Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 39. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
May 20, 2018, 12:46:26 PM
in my opinion MEW wallet is good maybe only the user who is less careful and careless when entering the web MEW so be careful and wary of phishing
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
May 20, 2018, 12:08:09 PM
Yes, I still use MEW, though mycrypto.com forked from it and seems to be more active with their development now, I saw a post about them releasing a desktop, which I think would help reduce the issue of phishing links. If this is okay then I would rather prefer a destop wallet to web wallet
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
May 20, 2018, 11:58:33 AM
Yes,I am using MyEtherWallet,it is a very useful and comfortable wallet.But beware of fishing sites,look at it,I have almost get caught by this https://rnyetherwallel.com/#send-transaction. Always use MetaMask to avoid fishers !!!
Activity: 238
May 20, 2018, 11:47:33 AM
Like many others people here, i am continue to use myetherwallet. I think its the best ethereum wallet out there. I dont like to have a software wallet on mypc which i have always have to update with the blockchain. Its just totally unecessary and these online myetherwallet i the perfect solution. Its sad when it has some hacker problems, but as you can see the devs fix it and it should be safe again. So i hope that in future nothing like these will happen again.
Activity: 276
May 20, 2018, 11:42:53 AM
I still choose MEW for personal use. Firstly I do not want to pay for the hardware purse. Secondly I do not have a lot of cryptocurrency to worry about losing it.
Activity: 191
Merit: 0
May 20, 2018, 11:41:30 AM
I still use MEW though it has many protective characteristics that other wallet doesn't have to avoid being hacked, it is still depends on the owner of the wallet of how he/she use and access it. Using chrome MEW extension will make our wallet secured and that is only one example of how to make your wallet safe.
Activity: 154
May 20, 2018, 11:37:02 AM
I've moved completely onto metamask on PC and trust waller on my android. Metamask is excellent and has a lot of benefits over MEW and trust wallet works perfectly on android and even auto updates your tokens when you get new ones
Activity: 510
Merit: 100
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
May 20, 2018, 11:21:38 AM
Despite the recent stories on MEW hack I still retain it as my favorite wallet, I only ensured that I refrain from clicking on any phishing site, even any suspecting links in my email box is deleted immediately to avoid hacking of my wallet.

Same here  Wink I still use MEW despite of the bad history that happens but still my tokens are safe. I'm planning to buy a ledger if my token value go up before this year ends, I read that most of the people here use metamask now because of it's security and much safer than MEW.
Activity: 7
May 20, 2018, 11:11:10 AM
Despite the recent stories on MEW hack I still retain it as my favorite wallet, I only ensured that I refrain from clicking on any phishing site, even any suspecting links in my email box is deleted immediately to avoid hacking of my wallet.
Activity: 98
May 20, 2018, 01:57:35 AM
I still use this project because I did not find anything better, everything else is just starting to work and this usually means that there may be glitches in the system and you need to use these services more carefully and I also advise you to use it very carefully new services.
Activity: 18
May 20, 2018, 01:56:41 AM
Yes, I still continue to use MEW. I think if you follow all the safety rules,then all will be well.  generally it is better to use multiple wallets on different systems
Activity: 112
May 19, 2018, 10:17:11 PM
I'm still using MEW, I use MEW to receive tokens from bounty campaign. I think MEW is very easy to use, suitable for beginners like me
Activity: 142
May 19, 2018, 10:13:27 PM
yes of course I still use myetherwallet, and indeed I have experienced my token loss. my myherherwllet has been hacked. so I used my new myetherwallet address and lucky the bad incident did not happen again and I hope the rival will stay like this.
Activity: 13
May 19, 2018, 10:08:45 PM
I still use it, in my opinion MEW is still quite safe and I also have not been disturbed. In addition karna still bound in bounty contract so to change it wait until bounty that I follow is complete .
Activity: 201
May 19, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.

no, i have not using it anymore since that incident. using hardware wallet is the most secure way, but you have to buy it.
other option is you just need to use some extension wallet like metamask or jaxx on your browser. no require private key being exposed.
Activity: 120
May 19, 2018, 12:30:51 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.

I still use MEW. To ensure the safety of the site i am visiting, i always look closely to the address site and SSL certificate to see whether it's a secure connection or not. If not, i would rather not risking myself being hijacked/phished and immediately go out from there.
Activity: 335
Merit: 101
May 19, 2018, 12:28:05 PM
Yes I'm still using my ether wallet. Because I think MEW is safe and I'm also feel comfortable to using it.
As long we have our own key and not share for anyone I think MEW is always safe.
Activity: 98
May 19, 2018, 12:22:32 PM
Once something has been compromised like this it would take a while for me to trust them again. I believe everyone deserves a second chance, especially in this emerging space. But I’d want to see a long track record with no issues before jumping back in.
Activity: 14
May 19, 2018, 08:18:37 AM
I still use this service. Even despite the latest news about hacking this site, I'm sure that mew has a very strong team that coped with this. And for today it is the most reliable purse for storing eth. In any case, it is much more reliable than exchanges.
Activity: 62
May 19, 2018, 04:49:29 AM
I prefer metamask.
Pages:
Jump to: