Pages:
Author

Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon? - page 3. (Read 417177 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 0
And now bitcoins beat the dollar in value. But bitcoin has not yet defeated the dollar's popularity as the world's currency gauge. Bitcoin is not known all over the world.
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
Right now, Bitcoin can only be seen as a commodity and until nowadays there are still a lot of people doesnt know what is bitcoin. So it would be impossible for the near future but it will be possible in the future or a few more decades.
Activity: 59
Let’s go to the possibility of the thought that bitcoin will replace dollar, but the next question is what is the impact of it? Will it be good or bad? Because I think if it’s happen, the people will depend on bitcoin and will not work outside their home.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Some good points in the article. But at this point, I still don't think that BTC can replace the $ soon (10-15 years). It will have to go through hoops of fire before that becomes a reality. Besides, I think a lot of BTC veterans wouldn't like that idea anyway. I mean one of BTC 's beauty lies in the fact that it's decentralized. Should it become a standard currency, even replacing the almighty $ at that, it will become regulated. Sad
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
The answer is no. Its only a virtual currency. It cant become universally accepted currency. There are certain limitations of cyrpto currencies.
So bitcoin and other crypto currencies won’t neuter central banks, and they won’t make fiat currency go away. But they are already changing the financial world in other important ways. Initial coin offerings are allowing companies to raise money with less of a regulatory burden.
I agree with you, virtual money can not apply the more general money will only complement each other in the future
Activity: 307
The answer is no. Its only a virtual currency. It cant become universally accepted currency. There are certain limitations of cyrpto currencies.
So bitcoin and other crypto currencies won’t neuter central banks, and they won’t make fiat currency go away. But they are already changing the financial world in other important ways. Initial coin offerings are allowing companies to raise money with less of a regulatory burden.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

Its possible because bitcoin is more profitable than dollar. And i think 15 years from now 80% of people in the world will know bitcoin and if that happen there are chance that bitcoin replace dollar
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
I don’t think that bitcoin can replace fiat currency anytime soon. Before it can replace any fiat currency it needs to be approved and legalized by the government first, then it should be recognized internationally the same way USD known on the world market.   
Activity: 309
Merit: 11
bitcoin and dollar have different sides of course in everyone's view but do not rule out if one day bitcoin able to replace dollar. we see in 5-7 years ahead
Activity: 616
Merit: 124
I dont think so. Bitcoin is still only an investment for me not proper for practical usage. So slow and high fees. Maybe an alternative coin can replace dollar but not bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcoin will never replace dollar because dollar protected by government and they will just ban bitcoin if something like this gonna happen. Dollar and USA are very strong.
Activity: 10
No, it's just another form of fiat currency. There's no reason they won't coexist.
Activity: 55
Merit: 10
I doubt any of the crypto currencies will ever replace dollars. The reason why is that every government has the will to control, and crypto currencies cannot offer that control.
Activity: 184
Merit: 1
Not in 10 years but maybe later. Digital currencies have great chance to become next monetary system. They need to race credit card companies at this level.
Activity: 462
Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

I think not because the government don't consider bitcoin as a formal currency. It's popularity can't make it as an international currency because there are things to consider first. It should reach every corners of the world first and people should be educated about it. There are also people who are doubtful about it.
Activity: 350
Nope i don't think so, dollar can't be change by bitcoin the government will fight for the dollar, dollar is use in different countries maybe it can be one of the most used currency but it can't change the dollar even if it is us by lot of people now a days for the near future i can say bitcoin can us to pay bills and for loads but it can't change the dollar or replace the dollar. . .
Activity: 24
If Bitcoin is going to be regulated soon, it will be more widely used by people. Although there will be fees and such, we still can't deny that Bitcoin is a very secure payment option.
Activity: 743
Merit: 250
No, Bitcoin cant replace Dollar in the near future at least. Most people around the world keep using fiat currencies and the most used currency actually worldwide is the Dollar, and also governments and banks support this currency and not supporting BTC. Also Bitcoin is still not really popular among people compared to fiat currencies, including Dollar.
Activity: 41
This will never happen. If only the us wants to rename its national currency dollar in bitcoin. Just for fun.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Do you seriously think that bitcoin can replace dollar? Bitcoin is not even close to this, how can bitcoin replace dollar when more then half of the world didn't hear about bitcoins in first place?
   It is too early to talk about any replacing, dollar is too big and widely spread that bitcoin can just replace it, that is a process, and do you even know what kind of mess that would cause in worlds economy? Look what happened after replacing traditional currencies in Europe with euros, I hear more complaining then positive comments.
No, we are not thinking it seriously and what we are talking here is just a self imaginative thinking if bitcoin can replace dollar soon. On my own opinion I think there is a possibility but its difficult to happen at this time and maybe for the next generation the crypto currency will be the future or the universal money, imagine how our life evolve through technology and our world is continue marching and digging new and advance technology for the benefits of humanity and the monetary system as will.
You have to remember the government has an important role on the world. Use cryptocurrency = accept the theory without the government. I know many people feel happy when the world has not the government, but remember without the government, the world will be more dangerous than ever, trust me Wink
Pages:
Jump to: