Author

Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon? - page 164. (Read 417177 times)

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
no, i don't think so, but i think it will "accompany" USD more like now, and it will become more and more popular

Well, although bitcoin very special on the internet, but I also do not believe that bitcoin could replace one of the world's currencies, especially the dollar. Well, bitcoin can be compared with gold, but with the dollar. it is because bitcoin has a very high price. so, I feel that bitcoin only be a viable alternative.
yes it is infact a digital alternative to fiat currency.Bitcoin will not replace any currencies in the world and it is not meant to replace anything.But the valuation is the most important thing and with the current price we cannot even compare the two.
it's just crazy to have a global currency with value over $750 per 1 bitcoin
the situation if then bitcoin replacing dollar looks impossible
i can't avoid that nothing impossible , but on this one i really doubt
it's required hundred years to be able do replacing the super strong currency like dollar.

What about $0.0000075 for 1 satoshi then?

Doesn't cut it either? But Bitcoin hasn't yet become a global currency, so we don't know how much one satoshi might cost then, right? But would it be just as crazy to have a global currency with a value of 1 dollar per 1 satoshi? And would the dollar itself matter anything at all then at this value of Bitcoin?

The super strong Roman Empire collapsed eventually, so why do you think that the dollar will be immortal?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
BULL RUN until 2030
no, i don't think so, but i think it will "accompany" USD more like now, and it will become more and more popular

Can't imagine if the dollar replaced bitcoin. Not good that we have but quite the mess. I think there may be currency could replace the dollar, because as the main currency for transactions of the world.
The world would not be in order if that happens, there will be chaos everywhere because no one will control us and we cannot be controlled. That's something should not happen now and in the future.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

Can't imagine if the dollar replaced bitcoin. Not good that we have but quite the mess. I think there may be currency could replace the dollar, because as the main currency for transactions of the world.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

Well, although bitcoin very special on the internet, but I also do not believe that bitcoin could replace one of the world's currencies, especially the dollar. Well, bitcoin can be compared with gold, but with the dollar. it is because bitcoin has a very high price. so, I feel that bitcoin only be a viable alternative.
yes it is infact a digital alternative to fiat currency.Bitcoin will not replace any currencies in the world and it is not meant to replace anything.But the valuation is the most important thing and with the current price we cannot even compare the two.
it's just crazy to have a global currency with value over $750 per 1 bitcoin
the situation if then bitcoin replacing dollar looks impossible
i can't avoid that nothing impossible , but on this one i really doubt
it's required hundred years to be able do replacing the super strong currency like dollar.
Activity: 319

Activity: 35
Merit: 10
Maybe someday bitcoin will replace dollar, but not soon. It will takes a long time to replace dollar, because many people still don't know about bitcoin and bitcoin itself not popular in some country too. Bitcoin can replace dollar if all people know about bitcoin.
In fact it does not make much sense to think that Bitcoin will replace dollar soon. The number of people with knowledge about this technology, or even related topics such as per-to-per technologies, it's still a low number.
I think one of the main obstacles to be overcome is to make people understand that Bitcoin is money, it's something serious and valuable, not a quick rich scheme.
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
CTO & Spokesman
i think it would never replace the dollar because we all know that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and it could be digital currency. we can have bitcoin via investing our money from it thats why we have bitcoin wallet . and we used it for faster transactions but if you're talking about being disapperance of dollar because of bitcoin is so impossible because government will never let it happen.
Yes it will not replace dollar but we already use  bitcoin now as international currency,  I think there's no problem replacing it or not as long as we can use it in any country.
Activity: 350
well i don"t think that bitcoin can replace dollar not now and not later but they can only make it equal to dollar because that is their national money and also the world currency so it will really be difficult for bitcoin to replace dollar,bitcoin can only be use for exchange and buying of thing online because it "s a digital currency.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
i think it would never replace the dollar because we all know that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and it could be digital currency. we can have bitcoin via investing our money from it thats why we have bitcoin wallet . and we used it for faster transactions but if you're talking about being disapperance of dollar because of bitcoin is so impossible because government will never let it happen.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
Maybe someday bitcoin will replace dollar, but not soon. It will takes a long time to replace dollar, because many people still don't know about bitcoin and bitcoin itself not popular in some country too. Bitcoin can replace dollar if all people know about bitcoin.
Not even someday because it's not gonna happen. Dollar is very popular which is back by the government so it cannot be replace by bitcoin. It's not the main currency but an alternative only.
Activity: 532
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

But why exactly? I don't think that it is logical for you to think that bitcoin and USD should always be "good buddies" and that is the only way that bitcoin will keep thriving and keep gaining in its price and value.

It is exactly the opposite, to achieve widespread adoption, you actually need USD to collapse and then bitcoin can take over.

They can be good buddies as the state will just declare that bitcoin is going to be another medium of payment or currency. But it can't be the primary one for USD will be always on the top. It is just kind of alternative way of paying and by using it a lot of opportunities will come out but still it is not going to be possible that bitcoin will replace dollar.
Bitcoin is always just good as alternative payment mode and i think they can not replace dollar because bitcoin is working only in the internet so you can send if you do not have internet in your place.. unlike dollar that you can deal anytime or anyware just to exchange it if you want..
Activity: 532

But why exactly? I don't think that it is logical for you to think that bitcoin and USD should always be "good buddies" and that is the only way that bitcoin will keep thriving and keep gaining in its price and value.

It is exactly the opposite, to achieve widespread adoption, you actually need USD to collapse and then bitcoin can take over.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

Indeed, bitcoin can always work as an alternative, because we all know that no government would let their citizens use a currency that is not in their control because if they do this they will lose control on a part of their economy, and they wont like that to happen nor they will let it happen.
But currently we all know that everyone is using USD as international currency for all of our international affairs for which some countries like to have their own currency so a competition is there and for removing that competition there need a currency which will not have any single nation owner but will be the currency of everyone.
But the state that bitcoin will never replace dollar soon is really true.  It needs government in different country to acknowledge bitcoin and at the same time the US of A  needs to accept bitcoin as their national currency which is impossible to happen.  So bitcoin replacing USD is just a fantasy.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502

Indeed, bitcoin can always work as an alternative, because we all know that no government would let their citizens use a currency that is not in their control because if they do this they will lose control on a part of their economy, and they wont like that to happen nor they will let it happen.
But currently we all know that everyone is using USD as international currency for all of our international affairs for which some countries like to have their own currency so a competition is there and for removing that competition there need a currency which will not have any single nation owner but will be the currency of everyone.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501

Bitcoin is compared to gold in terms of potencial earnings, as well risk associated into both investments. Bitcoin will never replace any currencie, because makes no sense a country loose its currencie to get into bitcoin, its a limited currencie and not all people would be able to get it over time. Some countries can make their own crypto coin to replace their fiat, besides those i doubt is going to happen.
Activity: 672

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
As for taxing Bitcoins, I think that it would somewhat impossible to achieve, since you would need to be able to track every user, their transactions, among many other things. If the user uses a different Bitcoin address for each transaction, then it would make it even more difficult for any government to be able to collect taxes from you. Just my opinion.  Grin

Taxing bitcoins is not that difficult as you might think

There is no need to trace every transaction and it doesn't make sense either. Essentially, only block generating transactions should be taxed (if we assume that Bitcoin has to be taxed at all, of course), i.e. miners rewards. Since miners now are big mining farms in real life, they could be taxed directly, for every new Bitcoin they issue into circulation

Yeah duh, bitcoin is made for paying things - and paying things is sometimes called "tax" or "tariff".  All semantics aside, a bunch of big dudes walk up to your shop with bats and demand payment in whatever form they wish.  You pay.  That's how it works.  They were doing this in Rome with gold, so they could do it again with electronic gold. 
Jump to: