you think that MEW was hacked? This story reminds me of the history of the EtherWallet exchange, when they also began to report DNS hacking, and then they began sending fake sites and only then many people stole purses. I consider that the history with the breaking of MEW is the same. Everything is done in order to scare the owners of purses and force them to look for the right wallet. I think that we all need to respond more acutely to similar news and make the right conclusions in the end.

Indeed. If you take a few extra steps, you'll be safe from future "hacks" too. So it's not really much of an issue, MEW is still great.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
May 14, 2018, 06:08:55 PM
I do not understand why you think that MEW was hacked? This story reminds me of the history of the EtherWallet exchange, when they also began to report DNS hacking, and then they began sending fake sites and only then many people stole purses. I consider that the history with the breaking of MEW is the same. Everything is done in order to scare the owners of purses and force them to look for the right wallet. I think that we all need to respond more acutely to similar news and make the right conclusions in the end.
Activity: 392
Merit: 123
May 14, 2018, 06:05:56 PM
yes, i still use it till now, i think they will do the job which is useless if try to take what i have, because at this time the amount is not how much, i prefer to store it directly in exchanger
Lol! Same here. It will just be a waste of time for them. I still use MEW by the way and until now still no havker had ever waipsted his time in trying to hack mine. May it never be.  Cheesy.
Pages:
Jump to: