Pages:
Author

Topic: do you think most people reads on the forum?? - page 3. (Read 714 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
There are two more things that shitposters tend to ignore (not read) before posting:
- Day of last post inside topic they visit and have intention to post.
- Warning message of the forum whenever they click on Reply on long-inactive topics.
Consequently, I remind posters to pay their attention on last posting day and warning message before making their posts.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
greetings all

I want say something very important to us, I recently noticed that most people don't read lengthy article on the forum and it makes them posting out of the writeup on the thread. most people barely spend time while reading any post in the forum this has made many of us commenting irrelevantly on most posts.

please before posting READ properly to comprehend the contest of the post before commenting on the forum.

please make a reference to this link here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bad-experience-with-exchanges-5192804

what do you think about this?? please let watch over this

drop your comments and reduce some spamming post.

Most of the people come to this forum to gain money by posting. They want to spend more time on posting and less time on reading which i think is totally wrong. If we spend more time reading, and less time posting not only our posts will be valuable but also we will be saved from burst posting and spamming.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
It really depends on what you are replying to. If you reply to the OP, you should quickly skim through the whole thread to check if someone has made the same reply as you are about to write. But if you are replying to someone else's reply, and especially if that reply is recent, there's very little posts to read. So, to avoid both unnecessary posting and unnecessary reading, you shouldn't reply to the so-called spam megathreads - threads that have many pages of answers and ask some general questions that have been asked many times already.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
90% of the users do not read before writing. If you do, you will get many merits and will be considered a good poster.
I would say 60 -70 % dont read before they write something .

I recommend that you just ignore any thread with more than 15 replies.
After 15 replies, most of the time, everything was already said and spammers join in

Depends realy on what board you are and specialy on the Altcoin board you are right as long the thread owner is active with what they doing ( But there are not much).

The most just read the First post mostly or the first lines on it if the post is longer.
At the other side if there are more replys on a thread specialy that one that the OP have posted they share all there view and a few of them there Experience.
Activity: 798
Merit: 134
You have the "report to the mod" link in the bottom right corner of every post.
Just use it when you see something spammy. We are keeping eye on the forum, don't worry. It's a matter of time such 0-value posts to be deleted Smiley

A good place to start looking for those is here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=recent;patrol

okay thank you sir, I shall do that and also keep an eyes to every thread I m reading. I duely appreciate you for the knowledge because I have never taught of this before but now I have learn from you.

I m really ready to work for the forum.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 589
greetings all

I want say something very important to us, I recently noticed that most people don't read lengthy article on the forum and it makes them posting out of the writeup on the thread. most people barely spend time while reading any post in the forum this has made many of us commenting irrelevantly on most posts.

please before posting READ properly to comprehend the contest of the post before commenting on the forum.

please make a reference to this link here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bad-experience-with-exchanges-5192804

Well there are really some that isn't reallt after the content of every thread while there are some who are really aiming to know what is up and want to learn something. I've stumbled upon a topic about what did the people here in forum learned upon joining. There are lots of them that enlisted their learnings from here which is because of reading articles here and involving to threads which adds up to their learnings. While some are only here for bounty campaigns and just accomplishing tasks given to them.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328
Stultorum infinitus est numerus
It actually surprises me that a scaring amount of people are not reading the ranking system on the forum and is actually thinking that your post count is the one what raises your rank on the forums, which is one of the factors contributing to the massive spam that has been going on for quite a while. It's honestly fun to see accounts with several hundred or thousand posts that are stuck on Newbie and/or Jr. Member/Member ranks.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

The guy you are giving example (complaining) about is just an shill account of an already proven scam exchange Coinsbit. I think he is just upset about people discussing on shady exchanges, and considering Coinsbit's name to pop up somehow. It has no moto than spamming afterall.

I don't think you would commonly find such irrelevant stuff from most of the members here other than newbie shill accounts. The best way to deal with it is, as suggested above by using "report to mod" and they would be nuked soon. But yaa, you cannot stop someone from creating more accounts to shill and post baseless shit, sad to say.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
90% of the users do not read before writing. If you do, you will get many merits and will be considered a good poster.

I recommend that you just ignore any thread with more than 15 replies. Some very specific threads are an exception to this rule imo. After 15 replies, most of the time, everything was already said and spammers join in
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…>
And it’s not only regarding OPs. Often, there are answers within the thread that answer well enough, or narrow down the focus of the article or issue at hand. Nevertheless, you may then find posts that, whilst being on topic technically, are none the wiser that the context has been already narrowed down thorough the thread.

As an example, I recently tried to narrow down the focus of what Bitcoin ATMs meant to Venezuelans in a thread on Economics (see First Bitcoin ATM in Venezuela). Since the OP was written on that thread (January 2019), some events has changed, so I resurfaced the thread in October 2019 to explain a bit further (an adecuate necro-bump in this case). Some people catch-on, but many add some sort of "yupi dupi” type comment without having read about the situation there at all, that contextualized the depicted events.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
It really is unfortunate as most people only read the headlines and it can definitely be frustrating at times. But lets be honest here, this doesn't happen on Bitcointalk alone. It's pretty much the same with any community or any social media site, especially on Facebook. Laziness can only be fixed by the reader himself/herself unfortunately. The only thing we can do is to call them out, and or report the reply if it's way too off-topic.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
You have the "report to the mod" link in the bottom right corner of every post.
Just use it when you see something spammy. We are keeping eye on the forum, don't worry. It's a matter of time such 0-value posts to be deleted Smiley

A good place to start looking for those is here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=recent;patrol

Activity: 798
Merit: 134
greetings all

Pages:
Jump to: