Pages:
Author

Topic: do you think most people reads on the forum?? - page 2. (Read 714 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
It still is, I do not think there is a better place to get updated on cryptocurrencies as well as to learn much about it, as for the spammers, they are actually in every forum/online group etc, not just ours, we just have to use methods such as report to the moderator to reduce it.
Yes it is still the better place to find information about cryptos,if we use google most of the time we will end up finding a scam site or shit site,I said its harder,those spam replies made the legitimate discussion to get vanished so we might have to spend more time to see what is present on the discussion.Already forum members suggesting self moderated thread to control this issue,but it seems altcoin board didn't get any noticeable change.
Activity: 78
Merit: 20
On the same thread you mentioned if you see my reply, I seriously took out time for the analysis of the reviews and tried explaining the point:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52808053

There are users with the moto to address the query or to involve in the discussion and few are here just for publicity. It depends, when we find such post let us alert ourself that we should not become like them and it something wrong there is always a report to moderator button.
Activity: 43
Merit: 6
I'm AMA Hunter!
This happens every day. I think they do not have much time to find and read forum posts! They post articles with similar topics. The spam is too much on the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
Some sections like altcoin discussion is getting out of control with spams and I don't think anyone will read the posts on those section since any useful posts...
The real reason why it's spam filled in the first place is because they do not read, it's either those replying to the OP did not read it, to know if it's a shitpost that should be reported to the moderator rather than being replied to, or they simply do not read the already made replies to know if something similar had been said already, so they wouldn't have any need to post, they just go ahead and post, no matter what it is.
Bitcointalk was one of the most informative forum about cryptos but now bounty hunters invaded every sections and its really hard to find something useful...
It still is, I do not think there is a better place to get updated on cryptocurrencies as well as to learn much about it, as for the spammers, they are actually in every forum/online group etc, not just ours, we just have to use methods such as report to the moderator to reduce it.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 286
there is lot of information for learn bitcoin in this site bitcointalk .yes there is lot of traders who participe theirs experience with lot of site (exchange;trade;news......)
bitcointalk is an old site that talk about bitcoin and altcois and lot of economics topics . and there are those who read only ; i mean they do not have an account on the site, for example
Activity: 980
Merit: 280
I think most people when making threads and posts do not realize that they shouldn't write that much. I think it's better that you write less because more people will read it and you will get better engagement in the comments. If you write longs posts many people get bored in the midle of the post and the comment irrelevant stuff.

I do not agree with it completely because if something is relevant, then people do not mind reading the whole thing with interest. I do not mind reading through pages if i am interested in a certain topic.

The sad part is that most people come here to make money, so their focus is on the writing and not on the reading.

Activity: 212
Merit: 3
I think most people when making threads and posts do not realize that they shouldn't write that much. I think it's better that you write less because more people will read it and you will get better engagement in the comments. If you write longs posts many people get bored in the midle of the post and the comment irrelevant stuff.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
As for me
50-60% of users just waiting for interesting news and posts
Maybe some airdrops
Information about rates or else

Here we can find all this information, and thats nice, really nice
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
OP, you're right. Many people didn't come here to read. Their main intention to make as many posts in short time as possible and get paid for it. Some of them aren't even interested in crypto and came here just to make money. We can't expect that they will read long articles and will reply to topics only after reading it
But similar trends happens not only on Bitcointalk. It's common on whole online media. People often read just titles without opening article. This is why there is things like clickbait headlines - they need to make something that people would open article.

We cannot expect people to read the whole thread and then reply. What I expect people to at least read 4 to 5 posts above to understand what discussion is going on and then reply something new.

There are two problems here:

1- People do not read at all and submit a general reply according to the topic heading
2- People do read and then repeat the same point of view. This is again non-sense as we do not want to read the same thing again and again but with different words and grammar.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
This has been "tested" time and time again, because some people will create clickbait topics for their threads and then say something very different

in their content and people will still reply with something that was said in the header or title of the thread. They just read the damn title without

reading the content and then start posting randomly. The OP can even post something further down in the thread for example "All off-topic posts will

be deleted or reported" and people will still post nonsense replies. People are just too lazy to read and they get exposed when they do things like

that. Take the time to read the posts and not end up with a red face when you get exposed for crap posting.  Roll Eyes  I love to read, so it is not a

problem for me. 
Activity: 588
Merit: 285
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Reading Blogs/Discussion Forums is very useful for getting information of different topics especially which are of your interest but unfortunately nowadays the discussion have gone very wide which sometimes are not needed for the interest of the reader.
I believe topics which are of real interest are read,irrespective of length f the content.
The spam messages should be reported to the administrator and such user should not be allowed to post again in the forum.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
Some sections like altcoin discussion is getting out of control with spams and I don't think anyone will read the posts on those section since any useful posts will get buried by lot of useless shit posts in matter of minutes.But if we wanted to help in reducing that spam we can report it to moderator with specific reasons and wait for it to be handled.

Bitcointalk was one of the most informative forum about cryptos but now bounty hunters invaded every sections and its really hard to find something useful for any one who is searching about crypto related but when they have enough time to go through threads then they can find more useful replies and it can be highlighted with number of merits as well.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
It's because people are posting in threads which is not of his interested area. I'm very much ineterested in bitcoin technical stuff and some other bitcoin related stuff. I spend a lot of time reading these sections, although very few times I have posted something there.
It's never a good idea to post something without reading the topic as well as all the discussion taken place on the topic. But the way signature campaigns are being managed poorly, particularly the altcoin bounty campaign manager, it will be a pain in the ass at the end, I guess someday theymos will consider removing it. It's the only way open now to get out of these low quality posts.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
It is good to have a summary of your thoughts or you want to share on this forum. What I mean is not doing an essay but with sense. You can summary your post with at least important information. I honestly do not have time to read for a long article but I want to learn more.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Most read nothing but the headline or the first/last post in the thread, which is understandable if the thread has 10+ pages - but in most cases, such threads are not worthy of posting, what anyone can say but that is not already repeated at least ten times. Users should monitor their threads and lock them after some time or made it self-moderated and delete spam.

But what if thread has only two pages and most users still not read other posts? I will give you just one fresh example how not reading is producing spam - do you think user hello_good_sir would ask such question/s if he read previous posts?

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
greetings all

I want say something very important to us, I recently noticed that most people don't read lengthy article on the forum and it makes them posting out of the writeup on the thread. most people barely spend time while reading any post in the forum this has made many of us commenting irrelevantly on most posts.

please before posting READ properly to comprehend the contest of the post before commenting on the forum.

please make a reference to this link here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bad-experience-with-exchanges-5192804

what do you think about this?? please let watch over this

drop your comments and reduce some spamming post.

@Cryptomiles1 yes those users exist and to combat spammy posts merits were introduced, and I would say spammy posts have gone down considerably but it’s not possible to completely eradicate it. It’s pertinent to note that if you quote a post that was off topic or spammy, then when that post is reported your quoted post reply will be deleted too. In addition to this there’re many members here who’ll actively report posts which needs to be deleted, but sometimes it takes few days to be deleted as mods are only human but in the end they’re always cleaning the forum.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Unless a forum board is adequately moderated, such as the Dev & Tech and Mining boards (although these boards have way less traffic compared to other sections), there are hundreds of people daily looking for excuses to post something with the minimum effort just so they get paid more for participating in pay per post signature campaigns. Bitcoin Discussion and Economics are particularly terrible when it comes to expectations <-> reality mismatch.

In the future you may want to consider posting in Serious Discussion or its child-board Ivory Tower — signatures are disabled there, so whoever posts solely for money has no incentive to venture there: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=250.0
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
OP, you're right. Many people didn't come here to read. Their main intention to make as many posts in short time as possible and get paid for it. Some of them aren't even interested in crypto and came here just to make money. We can't expect that they will read long articles and will reply to topics only after reading it
But similar trends happens not only on Bitcointalk. It's common on whole online media. People often read just titles without opening article. This is why there is things like clickbait headlines - they need to make something that people would open article.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
this thing you said made me to understand something about a thread I raised some days ago, I hardly see replies on the thread due to what I posted was very lengthy and non could develop time to read what I have just posted over there. that post would help most of us today.
I think this is the thread you're talking about, you actually made this thread in the off-topic section, and I must tell you few people visit that section, your thread just took me there for the first time in many months. Many thread there aren't really "off-topic" in relation to being outside of cryptocurrency, they are threads to be discussed by a group of friends discussing over a meal, not on a forum.(stuffs like "your favorite meal", "favorite food" etc), it isn't just appealing.

Not everyone loves to read long threads, I myself do not like to read messages that are too long, except they interest me, are about merit statistics(i love those threads), or if it has an arresting beginning. Honestly not everyone would read a really long thread by a newbie, worse when that thread is posted in the off-topic section, that should be the reason you thread lacks more than three replies as of the time of posting this.
Activity: 798
Merit: 134

Most of the people come to this forum to gain money by posting. They want to spend more time on posting and less time on reading which i think is totally wrong. If we spend more time reading, and less time posting not only our posts will be valuable but also we will be saved from burst posting and spamming.

this thing you said made me to understand something about a thread I raised some days ago, I hardly see replies on the thread due to what I posted was very lengthy and non could develop time to read what I have just posted over there. that post would help most of us today.

you can click on my profile and see the thread and raised. is all about family and relationship talks including marriage too although today I will update the thread by adding more things.
Pages:
Jump to: