Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think ICO is a good way to raise money? - page 13. (Read 4420 times)

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
ICO was always a good way to raise money for new projects. The problem is that ICOs got a bad reputation due to the huge number of scams last year, and now even good projects are suffering as people are much more reticent about ICOs.
Yes that’s true, it has been a good way to raise money for new projects and finding one bad egg in the basket doesn’t mean all the eggs are bad. There are bad ICOs and there also good ones. So I don’t see why we should start seeing all of them as scam when there good ICOs out there. The problem is that some of us don’t do their research very well before buying it.
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I think it is getting harder every month for ICOs to raise enough money because of the alarming rate of ICOs scam, even good projects struggle to raise money to execute there project. I think could be the end of ICOs unless something is done about it. I think the best solution to curb this fraudulent activities is to introduce regulations for ICOs. This will help genuine projects raise money from the public and accomplish their aims with investors trusting in the project.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
There is currently not better way how to raise enough money to finance the project.
ICO concept is the most easiest way how to get money without any regulations, restrictions and so on.
You might be right and yes many blockchain ventures who seriously intend to introduce their own coin in the market does offer incentives to the initial investors but people are fed up now. So many frauds on the name of ICO. Weak projects and so on. There are alternatives to make money. Day trade could also help you make it. Besides, investment in stocks and shares by the companies having zero default risk is more appreciated.
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
I think that ICO will no longer be able to raise funds. At least as they were before. Changes are needed in this market: tightening control, some kind of regulation and so on.
It is possible that the STO will be able to somehow change the situation.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
We see just few ICOs these days raising money for good will, except some. In fact, most ICOs do not have good product to develop and after raising fund, nothing will be spent on the intended project. I also believe in raise a moderate amount of fund, instead of the team looking out for what is not feasible.
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
ICO was always a good way to raise money for new projects. The problem is that ICOs got a bad reputation due to the huge number of scams last year, and now even good projects are suffering as people are much more reticent about ICOs.
Problem are newbie investors who invested money without prior knowledge and funded blind promises without doing due diligence. They probably though crypto will make them rich if they invest in any kind of projects, they were wrong, lost money and exit this market.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
Obviously ICO is a good way to raise your money, because there is better chance to get profit in 2X, 5X sometimes even 10X.
But in these days you have to choose a good ICO carefully for investment, because market is down & mostly ICO’S are not achieving their targets.
Activity: 238
Ico is still good way to earn huge profit. But in this time maximum icos are scam and not legit. If you want to earn profit, we should find legit ico. Then will be able to raise our money.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

If the ico now is the same what happened on 2017, I could say yes it is a good way. But since the market was not in good shape, its hard to say that, although I still believed there are few ico out there which are good to raise money, as long as we know how to look for a good project here in the forum to determine on which of them are scam ico or not.
Activity: 489
Merit: 250
Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

I think ICO is not anymore a good way to raise money because a lot of ICO are not that successful anymore and most of them are scams, that is why a lot of people starts to quit and leave joining ICO projects and bounties because they don't recieve any profit.
Activity: 286
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
Maybe. Because there are too many fake ICOs, we don't know which ones are good and what aren't. Although this year there are many good ICOs, one of which is BTT and FET (because BTT and FET, I get a lot of profit), we still need to be more careful in choosing it.
Activity: 451
Merit: 10
ICO easy to raised more than 5M in 2017 because cryptocurrency market stay at peak price, after one year price dip, a lot of project fund manage is too bad, such as play2live project claimed that raised 30M in ICO, current project latest update is owner out of funds and stop the development 3 month, really funny lol. However ICO still is a method to raise money in 2019, but be careful scam project.
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
Elementh project is abig disappointment ,after they raised enough money they claim they don't have enough resources?well they should have enough resources in the first place before launching the project ,I don't understand developers this days  they tend to always start what they can't finish ,so automatically funds is not the only issue ICO faces
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
I could say yes before but for now, it something aren't giving much profit and it even give losses for most.
Scam projects will be a reason why people were having doubts of putting their money into ICO as they usually heard that mostly investors will suffering losses after. And we actually knew that, their token's value will simply goes down straight once listed causing a huge losses.
Activity: 287
Merit: 10
Of course the ICO is not the best way to get money, the ICO is for those who are big capital investors. I think the best way to get money from cryptocurrency is to trade. You can take a little profit every day from trading results.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Investing in ICO projects is indeed very risky, even almost all ICO projects are scam and harmful. But there are some ICOs that can generate profits, when crypto prices climb some ICOs were well developed and made investors profitable. But still there are still many ICOs that are scam, this is like garbage. I don't think ICO is the best way to raise money because I'm sure if you try it will definitely experience a lot of losses, your loss will be more than the amount of profit you get. It is better to invest in coins that have experienced and developed well, this is more profitable.
Activity: 72
Merit: 6
Cryptoji.net | Translation services
Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.

They are such idiots scammers, have you seen their contract or address if they have raised that amount? it must be proven because how much fund raised can be manipulated by the team. That should be the main concern. I always choosen the right project just like BTT, Zilliqa, QKC and i never get scammed by the scumbag. Man, you should not trust ico bench.

Agree with you, but I think the year 2019 is not good for ICO project because the trend of investing in the cryptocurrency is no longer exits. Now there are a lot of ICO scam project and I think if the market does not go up, ICO will die in 2019, in my opinion.
We can not say ICO will die in 2019 or in 2035 , even in this bull market there are  some ICO which ends tokens sale after 10 min from start . I think It is more about regulating this kind of fund raising so not every one will be able to launch an ICO
If the ICO is legit it can help to the market to raise money but once the ICO is scam and failed for sure it will cause for the market to dump again because you know the collected funds maybe converted into real cash that can cause dropping value of the coins and tokens. I hope no more ICO scam so we can see the market rise.
Good point  Wink 8M btc converted to fiat is a big drope in volume
Yes it is before but now I don't think so, some investors is not interested unless you have already a reputation or you have a big and legit partnership. Like Bittorent there are so many investors because the tokensale happen on binance launchpad given that binance has a reputation too. But there are still some investing on not well known project.
totally agree , reputation is the key or at least a good ready to deliver product FROM a non experienced team with good money they can do something, but asking for money for only getting an idea and writing a whitepaper is not fair
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
It's not a good way anymore. Beside if you wanna get information about any ICO project, you should stay away from website icobench, it's a scam website give fake rating for ICO projects and ICObench account in this forum already tagged. Maybe in next few years, quality of ICO will be better but at the moment it's very terrible.
Pages:
Jump to: