Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think that planned pump and dump is ethically acceptable? - page 4. (Read 708 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
At first, a lot will say, no, it's not, hang them!
In reality, a lot are jealous of not being able to do it themselves and a lot more are doing the same just longer-term, shilling for a coin, spamming forums, and twitter and other social media platforms with the coin just so that it will grow in value and once it has reached the desired target the users sells and takes his profits. Same thing, just a longer pump and a short dump.
But contrary to what others have replied I don't see the beauty or funny part in it either, just as it was with bitcoin in the past it's a sign of centralization, with enough traders having enough coins to influence the markets at their will, more a concerning sight than something interesting. Again, I'm talking about pump and dumps triggered by groups of people not by events, that's something different.

Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
It's manipulation and it's unethical. Whales controlling the market is sucks. They are destroying the organic growth of crypto. This is the reason why there's always a fear in every significant pump of BTC, People always assume that all pump was fake even if its organic pump.

This kind of activity involves leverage trading. I heard some rumor that a group of whale opening position on leverage trading then they will use the crypto market to pump/dump the market in favor to there position. Usually they use signal like indicators to trap many small time investors.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I think the pumper fuck themselves over a lot.

I trade inter and intra minute timeframes with leverage and it's fun to watch a breakout crash almost as fast as it breaks with a high volume because the pumper misjudged the volume needed to pump it up (people re-entering for example).

They do it enough times that people doing TA should be able to spot it (it's not directly the same as a fake out though either) and anyone just buying don't have much of an affect on their buy price normally either.

Also, one word: DOGE! Where would we be without those beautiful 3x pumps that randomly occur?
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
Pump and dump are beauty of crypto market and I don't deny that I love it. I don't join any signal group because it is non-sense and very risky. Join those groups can make more dependent on thoughts and signals of others and don't have my own thoughts. Signals can cause greed and stupid activities. In one signal group, the more receivers of one signal, the sooner receivers will take advantage of the signal (if it is good) and the later receivers will take shit dumps.

I only watch pumps and wait for pull back to find a good entry and enjoy bounces from dumps.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
Pump and dumps have been a part of cryptocurrency trading scene since the first exchanges went live, owing a lot to thin order books, and unregulated exchanges.

That is, an individual or a group of individuals could cause an increase in price (typically with volume) to generate hysteria to then subsequently sell off for a huge profit at the expense of those late to the game.

The markets have long been manipulated, however nowadays there are groups dedicated to generated huge trading volumes along with heavy social media promotion to generate hysteria.

What's your take on pump and dumps? Does it make you feel uncomfortable knowing that traders outside of the circle will likely make a short-term loss, while those within the circle will mostly make significant gains?
Pages:
Jump to: