Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Institutions secretly HODL Bitcoin? - page 17. (Read 2498 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 100
I am sure that there are financial institutions and goverments that secretly hold bitcoins. They are now aware to its value so they will not waste that opportunity to make more profit. There are many rumors all over the internet that powerful countries like China, Russia and U.S.A are holding bitcoins.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
maybe, because we don't know for sure whether an institution has bitcoin on their online wallet? it cannot be traced with certainty.
especially for countries that have not made regulations and oversight of the ownership and use of bitcoin in their countries.
Activity: 291
Merit: 100
BitMedia.IO
I think they sold it first Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
Fidelity CEO Abby Johnson surprised a tech conference this spring by revealing the brokerage giant didn’t just study cryptocurrency. It was also mining the digital assets—and making money while doing so.

It turns out Fidelity has been at this for three years, using its own computers to harvest the digital currencies bitcoin and Ethereum, which today trade for around $4,300 and $300 respectively.

Not only have they been mining for years without talking about it, but they're data mining their customers so they can gauge market sentiment. I'm sure there are other cases like this, like Wall Street firms spinning off startups and hedge funds to gain exposure.

Fidelity is reputable investment firm and from the news, Fidelity will involve in cryptocurrency bussiness and open custody. It getting more better for crypto community because more finance institution involve in cryptocurrency market and it will rising investor confident

It might be bullish for the price, but it's fundamentally bad. We see the downfalls of third party custody all the time as exchanges get hacked and customers get screwed out of their coins. Years ago it was Mt Gox and Cryptsy, yesterday it was Cryptopia and Quadriga CX. On a long enough timeline, every exchange gets hacked or embezzled from.

As companies like Fidelity enter the fray, they too will eventually get hacked and screw over their customers. It might add a whole new scale to these types of losses too. It just goes against the whole idea of Bitcoin (being your own bank).
Activity: 300
Merit: 3
More and more institutions will start doing this and that reduces the truly available supply in the market. I also think that many governments will hold some bitcoin as part of their national reserves.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
it could be, they with large funds buy bitcoin and save it for the long term, for the purpose of mutual profit in an institution.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 102
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
have you ever asked if some companies are seriously investing in Cryptos and still not talking about it?

Of course. It's bad business to announce your investments while you're still accumulating. Check out this article from 2017:

Fidelity CEO Abby Johnson surprised a tech conference this spring by revealing the brokerage giant didn’t just study cryptocurrency. It was also mining the digital assets—and making money while doing so.

It turns out Fidelity has been at this for three years, using its own computers to harvest the digital currencies bitcoin and Ethereum, which today trade for around $4,300 and $300 respectively.

Fidelity’s mining operations aren’t the only way the company is gaining insights into cryptocurrency. This summer, the brokerage entered an arrangement with Coinbase, a popular San Francisco-based exchange, to let customers view the value of their digital currency alongside stocks and others assets on their Fidelity homepage. The Coinbase tie-up is a convenience for customers, but also lets Fidelity gain insight into how many how investors are interested in cryptocurrency.

http://fortune.com/2017/10/06/fidelity-bitcoin-ethereum/

Not only have they been mining for years without talking about it, but they're data mining their customers so they can gauge market sentiment. I'm sure there are other cases like this, like Wall Street firms spinning off startups and hedge funds to gain exposure.

Fidelity is reputable investment firm and from the news, Fidelity will involve in cryptocurrency bussiness and open custody. It getting more better for crypto community because more finance institution involve in cryptocurrency market and it will rising investor confident
and now fidelity on final testing, i think this is be good news for cryptocurrency investors and community.maybe people dont care anymore with BAKKT if fidelity already launched their trading.but personally i hope BAKKT and fidelity could launched in same time.so it could very very good knows for us.
but with bearish prices like today, investors can fade fidelity. therefore it requires a fresh boost of positive news about cryptocurrency. and bakkt gives hope for many investors to enter the market
Activity: 633
Merit: 10
have you ever asked if some companies are seriously investing in Cryptos and still not talking about it?

Of course. It's bad business to announce your investments while you're still accumulating. Check out this article from 2017:

Fidelity’s mining operations aren’t the only way the company is gaining insights into cryptocurrency. This summer, the brokerage entered an arrangement with Coinbase, a popular San Francisco-based exchange, to let customers view the value of their digital currency alongside stocks and others assets on their Fidelity homepage. The Coinbase tie-up is a convenience for customers, but also lets Fidelity gain insight into how many how investors are interested in cryptocurrency.

and now fidelity on final testing, i think this is be good news for cryptocurrency investors and community.maybe people dont care anymore with BAKKT if fidelity already launched their trading.but personally i hope BAKKT and fidelity could launched in same time.so it could very very good knows for us.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
Due to bitcoin decentralized nature many cooperation and organizations are now optioning for bitcoin and other cryptocurrency because it give the total freedom in doing transaction and on a fast and secured network, compared to what we use to have where there is high level of third party involvement.
Regular commercial enterprises do not need to hide their transactions. After all, they need to conduct business openly, regularly reading about their activities to the tax authorities and auditing. Therefore, anonymity in this regard, they do not need. High price volatility of cryptocurrency is a very serious obstacle for its use by business structures, so they are unlikely to be interested in accumulating Bitcoin and other decentralized cryptocurrency.
This can be done by government agencies that need to circumvent international sanctions, such as Russia, Venezuela, Iran and others. They can secretly buy themselves Bitcoin for these purposes.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
Not at all but institutions like the exchanges are surely holding Bitcoin as Bitcoin will be the main foundation of their business to survived in fact most huge dump were made by the exchanges before after Bitcoin price surged. Also i believed the bank institutions of JP Morgan are also holding it as they fully support crypto currency now.
Activity: 644
COVIR.IO

Activity: 560
Merit: 121
I am thinking about charity institutions that are accepting and receiving donations from different individuals and even companies. what if there are some individuals who actually donated cryptocurrencies, particularly bitcoin to them which i believed there are. If the management are knowledgeable enough in cryptocurrency and in how to benefit best at it, I believe they will hodl. 
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
There are rumors of some russian politician saying that Putin is considering buying Bitcoin reserves. I believe this has been happening for years now. While they FUD the are buying OTC bigly. Approving Futures was a way to manipulate the price downwards and keep the price down. Once they've shrunk the OTC market, they will pump it to ATH, and keep repeating the cycle as they accumulate. They understand they cannot kill Bitcoin, only become bigger players.
This is not a rumor, there were already some kind of official statements about it. I think if you google it, you can find it. Recently, more and more companies are revealing their plans for Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
I think that it may very much be the case. There's a reason why many have hired crypto consultants. Even JP Morgan has been caught trading while its CEO waswas bashing Bitcoin in the media. If the rumors from Russia are true it would be completely normal for them to respond to the rumors like they did. THey wouldn't want to pump the prices up now when they're still considering it so the best answer is to deny everything.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
There are rumors of some russian politician saying that Putin is considering buying Bitcoin reserves. I believe this has been happening for years now. While they FUD the are buying OTC bigly. Approving Futures was a way to manipulate the price downwards and keep the price down. Once they've shrunk the OTC market, they will pump it to ATH, and keep repeating the cycle as they accumulate. They understand they cannot kill Bitcoin, only become bigger players.
if indeed that happens, then we will still see bitcoin to a high price again, after in 2018 we see prices tend to be sluggish. therefore I only convinced myself to hold on to the assets that I had. so that you can still enjoy the results later, and the news at least provides its own encouragement. what is clear is that bitcoin cannot be killed

I am very much agreed on your answered dudes. There are many of the others trying to overcome or replace the value and volume of Bitcoin but still since bitcoin has been run for 1 decade it is still among the top no. 1 in this business industry. Even though Bitcoin has also been down for almost 1 year but still a lot of us here believed it will bounce again at the right time.
Activity: 406
They way crypto platform for Institutional client is been developed by the day is become an eye opener that there is serious interest
by companies but I guess anonymity is prefered

Huobi Launches a trading platform for institution https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/huobi-crypto-exchange-to-launch-institutional-trading-to-a-limited-group/

So do you think companies like NASDAQ is good for the market https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-27/nasdaq-is-said-to-pursue-bitcoin-futures-despite-plunging-prices

SO do you think Bitcoin will be the future all sometimes fade away?

Huobi MENA: www.huobimena.com
telegram: https://t.me/HBMENA

theres a possibility that many institutions out there have been long holding bitcoin and just waiting for that very moment when bitcoin will rise high enough to buy everyone a lambo. We cannot deny the fact that theres a large institutions holding a massive amounts of bitcoun in their crypto wallet.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
They way crypto platform for Institutional client is been developed by the day is become an eye opener that there is serious interest

Huobi Launches a trading platform for institution https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/huobi-crypto-exchange-to-launch-institutional-trading-to-a-limited-group/

So do you think companies like NASDAQ is good for the market https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-27/nasdaq-is-said-to-pursue-bitcoin-futures-despite-plunging-prices

Theres a greater possibility that even small companies buy bitcoin secretly. Its a part of the company's investment fund though. Im aware that rich people definitely those people who owns company knows about cryptocurrency and im sure they are investing on it secretly.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I would never be surprised if Institutions HODL big amount of Bitcoins. As a wise man once said, "If you can't ruin/break it, then control it". Well, If institutions will not at least manipulate and HODL Bitcoins it would cost them much as well.
We can see that Bitcoin is a threat to a lot of business industries worldwide and every institution are alarmed about this.  I think they are probably HODLS a big amount and bitcoin to control it at least.

To me, that makes no sense

If you disagree and you think it does make sense, then you are welcome to explain how holding a big stash of bitcoins can help you control it. Further, you likely also need to explain how Bitcoin is "a threat to a lot of business industries worldwide". It is only a payment tool as well as a competitor to fiat, and while it may in fact pose a threat to a government monopoly on money printing, I don't really see how it can be a threat to real businesses apart from the banking industry. And even in the case of banks, things are not all black and white here

Well, a way to inflict some control on Bitcoin is by holding massive amounts, so when a fork happens, you can dump into whatever end of the split you aren't supporting, forcing miners to point their hashrate to whatever you are supporting and scaring them away from whatever you are dumping upon. So whales play a role in these fork-war situations. And Bitcoin is like land, it's limited in amount, there's only 21 million spots you can claim, no more, so if they want to outmatch the current whales, they need to hold more than them, and they can only do that by buying thus raising the price, and also hoping that whales capitulate when they manipulate the price down with Futures and other fiat derivatives

Well, now you add a new variable to the equation, i.e. a fork

Okay, you create a fork and dump whatever coins you are not quite happy with. And how's that different from just dumping your huge stash of coins making miners switch to mining something else, i.e. some other coin? Yes, that would likely crash the price depending on how many coins you actually have and probably even destroy it in the end if your stash is big enough

But does it make any sense if you have to buy up all these coins in the first place? Killing that coin would mean losing your investment, so you'd be basically shooting yourself in the foot. In simple terms, it doesn't look like control at all
Activity: 336
Absolutely, even though this year seems to be a very harsh market for the crypto space this is also the year that so many people and institutions have accumulated bitcoins. the reason why we don't see it affect the price is because most of these people buy from OTCs.
Activity: 658

I like your theme. Because I always believe that the crypto market is always controlled by some organizations and they have set up all plans. they just go that way and they will be rich forever.
Operators are very powerful people in the crypto market and they make money from mistakes in our transactions.
they will soon pump the prices of altcoins to let us buy more. so you should not worry too much about the future of crypto, it will last forever.
Pages:
Jump to: