Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think ICO is a good way to raise money? - page 10. (Read 4420 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 2
Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

Yes, they must go on a long-term vacation. On the sea. Where the sun always shines. I think this is not the worst project. I saw 100 m $ 36 $ m which also stated such. To invest in ICO today, a project must have a finished work product, or at least beta.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
I think this is the worst way to get money now. It seems to me that the ICO industry is causing great losses to the investor. I do not risk.
ICO can indeed make money but this is not the best way because the risks are big especially when a lot of bad things happen, so you have to be very careful when investing in ICO.
You must be able to arrange all the plans correctly so that you can run well.
Activity: 420
I think this is the worst way to get money now. It seems to me that the ICO industry is causing great losses to the investor. I do not risk.
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
Ako Bayot!
Yes, there are many scam projects. But there are still good projects ongoing. Mostly ICO prices very small. so if you invested in a good project still have a chance to raise your money. I just following the ETHA project. They have a good project idea and a good team. Another thing is their bounty managers are trusted. So I believe this is a good project.
Scam projects meaning earning money but it is not the investors that will going to earn instead it is directly the team who brought the project. Take time visiting the scam and accusations section, there are many projects being mention as scammer. ICO is just like robbing a bank in an easier way without forcing you to take your money. They just collect it offering you "heaven and then run away leaving you like a hell"- (Credit to the owner of this statement)
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
ICO is a tool for raising money to promising projects, for them, this is still a good way, but because of the large number of scammers, investors are afraid to invest.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1176
Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!
It is like any investment, it can bring you money in its potential if you understand and invest your money not to guess, but after a detailed analysis, drawing conclusions and determine the exit point beforehand, at what price you need to sell the coin, so that greed would not hurt you do it with a profit for you.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
Collecting money can be done in any way. Not just the ICO. Depends on you comfortable where to find the money. Turn on the ICO or invest in a well-known altcoin. So it all depends on where you are looking for money. In my opinion, a good way to raise money is at the ICO.
Activity: 616
Merit: 18
📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
Its really hard to trust ICO nowadays because of what we have faced on the previous years. But still ICOs are a good way to raise money but always be careful on picking the right project to invest to protect your funds and investments.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
Hello , What do you think about ICO as a way of raising money in the next years? .Specially after all the scam projects we have seen before,like last time  the team of a project called elementh(https://icobench.com/ico/elementh) claimed that they have to quit the project since they did not have enough resources eventhough they raised about 8M USD , and after ICO no single step forward the development of product has been achieved.
They wanna return the money to investors as btc and eth after all this bull market (btc was about 10K usd ).

Can you share a link of their telegram or ANN thread?  I would like to verify your statement.
I am interested to know because I am holding this token and were not able to sold it since the price is so cheap.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
If you come up with everything positive and a good prpject, I think it still have the chance to raise fund with ICO. You can also escrow the raised fund and spend later once you got whatever you promised to the ICO holders.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
It is getthing more and more expensive to run an ICO because of compliance. It is near to some other things already.

Ico could have been the best way to raise funds for your projects and in 2017 many people and investors has made good profits investing in projects through icos but in 2018, it seems the ico has been miss used by scam and fraudulent developer.  Many investors here have different story to tell base on what has happened and I in particular has lose money investing into abandon projects.
Activity: 616
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
now it’s not as interesting as it used to be, there are a lot of fraudulent projects and most of it’s falling in price
Activity: 756
Reserved.
Activity: 195
Yes, there are many scam projects. But there are still good projects ongoing. Mostly ICO prices very small. so if you invested in a good project still have a chance to raise your money. I just following the ETHA project. They have a good project idea and a good team. Another thing is their bounty managers are trusted. So I believe this is a good project.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

Yeah, raising money then run it all away but I'm surprised if the development team would really return that 8M money that they accumulated to raise. Most ICO these days are considered to be a scam that's why it's so hard to trust them.

What's the purpose of proposing projects when they don't want to finish it anyway? There's a lot of shit coins stack everywhere aren't these developers tired of making a new currency? Investors would be divided because there are existing currencies already yet most of them are lack of support after being dumped.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 468
ico is still a good place to find money fast, because there are still many enthusiasts from here but this is the moment to pay attention because it is often misused to seek instant benefits by some people
but in my opinion for some time ICO was not as profitable as possible because the market was dumping. so I think it must be careful and maybe if investors are doubtful they will secure their funds until the market improves and start investing again in the ICO
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
It is getthing more and more expensive to run an ICO because of compliance. It is near to some other things already.
Activity: 269
Merit: 11
ico is still a good place to find money fast, because there are still many enthusiasts from here but this is the moment to pay attention because it is often misused to seek instant benefits by some people
Activity: 1064
Merit: 389
Duelbits
ICO was really a good to make a profit went we buy at first listing, every ico always getting a really dip price after they hit the first exchange and that your opportunity to make some profit for bounce back price.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282

Of a truth icos was one of the Best and good ways of raising fund from the public for cryptocurrencies projects developments but the scammers and fraudsters has see this as an opportunity to scam people and investors of their hard earned money and in turned it creates distrust that we are witnessing in the cryptocurrency market now.  I will said this because I have lost so much fund to scam projects that used icos to raise funds from the public and I have decided to avoid investing into any projects during icos completely.
Pages:
Jump to: