Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Airdrop is effective to promote ICO projects? - page 3. (Read 695 times)

Activity: 643
Merit: 253
I feel not too effective especially airdrop with requirements that tend to be complicated, it will make the participants think again to join aidrop, while the current airdrop with difficult conditions is only to get 1-5 usd, I don't think that is comparable to what we do
Activity: 800
Merit: 250
It will not effective if you want to promote ICO. The bounty hunters will try to cheat a lot and will leave it immediately if they receive the token. Airdrop is only effective when your ICO is successful and you are in need of a larger community
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
can be effective, after I saw the Top ICO List, the last few months there was a project just opening the Airdrop gift program and the ICO reached Hardcap. this is proof that teams and CEOs work together well
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
I think that airdrop is effective for spreading your coins, not for promoting ICO!
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
Do you think Airdrop is effective to promote ICO projects? I think No.
Certainly it may be useful to spread the name of the project, but will those people who know about the project with Airdrop invest in that coin?
I think that they only to sell the coin which earned by airdrop cheaply in the market and dump the price.

How do you think about this??

Now participation in airdrop seems to me a waste of time, we only increase the number of telegrams groups in your phone. What is the benefit for the developers I also do not really understand, to be honest.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
It is partially good - you will have a lot of followers, advertising and also token holders (as i know it is good for listing on exchanges in the future). The worst thing as i see - a lot of people asking - when distribution, when exchange, when binance etc)
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
Yes it is a good way to promote ICO project. If they have start the ICOs in a good way then the project will have a many investors. But if there only a few who will know about the airdrop then in the ICO they need to double their effort to promote their project so that there will be many people who will invest in their project. If there are only a few who will invest then they will not reach the Softcap and Hardcap of the project and the value of the coin will be low.
Activity: 434
Certainly it may be useful to spread the name of the project, but will those people who know about the project with Airdrop invest in that coin?
I think that they only to sell the coin which earned by airdrop cheaply in the market and dump the price.

I think that airdrop is very effective, I'll give you an example, you found a good project and want to invest in it, you read the white paper and you like everything, but you go to their telegram channel, and there are only 10 users in their group, of course, you will not invest in this project, and if there will be 5000 people then you will not change your mind.
Activity: 42
As I see airdrops help to increase number of followers and subscribers of different social medias. But I don't think almost every follower pays a special attention on these projects. They only earn free coins. To gain attention on projects, ICO Companies need to find a different marketing strategy. But there is some sort of people who measure the success of a project by number of social media followers.

To show that their project is very active, they can use airdrops. But actually it does not give productive solution.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
I think the existence of the airdrop quite effective though less so. at least it's become quite a good step and can convince investors if this lot has some advance interest in this social media channels they provide. but this time may be to airdrop is often taken lightly with a scam that very often even encountered. This makes the views of airdrop became bad enough though to be honest there are still some decent to airdrop championed.
Activity: 294
Not at all. I do not think that anybody is motivated to read the whitepaper or to become more familiar with a project fo 1-2 USD. Nobody is interested in a project for several bucks. Just filling the form and this is it. If you want to attract more people, give higher rewards for airdrops.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Marketing strategies are unique in themselves and there's no single best strategy out there, but a combination of them all gives the best result. There are times when some projects did not do any public sale, but just private sales. They instead give airdrops in form of bounties and also give airdrops to their private investors. A classic example of this strategy is UCHAIN.

Airdrops help to create more awareness about a project and make them more popular. The much touted notion that those who receive tokens from airdrops tend to drop them at the exchange and thereby cause in the price might be true, but also remember airdrops are usually a tiny percentage of the total supply. There's a set of token holders who tend to be ignored simply because they contributed financially to the project, and these are the private investors with huge bonuses without any lock-in period. These guys have been notorious for dumping their huge bonuses at the exchanges too, thus crashing the price of the tokens massively.

Spot on! The spot light is usually on the recipients of airdrops, who in my opinion receive a paltry amount of the entire token. Imagine tokens that worth a paltry $50 (exaggerated, because they worth even less nowadays), wondering how this will cause the price of the tokens to dump. A great project will do well at the exchanges regardless. I mean, DGTX is doing well in this bears market despite giving airdrops.
Activity: 472
Most of the ICO projects have been using airdrops to promote their projects, so there is definitely some benefits, or they wouldn't have used it. They use around 5 percent of their coins for airdrop.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
That is very inconclusive because airdrop only gives free so anyone can own it, without having to read more about the ico project itself. Maybe Airdrop works only to spread the existence of the project on the coin itself.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
Airdrop is one of many ways to promote a proeject, it will also directly adding more token holder to the project, and that can be used to gain more user to purchase the coin.
Activity: 293
Merit: 4

Marketing strategies are unique in themselves and there's no single best strategy out there, but a combination of them all gives the best result. There are times when some projects did not do any public sale, but just private sales. They instead give airdrops in form of bounties and also give airdrops to their private investors. A classic example of this strategy is UCHAIN.

Airdrops help to create more awareness about a project and make them more popular. The much touted notion that those who receive tokens from airdrops tend to drop them at the exchange and thereby cause in the price might be true, but also remember airdrops are usually a tiny percentage of the total supply. There's a set of token holders who tend to be ignored simply because they contributed financially to the project, and these are the private investors with huge bonuses without any lock-in period. These guys have been notorious for dumping their huge bonuses at the exchanges too, thus crashing the price of the tokens massively.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11

Airdrops so far has proven to be very effective when it comes to the promotion of new projects as it helps to bring new people into the project. WIth airdrops more and more people get interested in your project and it is a good way to show them that you coin is one that is a very good option for them to invest their money into
Activity: 98
Airdrops are useful only to introduce the project to wider audience. They attract people, but if Airdrop is the only thing the project can offer, people will sell their tokens and move on to the other project. 
Thus, Airdrop is valid only as a part of a complex marketing campaign, otherwise it makes little sense.
Activity: 448
Merit: 121
self made Full member (^-^)v
Thank you for all your reply Smiley!

Actually I am not a member of the ICO project team, I just have an interest in your answers to this question. 
And according to my calculation, the ratio between Yes and No is 3: 1 at the moment.

But I'm still not sure about effectiveness of Airdrop. Actually there is a good aspect that an increase in holders due to Airdrops leads to an increase in users who are important for currencies, but there is no usage if products are not yet running, and I think that a team with confidence about their project will not Airdrop.
I am also not sure about the opinion that it will expand the size of community. Certainly the size of the community will grow, but in many cases they are not active in group and I do not think they are aggressive on the listing vote on the exchange.

I agree with the idea that Bounty is effective. Because it promotes the contents of the ICO project to other investors.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I believe that the effectiveness of airdrop is extremely small, in fact, attracting people for free mannates is equivalent to buying several thousand bots, they are of no use, they are not here for the project, but for money. But for some investors, the presence of more than 20,000 users in a project group telegrams may play a decisive factor.
Pages:
Jump to: